New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: OOC 49: Titles 49% Off

Poke goto to Planeside. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Should I do it?
    Eeeyup! Though be advised, as from next week I'll probably post once a week until exam are over, and even after then I have a project to work on.

I proly won't post in BK for quite a while.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Knight View Post

Eeeyup! Though be advised, as from next week I'll probably post once a week until exam are over, and even after then I have a project to work on.

I proly won't post in BK for quite a while.
    Okay, then how about Deadra and the others go, have a girls (and penguin) night?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Did a short post. Sorry for delaying!

Such is life. Good luck, Flaming Knight!

Fel, I'll go edit the post in BK. Perhaps they could head to Masquerade Island, an area I run?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

I'drather it were somewhere different from Masq island.

Besides, it'll be an opportunity for the gang to know more about Deadra.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

I think I have an idea where they can go.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oy Fel. Just a quick fyi on the Vigil scene - Wenomir isn't in it. He's not in the Living Room, he's somewhere completely else having a different conversation.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Firbolg in the Playground

But he was explicitly in the living room.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #218

Huh. I guess that conversation is actually in the living room, but, at different times?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

I was assuming it was a separate scene from the others. I didn't really expect anyone to jump in.

Also, *poke* for people in the Hunting Grounds. Specifically, RyanKoopa and Kris/Adversary.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Poke Raziere in PORAS.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Poke Raziere in PORAS.
    kay, replied. the powers I'm working with here are REALLY hax, so let me know if they are getting too overpowered and such and I'm not sure of how much I can do before its too powerful or whatever. thats why I'm having trouble. particularly since it isn't supposed to be easy as your character is treating it as.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Well your characters are dealing with powers like God. Mal has faced Gods what he wants is a true honest brawl a good fair equal fight. That is why it is to easy. Gods are nothing cheats are just a weakness. Weakness he can exploit just as much as they can. However they rely on weakness so they are not equal opponents to Mal is his mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

Now did mal see where the guy went?

13. - Top - End - #223

Eh, it's not too bad yet. Alysha just started using her summons for the fight. She can take a little more.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly Kmach I love your character. And Stitch was my favorite summon.

15. - Top - End - #225

Mine too. Which is why I picked him to use first.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Can we expect him to play a ukalali?

17. - Top - End - #227

Probably. He won't be exactly the same as he was in the game.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Well either way it will be fun!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Can we expect him to play a ukalali?
    I read that as ukulele.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

I have horrible spelling. I glad I was in the right ball park.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Posted Planeside.

Exams start on monday, so my lack of daily participation will continue. Maybe even after that, because of life stuff (in a good-career and relationship advancing way this time :3).

I've recently been contemplating changing my existing vampires to be from the World Of Darkness/Vampire The Masquerade universe. Ezra could fit as a Tremere with Toreador personalities, I'm thinking Geri as some sort of Tzimisce (or however it's spelt), but the main thing on my mind has been: 'If I wanted to, how would I roleplay a Malkavian, esp in terms of speech pattern?

Thoughts? For those familiar with the world, that is.‎

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Posted Planeside.

Exams start on monday, so my lack of daily participation will continue. Maybe even after that, because of life stuff (in a good-career and relationship advancing way this time :3).

I've recently been contemplating changing my existing vampires to be from the World Of Darkness/Vampire The Masquerade universe. Ezra could fit as a Tremere with Toreador personalities, I'm thinking Geri as some sort of Tzimisce (or however it's spelt), but the main thing on my mind has been: 'If I wanted to, how would I roleplay a Malkavian, esp in terms of speech pattern?

Thoughts? For those familiar with the world, that is.‎
    I don't know much about that, Deadra and Fel are from Pathfinder/D&D.

Oh, and still waiting for the okay from Axxie and the others to start the girls (and penguins) night adventure

23. - Top - End - #233

Felandria, did you see my prior message?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Oh, and still waiting for the okay from Axxie and the others to start the girls (and penguins) night adventure
    Oh, sorry! I was the last person to post in BK, so I figured it's your turn to post now. Here's the okay

Perhaps you could go ahead and post, since the last post in BK is currently mine?
    Last edited by goto124; 2016-02-21 at 02:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Different OOC post, go!

The short version: I'm keeping Ezra around because certain peeps want him around, regardless of whether I do want him around or not. I don't.

Main reason is because he's a 'first-draft, at best'. Half-arsed purpose in the Nexus, a bit too perfect and therefore boring to play, and the fact that it feels like I'm keeping him around against my will isn't helping.

