New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    On one hand Mega Evolution needs a trainer, which is outside help, but on the other hand, I can't really seem them doing this without throwing either Mega Mewtwo X or Mega Mewtwo Y into the fight. Probably Y, it's the fast one, and it looks more distinct from base Mewtwo.

Since Shadow is a returning competitor, I wonder how much they'll change about him. In his battle against Vegeta, the entire fight came down to if Vegeta could outlast Super Shadow's finite time limit. Which, it being Vegeta, the Saiyan Prince of not being able to stay down, was not an issue. But... can Mewtwo?
    Maybe.

But let me throw a different factor in. Super Shadow is physical invincibility. Can Mewtwo simply crush Shadow's mind and bypass Super Shadow that way?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

If we are being serious and take into account what we know or what DB has implied in Shadow's last battle...
    Super Shadow is on the level of SSJ Vegeta. Which is WAY beyond planet crushing. No matter what Mewtwo may try, short of actually stealing his ability, he will have a damn hard time lasting a second against that.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    No matter what Mewtwo may try, short of actually stealing his ability, he will have a damn hard time lasting a second against that.
    Sand Attack. Sand Attack. Sand Attack. Minimize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    The horror.... The horror...

I can make it worse, though!

Substitute.
    Last edited by McNum; 2016-06-13 at 05:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

On the other hand, Shadow can stop time. So that's pretty much a win in my book.
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    The horror.... The horror...
    I can make it worse, though!
    Substitute.
    Oh my god, a combo of minimize, sand attack, substitute, and recover would (if he gets the time to set it up) be the perfect defense...
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Banned

Oh my god, a combo of minimize, sand attack, substitute, and recover would (if he gets the time to set it up) be the perfect defense...
    Sure, but then he doesn't get to know how to do anything but those 4 moves.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Sure, but then he doesn't get to know how to do anything but those 4 moves.
    Except a) They've classically ignored that in Death Battle but b) if they do go by Pokemon rules, his power of Pressure can force Shadow to use Struggle until he kills himself.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2016-06-14 at 02:52 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Perfect defense, but no offense. I was thinking Toxic, Mega Drain or Leech Seed for the last slot. Use Substitute, make yourself impossible to hit. Drain their health into your own oso the damage you took from making a Substitute is healed.

Except a) They've classically ignored that in Death Battle but b) if they do go by Pokemon rules, his power of Pressure can force Shadow to use Struggle until he kills himself.
    This does sound a little in character for Shadow, anyway. Mostly kidding. Mostly.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

So, in Pokkén a Mewtwo gets fused with a weird crystal and becomes "Shadow Mewtwo". Given the name, and how Shadow uses crystals himself, do you think they'll use it?

I ask because Shadow Mewtwo's finisher is an energy blast which covers most of the planet (but does not deal enough damage to OHKO an opponent, nor does it damage the ring in any way). If Death Battle want Mewtwo to win, they'll probably start throwing walls of math around about how much power it takes to create a blast that size.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    So, in Pokkén a Mewtwo gets fused with a weird crystal and becomes "Shadow Mewtwo". Given the name, and how Shadow uses crystals himself, do you think they'll use it?
    Given the thematics I'd say that's a good bet that they'll use it.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post

I ask because Shadow Mewtwo's finisher is an energy blast which covers most of the planet (but does not deal enough damage to OHKO an opponent, nor does it damage the ring in any way). If Death Battle want Mewtwo to win, they'll probably start throwing walls of math around about how much power it takes to create a blast that size.
    Heh, would have been funny if they did that for cloud. "As we see here, Cloud is capable of tanking a blast from an exploding sun that managed to engulf mercury, venus, and a portion of the earth. Oddly enough, if the battle takes long enough, he shows he can survive SEVERAL supernovas, though probably not at the same time."
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Heh, would have been funny if they did that for cloud. "As we see here, Cloud is capable of tanking a blast from an exploding sun that managed to engulf mercury, venus, and a portion of the earth. Oddly enough, if the battle takes long enough, he shows he can survive SEVERAL supernovas, though probably not at the same time."
    Yeah, gameplay and cutscene dissonance is WEIRD, yo. I mean, Bayonetta could take a hit from a GALAXY during the final boss of her first game, but you fall down just a little too far in a QTE event, and you're dead. Shadow can survive a fall from orbit with nothing more than a bad case of amnesia plot, but can die from tip-toeing into a mechanical frog that's literally just standing still. Mega Man can take a miniature black hole to the face like a champ, but touch the blunt side of a spike...

Or, of course, what's probably my "favourite" all-time bit of dissonance, summed up in about five seconds. Multiple .50 cal bullets to the face? NO PROBLEM! Sprained ankle? Life.exe has encountered a fatal error and needs to close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.

