1. - Top - End - #31

Default Re: Tales of Crimson Darkness

Foppo "well both the front door and the back door lead directly outside. "

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
    Foppo "well both the front door and the back door lead directly outside. "
    "Two doors. I can probably keep two doors watched. How big are the windows? Can she climb out through those if she realizes I'm about to drop a story on her?"

3. - Top - End - #33

Foppo "The windows are normal sized. So sure she could open one and climb out. It might be good to fill the shop with darkness or fog or such."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Foppo "The windows are normal sized. So sure she could open one and climb out. It might be good to fill the shop with darkness or fog or such."
    "Like by setting the thing on fire?"

5. - Top - End - #35

Foppo "Well, sure fire works too, i guess. Even if it is a tad mundane."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Foppo "Well, sure fire works too, i guess. Even if it is a tad mundane."
    "Good. Now let's see. Plan as I'm currently envisioning it:"

• Use my wand of Create Trap to put a few defenses on the back door to make it harder for her to come out that way
    • Send a few summoned fire elementals in through the back door looking for her. Have them scream "slaver" to draw her attention.
    • Conjure an illusory wall of fire to disincentivize escape through that door further, with the added benefit of making the traps harder to see; if she sees through my illusion she'll probably assume the door is clear and try to go through, but the traps will still be a factor and will be harder to see through the disbelieved illusion. It won't last long, so what's next needs to happen fast.
    • Move fairly quickly, though not as quickly as I can to the other side of the shop; as a being largely made of shadow I can do so quickly and with a decent chance of not being seen.
      Spoiler: OOC Explanation
      Show
      The Dark Template comes with Hide In Plain Sight and +10 to movement. I also used the fact that I have those as racial features to justify taking the region feat Swift and Silent, which lets me move at full speed while stealthing.
    • What happens next depends on what's going on when I get to the front entrance. If she's outside the shop and running, I've probably failed. But I don't think that's how it's going to go. I'm not going to be able to spare more magic than is required to summon a couple of weakling creatures that most wizards wouldn't stoop to fleeing from. Now, if she hasn't disposed of them by the time I get to the door, I use my wand to conjure a few traps to seal this door too. Then, I send a fireball at the roof directly above the target's head. Or, if my distractions are dismissed, I skip the traps and just shoot the fireball.
    • If the fireball collapses the roof, skip to next step. Otherwise, put another one into the ceiling above her head.
    • Pretend to flee the scene, and then double back to make sure nobody recovers her from the rubble (alive, anyway) and she doesn't get out on her own.

"Now, there's a good bit that can go wrong here, and as I've stated it's not impossible that she might escape. My plan for that is to follow her back to her patron's place and get a look at the fortifications for a second attempt on her life (maybe though probably not immediately after we arrive,) as well as making sure she doesn't flee to some other bolthole to throw off pursuit. If you're reporting my plans to our master, do be sure to report that there is a Plan B. I'd like it if he knew he had a reason not to go all 'You Have Failed Me For The Only Time' and use me as an example for the next creature he Calls from another Plane."

"And it's a good thing I don't have to do this today, as I do not have the right spells memorized."

Edit: "Oh, relevant question that only just now came to mind: does she have any access to teleportation?"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-01-31 at 04:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Foppo "She does not have teleporting

And maybe skip the moving across the store? Just leave her trapped between the elementals and you?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Foppo "She does not have teleporting

And maybe skip the moving across the store? Just leave her trapped between the elementals and you?"
    "Can I do that without going into the store? I am planning on collapsing its roof."

"Oh, uh, how big is the store? I can do eighty feet in the time it'll take my illusory wall of fire to fade. Is that enough to get me around the store?"

9. - Top - End - #39

Foppo"It's not that big. Like 30 steps front to back. 20 for the store front, and 10 the back room."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Foppo"It's not that big. Like 30 steps front to back. 20 for the store front, and 10 the back room."
    "... it sounds like 80 feet is enough to get me through the store. I guess I will have to go through it... or else just cast the trap spell at the front of the shop, circle around the back, and then do most of the original plan before firing the fireball into the roof from the back of the shop. In which case there's not much need for the wall of fire."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-03 at 01:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Foppo shrugs, "It's your plan. It's not a my plan. My plan would have more of me ripping flesh with my claws and drinking blood. But that is just me." as he smiles.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Foppo shrugs, "It's your plan. It's not a my plan. My plan would have more of me ripping flesh with my claws and drinking blood. But that is just me." as he smiles.
    "Blood isn't to my taste, and I don't have claws. Although actually... if I don't do the wall of fire illusion, and just go with the rest of the original plan, I think I have enough time to set the traps, summon some fire elementals, and book it to the entrance and try to set off a fireball before she leaves. Uh, one major assumption I've been making is that the back of the shop is a bit out of the way and I won't be interrupted there. Was that a good assumption?"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-03 at 08:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Foppo "The back door leads to an alley. Might be some people there, but not like anyone to stop you. Her shop's back door is most likely locked. But your a wizard, so you can open a locked door with magic, right?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Foppo "The back door leads to an alley. Might be some people there, but not like anyone to stop you. Her shop's back door is most likely locked. But your a wizard, so you can open a locked door with magic, right?"
    "I can open it the hard way, too, if it's not a very good lock. Given enough time I can probably even pick an okay lock without magic."

