New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Serious Plots 6: Srs bsns

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Second River

Krayger's eyes swim, and he's helpless before the woman. He can barely walk straight, being led away while he babbles quietly to himself.
    Rassa pulls him off to a low sod house with a table spread out, and offers him a horn full of mead. Here, maybe this will help you feel better.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dreamland Wilds]

Isaac groans. Two hours? Lucas ran so fast that he barely had time to rest his feet and legs. But he supposes that's just what they get for being efficient.
    "Blargh. No one caught on about me when I was in the fairy town. I still don't have control over my shape, Lucas." the fetch might have to knock out Isaac like he did at the castle. It'll be at least two more hours before Isaac can shift back.

[Second River]

Krayer smiles as he shakes himself free of the confusion. He doesn't find it odd thanks to the charm, but he does find it odd that he just blacked out for a few moments.
    Well, there's only one thing to do at a time like this. Get wasted!
    Krayger takes the horn and downs it smoothly. He can only pray it makes him feel better.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Levelheaded Lyklor. Contrite Cait?]

Well, finding chalk and a lighter is no problem at all. Six objects with a shared likeness and history, now that might be a problem. Especially since Cait has no way of knowing the history of objects. There's old number plates lying around in some storage corner or the other, all of them having belonged to Dale in the past. There's a box of fishing baits, obviously used. There's a handful of hand-knitted socks in a drawer, each pair with a similar, but subtly different pattern, possibly crafted by the same person (Ari). But if the kind of magic Cait intends to use can work without much epicness, there's plenty of mass-produced objects in this house. A set of spoons for example, absolutely indistinguishable and used in Dale's kitchen for many years.

Meanwhile, two NPCs are standing outside minding their own business. Which is being angry for one of them and trying to keep calm for the other.
    "Next one. Next one! We should just drive her out of town and call in a proper exorcist!" Ari is fuming, while kneeling besides Dale and watching his heart rate and breathing. "Prancing around pretending to be one of the good guys while screwing everything and everyone up. I bet she's killed dozens already."

Lyklor tries to calm her down. "Don't be so harsh. She could've just run away and save herself from this monster. But she stayed and fought. For Dale."

"She also could have not stayed with him in the first place! How can you be so chill about all this? Just because Dale is stable now doesn't mean he can't die later! Permanent brain damage if he lives! Yeah, you better be shocked about that last part." Ari's psychic abilities may be weak, but they are enough to read Lyklor's emotions like they are painted on his forehead. But not Cait's. The doctor, who is used to people being unable to fake anything in front of her, doesn't like this immunity at all. "You know what? I don't trust her in the least. I'll call Elena to... to reshape her face."

She wants to dial the number on her cellphone, but Lyklor snatches it out of her hand. "No you won't. I do trust Cait. Let her do her thing, alright?" Ari frowns at him, but realises picking another fight is pointless. She stands up, kicks away a dead branch lying on the ground and walks into the darkness beyond the backyard. Tears of anger and grief are streaming down her face, and she wants nobody to see them.

The ambulance is a very fast vehicle, especially this late at night. It might arrive twenty minutes after Ari dispatched the emergency call. Surely enough time for Cait to find her six objects and perform the ritual?
    [Up in Smoke]

Cait isn't picky when it comes to items. She once in did this ritual with six frozen chicken nuggets. So six spoons will work rather nicely. She gathers those and a large knife the chalk and lighter and several pieces of wooden debris. She clears a small space in the living room and starts to draw a magical diagram on the wood.

Lyklor heads into the house to make sure Cait is OK and giving Ari some space. He walks into the living room and opens his mouth but before he can speak Cait cuts him off. "It's fine I understand how she feels. I wish I had seen this coming, but I didn't. Not clearly or soon enough. But now they overplayed their hand. I know how to hit them back, and I will make them pay." Not just for this but a long history of similar or worse stories. Ari had been right that this wasn't the first time people around Cait have been hurt.

Cait prepares the board by carving notches in it so the spoons can be stuck into it forming a triangle, and building a small pyre with small strips of wood whittled with the kitchen knife. Lyklor looks like he is about to say something but Cait cuts him off again. "Come on I will need both of you to help with this."

She heads back outside and moves to Dale placing a spoon in his lap. Ari rushes back seeing Cait doing something with Dale. "What are you doing?"

