New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 63

1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 63

Skyway- Crystal Gardens Park

"Glad to hear. If I may ask, are those circuits referring to your suit or yourself? I have to log all the new arrivals, you see. Gotta make sure they aren't demons planning on taking over the place or something stupid." He gives a good-natured sigh. "All too common, Ma'am. Gives me lots of paperwork to write. If you need anything, let me know. I know the whole city about as well as one can, and I can always direct you to a Union station if you'd like to apply for citizenship or look for jobs that are hiring." he offers.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Skyway - Crystal Gardens Park]

"They're, uh, in my body. Just...peripheral stuff, nothing serious." She looks around again. "My name is Electra. I think I'll take you up on your offer, sir. I need to get familiar with this place, and I should probably register for citizenship and see if I can find a job. I don't think I'm going to be able to leave anytime soon...and I left my credstick at the base before the mission today." Electra winces at that last as she remembers out loud, then offers a nervous smile.

Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

3. - Top - End - #303

[Skyway - Speak of the Devil]

But does anyone look up?

Two stunted little creatures flutter through the air on wings too small for their potbellied bodies. Creatures much like misshapen dolls, with big blank eyes and chubby-cheeked, curly-haired faces all knitted up into red and ugly effort as they lug a great cast iron kettle between them. Little raindrops pitter and patter onto the streets below, black tarry raindrops that cling to the hair of alleydogs and passersby.

"There's one!" "Willit do?" "Anyone'll do unless you want to carry this all day!"

There is a silent nod of agreement, and a shared gasp of relief as the cauldron drops. Down below, and oh, pray someone's looking up, Nick and the strange electric lady will have a second to get away before the kettle *thwomps* into a crater in the ground between them. Tarry black gloop sprays in all directions. It's an evil old thing, rusty and dark, the surface carved with scowling and screaming faces. The darkness inside begins to boil, the awful muck bubbling up and belching an awful, chemical, rubbery scent into the fresh air of the park.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2016-02-25 at 02:45 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #304

NinjaGuy

Electra's nervous smile fades as she notices drops of glop seemingly advancing towards the friendly griffin from behind. She glances upwards just in time to see the cauldron drop, and instincts honed from years as a soldier take over.

"Incoming!!" She leaps forward with great speed and force, attempting to grab the heavy harness of the griffin's rifle and pull him out of the way of the cauldron as she passes him.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Skyway- Crystal Gardens Park

Nick is about to do something, based on his focused expression up once he hears someone exclaim about the falling object, but he's yanked away by Electra with a yelp of surprise. He's left coughing a bit before he can get back on his feet and yell up at the impish things.
    "That's public endangerment! Get down here before I come up there myself!" he yells at them.
    ((btw Nova, it's generally courtesy to wait until everyone else has posted in a scene before going again. I apologize for my slowness but the last day or so has been fairly busy.))

6. - Top - End - #306
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Parking Garage

Naku, who had been just trying to enjoy her nightly run in peace, hears the plasma fire and blinks. Sure sounds like weapons. Naku runs off in the direction of the fire, the sound filling her with determination.

She arrives at the garage a few moments later, sprinting at the wall. She leaps at the wall, kicks off of it, and flings herself up the outside onto the second floor, where the plasma fire had been happening. At some point during her jump, her katana materialized in her hand, and she calls out to the green gorilla things.
    "Hey! What are you doing?" She asks, as two dozen shadow swords come into existence behind her. They're all perfect replicas of her own katana, just made of solidified shadow, and a dozen to either side symmetrically over her shoulders. Her own blade is held low, tip just off the ground, as she faces the gorilla-things.
    The creatures spare Naku a few glances, shifting their weapons between her and the woman currently hiding behind a car. One of them makes a gesture to the weird sword-carrying human and lets out a few grunts. Two of them shift their plasma fire over to Naku while the rest keep on the fugitive.

Before Naku has a chance to attack, another bolt of weapons fire streaks past her - this one red opposed to the patrol's plasma. One of the monsters drops to the ground, one of its beady eyes burnt out. If Naku followed the bolt back to its source, she'd see the woman being pursued, hyperventilating while shifting her aim to another one of the creatures.

7. - Top - End - #307

A tarry tendril snaps out from the cauldron, swiping at the griffon while he's still recovering from being shoved aside. The stuff is worse than pitch, clinging viciously, or, is that viscously? Above, the imps display their hindquarters and flutter off.

And whether or not it manages to grab hold of Nick, the gloopish hand braces to haul more of itself out of the pot. A face surface from the surface of the muck, a face with glowing red eyes and dripping features, a monstrous chasm of a mouth bridged by strands of tar.

