New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271

Default Re: Tales of Crimson Darkness

The window is between the ground floor and the 1st floor, so it's above ground level. Note you don't need to jump out the window, you can climb.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
    The window is between the ground floor and the 1st floor, so it's above ground level. Note you don't need to jump out the window, you can climb.
    So, I can get to the window and climb out of it all in the same move action? And then use a non-action to make a Hide Check?

3. - Top - End - #273

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Yes. You can do multiple types of movement during a single move action, up to your limit of movement in a round.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Yes. You can do multiple types of movement during a single move action, up to your limit of movement in a round.

Awesome. Okay, I flee the room and leave through the window. I think that's all I can do on my turn, unless I need to make a Hide check not to be seen or a Move Silently check to stop Aramil from guessing where I went. (Or unless I have move left, in which case I head along the wall away from both the window and the entrance I used.)
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-05-22 at 12:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275

You move out of the room, to the stairs and out the window. Then you here the sound of another lighting bolt echo from inside the tower, probability back in the room. Then everything is mostly quiet.

Show

Your action

The grounds around the tower are filled with small wooden out buildings, like sheds and barns. There are plenty of animals about, tied up or in pens. Plenty of folks move about working, half orcs and gnolls and goblins and a couple human overseers. No one even so much as looks over your way at all.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

You move out of the room, to the stairs and out the window. Then you here the sound of another lighting bolt echo from inside the tower, probability back in the room. Then everything is mostly quiet.

Show

Your action

The grounds around the tower are filled with small wooden out buildings, like sheds and barns. There are plenty of animals about, tied up or in pens. Plenty of folks move about working, half orcs and gnolls and goblins and a couple human overseers. No one even so much as looks over your way at all.
    Well, it looks like Foppo's going to need some avenging too. But then, it's not like I didn't see that coming.

Are there buildings close enough to me that I could be behind one in the space of one move action?

7. - Top - End - #277

There is a small 10x10 wooden shed only 20 feet away, well within your movement.

No one seems to hear the bolt sound inside the tower, or maybe more so no one cares enough to react much.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a small 10x10 wooden shed only 20 feet away, well within your movement.

No one seems to hear the bolt sound inside the tower, or maybe more so no one cares enough to react much.
    I head into the shed and look in through the nearest entrance.

How many ways in and out are there in this shed?
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-05-24 at 04:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279

The shed is typical. It has a single door in the front and no windows. The door is half open and you can see tools inside like shovels and axes. There is no one near the shed.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

The shed is typical. It has a single door in the front and no windows. The door is half open and you can see tools inside like shovels and axes. There is no one near the shed.
    In that case I move on, heading away from the entrance I used to get into the tower and trying to keep to the sheds so that I'm harder to see from the window I just escaped through.

Is there a forest nearby? Or tall grass? Or something to afford me some cover when I'm away from the sheds? I don't even need anything substantial since I can use Hide even while being directly observed in an area with at least a little shadow.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-05-25 at 12:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281

There is a large stable like building about 60 feet away. Inside you can see mules and lots of goblin workers. The stable does cast a good sized shadow.

At about 100 feet away from the tower, at the edge of the compound starts the tall grass-line.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a large stable like building about 60 feet away. Inside you can see mules and lots of goblin workers. The stable does cast a good sized shadow.

At about 100 feet away from the tower, at the edge of the compound starts the tall grass-line.
    I stop in at the stable (assuming nothing interrupts while I move there at my relatively slow speed,) feeling like a bit of an idiot for delaying my escape and telegraphing what direction I'm going in. (Especially for the benefit of people who are loyal to my enemy.) But I stop nonetheless and get the attention of a goblin worker. "Excuse me, is there a goblin family on this estate that uses the name 'Boneeater?'"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-05-26 at 02:40 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Goblin Worker "Sure, the Boneeaters live at the south end, that way. The caves colored all white." he helpfully points the way.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin Worker "Sure, the Boneeaters live at the south end, that way. The caves colored all white." he helpfully points the way.
    Is there a reasonable escape route in the direction he's pointing? Or is he pointing back towards the tower or something?
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-05-26 at 04:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285

The goblin points past the stables, in the opposite direction of the tower. To where the hills are at the southern edge of the compound that are full of living caves. Much like the cave you slept in to the north.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin points past the stables, in the opposite direction of the tower. To where the hills are at the southern edge of the compound that are full of living caves. Much like the cave you slept in to the north.
    "Okay. Thanks. I'm going to stop in at their cave for a bit."

Hissra turns to leave, and then turns back "Oh, and if you hear anything through the grapevine about a woman named... Marcomorian or something... being killed by a shadow creature as some sort of revenge from the Plane of Shadow, don't believe it. Marcomorian was killed on the orders of Kabsenuf Tantawi by a team consisting of Nuxd Boneeater, a Mephit named Foppo, and a wizard named Hissra that Tantawi Called from the Plane of Shadow. They completed the job and reported for debriefing, and then a Talosian by the name of Aramil Dsuke tried to execute them. (Presumably on Tantawi's orders.) Anyway, he didn't manage to get Hissra and needed a second shot to get Foppo. (That Dsuke *#&#er really needs to work on his aim."

I head over to the caves as quickly and quietly as my injuries will permit.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-05-26 at 07:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

The goblin worker listens to your story with interest and gives a little nod as you leave.

There are plenty of buildings and structures along the way, including woodedn fences, piles of dirt and hay and a couple of wagons. There are plenty of goblins, kobolds, gnolls, half orcs and humans around, almost all of them working or doing some sort of task. Almost all of them are armed, though the goblins and kobolds mostly have clubs and the half orcs have axes or swords and the gnolls have spears. Most are in leather or hide armor. Only the gnolls have metal armor. Most humans have no armor or visible weapons, though a couple have leather armor or a dagger or sword.

