New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Serious Plots 6: Srs bsns

[Bark Hunt]

Krayger frowns.
    "Okay but...what does it look like." he says, being more direct this time.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

Bark Hunt

Rassa smiles very, very slightly, but does not answer the question. She gives an order to the hounds in a language that Krayger doesn't understand.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bark Hunt]

Krayger sighs. Rassa has proven time and again that she's not interested in letting him know what's going on. So he resigns himself to simply following until she decides to let him in on things. His patience is beginning to wear thin, though.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Bugbear in the Playground

[In the middle of nowhere]

They will find themselves standing in a inch deep layer of snow upon a small hilltop. Behind them a giant green planetoid is just partly visible against the black night sky with what appears to be a extremely bright star just behind it.
    Surrounding the hill is rugged wilderness with snow-clad pine forest only broken off by hills or deep valleys.
    There is a larger river running just nearby, a lone deer-like creature with gigantic horns that has been drinking from it looks up as they arrive and quickly runs off as it spots them.

Over the river lays a thick layer of fog, making them able to just make out the foot of the tall mountain in the distance. It is likely the tallest one in the region even though it is difficult to make out against the fog banks that covers it. In the distance, they can hear something howl, not quite a wolf, something else.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

They will find themselves standing in a inch deep layer of snow upon a small hilltop. Behind them a giant green planetoid is just partly visible against the black night sky with what appears to be a extremely bright star just behind it.
    Surrounding the hill is rugged wilderness with snow-clad pine forest only broken off by hills or deep valleys.
    There is a larger river running just nearby, a lone deer-like creature with gigantic horns that has been drinking from it looks up as they arrive and quickly runs off as it spots them.

Over the river lays a thick layer of fog, making them able to just make out the foot of the tall mountain in the distance. It is likely the tallest one in the region even though it is difficult to make out against the fog banks that covers it. In the distance, they can hear something howl, not quite a wolf, something else.
    Steve walks towards the mountain and says to Luvon "Let's move, and fast. I don't know what's out here, but I don't want to assume that it's completely safe. Besides, I made a promise not to fight."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Luvon looks around. Time to hike up the big mountain covered in fog. That'll be fun. Luvon makes sure Steve arrived and then will start up the mountain.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

7. - Top - End - #1357

The first challenge on their journey, besides the cold weather, is to get across the river. It is pretty wide and there is no crossing in sight nor are there any trees on the other side. They might have to use magic or think of some other way to get across.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

The first challenge on their journey, besides the cold weather, is to get across the river. It is pretty wide and there is no crossing in sight nor are there any trees on the other side. They might have to use magic or think of some other way to get across.
    Steve looks around and says to Luvon "I suppose you can't make a bridge or boat. Or can you?"
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve looks around and says to Luvon "I suppose you can't make a bridge or boat. Or can you?"

"I could sure try but there's pretty much nothing here. Hold on, I have to try to remember these bard spells." Luvon says. Luvon will end up stopping his talk and casting Dimension Door on the other side. Luvon will put a hand on Steve, allowing him to also go through if successful.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

10. - Top - End - #1360

They can teleport across the river easily. Now they are on the other side of the river with the mountain before them, veiled in fog so thick that they can't see much further than the very foot of the mountain.

If they look closely, it almost as if something in moving in the mist, or it is simply the mist itself playing tricks on them.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Bark Hunt]

Krayger sighs. Rassa has proven time and again that she's not interested in letting him know what's going on. So he resigns himself to simply following until she decides to let him in on things. His patience is beginning to wear thin, though.
    The hunt chases through woods into a swampy area. Krayger can hear the coyotes start to yip excitedly.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bark Hunt]

Krayger picks up the pace, having no trouble keeping up at a run despite his pace itself being a little slow.
    ”It seems we’re not far now.” he says idly to the Lady.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

Bark Hunt

Krayger will see the coyotes closing in on what appears to be a small fey with wrinkled skin like an old man and short curly brown hair peeking out from under his cap. His clothes look like they were nice but have been dragged through the mud and torn as he huddles up against a tree, waving his hands at the coyotes.

If Krayger looks over at Rassa, he will notice that she is grinning madly, needle-sharp teeth on display, and her eyes seem to be glowing orange.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

Bark Hunt

Krayger shoves his axes into his belt, waving a hand.
    ”False alarm, just a traveler. You ought to call them off, Rassa.” he says simply, stepping forward.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ettin in the Playground

Bark Hunt

Rassa smiles wider, but the smile is somehow even more ruthless than before, although her tone of voice is as sweet as ever. It is best not to interfere with the Hunt, love. she states, without ever turning her eyes from the smaller fey.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2017-12-04 at 11:53 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bark Hunt]

Krayger turns to Rassa. Suddenly he’s twenty one again, staring down a pair of angry eyes over a dark muzzle. Krayger steps in front of Rassa.
    ”I wouldn’t let my father do this, and I’ll be damned if I let you. Stand down, Rassa. I liked you better as a milkmaid.” he rumbles, fists clenched.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

