New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default ... In Effington! [Mixed NWOD, IC]

It has been grey in Normal for entirely too long. It's not that grey days aren't allowed. It's just that after a few weeks of them even the most resilient spirits tend to turn towards the bleak. The hope locally had been that the holidays would shatter grey skies. That snow would pour out and blanket the moderately sized town in soothing white. Give the sun something to bounce off of rather then hide behind. But tragically snow continued to be held in abeyance, leaving behind nothing but grey skies.

"...This doesn't crack soon it's going to be impossible to get a decent latte in this town."
    Omar has a tendency to say things as though they're going to mean something to everyone else when he knows damn well that he's only giving you the end result of a convoluted train of thought.
    "It's inevitable really. Weather like this for too long, everyone's antidepressants fail, next thing you know everyone in their twenties has opened a vein, then boom. No more baristas."
    He thinks for a moment, peering into a cup of coffee you're sure you didn't offer him. Actually... You're almost certain that you're out of coffee. And you certainly don't own any mugs that read BAD MOTHER****ER in bright red letters on the side.
    "But right. Sorry. I get distracted. This weather man. Makes it hard to hold a thought in your head... I swear machine be damned if this doesn't break I'm moving to a major urban center. New York or Chicago. Weather will still be ****, but at least I'll be able to get a decent gyro at two in the morning."
    You open your mouth to hurry him along and he holds a hand up, rings glinting of each of his fingers, gaudy heavy chunks of red and gold.
    "Yeah yeah, I know. Get to the damn point. Fine. I think I found it. A portal to hell. And since y'all are closer then anyone else I thought I'd dump it in your laps. Could have kicked it over to the twin cities but frankly you can only catch so many heavy oak doors with your face before you lose the taste for it... Actually, I don't know that I ever had the taste for it."
    He grins and his dusky skin starts to fade into shadows that were never there before, purple eyes and white teeth hanging in the air.
    "So do me a favor. Go to Hell."

You shudder awake and the last thing that lingers in your mind is those grinning teeth. And a name of a place. Effington. It's on the way to Normal.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I couldn't resist using Omar again, so sue me. Everyone wakes up with this dream fresh in their minds. What you do with it is up to you. It is January Fourth, 2016, and you're in Normal Illinois. Go.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: ... In Effington! [Mixed NWOD, IC]

Molly wakes up cursing in Russian. Why was she even dreaming? did she choose to dream? did she choose to have that dream? what the hell? She grabbed a small half full pack of cigarettes from her nightstand and pulling one, lit up.

If she had parents they would be furious.

"guh... what day is it?" she asked to no one in particular.

She blinked as she looked over at her calendar. ".... great school...."

And thus began the morning primping ritual.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

István awakes with a strangled gasp that comes out more like a snarl. His heart races in his chest. Slowly yet surely, he comes down off the andrenaline rush. István checks the clock. Seven AM. "God damn it. Molly's gotta be up now. I don't." He weighs his options, then gets out of bed with a groan. Stumbles into the shower.
    Last edited by JonRG; 2016-01-05 at 12:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Molly puts on her filtration mask and heads to the special room in the basement. Putting on gloves she makes a quick check on the chemicals. They should be ready soon, and she can get a fresh stock made.

Satisfied that things will be ready for the real deal after school, she closes up her room, sets the mask back in its hiding place, and makes her way to the bathroom. "There better not be hair in the drain this time Izzy!" She joked ribbing her landlord.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Sean wakes up very confused, one-hundred thirteen years and he had never dreamt before... well, in recent memory at least. Regardless he checks to make sure the shades are still down in his apartment and calls up Lani. "Hey, we need to talk. As soon as is convenient for you."
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2016-01-05 at 02:09 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

Lani stirs awake as her phone is ringing. She'd had weird dreams before, but this was just too bizarre. Mano usually kept her protected from these kinds of things.

She answers the phone and blearily says,

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

The nature of the talk goes over her groggy head!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Sean looks at the clock, holy hell it was only 11? It was way too freaking early.

"So this is going to sound a little odd... but how much do you know about dreams? Are there any spells or something that can send dreams to a person?"
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

She sits up in bed.