14. - Top - End - #194

So they did a mewtwo blurb. And covered basically nothing but his backstory. No real mention of his powers or abilities other than being psychic and beating people up with his mind. I dont recognize the backstory myself, im only familiar with the early pokemon version where it showed up a couple times in all that gear and beat up Gary and maybe a few others. Plus the film.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

The fight is up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In all, something of an anticlimax. The two barely got the chance to fight, I suppose because Mewtwo's body and Shadow's mind both can't take a ton of punishment. I'll admit though, I didn't think of Mewtwo dropping Shadow out of his Super form.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iamyourking View Post
    The fight is up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In all, something of an anticlimax. The two barely got the chance to fight, I suppose because Mewtwo's body and Shadow's mind both can't take a ton of punishment. I'll admit though, I didn't think of Mewtwo dropping Shadow out of his Super form.
    Spoiler
    Show

They implied it was due to Shadow having a time limit, and didnt even mention Mewtwo's Pressure ability.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Mewtwo Vs. Shadow
    Show

Yeah, this was basically a Fighter Vs. Wizard match: Shadow being the fighter, and Mewtwo being the wizard. Shadow's great physical power simply can't beat someone who is more flexible, cool-headed and smart in his usage of his powers like Mewtwo. its fast simply because as soon as the wizard figures out what to do, they solve you like a puzzle and proceed to destroy you with no compunctions.

if Shadow was facing someone more hot-headed, prideful and less flexible in their thinking, he might've won. unfortunately he already faced that in Vegeta and Vegeta was too powerful for him. seems like Shadow can't win either way.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Damn they didn't answer my Trick Room question or my Psych up one.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: Mewtwo Vs. Shadow
    Show

Yeah, this was basically a Fighter Vs. Wizard match: Shadow being the fighter, and Mewtwo being the wizard. Shadow's great physical power simply can't beat someone who is more flexible, cool-headed and smart in his usage of his powers like Mewtwo. its fast simply because as soon as the wizard figures out what to do, they solve you like a puzzle and proceed to destroy you with no compunctions.

if Shadow was facing someone more hot-headed, prideful and less flexible in their thinking, he might've won. unfortunately he already faced that in Vegeta and Vegeta was too powerful for him. seems like Shadow can't win either way.
    Spoiler: Mewtwo vs Shadow
    Show
    Lol.

Shadow: I have unlimited AC, move speed of 300 000 000 feet per second, and do hundreds of damage with every attack. I'm unstoppable!

Mewtwo: Wanna bet?

Shadow: Sure! Go ahead! Hit me with your best shot.

Mewtwo: Dominate Monster. What was your Will save again?

Shadow:...+8.

Mewtwo: Cool. Well spell save DC is 50. Good luck.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Mewtwo vs. Shadow
    Show
    Huh. Didn't expect it to be that one-sided. But Mewtwo with his anime powers is no slouch. The ability to rewrite specific memories combined with the ability to read minds, and just enough durability to last for as long as he needs to use it... that's a pretty powerful combination. Too bad for Shadow.

Poor Shadow. He's down 0-2 now. That makes me wonder... Is there a good both thematic and power-scale match for Shadow that he might have a fighting chance against? Vegeta outlasted him, and Mewtwo just turned off Super Shadow... so who could Shadow beat in a Death Battle that would also be fun to watch?

Spoiler: Next time on Death Battle...?
    Show
    ...I got nothing. What are they up to? Master Chief vs. Master Chief in a crossover with Red vs. Blue?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

The obvous oponent for master chief is Samus Aran. Which is either a 1 sided stomp, or the chief runs her over with awarthog to make her lose her upgrades.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

I don't feel like I have anything to add to what was said on the last battle... not unfair but unspectacular, in a way.

Next time... no idea. I'm afraid I might not care much but then I can't say I cared much for the last one
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Next time on Death Battle...?
    Show
    ...I got nothing. What are they up to? Master Chief vs. Master Chief in a crossover with Red vs. Blue?
    Spoiler: My response
    Show
    Since his last fight was vs. another FPS legend, I guess they'll pair him off against another space marine. My bet is Commander Shepard.

24. - Top - End - #204

Spoiler: todays battle
    Show
    Meh, really short. I mean, it made sense. Like has been said before, fighter versus wizard. Even if the fighter does have time stop as an ability. Im just annoyed that it was all over so fast. I miss the death battles that take awhile as each side has the durability and flexibility to adapt and overcome its current disadvantage the snake/fisher fight for example. Even the original superman/goku fight. I mean yeah that one had a distinct feel of "Ok, so goku powered up again? Guess superman has to unleash another tiny portion of his strength to crush him." But at least it wasnt a minute long, "Eh, im done playing, /insta gib" (Like the second goku fight *cough*)

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Turns out it's not Master Chief, it's two characters from Red vs Blue. I officially don't care. I stopped caring about RvB when they sold out by being dramatic. Because even though we were a comedy for, like 3 or 4 seasons, let's radically change the tone of the series to drama, because screw comedy and the tone we've established, people only respect drama.

Back on topic, however: Why are we wasting a Death Battle on this? They're from the same series! The whole dang point of DB is a fantasy "who would win in a fight" contest from varied sources. I get that they're partnered with Rooster Teeth, but if RT wanted to have them fight, have them fight! It's your show, write that in! Don't take up a slot of another show for something you could do yourselves if you could be bothered!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Because Rooster Teeth is slowly but surely buying up the internet and now that they own screwattack its time for tie ins. Even though the only things that really make screw attack worth watching are... well only death battle really and even then its only barely worth watching any more.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Banned

Yeah...it's not even RvB characters anyone would care about.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know I rather like Carolina. But to be honest I would rather see Tex vs someone else like Samus or another non RvB character.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

I'd rather they just don't use their own characters at all. Especially after how biased the RWBY one was.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

I still maintain the method they use to decide the equipment of the RPG characters was about as good as anyone is ever going to get, since just giving all the best equipment ever is just not going to work. Although the pillar math was a load of bull.