Bark Hunt....uh-oh

Rassa smiles wide for a moment, then everything fades to black, with her burning eyes and sharp-toothed smile seeming to linger for a long moment after everything else has faded. All the various forms she's taken seem to dance in Krayger's head, achingly beautiful and tempting. When Krayger wakes up, he's crumpled on the ground in what appears to be the same farm where he first met Rassa, right by the pigpen. But there seem to be no living things around anymore, the pigpen only contains dry bones. Choking swarms of dust swirl around, giving the farm a cold yellow tint, dark even though the sun is high in the sky.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dust Farm]

Krayger wakes, immediately gets dust in every place possible (and some that shouldn’t be) and pulls a handkerchief from a pocket to cover his nostrils.
    Covering one’s face is much harder for a person whose head is at least sixty percent nose, but with his nose covered at least a Krayger can stagger towards the farmhouse for shelter.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

They can teleport across the river easily. Now they are on the other side of the river with the mountain before them, veiled in fog so thick that they can't see much further than the very foot of the mountain.

If they look closely, it almost as if something in moving in the mist, or it is simply the mist itself playing tricks on them.
    Remembering the promise he made, Steve cautiously starts to move forward and quietly pray for protection. Hoping that his connection to his god hasn't been completely severed. ((This isn't a spell or anything, just praying))
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-12-06 at 11:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ettin in the Playground

Dust Farm

Krayger successfully reaches the farmhouse. The door is cracked and falling off the hinges, leaving the insides exposed, although still sheltered enough to be out of the dust. Inside is deserted and covered in dust, and smells of rotting dairy products.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dust Farm]

Great, Krayger thinks to himself. If the racist jokes weren't enough to make him hate cows, now he'll be trapped for hours at least in a room full of spoiled milk.
    Krayger slumps to the ground for a few minutes, but will eventually have to go looking around the place for anything to use if there's no abatement in the storm.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Dwarven Tomb]

Arlem and Dorothy turn up at the location specified by Electra, expecting a trap.
    The shapechanger's appearance now is a close match for Krayger's memories of Grace. She's been here before, after all. Why not come back?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Remembering the promise he made, Steve cautiously starts to move forward and quietly pray for protection. Hoping that his connection to his god hasn't been completely severed. ((This isn't a spell or anything, just praying))

"This just keeps getting better." Living casts Dispel Greater Magic on the mist.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

Dust Farm

The first thing Krayger will likely find, luckily, is an old lantern and a striker. There's a jug of oil around here too. If Krayger strikes the light, it will reveal something very odd - some sort of runes or glyphs seem to be patterned in the dust overlaying everything.

There is, however, nothing remotely edible-looking in the area.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dust Farm]

Krayger does Strike the light to see if it works, and is surprised to find the runes.
    While he doesn’t want to use all his oil right away, he does try to find any pattern to the runes. Some old spell of Rassa’s? He’s getting flashbacks to that old wizard tower...
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-12-15 at 10:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1376

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    "This just keeps getting better." Living casts Dispel Greater Magic on the mist.

It appears as if the mist isn't magical in nature as it doesn't disappear with Luvon's spell. It does seem to bring them some attention however.

From within the mist they can see glowing orange eyes emerge, belonging to beings that appear to be made out of the same material as the mist. Like some form of mist elementals.

"What is your purpose here?" A disembodied voice demands.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

It appears as if the mist isn't magical in nature as it doesn't disappear with Luvon's spell. It does seem to bring them some attention however.

From within the mist they can see glowing orange eyes emerge, belonging to beings that appear to be made out of the same material as the mist. Like some form of mist elementals.

"What is your purpose here?" A disembodied voice demands.
    Steve says after a few moments of silence "We come to seek the aid of the master of this realm. I am Steven Lightblade, a paladin who has been cursed by my powers turned unholy, and as a result, I have been overtaken by fear. I am also here with Luvon Shire, ranger of the elvish forests. He has been curse with his powers changed to that of a bard. He has also been turned into a girl. We are only asking to help in being healed, and so long it is within the tenets of good."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-12-16 at 01:52 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

[Dwarven Tomb]

The entrance to the tomb is located behind a massive rockslide. Someone dug a hole in it, through which Grace and Krayger went in when they were here. The hole is still there and accessible. An acrid smell is coming from it, not the sort you'd expect from a centuries-old tomb. Nothing seems to be moving or making a sound, otherwise. Behind the hole is a long, narrow room lined with sculptures resembling dwarves in working garb.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Dwarven Tomb]

"Someone else is here, hmm? Or just leftovers from the raid. Dorothy, lights please."
    A ball of light springs out from the tip of the knife and hovers around Arlem as she makes her way down through the hole.
    Look at these statues! Wonder if they're purely decorative. Fine work either way, shame that they've been left here. These belong in a museum!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ettin in the Playground

Dust Farm

The runes seem to be all different, any many of them seem difficult to look at. Krayger may notice that, for some reason, there's a notebook and a pen in the middle of one of the benches, however.