"I need you three to form a triangle for this ritual, it will only take a minute." Cait paces around Dale mentally measuring angles and starts walking away motioning for both to follow. They do in silence, sullen and awkward. As Ari is glaring at Cait it gives her time to notice the state of her clothes. Torn and bloody, someone wearing clothes like that should be on their deathbed.

"Why aren't you hurt? Ari says 90% accusatory 10% curious.

Cait gives a quiet sigh but doesn't lose her silent count as she answers. "I can heal myself.

"Only yourself? Why don't you heal Dale?"

"I can't. The magic I use is complicated but trying to use it on other people isn't a good idea. The source can twist and change them."

"And we are suppose to believe it hasn't twisted you?

"Believe what you want. I do what I do to fight people that create that monster." Her point somewhat lessened by the fact the body is bow mostly blown away as smoke. Maybe a tenth of it is left as a thick goop. "That used to be people, more than a dozen had to die to make that. Now I need the people who sent it to loose my trail. Which is convenient for you since it will mean you don't have to deal with any more monsters like this. So stand here and hold this spoon."

She measures some angles again and leaves Ari behind fuming leading Lyklor to his spot in the triangle. Both remain silent not sure what to say. Cait hands him his spoon and heads back in the house. There Cait completes the ritual with words, fire, blood and tears. The tears aren't necessary but she has heard they can help and they aren't hard to come by.

A slight shiver running through their spines is all the evidence that the ritual is complete Ari and Lyklor are likely to notice. The whole thing taking 15 minutes or so, leaving 5 till the ambulance shows up.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Dreamland Wilds, but not for long]

Lucas pulls a sour face at Isaac's reply. "You really need to get better at using this magic that nice elephant guy gave you," he points out. "I can't always be around to help you be human again."

And with that?

He takes a deeeeeeeep breath and-!

PUFF!

Poof a cloud of shimmering sand in Isaac's face.

Should all go as planned, Isaac will wake up with Lucas sitting atop a nearby boulder waiting for him.

"I had to convince some passing goblins not to write on your face," he informs his friend.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Dreamland Wilds

"It's not-" Clonk. Isaac is out like a light. Hopefully Lucas catches him (again).

Isaac wakes up with a groan. He goes to examine his shoes. Yep, shoes. He's still not sure why his hulk-out always turns his shoes into sandals. It must be a cultural thing.
    "Thank you. But as I was saying, it's not my fault my powers work like some sort of Hulk were-elephant thing. It took Banner years to master the identity thing in the comics. I'm going as fast as I can." insists the teenager, as he goes over to retrieve his little mallet from the bed of grass it's sitting on and stick it back in his belt.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Up in Smoke]

Cait isn't picky when it comes to items. She once in did this ritual with six frozen chicken nuggets. So six spoons will work rather nicely. She gathers those and a large knife the chalk and lighter and several pieces of wooden debris. She clears a small space in the living room and starts to draw a magical diagram on the wood.

Lyklor heads into the house to make sure Cait is OK and giving Ari some space. He walks into the living room and opens his mouth but before he can speak Cait cuts him off. "It's fine I understand how she feels. I wish I had seen this coming, but I didn't. Not clearly or soon enough. But now they overplayed their hand. I know how to hit them back, and I will make them pay." Not just for this but a long history of similar or worse stories. Ari had been right that this wasn't the first time people around Cait have been hurt.

Cait prepares the board by carving notches in it so the spoons can be stuck into it forming a triangle, and building a small pyre with small strips of wood whittled with the kitchen knife. Lyklor looks like he is about to say something but Cait cuts him off again. "Come on I will need both of you to help with this."

She heads back outside and moves to Dale placing a spoon in his lap. Ari rushes back seeing Cait doing something with Dale. "What are you doing?"

"I need you three to form a triangle for this ritual, it will only take a minute." Cait paces around Dale mentally measuring angles and starts walking away motioning for both to follow. They do in silence, sullen and awkward. As Ari is glaring at Cait it gives her time to notice the state of her clothes. Torn and bloody, someone wearing clothes like that should be on their deathbed.

"Why aren't you hurt? Ari says 90% accusatory 10% curious.

Cait gives a quiet sigh but doesn't lose her silent count as she answers. "I can heal myself.

"Only yourself? Why don't you heal Dale?"

"I can't. The magic I use is complicated but trying to use it on other people isn't a good idea. The source can twist and change them."

"And we are suppose to believe it hasn't twisted you?