8. - Top - End - #308

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    The creatures spare Naku a few glances, shifting their weapons between her and the woman currently hiding behind a car. One of them makes a gesture to the weird sword-carrying human and lets out a few grunts. Two of them shift their plasma fire over to Naku while the rest keep on the fugitive.

Before Naku has a chance to attack, another bolt of weapons fire streaks past her - this one red opposed to the patrol's plasma. One of the monsters drops to the ground, one of its beady eyes burnt out. If Naku followed the bolt back to its source, she'd see the woman being pursued, hyperventilating while shifting her aim to another one of the creatures.
    Naku, seemingly in the same moment the plasma shots are lobbed her way just seems to hum slightly, and appears a few feet to the left, neatly avoiding one of the shots before it ever gets close to hitting her.
    The second shot gets intercepted by the flat of one of her shadow katanas. The blade absorbs the shot, crushing the light out of the beam as it flies through the infinite dark of the inside of the blade.

"Was a really good shot." Naku comments as the new pirated creature falls. Then she looks up from the body of the dead creature, and her eyes begin to glow a threatening red. She makes eye contact with one of the two -- or the only one left, if that was who the woman had killed -- creatures that is targeting her, and the half dozen swords from her left appear around it along a flat plane, spinning around the creature horizontally. If it can jump, he could maybe get over what's about to happen to him. Otherwise, he's going to have a bad time.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

9. - Top - End - #309

NinjaGuy

Electra lights easily, releasing the griffin's harness as he starts coughing, and whirls, just in time to see the tendril lash out. She manages to shift the remains of her momentum from her turn into a step back, narrowly avoiding being hit by the disgusting appendage, but doesn't have enough time to try and pull the griffin out of the way once more. She wrinkles her nose at the stench as flecks of black, tarry ichor splatter against her breastplate, broken free from the tendril's momentum as it passes. Her eyes grow wide as the face surfaces over the edge of the pot, her face twisting into a knot of disgust at the creature's features.

"What the HELL is that thing?!"

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Skyway

Nick pumps his wings to escape the swipe, his gun swinging over to level at the creature as his mask unfolds over his face once more.
    "It's slag is what it is!" he yells, as the railgun roars.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Carousel Court - Anonymous and Tidy]

Nothing and nothing. Arlem looks through the cottage slowly and deliberately. Is there any indication that anyone even lived here? Perhaps a hair of spider-fur, lying in a corner somewhere? Yes, the dragon king was here, but long ago, and it's still ringing from the fight and his vile spells. It will probably stay this noisy for a good while.
    It doesn't seem likely, but then... indeed: a hair! In fact, a clump of them, off in a corner of a back bedroom. White and soft and not entirely material... and not at all mammalian.

But more... an echo. A dark, psionic echo, and the residue of a strain in the fabric of space-time.

12. - Top - End - #312

The cauldron spills over as the magnetically accelerated shot slams through rusted, cheap metal, spilling its guts onto the grassy earth of the park. The creature shudders, wobbling in a way that could spoil a person's appetite for jello once and for all as it takes form, the tarry liquid defying gravity to twist upwards into a column of ropy tendrils that weave and melt into each other.

Its humanoid. More or less. Shiny-skinned, the outer surface going still and hard, a jovial grin stuck on its face, wobbling forward on stumpy legs. One arm is missing at the elbow, 'blood' dripping away - the limb left stuck to the ground where Nick took flight. With only the warning of a sudden little tremble, that fragment bursts into a blooming spray of a thin little tendrils, unfolding out and then shooting in towards Electra.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Bubbled Hive]

"Our place in this universe, our goals, your calling."
    The area Sarah is looking around is cozy. Claustrophobic, perhaps. Not terribly large, is the point. Behind her are a pair of rounded cocoon not completely unlike what she came out of, the demons within still taking on their new shape. A cluster of tubes and teeth and tentacles protrudes from the nearest wall - a living structure that's the heart of this place. Sarah should simply know that it's meant to be bigger, and has no room to grow. The minuscule cleaning-demons slither all around, breaking down the empty chrysalis. On the far side of the chamber is a faintly glowing pool of liquid demonic energy, with a few sleeping scout demons on its edge.

"Your talent revolves around remaining hidden, safe. To pass unseen is a great advantage. You should gather other humans like yourself."
    The queen shifts on her six legs to face Sarah.
    "There are many dangers. Many intelligent beings will not wish to be perfected. There are others gives of us, but foreign, with mad ideas on what we ought to be. There are monsters that possess the same spiritual energy that transformed us, but without pure essence."

