New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I could see Kefka for thematic purposes. It'd be a stomp, but apparently they don't care about that. I can't really think of anyone who would be entertaining for him to fight that wouldn't be a stomp. Joker isn't a fighter, he's a schemer.
    Yeah, that was also my thought.

Spoiler: last fight and next
    Show

Not much to say on the last fight... except this time I think there won't be any "this was so unfair" arguments...

An opponent for Joker... Kefka is possible because of their sadistic clown image. But any Kefka would stomp pudding so hard he can't even blink.
    Other evil masterminds are plenty off... I feel another Marvel vs DC would be too soon. But not sure out of the many choices who he could take...
    Or they'll bring in another clown? IT? But then that would be as interesting as against Kefka... Now Kefka vs IT....
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Except not really. Ignoring that GG has superhuman strength, durability and regeneration, his tech is also much better than what Joker has. Honestly, I can't think of anyone that Joker wouldn't lose terribly too.

Except... maybe Harley Quinn?
    ... and yet he routinely thrives as a criminal in a world with faster-than-light planet-smashing godlings in it.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    ... and yet he routinely thrives as a criminal in a world with faster-than-light planet-smashing godlings in it.
    He does that through scheming though, not fist fights.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Alright then, how about Mysterio?

Non-powered, bunch of creative tech gimmicks, has hand-to-hand combat abilities, similar-ish theme as a stage performer.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Next Battle
    Show
    Maybe Xanatos? Another (semi-)criminal mastermind. The guy who has become synonymous with complicated plans vs. the guy who embodies chaos. Both base humans, too. And they have already shown that they consider characters from Gargoyles for theirs fights.
    Last edited by Seppl; 2016-05-18 at 06:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Colossus in the Playground

Thats because he picks fights with a fellow human without powers. Gotham is the turf of the batman, noone else goes in there to fight crime but him and his people.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Thats because he picks fights with a fellow human without powers. Gotham is the turf of the batman, noone else goes in there to fight crime but him and his people.
    The godlings can't spend next-to-no-time to show up in Gotham, grab him in flagrante delicto, and arrest him? A helpless entirely non-faster-than-the-speed-of-light mundane dude who stands out like John Wayne Gacy meets the flame-throwing guitarist from Fury Road?

He's an eccentric maniac who kills (or attempts to kill) loads of people and constantly escapes justice, I don't think the fact that he's primarily in Gotham means the Powers That Be should somehow not be invested in his arrest nor the prevention of any harm he'll inevitably inflict. It's not like Superheroes are children forced to share the same bedroom and opt to stay outside of each others' arbitrarily determined territory as there will be some kind of hissyfit tantrum otherwise, and their parents will yell at them for the trouble. Nor is Gotham Batman's Official Urban Criminals Preserve that you need some official license to get into.

It's in the middle-ish of the north eastern United States! The only country in the world which really matters.

Whatever, Gotham has a serious Problem of Evil problem.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    I'm not up on my DC lore: does the Flash have any serious opponents? What could possibly threaten him, overpowered as he is?
    Most of his really serious opponents are either super-speedsters as well (Zoom, Reverse Flash), can cause major damage before he can stop them (Heat Wave, Weather Wizard) or have a way to slow him down (Captain Cold).
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The godlings can't spend next-to-no-time to show up in Gotham, grab him in flagrante delicto, and arrest him? A helpless entirely non-faster-than-the-speed-of-light mundane dude who stands out like John Wayne Gacy meets the flame-throwing guitarist from Fury Road?

He's an eccentric maniac who kills (or attempts to kill) loads of people and constantly escapes justice, I don't think the fact that he's primarily in Gotham means the Powers That Be should somehow not be invested in his arrest nor the prevention of any harm he'll inevitably inflict. It's not like Superheroes are children forced to share the same bedroom and opt to stay outside of each others' arbitrarily determined territory as there will be some kind of hissyfit tantrum otherwise, and their parents will yell at them for the trouble. Nor is Gotham Batman's Official Urban Criminals Preserve that you need some official license to get into.

It's in the middle-ish of the north eastern United States! The only country in the world which really matters.

Whatever, Gotham has a serious Problem of Evil problem.
    Gotham is Batsy’s turf and he defends it against anyone who tries to poach there.
    Most other heroes just aren't willing to fight the crazy millionaire just to grab some clown. Not worth the hassle.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

10. - Top - End - #130
    Banned

I don't think Bats would have a problem with any legitimate hero bringing in Joker. He'd only stop someone like Punisher.

