New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 63

1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 63

[Bubbled Law Office]

Once inside, the woman waves to the receptionist and says, "Hey Linda. How's it going?" The receptionist smiles and says, "Hey there Sarah. Same as always. You going up?"

Sarah smiles and says, "Probably. I think I've got a client in today. See you around." With that, she begins walking towards the elevator. Oddly, the people around in the building can see her, and will occasionally wave, but if the demon remains in the bubble, people will just step around him, not noticing the little guy at all. Perhaps the psionic field doesn't work if someone knows Sarah's name?
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2016-02-07 at 12:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Bubbled Law Office]

The demon's continued unnoticeablity would seem to rule out the idea that there was some special interaction between the bubble and this building. Or perhaps people who are already aware of her can penetrate the field It's just that she must establish such contact indirectly.

Either way, the demon was never assigned a name. Such things are for greater demons and tools that have proven especially useful.

It follows, staying inside the bubble. Once inside the elevator the little critter impulsively starts to push every button it can reach.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubbled Law Office]

When the woman notices what the demon is doing, she takes a tone very much like one with use with a dog and says, "No. Stop that." If it continues, she'll give it's hands a light tap in an attempt to get it to stop the elevator button pressing.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2016-02-07 at 12:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214

[Bubbled Law Elevator]

The demon is chided and stops after having pressed only 7, 6, 2, open door, and close door.
    It whines and brings its hands back down to rest over its wing cases.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Park of Seasons]

"Listen, C4, man, or whatever your name is..."
    Adir says, holding his hands out to either side. "I'm here. If you want backup. With whatever you're gonna do. If there's fighting, there's fighting, if there's talking, well... I'll be your insurance. Let's say insurance."
    [Park of Seasons]

Zefir sights.
    "I guess your not just leaving and let me handle it?" he looks at him "No?" he guess as his answer.
    "At least do you have any weapon here if it comes down to it? they are mages after all and I can just assume what they got in their backhhand"

To be true, he got a really good knowledge what they can. The runes on their robes are a very obviouse fact. He just don't really want to give Adir the idea that a fight against them wouldn't be the first time for Zefir.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Street
    ((Open scene))

It's not actually the city's main street. It's just called that. Fairly normal as far as things go.

No, ignore the squirrel football team, this isn't about them, it's a normal street!

So, things are fairly normal, when there begins a high-pitched whine. It grows louder, and louder, likely becoming painful. And then, someone appears in mid-air in a sickening white glow and falls to the pavement. She lands roughly on her back, wearing a black trench coat of some sort. She's mostly bald, shaved so, with a single tight braid on the top and back of her head. She groans, and shifts a bit, looking around blearily.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubbled Law Elevator->Bubbled Office]

Sarah smiles and rubs the demon's head as it stops, then presses the five button, and after only a short wait on the second floor, she steps out and walks to her office, and sits down at her computer, looking at case files, but occasionally giving the demon a glance to make sure it isn't making trouble.

8. - Top - End - #218

[Bubbled Office]

The demon make a positive sound when it's pet. Outside the elevator, it scampers around the office, looking at everything, trying to get into her file cabinets, etc. Making a little bit of a nuisance of itself, but nothing destructive.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Street]

Ilyona, who was taking one of her morning walks, happens upon the recently-teleported lady on her backside, looking around blearily.

"Ooh! That must have huwt! Aw you alwight?" The creepy-looking cyborg with the sewn-together features, the 4 arms, the spotless labcoat and the thick cord for a neck stretches both her left arms out in order to help the girl.

Should her help be accepted, the girl will find herself being yanked upright in short order.‎

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubbled Office]

As long as the demon remains undestructive, Sarah lets it explore, though she gives it a look as it gets close to the filing cabinet, trying to discourage it from messing with that. However, in general, she lets it explore, until there's a knock at her office door. She sighs, looking somewhat annoyed, but says, "Come in! The door's open!" hoping the demon is clever enough to get into the bubble if it isn't at the time.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2016-02-07 at 10:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

[Bubbled Office]

After investigating the office to its satisfaction, the demon curls up under her desk. That should keep it safely in the bubble, right?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Street

The woman lets herself get picked up. She's a bit short and a bit thin, and now the cyborg can see that she has odd fire tattoos on her hands.

"Uh... well, I'm not dead. I'm pretty sure this isn't what being dead feels like." she looks around a bit. "How did I get here?"

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Street]

Ilyona blinks her one organic eye. "No, yaw life signs appeaw nowmal indeed." She lets go once the lady is upright, though the fire tattoos do catch her attention.

"Well, thew was a bwight light, and then you appeawed! What happened?" She glances at the tattoos. "And why do you paint yaw beautifew body? The body should be kept puwe. Best faw study, expewimentation and augmentation." She replies in her overly-innocent-sounding voice. "Unless... it is a souwce of powaw?"‎

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Street

"Bit late on the purity here," She says with a smile, "Experimentation has already come and run a gauntlet or two. And don't knock my ink; I respect people that want to keep clean but I like to keep my story in my own way."

She looks around. "As for what happened... last I knew it wasn't possible to travel through hyperspace without a ship? What planet am I on?"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Street]

"-Subject experimented on as well? Must investigate.-" Ilyona's voice suddenly went monotonic, robotic and analytical. "What happened? I can't see the stowy!" Back to the cutesy voice as she peers at the tattoos. Peeeeeeers.