Sarah nods and chitters, "Of course, my queen. The Hive needs to grow. I promise you, my queen, that you will not be disappointed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [MagMart #621 Parking Lot]

Drak snorts, utterly unimpressed by Serra's counter-threat, but already the mixed rumble and whine of a large turbocharged diesel engine can be heard rapidly approaching.

As entertaining as exchanging unpleasantries is, time has run out!

He shifts abruptly into a mangy and wretched-looking fox, and darts off at an astonishing pace.
    Serra frowns as her ears pick up the approaching trucks and she glares in their direction, then with a poof turns into a bat and flies up and after the fox, trying to trail him from above.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Arkham Street]

It takes a little while. Probably an hour or so of pensive silence and any queries of 'did you find her yet?' answered in the negative. But eventually, one of the little pixie drakes gives his wings a buzz.

"I found her! I think. She looks like she's in a pretty bad way, though. And scratched up," Drake says as the members of his little swarm begin darting off to the north before zipping back over to the gal looking for her friend. "She's over in Dunwich Park. And it looks like she's been wandering in circles. Do you want me to lead you to her?"

That's a silly question, Drake.

That's why she asked for your help to begin with.

"Okay, yeah, dumb question. Follow me! I'll make sure you don't lose sight of me."

And with that?

Off the little swarm goes.
    Elaine (For that is the name of the friend of the girl), nods to Drake and says, "Alright. I've gotta find her. If I don't...Well...I've gotta find her," as she takes off after the little drake.

14. - Top - End - #314

NinjaGuy

Electra leaps back and left as the leftover limb explodes, her arms flashing up into a cross-block. She manages to miss most of the tendrils, but one of them manages to catch and wrap around her outstretched leg just as she fires her EAS, extending a long anchor to the ground. The thruster nozzles on her back and boots roar, pulling the appendage taut, and her leg armor begins to creak with the strain. Arms blurring once more, she draws her pistols, their barrels extending once more. She fires five rapid shots at the point where the tendil meets the ground, hoping the shots, or their subsequent small explosions, will sever the tether.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2016-02-28 at 08:40 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

[A Bad Side of Town]

"What was the point of this again!? What'd that bastard mean, it'll sort itself out!?"

The shouting protests go unheard through the sound of gunfire blazing. A woman, humanoid but difficult to tell beyond that, stands in the middle of an alleyway, two luminescent, transparent white hardlight barriers shielding her from six attackers, mostly human with one oddly unassuming runt of an orc, three to a side, with assorted small arms, mostly automatic pistols, with a couple shotguns thrown in for good measure. The attackers wear patchwork outfits and improvised armor, while their target looks more like she's someone who doesn't want to bring attention to herself, with dull, concealing gray and black clothes, including a heavy coat with its hood up.

"Hold up, stop wasting ammo! Those won't stay up forever."

The gunfire quiets as the apparent leader of the gangers, the orc points out the problem with that strategy. Of course, it's entirely likely that the noise already drew attention.

((Open scene.))
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

16. - Top - End - #316
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    It doesn't seem likely, but then... indeed: a hair! In fact, a clump of them, off in a corner of a back bedroom. White and soft and not entirely material... and not at all mammalian.

But more... an echo. A dark, psionic echo, and the residue of a strain in the fabric of space-time.
    Arlem scoops up the hairs with a smile. First, they're soft and fluffy. They just have to cheer you up. And it's proof that she got this far - even if something happened after that. But most importantly, it's great for tracking someone down, physically or magically. A deep breath-
    -but what else was here? The shapechanger first pays attention to the mental echo (a strain in space-time alone might just go unnoticed), examining it, figuratively looking it over. Was this intentional? Just feelings left on the walls by nearby events?

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Sarah nods and chitters, "Of course, my queen. The Hive needs to grow. I promise you, my queen, that you will not be disappointed."
    A mental map is sent Sarah's way - an offer. The information is there, not pressed onto her awareness, but waiting for her to examine.
    "Excellent. You should know the way around our home. Go!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #317
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Park of Seasons]

"I meant past things." Zefir corrects himself. It's just like he has missed a word while talking. "Either way, if he is here or not shouldn't matter, unless the reason I'm here is different from what you told me. So what is it you wanted me here."

"Well, straith to the point it is." the purple robed figure says.
    "We warned you antler man." The gnome adds. "Just saying."