To be fair to Joker, he has taken down the Justice League several times, along with other Supers. He's no slouch, he's just not much in a straight fight.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think Bats would have a problem with any legitimate hero bringing in Joker. He'd only stop someone like Punisher.

To be fair to Joker, he has taken down the Justice League several times, along with other Supers. He's no slouch, he's just not much in a straight fight.
    Joker's combat ability varies from continuity to continuity and even comic to comic. Sometimes he's pathetically weak and only functions as a mastermind. Sometimes he's a pretty decent fighter who uses a lot of tricks to get on top. Sometimes his fighting style is so random and unpredictable that he can even take on Batman through confusion fighting.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

He DOES have a problem with other heroes walking onto his turf. He feels gotham needs to be handled a certain way, the way he does it, the way he trains his various bat clan members to do it. The rest of the league respects his wishes and stays away.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    Joker's combat ability varies from continuity to continuity and even comic to comic. Sometimes he's pathetically weak and only functions as a mastermind. Sometimes he's a pretty decent fighter who uses a lot of tricks to get on top. Sometimes his fighting style is so random and unpredictable that he can even take on Batman through confusion fighting.
    He's even been given superhuman strength a few times, under the justification that it's "strength born from madness". Also resistance to pain, drugs and psychic attacks, a healing factor, and poisonous blood.

Under some writers he's not insane but "super-sane", allowing him to learn things he shouldn't be able to. Sometimes the reason he has no remorse for his crimes is because he knows he's in a comic book and his actions have no real consequences. Once he managed to eavesdrop on Death of the Endless. Conceivably he could go into a fight already knowing his opponent's abilities, even if they're from a different universe.

Joker might also try assassinating his opponent by walking up to them in disguise and nicking them with a concealed needle of Joker Venom (or just pulling out a gun and shooting them in the face, depending on who it is).
    Last edited by Prime32; 2016-05-18 at 09:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    He's even been given superhuman strength a few times, under the justification that it's "strength born from madness". Also resistance to pain, drugs and psychic attacks, a healing factor, and poisonous blood.

Under some writers he's not insane but "super-sane", allowing him to learn things he shouldn't be able to. Sometimes the reason he has no remorse for his crimes is because he knows he's in a comic book and his actions have no real consequences. Once he managed to eavesdrop on Death of the Endless. Conceivably he could go into a fight already knowing his opponent's abilities, even if they're from a different universe.
    His worst nightmare is getting into a fight with deadpool. The one enemy with stronger insanity and knowledge of the 4th wall than he ever could.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

His worst nightmare is getting into a fight with deadpool. The one enemy with stronger insanity and knowledge of the 4th wall than he ever could.
    Yeah, but Deadpool doesn't abuse his fourth wall knowledge to win fights. That wouldn't be sporting. Nor does his awareness of being a fictional character cause him to undergo a Lovecraft-style freakout.

There was a story where that did happen. It was called Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe.

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Yeah, but Deadpool doesn't abuse his fourth wall knowledge to win fights. That wouldn't be sporting. Nor does his awareness of being a fictional character cause him to undergo a Lovecraft-style freakout.

There was a story where that did happen. It was called Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe.
    Yeah but against another 4th wall breaker? It could be an interesting battle of halfwits. Ok thats not fair, neither of them are stupid, they are just crazy. But still, the banter between them would be hilarious.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Just gonna leave this here.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Banned

He DOES have a problem with other heroes walking onto his turf. He feels gotham needs to be handled a certain way, the way he does it, the way he trains his various bat clan members to do it. The rest of the league respects his wishes and stays away.
    I'm still gonna disagree, at least in part. He does believe that Gotham needs to be handled a certain way and that other heroes methods won't work. He even tells them as much. He doesn't take it as far as actually fighting other heroes in his city in order to protect the crazies though.