"Believe what you want. I do what I do to fight people that create that monster." Her point somewhat lessened by the fact the body is bow mostly blown away as smoke. Maybe a tenth of it is left as a thick goop. "That used to be people, more than a dozen had to die to make that. Now I need the people who sent it to loose my trail. Which is convenient for you since it will mean you don't have to deal with any more monsters like this. So stand here and hold this spoon."

She measures some angles again and leaves Ari behind fuming leading Lyklor to his spot in the triangle. Both remain silent not sure what to say. Cait hands him his spoon and heads back in the house. There Cait completes the ritual with words, fire, blood and tears. The tears aren't necessary but she has heard they can help and they aren't hard to come by.

A slight shiver running through their spines is all the evidence that the ritual is complete Ari and Lyklor are likely to notice. The whole thing taking 15 minutes or so, leaving 5 till the ambulance shows up.
    [Warning: inhaling eldritch monster smoke may stain your teeth.]

After Ari is told the ritual was completed and successful, she doesn't talk much more to Cait, instead walking over to the tree against which Dale is propped up and sitting down next to him. Oh, how much she would like to chase Cait out of town right now, walk up to her and tell her in the face to get lost. But Ari is so much weaker than this outsider, and can't count on the help of Lyklor, Elena, or Dale, and would have no way to back up her angry words. Basically, the deer-woman is scared of Cait. Now she just sits there, silently staring at the swirls of smoke being emitted from what's still left of the monster.

Meanwhile, Lyklor stays with Cait. "So I guess you're gonna leave real soon? To attract no more monsters to this town." He notices her eyes looking a little... redder? Did she cry during this ritual or something? "How exactly are you planning to fight and defeat those nasty people?"

Five minutes later, the ambulance does indeed show up, a large, boxy car on four wheels. Both Ari's and Lyklor's moods brighten the instant they see, or rather hear, it coming. The ambulance drives right off the street into Dale's backyard, which is not fenced off in any way, and the back door opens automatically. The vehicle's inside space is taken up by what looks like an operating table surrounded by an enormous amount of machines, so many that there's no more room for any medical personnel. Two men get out of the driver's compartment, carefully move Dale onto the operating table, and close the doors.

Inside, a full-body scanner examines Dale from head to toe. As soon as it has passed the soles of his feet, nimble arms tipped with sonic scalpels quickly slice his skull open, exposing the brain. A dozen long needles, thinner than a human hair, stab through his brain, right into the blood accumulations, and suck them dry in a flash. Tiny amounts of synthetic tissue are injected to repair the ruptured blood vessels. Then, the needles are withdrawn and the removed part of the skull is glued in place again using more synthetic tissue. Finally, a neuron reformer agent is injected into his bloodstream before the door opens again and he is discharged. The whole process took less than 20 seconds. Some people might ask "why not use a healing potion?". Because those are without effect on magic-resistant people, and can even be directly harmful to others such as cyborgs. Also, lots of lobbying by the medical industry.

Dale has barely opened his eyes when Ari glomps him. She's almost crying again. "Thank goodness you're alright! I- we were so worried!" Dale hugs her back, mostly out of confusion over his current situation, before pushing her away after a couple of seconds. "Now, I'm feelin' a lil' confused here. What's been happenin'?" He looks over to his half-crushed house, where the last traces of monster have already evaporated. "Aw heck no."
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Dreamland Wilds]

Should Isaac check, he'll find that no one has written anything on his face.

This may be relieving.

"It's just kinda weird having to bop you on the head to trigger it. Or knock you out to turn it off," Lucas points out. "Maybe we should find a way to let you get a little more practice?"

And why wouldn't his shoes turn into saddles?

What would elephant shoes even LOOK like?

Giant round rubberized buckets?

"When you're ready, we can head toward the city. Just remember, this is a goblin city, so expect people will be trying to swindle you."

Those swindly goblins.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dreamlands]

"I don't know how to practice being an elephant! Grandmaster just said to meditate on it, which was super unhelpful." grumps Isaac, taking a few steps toward Lucas.
    "Let's just head out now, before my legs can give out."

On their way, then!

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ettin in the Playground

[Second River]

Krayer smiles as he shakes himself free of the confusion. He doesn't find it odd thanks to the charm, but he does find it odd that he just blacked out for a few moments.
    Well, there's only one thing to do at a time like this. Get wasted!
    Krayger takes the horn and downs it smoothly. He can only pray it makes him feel better.
    Rassa smiles. There is a dance tonight, would you attend with me?