"You don't really know us and that's not really a suprise. after all we never met in our homeworld. Still we know much about you, since you have made yourself a name back home. Not really in a pleasent way. You where known as an assasin back then and to make things quick, we would like you to continue that work, but this time your going to work for us."

"What if I refuse your 'kind' request?"

"In that case, we might need to make sure you can't work for the other side ever again." the purple robed man says.

The other mages start moving slowly to surround Adir and Zefir, while he is thinking about an answer. He looks at Adir, not sure if he is still with him.
    Well this turned sour quick.

The mages move slow. Adir is anything but. As Zefir turns to look, Adir is grabbing him by the arm and trying to haul the other fellow backwards. Out of the encroaching circle of mages. If there's anything he's ever learned, it's not to get surrounded. The stag is quite strong.

The stag has already drawn his small pistol by now. The tiny semi-auto is aimed skyward... if only for the moment. "You all need to stop trying to get behind us. First person I hear mumbling voodoo gets a bullet in the throat," he threatens, very calmly.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Skyway

Nick interposes himself between the storm of tar and Electra, his mask opening up just enough to reveal his beak as he lets out a roar, sending a wave of force out to intercept all the flying tarry projectiles.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah nods to the queen and chitters, "Yes, my queen." She starts heading towards the exit to the surface, mentally examining the map she had received to figure out where she is supposed to go.

20. - Top - End - #320

[Skyside - The Crystal Gardens Park]

Even before she can draw a bead on the tendril clinging to her leg, a dozen more are reaching for Electra. The initial burst of tarry threads rebounds from the pavement, stretching itself up from a dozen new anchoring points, teasing itself out thin as lines of spidersilk to reach those last few feet towards their chosen prey.

And then Nick roars. Thin and overstretched, the tendrils shatter and fly back in tatters.

It's a very good trick for defending the girl. It's not so good for his own hide. The golem's hand goes flying forward, its great belly thinning out to feed more and more behind the giant tentacle rocketing out to grasp Nick by the neck. Right in the moment the roar ends, right in the moment he's thrown himself in its way, aimed just so.

21. - Top - End - #321

NinjaGuy

[Skyway - The Crystal Gardens Park]

Electra fires as Nick roars, the combined force snapping the tendril holding her leg. The unexpected grab, followed by the sudden release of tension alters her intended path, as her EAS, still firing, sends her spiraling away from the creature. She manages to twist and somersault mid-air as her thrusters die out, recovering enough control to land heavily on her feet. Her momentum carries through the landing, making her slide backwards several feet, almost 100 yards away from the creature and Nick, and narrowly avoiding slamming into a tree in the process. Her landing has placed her weapons out of the line of fire to help Nick fend off the monster's reaching hand, though she swings them up as she rises from her landing position.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2016-02-28 at 05:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Skyway- The Crystal Gardens Park

Nick counters the attack by simply shooting it. His throat and his HUD-connected firearm aren't linked after all, and the monster is a fool to think he can't prepare another attack while executing another. And so another magnetically propelled round screams ahead to destroy the limb.

23. - Top - End - #323

Neither does disconnecting the hand especially stop the choking. It only sends the mass of the tendril slithering back, while the hands spreads across Nick's neck, slowly constricting down around his windpipe. A few decapitated topiary creatures, a ruined flower garden, a pond full of sincerely disturbed frogs and a tree away, Electra may find herself with a similar problem; The small fragment of the creature that splattered her before trying to slither up her back and over her eyes.

The golem lurches into motion, tendrils unfolding to link it to the battered cauldron left on the roadside as it advances on Nick. Like a hydra, the one broken arm becomes many, each sprouting a miniature hand of four fingers. They go for his wing, trying to grab hold, keep him from flight. The thing is still grinning, always grinning.

24. - Top - End - #324

Parking Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku, seemingly in the same moment the plasma shots are lobbed her way just seems to hum slightly, and appears a few feet to the left, neatly avoiding one of the shots before it ever gets close to hitting her.
    The second shot gets intercepted by the flat of one of her shadow katanas. The blade absorbs the shot, crushing the light out of the beam as it flies through the infinite dark of the inside of the blade.

"Was a really good shot." Naku comments as the new pirated creature falls. Then she looks up from the body of the dead creature, and her eyes begin to glow a threatening red. She makes eye contact with one of the two -- or the only one left, if that was who the woman had killed -- creatures that is targeting her, and the half dozen swords from her left appear around it along a flat plane, spinning around the creature horizontally. If it can jump, he could maybe get over what's about to happen to him. Otherwise, he's going to have a bad time.
    The creature Naku made eye contact barely even notices the swords spinning around it. It's too focused on pulling a grenade from one of the pouches on its armor - surely this human can't dodge an explosion. But instead of throwing it, it drops the grenade as the summoned swords plunge into it. It gurgles a few moments before the plasma grenade detonates, leaving only about two-thirds of a body.