The multi-armed doctor shrugs, the movement causing her head to bob about her neck. "You aw... hmmm... locals call this pwace the Nexus! It seems to be a amalgamation of many wawlds and pwanes!" She explains. "What is the last thing you wemembaw?"‎

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Street

"Uh, some crazy person was trying to kill me with an ancient superweapon. Is your vocabulator damaged?" Nimaah asks, buy this point a tad confused.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubbled Office]

Under the desk is inside the bubble, and no sooner than the demon curls up, a large, obese man bursts into the office. He shakes a finger at Sarah and shouts, "Alright, missy! You listen here! Since you're the idiot my friend Mr. Cox assigned to represent me, you'll do your damn job well! I don't want any more bull**** about damning evidence, or how the jury hates people like me, you will get me off the hook! Or else!"

Sarah sighs and says, voice dripping with hatred, "One of the beauties of the adversarial system of justice is that, beyond a certain point, it's out of my hands. You disgust me, sir, but I will argue your case as best I can as that's what I get paid for. But once I do, it's out of my hands. So as your attorney, I suggest that you stay out of the public light and stop making idiotic statements. Now goodbye."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Street]

"Ah, a supa-weapon! That should be fun to expewiment and tinkaw with."

Ilyona tilts her head to one side, or at least attempts to, which results in her head bobbing from side to side like some car dashboard doll. "Nope! Why would you think that? My anawysis voice simpwy comes on wandomly." She smiles - or at least one half of her face does.‎

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Street

"Your voice sounds a little... loose." That's a way to put it. "Anyway, how do I get..." she stops, thinking for a minute.

"Wait, an amalgamation of many worlds and... planes? What? Was it made by some mad Sith or something?"

20. - Top - End - #230

[Bubbled Office]

A demon bursts out from under the desk and growls.
    It's the same demon. No worries - it's not duplicating.

But people sound angry and...well, does it need another reason?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Street]

"Thank youuu!" The cybernetically-rebuilt creepy doll woman says cheerfully, clasping two of her hands together and hopping up and down.

When the girl mentions 'Sith', Ilyona has her turn to be confused. "What is this 'Sith'? Also, I have not done adequate weseawch on the subject yet. Planaw science is not my main faw-te (forte), aftaw all!"‎

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Loch and Key

"Maybe some day I will find out." Cessie first replies before Jezebel falls silent.
    "Oh? Well, if you're sure we can always do a 'play date' of sort. Keep in mind that the whole Frescot family is staying with us right now though and there are a lot of them. Sakura have had seven children in just a little more than half a decade." Too many babies in too little time...
    Loch and Key

"The exposure would be good for them, even if the children are a little younger than my two."
    Jezebel says with a wry smile. "As for seven children, I could never imagine having such myself and I had been a literal sex fiend." The Ex-Daemon jokes. Partly.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Park of Seasons]

Zefir sights.
    "I guess your not just leaving and let me handle it?" he looks at him "No?" he guess as his answer.
    "At least do you have any weapon here if it comes down to it? they are mages after all and I can just assume what they got in their backhhand"

To be true, he got a really good knowledge what they can. The runes on their robes are a very obviouse fact. He just don't really want to give Adir the idea that a fight against them wouldn't be the first time for Zefir.
    By way of answer to the first, Adir just grins. In regards to having a weapon, Adir nods. "Always. And I've had to put up with wizards and their like before. Don't you worry about me.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-02-10 at 04:17 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Knight View Post
    [Main Street]

"Thank youuu!" The cybernetically-rebuilt creepy doll woman says cheerfully, clasping two of her hands together and hopping up and down.

When the girl mentions 'Sith', Ilyona has her turn to be confused. "What is this 'Sith'? Also, I have not done adequate weseawch on the subject yet. Planaw science is not my main faw-te (forte), aftaw all!"‎
    Main Street

"What is Sith?" the girl echoes incredulously. She closes her eyes shut tight, and rubs her face with one hand. "I guess I'm not on Dantooine anymore, natch. Well, time to figure out how this planet works." She looks back at the woman. "Does this place have a cantina?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Street]

"Twogs!" Ilyona exclaims. "Come with me, let us go to Twogs Tavewn! Then I can examine yaw wounds and tweat them." A pause. "I'm Doc Ilyona. What's yaw name?"‎

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Street

"Nimaah, and I just have a few bruises,"
    she says with a wave. "Lead on, then."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubbled Office]

The fat man leaps back and swears with an agility not reflected by his girth as the demon appears, to him out of nowhere, and points a shaking finger at Sarah, saying, "You...You witch! Mr. Cox will hear about this! You'll never work in this town again!" to which Sarah responds by sighing and saying, "I did ask you to leave. Now go, before things get worse." She does look a little nervous, hoping the demon won't maul her client, odious though he is.

28. - Top - End - #238

[Bubbled Office]

'won't maul'.
    Well, it's not often that the demon is called on to refrain from mauling something. Its two main skill are scouting and mauling.
    But that's the thought she's hoping. And it's not supposed to make a fuss.

It hisses once more and then retreats under the desk. Hopefully he's gone.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubbled Office]

The man slams the door hard enough to shake the glass window on his way out, but Sarah breaths a sigh of relief as she mutters to herself, "That could've gone a lot worse..." Then says aloud, "Alright, want to say this now. If possible, please stay hidden in my bubble. I don't need stupid people trying to burn me at the stake."

30. - Top - End - #240

[Bubbled Office]

The demon looks up to Sarah, no idea what she's saying Sounds happy.

It has to relay the sounds to a more intelligent demon, wait for it to interpret it, and receive orders it can understand. It curls up in the bubble, the better to make the effort. This is not what it was designed for! But then it hears them, it feels better, it knows what it's doing. It's very peaceful in the bubble. It wasn't designed to appreciate peace either, but it seems like it does.

The creature sits down under Sarah's chair and waits.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine