New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: OOC 49: Titles 49% Off

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    Are there any active slaver and non slaver groups in skyside? I'd like to talk over a quick plot before starting a new group.
    I just have Kelligan's group, KABAL, they aren't slavers though. The other group would be MERC, then Ashen Lillies has a couple of Skyside related groups (she created the thread after all.)

That's all I know at least.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

KABAL would work as a non slaver group but do you know of people for slavers? I think you mentioned 1 but does anyone have any more specific slaver groups?
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Earl of Purple was pretty much the only slaver dude in Skyside and he left Nexus back in May. No one else really touched it.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #754

There was also third emperor, but he left as well.So no one is actually running any slavers anymore.
    I had Dena (see my links) turn a NPC slaver to jade at one point, which is what the people in KABAL refers to as "the gorgon incident" as it supposedly caused the slavers to turn against MERC to an even greater degree. But those were all NPC's though.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-01-26 at 09:04 AM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ugh. That's a problem. Anyone willing to play as one?
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

6. - Top - End - #756

Well, I had planned on some slavers for A vigi /Arkant plot in Skyside. It never really started. Not sure if that can fit your needs.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #757
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

What do you mean?

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

8. - Top - End - #758

A Character of mine, Arkant, got a deal with Vigil. He gives them mones and they help him preventing his workers in skyside to get enslaved.
    I don't know why it didn't come out yet, but I guess I have missed to make a move their, but thats somethign else.
    For that I had planned to play some slavers and if I read it correcly your looking out for players doing that.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    For that I had planned to play some slavers and if I read it correcly your looking out for players doing that.
    Yes I am. That would work.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

@Outside Temple Assault: Does anyone know who's turn it is?
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

11. - Top - End - #761

Its Green Elf's and Morty's turn now. Don't think I can skip them.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Its Green Elf's and Morty's turn now. Don't think I can skip them.
    You actually can skip me.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

13. - Top - End - #763

You actually can skip me.
    Well, mostly it is Morty who I can't skip. He is in a scene related to the attack scene after all.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey folks, I just discovered free-form roleplaying and this forum a few days ago. I've read all (or at least most of) the basic rules, guidelines and locations already, but there's still one thing I wonder about: character death. Are there any written rules or unwritten conventions about that?

As an avid video gamer, respawn feels kind of more natural to me than permadeath. Characters live, fight, and die for our amusement, then they respawn and go off to their next adventure. More specifically, I thought about letting my characters somehow reappear a couple of weeks (in-game) after they kick the bucket. Surely long enough for the plot they were in to resolve without them.

I find it much more satisfying if my characters could just die when shot at, instead of having to find ways to let them survive every confrontation. Especially since most of them are adventure-ready, but rather bad at defending themselves.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

Generally if res's happen it's done in-character. There's potion-makers, Inari's Temple, and plenty of other places that can probably do something like that.

Of course, if you say your PC has a respawn power, than they do. That's basically how it works.

16. - Top - End - #766

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Generally if res's happen it's done in-character. There's potion-makers, Inari's Temple, and plenty of other places that can probably do something like that.

Of course, if you say your PC has a respawn power, than they do. That's basically how it works.
    Yeah, I don't think you even need to explain how your PC came back if you really want to, but other characters might be curious.
    I should mention that characters don't die that often in ffrp. Its just if you happen to run into the wrong kind of person.

That said, Inari's was a part of old-school nexus when death was a lot cheaper. I for one don't like D&D style of resurrection or curing, as it makes everything pretty easy to resolve without any lasting consequences. But that's up to each player to decide.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Halfling in the Playground

Would any Nexus-dwellers like to run a 'dungeon', or some other sort of simple adventure for me and one of Shadowcaller's PC's? I know we used to have Earl and some other folk who liked to run 'dungeon-crawls' or fun exploratory scenes for random people, I'm just curious if anyone still wants to do a similar thing.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Who is it? I've got pretty limited DM experience. Not sure how high level I can go.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Halfling in the Playground

Fettina (who will be an incompetent gadgeteer/bard?) and Dena (who is likely a very accomplished adventurer). It works perfectly, because Fettina gimps Dena to the point that she's basically low-level. :O
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #770

NinjaGuy

Hey Morty, I tried to send you a PM, but it seems your inbox is full. Can you clear it a bit, please? Thanks.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

I've made some space. I never notice when it starts filling up.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

@8BitPaladin: So, like, the ninja surrendering in MERC is nice and all, but what happened to the swarm of fireballs flying at his head?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

@Ashen Lilies: I'll edit my post. Sorry about that.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    Hey folks, I just discovered free-form roleplaying and this forum a few days ago. I've read all (or at least most of) the basic rules, guidelines and locations already, but there's still one thing I wonder about: character death. Are there any written rules or unwritten conventions about that?

As an avid video gamer, respawn feels kind of more natural to me than permadeath. Characters live, fight, and die for our amusement, then they respawn and go off to their next adventure. More specifically, I thought about letting my characters somehow reappear a couple of weeks (in-game) after they kick the bucket. Surely long enough for the plot they were in to resolve without them.

I find it much more satisfying if my characters could just die when shot at, instead of having to find ways to let them survive every confrontation. Especially since most of them are adventure-ready, but rather bad at defending themselves.
    I feel the others answered this pretty well. There's really only two three rules regarding death, and I believe two of them are written down in the rules/etc. (1) Obviously, Forum Rules, don't make it too grisly. (2) Each player does not have control over other players' characters (i.e. only you get to decide whether your character dies or not), and (3) You shouldn't put another player's character in a position where they can only logically die if they don't want that.

If your character has respawn mechanics, that's fine. Other characters in the past have had this, and it was pretty neat. I'll write how some players in the past have handled this: at least one character would reappear at designated "save points" after dying. I think there was one that would come back to life the next morning after dying. One character just had tons of clones. Some just had easy access to resurrection magic. ... and so on. Really, you could have it done any way you want.

Edit: Also I vanished. Sorry. I'm back again.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #775

Welcome back Violista

26. - Top - End - #776

Speaking of coming back and posting...

I noticed Zefir replied to my post in AMEN, 45 days ago. That's the limit for posting a response before it becomes thread necromancy? Good thing I noticed it right now, then. (Wow. I really haven't posted in that thread for two months? That's weird.)

Sorry to everyone for suddenly dropping. I would say I got extremely busy, but that doesn't explain why I didn't post after I got less-busy.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Firbolg in the Playground

Welcome back, 5th Violist.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #778

Thanks!

Actually, speaking of. Is there anybody I need to respond to? Or, in other words, somebody who I was roleplaying with but I stopped and they feel really miffed about it or wanted something particular to happen? Because I had posted so long ago that I can't remember.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2017-02-03 at 07:35 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

@Temple Assault:

So I was really confused about the turn order but I figured it out. Right now it's Shadowcaller's turn. It will then be 8bitpaladin's, then Morty, then me, then Felandria's. And Felandria, wasn't there a curse and blinding effect that went out too?

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

30. - Top - End - #780

@Temple Assault:

So I was really confused about the turn order but I figured it out. Right now it's Shadowcaller's turn. It will then be 8bitpaladin's, then Morty, then me, then Felandria's. And Felandria, wasn't there a curse and blinding effect that went out too?
    There is a curse effect, though no one seems to have been effected by it.
    That turn order seems correct though. I should be able to post soon.