But I might have come up with a solution, and subsequently, an adventure. I want to kill Ezra off as we know him and replace him with a substitute. It is virtually impossible to tweak him after so much has been established and feel comfortable with myself.‎

Goto and Fel, here's what I've come up with: stuff happens, he goes away and gets replaced with another version of him from another world. He recognizes them, but they don't recognize him, or vice-versa. They recognizing each other could work... but his personality won't be the same... maybe they could recognize it, and he'll reply "Que? This is how I've always been." in a confused manner or something.‎

If you both have better ideas (that don't involve me keeping Ezra as he is right now), I'm all ears.‎

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Goto and Fel, here's what I've come up with: stuff happens, he goes away and gets replaced with another version of him from another world. He recognizes them, but they don't recognize him, or vice-versa. They recognizing each other could work... but his personality won't be the same... maybe they could recognize it, and he'll reply "Que? This is how I've always been." in a confused manner or something.‎‎
    I was under the impression Ezra would still keep the majority of his appearance, personality, etc.

What exactly would be changed? A lot of his backstory can be changed as you think is required, with little direct impact on interaction. Not sure on personality though... but I doubt you'll stray too far from his core personality, which is "charismatic smooth-talking ladies' man".

Could he keep his Nexus memories though? Meeting Axxie in Trog's, the oasis dungeon, Midnight Park, the little three-way in Masq, and the outing with KC in Seaside. These memories, I feel, are an important part of their relationship.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Glad you asked. Before I answer, I feel the memories are an important part of that, as well. I've been stumped trying to figure it out, which is bad timing considering I have exams. Luckily I've managed to read.

Alright. Caesar Kravitz, bi-racial vampire from the Vampire: The Requiem world. Daeva. Black jheri-curled hair, blue eyes, light brown skin.

Personality still is charming ladies man, but more focus will be on his constant battle with his inner beast. Blood drinker, can't ingest anything else, and no more of the 'metal-eater' nonsense.

Dancer and singer. I couldn't help but think of Michael Jackson, and it might influence how I play him. He shares a quirk of the Inspector from Ghost Trick, in that he dances all over the place.‎ Seriously. That inspector even dances down stairs!‎

Sunlight and fire is now fatal to him, but like all vampires, can tank a superhuman amount of damage, in part due to the Vigor discipline. Other disciplines unique to the Daeva clan are Celerity (super speed) and Majesty (Charming ability). Weapon of choice is knives, but prefers diplomacy to needless violence not because he's a diplomat, but because he doesn't like blood on his clothes.

I suppose we could work together to change certain things memory-wise to be more cohesive, like screaming in pain when under the sunlight lanterns of Rebo's inside park (instead of no effect), or Axxie needing to save him from the rhino because it caused aggravated-type damage (instead of because of blunt force trauma), KC's healing spell causing him damage (unless she knows the 'harm' spell).

Purpose in the nexus is pending, based on how his backstory goes. Maybe circumstances necessitate him travelling out for a while, or maybe a space-time accident dumps him in the nexus and he's trying to find his way back because of unfinished business?

This guy might be 2-3 centuries old, but he'll have more youthful vigor.

Edit: Backstory is not going to be the same. Ezra grew up in a ranching family. Caesar comes from a family of performing arts people.

Whaddya think, goto?‎
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-02-21 at 10:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Does his name and appearance have to change? If those change, it's hard to justify the girlfriends accepting him as their boyfriend.

I see you want to give him more weaknesses. Instead of retconning those weaknesses in, Ezra could gain them while his girlfriends (and penguin) are away. It makes it easier to keep the Nexus memories consistent.
    Last edited by goto124; 2016-02-21 at 11:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

I'm sorry, really I am, but not changing his name or his appearance makes it much less likely that I'll keep playing him down the line. I'll be forced to keep him as he is and less likely to implement any changes, and then I'll start to resent the char more than I do already, and then I'll stop playing him for real.

Also, the way I bulit 'im, it's impossible to add weaknesses I've already made sure he can't have (due to his nature) without retconning something.

I want this to work, but I can't keep playing a char that I've come to detest.‎

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Felandria, did you see my prior message?
    I did not, until just now.

It should be all squared away now, with Arlem explaining and all, now Fel is just waiting for instructions, basically.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, really I am, but not changing his name or his appearance makes it much less likely that I'll keep playing him down the line. I'll be forced to keep him as he is and less likely to implement any changes, and then I'll start to resent the char more than I do already, and then I'll stop playing him for real.

Also, the way I bulit 'im, it's impossible to add weaknesses I've already made sure he can't have (due to his nature) without retconning something.

I want this to work, but I can't keep playing a char that I've come to detest.‎
    Well. As much as it might utterly crush Deadra to lose Ezra, if there's anyone who would be comfortable with an alternate universe double, it would be her, since she is one too.