19. - Top - End - #139

I'm still gonna disagree, at least in part. He does believe that Gotham needs to be handled a certain way and that other heroes methods won't work. He even tells them as much. He doesn't take it as far as actually fighting other heroes in his city in order to protect the crazies though.
    Of course not. He isnt going to cold clock the flash for crossing borders, he will let the flash know that he isnt needed or wanted. Give him.... THE BAT GLARE!!!! Heh, the heroes are polite enough to respect the wishes of its members outside of end of the world scenarios. The flash doesnt patrol metropolis, batman doesnt fight crime in jump city, the green lantern doesnt do sweeps through gotham.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Banned

Of course not. He isnt going to cold clock the flash for crossing borders, he will let the flash know that he isnt needed or wanted. Give him.... THE BAT GLARE!!!! Heh, the heroes are polite enough to respect the wishes of its members outside of end of the world scenarios. The flash doesnt patrol metropolis, batman doesnt fight crime in jump city, the green lantern doesnt do sweeps through gotham.
    I think this is just one of those "comics are inconsistent' things that pops up every time people try to discuss something like this. On the one hand, you're right and there's plenty of examples of what you're describing. On the other, there's tons of examples of him asking other heroes for help in his city. For example, I know it's current canon that Supes patrols Gotham any time the Bat is out of town on business. I guess it just depends on the writer.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: AND IN THE BLUE CORNER...
    Show
    Needles "Sweet Tooth" Kane from Twisted Metal. ...Huh. Well, probably not who I would have picked, but...

I know next to nothing about Twisted Metal so I guess this is one of those fights where I'll just be... along for the ride.
    Last edited by ChillerInstinct; 2016-05-19 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Banned

Well that's disappointing. I probably won't even watch this one.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'll watch it but I definitely would have preferred Norman Osborn. Could have had his pumpkin bombs against, say, the gas from the 1989 Batman movie, or the absurd nonsense from the old campy 60's version. It might have not been the closest fight but I think it would have made for a more interesting one.

Spoiler: RE: The New Fighter
    Show
    Doing a precursory Google search, I don't think Sweet Tooth has any poison immunity, which means any type of Joker toxin is going to do a real number on him. Sweet Tooth's got the better raw weaponry though...

Honestly, this feels like a bit of a waste, with Sweet Tooth being basically the face of Twisted Metal. Would probably have been better to use him for a vehicle-based battle. Obviously they're going for the psychotic clown motif but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.

24. - Top - End - #144

I still think kefka would have been a better choice. Ah well.

25. - Top - End - #145

I know I made the last post already but im bumping this for a couple reasons. One, the whole thing with sweet tooth. I never got into twisted metal at all, but did it ever migrate away from being basically a demolition derby with rocket launchers into a fighting game of some kind? Because if not I honestly am confused at how this will go. Sweet Tooth fights with his ice cream truck and thats about it, right?

My other reason is this. We have done a lot of griping and moaning about how badly screw attack keeps messing fights up, what about the opposite? Is there any fight that you think was really well done? Not just because your horse won the race, but because they did a really good job of doing the research and comparisons and came to a good conclusion? Im excluding lame fights like flash and quicksilver because those are so unbalanced its like putting god versus vince mcmahon. In a fight vince didnt book and write the script for. (Because yes, vince had god as a wrestler once. He was a freaking beam of light, it was awful) Because the outcome is never in doubt.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Solid Snake VS Sam Fisher, it was a brilliant fight that did a great job at capturing what they were all capable of. I think the wrong guy won for a couple reasons but it was close enough either way I couldn't really complain.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

I think this was part of Screw Attack's lineup, but more than deathbattle, I still think their finest work is the One Minute Melee between Sakuya and Dio. It was chock full of small references, exciting back and forth, did a lot of show, don't tell, and just general was incredibly enjoyable to watch. More than any other vs match, that's the one I keep coming back to.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I think this was part of Screw Attack's lineup, but more than deathbattle, I still think their finest work is the One Minute Melee between Sakuya and Dio. It was chock full of small references, exciting back and forth, did a lot of show, don't tell, and just general was incredibly enjoyable to watch. More than any other vs match, that's the one I keep coming back to.
    The animator for that one says that ScrewAttack commissioned them after being impressed by some of their past work, and had no input into how it turned out (no one on the team even knew who Sakuya was).

Also, that the video was originally planned to have Dio get decapitated and continue fighting as a head.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Same I loved that one, I think I have forced more people to watch it than just about anything other than Hellsing Abridged. I especially liked that a fight between two people with time manipulation played with the one minute fight premise.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I don't think they'll go this route, but interestingly enough...

Spoiler
    Show
    Both clowns have had a brief episode of omnipotence at some point in their psychotic careers.

Joker once got the majority of Mxyzsptlk's power and used it to create his own world. Sweet Tooth once got all of Calypso's wish-granting power and replaced him as the main villain of Twisted Metal for a game.