No one makes any noticeable reaction to seeing you, the few that look your way.

The south end of the compound is a series of rocky hills. It is easy enough to spot three caves that have white paint and plaster all over the cave entrance and area. Three young male goblins are at one cave entrance re-panting.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin worker listens to your story with interest and gives a little nod as you leave.

There are plenty of buildings and structures along the way, including woodedn fences, piles of dirt and hay and a couple of wagons. There are plenty of goblins, kobolds, gnolls, half orcs and humans around, almost all of them working or doing some sort of task. Almost all of them are armed, though the goblins and kobolds mostly have clubs and the half orcs have axes or swords and the gnolls have spears. Most are in leather or hide armor. Only the gnolls have metal armor. Most humans have no armor or visible weapons, though a couple have leather armor or a dagger or sword.

No one makes any noticeable reaction to seeing you, the few that look your way.

The south end of the compound is a series of rocky hills. It is easy enough to spot three caves that have white paint and plaster all over the cave entrance and area. Three young male goblins are at one cave entrance re-panting.
    I walk up to the three young male goblins. "Excuse me, are these the Boneeater caves?"

19. - Top - End - #289

Each goblin puts a hand on a bone dagger they wear on their belts, "Yes, these are our home caves of the Boneeaters. What d you want with us?"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Each goblin puts a hand on a bone dagger they wear on their belts, "Yes, these are our home caves of the Boneeaters. What d you want with us?"
    "I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news. Nuxd Boneeater was murdered by a man who introduced himself as Aramil Dsuke not ten minutes ago, after taking part in the successful assassination attempt on Aelronde Maricomorian. The mission was meant to be disguised as a rebellion from one of Aelronde's master's other servants, and Aramil was apparently under orders to kill the team that performed the hit after confirming it was successful. The team was hit with a lightning spell before any of its members could do anything, and the spell killed Nuxd instantly, apparently incapacitated the team's mephit spy, and nearly incapacitated the team wizard."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-05-27 at 10:44 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291

The three goblins hang their heads low. goblin worker one"Poor Nuxd. He was a good goblin. We is told him not to go work in the tower. We's told him. And we's was right."

Goblin worker 2"I claim his sack!"

Goblin worker 3 "Rats, I was gonna say that."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

The three goblins hang their heads low. goblin worker one"Poor Nuxd. He was a good goblin. We is told him not to go work in the tower. We's told him. And we's was right."

Goblin worker 2"I claim his sack!"

Goblin worker 3 "Rats, I was gonna say that."

"The poor guy was a big help getting me settled in... which reminds me. I'm going to be fleeing the area soon, and I don't think I have much use for the cave Nuxd found for me anymore. Or the trap I had set to keep others out of it and away from my things. The difficulty is that I can't really flee as quickly as I'd like in my current state, as I recently took a lightning bolt. So here's where I'm going with this: if you guys can arrange for me to be healed to the point where I can flee properly, I'll tell you where the cave Nuxd set me up in is so that you can salvage the trap for your own use."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-05-28 at 01:56 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293

Goblin worker 3 "A trapped cave? How about for two potions of healing? Got em right here" he holds up two hide flasks with a smile.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin worker 3 "A trapped cave? How about for two potions of healing? Got em right here" he holds up two hide flasks with a smile.

"Sure. Of course, I'd need to drink one for quality control. I offer you my word that I mean no deception, and will tell you how to find the cave as soon as I verify that the one I drink heals me."

25. - Top - End - #295

Goblin worker 3 "Ums, ok he hands over one of the hide flasks. The flask is filled with a yellow honey like substance.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin worker 3 "Ums, ok he hands over one of the hide flasks. The flask is filled with a yellow honey like substance.
    I drink the potion and verify whether or not it works.

27. - Top - End - #297

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(1d8+5)[7]

Heals seven points of damage

Drinking the potion heals a good number of the lightning burns...
    Last edited by Darth Ultron; 2016-05-30 at 08:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

[roll0]

Heals seven points of damage

Drinking the potion heals a good number of the lightning burns...
    Hissra sighs with relief and pulls his robe's sleeve off his arm to watch a feathering line vanish."Oh yeah, that helped."

"Now for my end of the bargain."
    Hissra waves towards the caves Foppo and Nuxd took him to with his arm. "I'd take you to the cave myself, but I really am worried that staying here longer than I already have might be bad for my life. So... I was sleeping in a cave over there, as an alternative to sleeping in the orc barracks, which were a bit sunken into the mud. Xsoden Foultrap could probably tell you the exact location, since he was the one who installed it, though he might want the trap back if I don't need it. If you think it'll help, you can describe me and tell him I want you three to have the trap as thanks for maybe saving my life. Otherwise, you can search for it yourself. I was in a small cave that Nuxd judged nobody else would want to share with me due to its size, and Xsoden said he was in one nearby. The trap trigger is a tripwire that releases a cascade of falling rocks. That all ought to narrow it down a bit."

"As one last favor between friends: is there a river nearby?"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-06-08 at 06:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299

Goblin worker 3 listens carefully.

"Hows about a stream? The tower runs off stream is just over them hills to the north. It only couple feet wide and deeps. We hunts rats there." He points towards some grassy hills.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin worker 3 listens carefully.

"Hows about a stream? The tower runs off stream is just over them hills to the north. It only couple feet wide and deeps. We hunts rats there." He points towards some grassy hills.
    "You mean normal rats, or the large kind that appear as the first monster a cliched hero out of a tale kills as part of his adventure?"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-05-30 at 08:40 PM.