15. - Top - End - #45

Foppo "So you ready? Guess we just hope she goes shopping soon. Then you act. You can hang around here, or anywhere. I'll head out tomorrow at sunrise and see if she goes out."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Foppo "So you ready? Guess we just hope she goes shopping soon. Then you act. You can hang around here, or anywhere. I'll head out tomorrow at sunrise and see if she goes out."
    "Where else but here? What does the master serve his... I suppose I'm a slave, aren't I? Do important slaves get decent food?"

17. - Top - End - #47

Foppo "You are what you are. Do you need to eat? What kinda food do you want? There is plenty of food in the kitchen. Or we could go hunt if you'd like.

The goblin walks over with a smile on it's face and holds up a bag of figs "Food"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Foppo "You are what you are. Do you need to eat? What kinda food do you want? There is plenty of food in the kitchen. Or we could go hunt if you'd like.

The goblin walks over with a smile on it's face and holds up a bag of figs "Food"
    He tries one, finishes it, and takes three more. "It's good. What else do you have? It's probably not the best move to make a meal out of one kind of food."

19. - Top - End - #49

The goblin pulls out another pouch and holds it up. Inside you can see small dried and salted strips of meat.

Foppo just looks around aimlessly

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin pulls out another pouch and holds it up. Inside you can see small dried and salted strips of meat.

Foppo just looks around aimlessly
    "This'll do for food, thanks. What sorts of beverages do we have here? Ideally non-alcoholic, since I'm given to understand drunk wizards aren't very fun to have around."

He is addressing this to the goblin.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-08 at 02:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

The goblin nods and leaves by the side door. A couple minutes later he comes back with three flasks. "Juice. Apple juice, tomato juice and bug juice."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin nods and leaves by the side door. A couple minutes later he comes back with three flasks. "Juice. Apple juice, tomato juice and bug juice."
    Hissra takes the apple juice. "Do I drink it straight from the flask, or are there glasses here?"

23. - Top - End - #53

Goblin "A glasses? Like for seeing? You can't see the flask? You have weak eyes? Humm, maybe I can find some glasses.

I'm Nuxd Boneeater, if you need to call me something other then goblin."

Foppo laughs, "Goblin humor at it's best"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin "A glasses? Like for seeing? You can't see the flask? You have weak eyes? Humm, maybe I can find some glasses.

I'm Nuxd Boneeater, if you need to call me something other then goblin."

Foppo laughs, "Goblin humor at it's best"
    "Ha ha ha." The apple juice in the flask vanishes.

How much was in the flask that Hissra emptied?
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-11 at 04:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Nuxd Boneeater "Good Juice"

From somewhere below, a loud ''boom'' echos.

Spoiler: Flask
    Show
    The flask holds a litter of liquid

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Nuxd Boneeater "Good Juice"

From somewhere below, a loud ''boom'' echos.

Spoiler: Flask
    Show
    The flask holds a litter of liquid
    Hissra hands the empty flask back to Nuxd. "Maybe drinking all that in one go wasn't wise."

*BOOM*

"... I'm going to guess that that wasn't a good sign?"

27. - Top - End - #57

Foppo "Well, it could be nothing...."

Nuxd Boneeater "Great Gobbly Wobbily! We are all gonna die!"

The door slams open and a red scaled reptilian like humanoid in black metal armor with a large sword enters the room. With a wide swing he beheads the surprised half orc by the door, and continues the swing to behead the second orc. Then he looks over to the group of three and shows a fang filled mouth and moves forward.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

For Round 1

(1d20+2)[7]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Was that the intruder's initiative, or mine?

29. - Top - End - #59

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

That was for the intruder.

If you need a roll: (1d20+2)[10]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Since I apparently go first, I cast Sticky Floor as a standard action. The intruder is stuck in his square unless he passes a DC 15 Reflex save. If he gets stuck (and he probably will, since I doubt he has a good Reflex save) he can make a standard action to get out but needs to make a DC 15 Strength Check.

Can I move backwards on the same turn in which I do that?
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2016-02-14 at 08:05 PM.