"It's not my specialty, but yeah. It's possible. Did uh... Did it involve a shady-looking Indian guy with a novelty coffee mug? Talking about Hell?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Sean raises an eyebrow, then remembers she can't see him. Damn cellphones "Yeah... how'd you guess? Had the same dream?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

"Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. That can't be a coincidence, so guess we've got some sleuthing to do."

She checks the time.

"Wait a minute, it's morning. How the hell are you awake?"

Forget important questions. Gotta learn stuff about how Draculas work!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Sean laughs,"Always the researcher aren't you Lani. Frankly I don't know, it was probably the shock of having a dream for the first time in about seventy years that did it. But yeah, it probably would be wise to see if anybody else in the city had this dream. A door to Hell isn't the thing we want many people knowing of."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

István sighs with annoyance as he walks out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel. "For the last time, that was not my hair!" he shouts back. Quashing his desire of breakfast, István goes back to his room to dress. Only had to make that mistake once.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Molly giggled. Istvan was good people. She was glad she found him and not some jackass.

After her shower and a quick primping of her hair she stopped by his room. "So I had a dream last night... someone talking about hell."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rat's eyes snap open; she doesn't move right away, but her body is tense. An uncomfortable dream... worse, a dream telling her to go to hell. A really, really bad sign. Maybe it was just a dream... maybe. Probably it meant bad things were going to happen to her... well, that was usually a safe guess anyway.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

István swings open the door, still shirtless. His golden eyes stare at her intently. "Indian guy? Smug as ****?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Molly nods, and gets a firmer grip of her towel. "Same dream?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

István blinks. Eye contact was hard, sometimes. "That's... not normal. Maybe you should call that chick who does the..." He waggles his fingers in a magical sort of gesture. "I can't believe I'm forgetting her name. Uh..." István snaps in an effort to jog his memory.
    Last edited by JonRG; 2016-01-05 at 05:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Molly nods. "You mean Lani. Want me to take off school?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Yes!" István cackles triumphantly. "Kept thinking Lana, and uh, yeah, today's gonna be a weird day. I can feel it." He picks up the phone and dials the school's absence report line to leave a message. István clears his throat and tries to feel extra Hungarian. "Yis. Hyello. I am calling to report my daughter, Molly Tova, absent from school. She is in Mr. Weber's fifth grade class. Has a 101° fever and is... kak skazat...vomiting. Think is food poisoning. She should be back in school tomorrow. Thank you. Goodbye." István beams at his roommate. "All set!"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Molly laughs. She loves when he puts on the voice. Turning she speaks. "Awesome. I'm going to go get some clothes on. Should we have her meet us here?" She looks back and looks him up and down. "Kamrade?"
    Last edited by Kell_tamer; 2016-01-05 at 06:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Da!" István shouts back.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

She chuckles and heads to her room. Slipping into some clothes she grabs her phone and meets Istvan at the table.

She texts Lani saying they need to meet. Asks if she is free.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

István slides into the kitchen with the power of sockfoots and begins to make breakfast. Since he's tired as hell, today's magic will consist of Eggo waffles combined with the power of toaster!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Molly chuckles. "you spoil me." She pulls out her laptop, the ever on Daemon. The familiar Dragon background showed up and Kali v 2.0 greeted her.

She booted up ice weasel and proceeded to read some webcomics to pass a bit of time while waiting.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

István pulls out Molly's chair for her, then takes a seat himself. "Nmmmmmmmmmmrd," he jeers around a mouthful of waffle.
    Last edited by JonRG; 2016-01-05 at 09:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Molly chuckles to herself. "Says the guy who spends his time hating bein a rad monster while paying money to pretend to be a bull man"

She continues to read her comics.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

István swallows a lot of waffles. "You shutcher mouth about Hasselhoof! He's a great warrior."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

"Right, right."

Lani makes a few notes.

"Anyway, you get some more sleep, and I'll call you after sunset. I'm guessing from the text I just got from someone else that we weren't the only two who had this dream."

She says goodbye and hangs up, tells Molly she is free, and drives over to Molly and Istvan's place!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Molly lets Lani in when she pulls up. "Hello Camrade!" She had a bit of a playfulness to her.

She gestures her in and to a place at the table just as a fresh batch of eggos pops up.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Sup?" István asks. Eloquent, our waffle wizard.
    Last edited by JonRG; 2016-01-06 at 10:48 PM.