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

Sod House

Krayger smiles, a little dopey as the alcohol hits his brain magically fast. He attempts to sweep her up, so he might steal a kiss and put his arms around her (and one hand winding up on square her chest. He's being gentle, but that's probably on purpose).
    "Of course, if you think that we'd look suitable for it. Will we ride there on elegant steeds? Really, I never thought I'd be so enamored with a human, but here we are. Guess that just means I understand nothin' when it comes to women." he says, chuckling.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Warning: inhaling eldritch monster smoke may stain your teeth.]

A small smile appears on Cait's face as Lyklor ask her about her plans. As if talking about taking down cultists is one of her favorite topics of conversation. The smile falters as the sirens of the ambulance can be heard in the distance. "It is easy. I get in close by convincing them I am the right kind of crazy. Then I can cause some epic havoc. Worshipping dark gods can be very dangerous, accidents can happen often and are usually deadly. And yeah I should probably head out. It's for the best."

Cait stands away from the others as the ambulence fixes Dale. Then as he is looking at his destroyed house she speaks up. "Yeah sorry about that. But to be fair your spell did most of the damage. My shield had been holding ok till then. But don't worry I will help with fixing it up."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Pixie in the Playground

[rapid redneck recovery]

"You know, I never understood why people would worship dark gods in the first place.", Lyklor muses. "Every other week there's news about this and that dark cult getting destroyed on TV. About evil gods going rogue and destroying everything, about cultists being sacrificed, about the painfully mutating into mindless abominations. Until a lone hero or some special forces squad show up and kill all the cultists. Seriously, why do people keep falling into the same trap over and over again?"

Dale still looks very confused, and not very angry at all. "Ma spell did that? Was I usin' good ol' gravity? . . . Ay, did we won?" His speech is somewhat slurred, probably a result of brain damage. Said damage will probably be fully recovered by tomorrow, if the neuron reformer agent is doing its work properly. "We won't need your help. Leave.", Ari finally finds the courage to say, glaring at Cait. "Nah, shut up, Ari. Help 's. . . helpin'. . . but if ya be stayin' in this here town, more beasties uuuuuhhhhhhhh. . . uh. . . Cait, ya be payin' me some mighty fine bucks for them damages?" Apparently, thinking is pretty difficult and slow for him at the moment. And he's not really getting upset, even though half of his house is gone.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Quieting Down]

Cait gives a little shrug to Lyklor. "You can't learn from a mistake that kills you. And it is easy to think you are smarter or better than the the others you hear a lot. And of course there are the fools taken in by con men. Used as fodder to power someone else's trip. There are plenty of greedy or scared people in any world. Here in the Nexus the supply is nearly limitless."

Cait looks down at the ground as Ari glares at her. Cait doesn't respond in any way, which boosts Ari's confidence as she continues to glare at Cait.

Cait nods to Dale. "Money won't be an issue. A day or two and I will get you enough to fix up the place. But I do have some other business I need to take care of so I won't be sticking around. Don't worry no more monsters will be following me here."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Pixie in the Playground

[so quiet, you can almost hear the scene ending]

Lyklor's features grow gloomy. "I guess that is true, sadly. Hundreds of millions of people wanting to return to their worlds, confused and scared by this strange, chaotic place. Lives are so cheap in the Nexus. I think if it wasn't for the constant influx of people form other worlds, population would decrease, simply because the birthrate is out-murdered." Says the man who owns the largest and most destructive gun collection in the whole town.

Dale smiles, but only with one half of his face. The other might be incapable of doing so at the moment. "Aaayyy, that be soundin' mighty nice of ya. I dunno what's it gonna take though, maybe... uh . . . uuuuhhhhhhh . . . lotsa bucks... An' no more beasties won't be comin', that's good." He tries to get back on his feet, with support from Ari. Not a single hint of anger visible on his face. "Can't be sleepin' in ma bedroom now with the wall and roof wrecked. Guess I'm gonna be crashin' at Ar- Lyklor's, then? A'ight, buddy?" The doctor's hostile glares are interrupted by a brief look of disappointment. The gun enthusiast is "Ok." with it. "I guess ya be scootin' real soon then, Cait?"

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ettin in the Playground

Sod House

Krayger smiles, a little dopey as the alcohol hits his brain magically fast. He attempts to sweep her up, so he might steal a kiss and put his arms around her (and one hand winding up on square her chest. He's being gentle, but that's probably on purpose).
    "Of course, if you think that we'd look suitable for it. Will we ride there on elegant steeds? Really, I never thought I'd be so enamored with a human, but here we are. Guess that just means I understand nothin' when it comes to women." he says, chuckling.
    Rassa leans in and returns the kiss, running her hand over his horns. Just a cart, love, although the ponies are sturdy.
    Shall we go?
    Indeed, a cart is waiting outside with two sturdy mountain ponies in front.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Sod House

Rassa really is setting a poor example of letting him get away with that sort of thing, especially if they're going to be in public!
    Krayger nods, and walks over to the cart, picking up Rassa and lowering her into the cart if she lets him before climbing in himself. Seems like what she gave him was strong enough to mess with him but not leave him stumbling.

Though hopefully she lets it wear off a bit. He can't be drunk at the dance.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Dwarf in the Playground

[so quiet, you can almost hear the scene ending]

Cait looks worried noticing the damage done to Dale. "Seriously don't worry about the money." A mischievous grin appears on her face. "You might get a kick out of this. The money was liberated from the very cult that sent this monster. So when I get it to you spend it freely."

She takes half a step to help him up before seeing Ari has him. She takes a full step back removing herself slightly from the group of three friends. "Maybe Ari should stay with you as well to keep an eye on you. But yeah I should go. I am going to take the SUV, but I will send it back to you. I am sure you will find a use for it. Thanks for the meal and a place to stay. I am sorry I ruined your house. I guess I owe you one." As far as awkward goodbyes are Cait is scoring a 7 out of 10 slowly backing away towards the SUV the two of them drove out of the desert.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Pixie in the Playground

[so quiet, you can totally hear the scene ending]

Upon hearing that, Dale smiles even wider. With one half of his face, at least. "Now that be some good news. A'ight, will do! As long as I'm not gonna be targeted for usin' those loons' bucks." He's not just going to rebuild his house, he'll exploit the heck out of this money.

"Yep. I should really stay with you for now.", Ari agrees. "Brain damage is no joke, Dale." "Yeah, fine, okay. An' don't ya worry Cait, some hefty pile a' money should be 'nuff. Ya don't be owin' me nothin' besides that, can keep that there SUV if ya want." Dale's way of saying goodbye isn't much less awkward than hers, scoring a decent 6 on the scale. He laxly waves his hand and says "See ya 'round." before being approached by the paramedic with the bill. No problem, he has full health insurance (of which he makes good use every few months).

[maybe epilogue already?]

The medicine injected into his bloodstream is doing its work: after two days, Dale's brain is fully healed. All of his face can smile again, he walks without problems, his thoughts aren't sluggish any more, and his capability of feeling anger has returned. A whole lot of anger. Though Dale can't really blame Cait for much, since Lyklor told him how she didn't realise a monster was coming until it was too late, and how troubled and regretful she looked while he was out cold. And after all, Dale was the one who entered a murderous car chase because someone had bumped him with their SUV. In the end, he doesn't harbour any hostility towards Cait.

That policewoman? Yes, she does show up to investigate the next day. Yes, her work is very lackadaisical. A short report is created, without naming a potential culprit, and left to rot in a filing cabinet.

If Cait does send a credit card, he will not hesitate to squeeze it for all it's worth. Rebuilding his house quickly, buying new magic tools, affording a few luxuries like a holographic TV and an expensive drone, making a day trip to a huge amusement park and giving some of it away to his friends. After his house is fully restored, he throws a feast party, happily cooking all day long and having close to 20 guests over in the evening.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-09-25 at 11:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Epilogue

Cait left without any fanfare. The next day a courier who happens to be a large talking tortoise who rides a scooter delivers a envelope to Dale's hose, or what is left of it. Inside is a single piece of paper and a black credit card that has no logos or names, just a string of numbers in a slightly lighter shade of black. The note says the card will work for six weeks or one million dollars. She warns against trying to push that limit.

There is no return address because Cait made a decision that night she drove away. Dale didn't understand how much it meant to her for him to invite her into his home, and to make her that meal. When she said she owed him that is what for. She figures after the chase they were even, then he was nice and welcoming so she owed him. Then a monster hunting her destroyed his house and nearly killed him. So she really owed him. The money should knock that down a lot. Staying out of his life should make them even. Cait likes balancing the books like that. Though she knows she will break the promise to herself to keep away if she really needs him. If she needs him to keep other promises made ling ago. Also fate may make them meet again.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ettin in the Playground

Sod House

Rassa really is setting a poor example of letting him get away with that sort of thing, especially if they're going to be in public!
    Krayger nods, and walks over to the cart, picking up Rassa and lowering her into the cart if she lets him before climbing in himself. Seems like what she gave him was strong enough to mess with him but not leave him stumbling.

Though hopefully she lets it wear off a bit. He can't be drunk at the dance.
    Upon getting to the dance, from observation of the other guests, being drunk really won't be a problem. Rassa turns out to be a very wild dancer, doing her best to wear Krayger out. It looks like there have been beds set up for the guests when they're done too, as well as plenty more to drink.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dance]

Krayger, as it turns out, does not know how to dance in the least, but he's loud and tipsy, and so he should get along fine with the crowd. And he's only getting more drunk by the second.
    He's got pretty good endurance, but if Rassa brings him to a private quarter, he won't stop her....
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-09-27 at 10:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ettin in the Playground

[Dance]

Krayger, as it turns out, does not know how to dance in the least, but he's loud and tipsy, and so he should get along fine with the crowd. And he's only getting more drunk by the second.
    He's got pretty good endurance, but if Rassa brings him to a private quarter, he won't stop her....
    Rassa leads him outside into a smaller hut onto a pile of deer and bear skins, as the curtain falls again...

And wakes up with sunlight coming through a roof that appears to be made of...bark? And for some reason Rassaa has horns, beautiful horns made of copper metal. As she rises, he can see she has graceful deer legs and hooves made of a similar color. Her eyes flash red and gold fire.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wooden Hut]

Well, on the plus side, Rassa seems to have decided to take the deer hides as an appearance, but Krayger isn't a bear. Also, she makes quite the lovely deer. Does don't have antlers but Krayger won't complain.
    "Another change of pace? You grow bored so quickly, my dear." he says, in good spirits but a little bothered by it. Still, he gets up and stretches, not bothered by their state of dress if she doesn't.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ettin in the Playground

Bark Hut

Krayger may notice the bark hut is a different design than he's used to - a slightly pointed dome made rather all in one frame, with no distinction between roof and wall. Rassa slips into a tanned leather dress and points out his attire to Krayger. It seems to consist of a leather belt, a long but fairly narrow piece of dyed cloth, and a pair of what appear to be pants legs, separate from each other, with ties on the top. The leather, both the leggings and Rassa's dress, is heavily embroidered with beads.

Rassa giggles. Consistency is no fun, is it love?

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bark Hut]

Krayger looks down, and does his best to get the clothes on. He might require some assistance.
    "Well, what's our lovely plans for today, then, hmmm? " he asks her. At this point he understands that Rassa is no milkmaid, but some strange, powerful creature. But as long as she's going to keep being so lovely about it...

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ettin in the Playground

[Bark Hut]

Rassa points out how the cloth wraps through the belt in such a way that Krayger is decently covered. There's a hunt today. They'll have weapons we can use. She leads him to a longer hut, where an older woman hands him a pair of flint axes. Rassa herself equips only a long obsidian knife. She whistles, and a pack of black coyotes surround her as she heads off into the woods.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bark Hu(n)t]

Krayger tucks one of the axes into his belt and runs after Rassa, having not received much further instructions. He had been thinking all sorts of lovey-dovey things, along with wondering how heavy those copper antlers are, but there's no time for that now.
    "Just tell me what you want me to do." he calls to her, but minotaurs are more bulk than speed, and Rassa and her canines will easily outpace him if they don't slow down to his level.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ettin in the Playground

Bark Hunt

Rassa slows down. Just follow the hounds, for now. They will find our quarry.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

Bark Hunt

Coyotes aren't really hounds, but Krayger follows them nonetheless.
    "What is it? What are we looking for?" Krayger calls to Rassa.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ettin in the Playground

Bark Hunt

Coyotes aren't really hounds, but Krayger follows them nonetheless.
    "What is it? What are we looking for?" Krayger calls to Rassa.
    Rassa looks back at Kraygre and smiles. It's a little unusual quarry, I do not believe you would know of them.