Meanwhile, the woman tries to get control of her breathing as she fires another three shots from her pistol, each aimed at a different creature. Each shot takes out another one, with the same precision as the first. But when she sees the swords all around that other woman and the glowing eyes and she loses her nerve, dashing behind a truck. "What the hell is going on?" she mutters.

25. - Top - End - #325

NinjaGuy

Electra feels something slither up her back as she brings her guns up to face the creature. A second later, her optics go dark as the pieces of the creature flow over her eyes. She freezes for a moment, and takes a deep breath, rerouting her optics through her targeting links.

Haven't had to do -this- in awhile, she thinks with a scowl, trying not to focus on the stench of this crap on her face. Hope I'm not too rusty...

A moment later, optical data from her guns' sensors floods her field of vision. Her aim moves slowly, as trying to see through an eyeball on your hand is different than seeing through one on your face. She starts walking slowly, moving slightly to the side, sweeping the weapon in her left hand slowly back and forth and pointed somewhat downwards, while the other remains trained on the creature's head. Something seems to catch her attention as both she and the creature move, and she swings her right weapon down slowly, before firing several shots at the cauldron laying next to the road.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Skyway- Crystal Gardens

It's rather difficult to choke someone who's wearing power-armor. At least, it's difficult to do so quickly. Nick has enough time to get one good breath in and try to blast at the sticky stuff with another magical roar, blasting it into the pavement.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [A Bad Side of Town]

"What was the point of this again!? What'd that bastard mean, it'll sort itself out!?"

The shouting protests go unheard through the sound of gunfire blazing. A woman, humanoid but difficult to tell beyond that, stands in the middle of an alleyway, two luminescent, transparent white hardlight barriers shielding her from six attackers, mostly human with one oddly unassuming runt of an orc, three to a side, with assorted small arms, mostly automatic pistols, with a couple shotguns thrown in for good measure. The attackers wear patchwork outfits and improvised armor, while their target looks more like she's someone who doesn't want to bring attention to herself, with dull, concealing gray and black clothes, including a heavy coat with its hood up.

"Hold up, stop wasting ammo! Those won't stay up forever."

The gunfire quiets as the apparent leader of the gangers, the orc points out the problem with that strategy. Of course, it's entirely likely that the noise already drew attention.

((Open scene.))
    "Six to one isn't very fair odds, is it?" says a voice from... above? If any of the gangers look up, they'll see a tiefling standing on the nearby rooftop. His skin is dusky, his hair is short and black. There's a pair of curved horns on his forehead and a short goatee on his chin. He's dressed in a form-fitting leather jacket and a white shirt underneath, as well as grey pants. A long tail trails behind him and there's a sabre at his hip.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

[A Bad Side of Town]

The woman looks up in bewilderment as she hears the voice. "You know, you could've just jumped three of them while they were distracted, but I'll take it," she says, trying not to look a gift devil-man in the mouth. Even if her current plan mostly just uses him as a diversion to bolt while he's getting shot.

"This is none of your business! This one's friend shot one of ours, so we're gonna take out one of his," comes the defense of the orc down there, and if one is observant they might hear an odd distortion in his voice, some sort of unnatural echo.

"He was eating a corpse with several bullet holes in it raw!"

Apparently they stumbled across some lunatic raiders that got warped in. Even with certain law and order-oriented groups around, it's impossible to prevent them from showing up at all, even if they don't last as long as they might otherwise, particularly if they stroll into any more secure locales.

"I'm not talking to you. Now. Are you going to move on, or are we gonna have to point these at you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

[A Bad Side of Town]

The tiefling... sits down. The raiders might notice there's something under him on the rooftop - a carpet? Sure looks like one.

"Was he eating that corpse? Sounds like an important distinction to me," he says in a casual voice.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

[A Bad Side of Town]

"If you're going to help, could you do it before I lose the barriers? Look, whatever my 'friend' did, he's clearly not here now, and I didn't do anything, they said it was him themselves," the barrier-fueling frustratedly protests. "I'm not going to be some cannibal raider gang's damn retribution kill!"

"No, do we look like madmen to you? We're just sending a message." The orc is ignoring her, of course.

"Look, I can show you where the bodies are, he didn't disintegrate them. Just help get rid of these guys."

"If you want to get shot."

"Really missing that laser rifle right now."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links: