New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Serious Plots 6: Srs bsns

[Rivi Des]

Kitty can feel the presence of a spirit nearby. It's smell is all over the house, it seems like it been walking around the building more than once. She can't see it however, so it must be hiding.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

It's nothing her sharp canine nose can't handle. Her ears fold back and she starts to follow the scent. Time to root out a spirit. Let's see what's harassing Obriane's family right now.

3. - Top - End - #123

[Rivi Des]

She will be able to track the smell to the grove and sure enough, there is something hiding in the foliage. It looks human, like a small girl or boy. But Kitty can tell it's a deception. It might have spotted her too however...

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

Oh it'll see her alright. Kitty snarls and her four tails point upward. At each of their tips a ball of white flame flicks into existence. She rushes forward, like a predator pursuing its prey. Her foxfire fans out looking to cut off the spirit's lines of escape.

5. - Top - End - #125

[Rivi Des]

As Kitty sprints forward the 'little girl' notices her and let's the glamour drop.
    The kitsune might recognize the being who sought them up at the hospital. A mass of impossibly long human arms shrouded by a darkness that persists even in the day-light. Around it the glowing masks of human faces float around like fireflies. It's many hands shoots out like fingered tentacles towards her, it's not attempting to grab her, it's just trying to touch her with it's many fingers.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

Kitty yelps and grinds to a halt. She'd been expecting some lesser spirit she could trap, not this thing again. She starts to back step, but not fast enough. She draws her flames in to burn the reaching tendrils.

7. - Top - End - #127

[Rivi Des]

The black tendrils appear to burn up as they come close to the foxfire, but it doesn't seem to actually cause the creature pain as it draws even closer. "WHERE IS HE?!" The masks screams at her in unison as the creature moves closer, the tendrils moving to surround her now.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

It'll have to catch up to her first. It's going to lose ground trying to do that because Kitty is running in the exact opposite direction. If it wants her catch her, it's going to have to chase her, and she can move fast.

9. - Top - End - #129

[Rivi Des]

The creature isn't nearly as fast and it won't follow for long. As soon as Kitty has left the house behind her it suddenly stops. "TELL HIM I'LL BE WAITING!" The masks screams at Kitty as she runs away from the fetch.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

Kitty races back to where Obriane is waiting for her, less cautious than she was on the way there. Hopefully no one sees more than a fox. When she gets back to Obriane, she stops in front of her, panting. She doesn't change to her human form immediately. She's quite exhausted.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kingdom of Ays]

"Yes but you've got the figure to pull it off." Samantha said idly before tossing a glance in Brittany's direction to see her reaction. "And I can go either way but I think you're right about the impact there.. Most of what I was thinking is more in line with a party of some kind anyway. Do you think something more in line with a military coat might be a little too on the nose?" she asked.

Sorting through a few more things, she stepped back, an elbow in one hand and supporting her chin in the other. "So.. White or lilac shirt; primarily maroon doublet with gold highlights, hemming, embroidery, and buttons; darker sable pants; black leather belt with a.. Silver fastener.. The same with.. Lets go with boots this time..." Pausing, she turned again to the princess for her opinion. "Ankle or knee high do you think? Also, maybe a black mantle with a red underside and a silver chain and clasp for the shoulders to top it all off?" she asked, raising a stenciled eyebrow. The fancier bits of the actual embroidery and such she would leave to the tailors but so far that seemed like a fairly decent ensemble to be ready with.
    Kingdom of Ays

"No, I think a military coat would do just fine. You'll get more support from the guard and army if you do that."
    Brittany points out, smiling as she avoids remarking about whether or not she actually had a figure, much less one to be proud of. As for the rest of Samantha's description of possible attire, she gives a respectful nod. "That sounds good, though I'd go with knee high boots. Preferably with daggers placed obviously along the calves. Makes you less of a clotheshorse like many Lords or Ladies I could name." She points out, sounding plenty amused. Even the seamstresses can't help but smile at the remark. "If it is alright with the Lady, we can take measurements now and get what you like fitted quickly." The head seamstress offers as she pulls out a measuring tape.

12. - Top - End - #132

[Rivi Des]

People does take notice of the fox running like crazy through the town, but only children pay more than a moment's notice to her.
    Obriane, who must have seen Kitty first, is already in tears once the kitsune sees her. She must be assuming the worst, not even able to say a word.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

Kitty forces herself to change, and she's shaking when her human form stands before Obriane. "The house is all shut up." She shakes her head and squeezes her eyes closed. "I ran into that thing that attacked us before. It's lurking around the place, but it doesn't look like it's done anything yet."

14. - Top - End - #134

[Rivi Des]

Obriane sniffs and then attempts to give Kitty a big hug. "So they're alive." She takes a deep breath. "I guess... I guess it couldn't come past the wards after all."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

Kitty squeezes her girlfriend tight and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Yeah, it looks like they're fine." She holds Obriane back at arms length and looks her in the eye. "I told you we were going to save them, didn't I?"

16. - Top - End - #136

[Rivi Des]

Obriane nods and manages to muster a faint smile. "You did. We should hurry though, before it is too late." She pauses. "You didn't happen to see either of them, did you?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

"I saw someone looking through the curtains." Kitty describes the brief encounter as they begin moving toward the town. She has no idea who the person was, but maybe Obriane can tell from her crude description.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Kingdom of Ays]

"I wouldn't mind a selection of daggers if I'm to properly accessorize." Samantha said with a surprising lack of sarcasm, nodding to the seamstresses for them to go ahead. She would comply with any requests they made though.. perhaps.. "If it'll speed things up, I can give you the numbers myself." she said. Really it was only a matter of simple conversions after getting a look at the measuring tape. Such were the mundane perks of a cybernetic brain. Amusingly ironic considering her surroundings at that. Either way was fine with her though. As the seamstresses did their work, she asked: "Why the military specifically? Is there something about them that I should know about?" she asked. She expected it to be more along the lines of just not wearing so many layers that she might as well be wearing padded armor but it never hurt to be sure.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Kingdom of Ays

"Oh, let the girls do their work."
    Brittany chastises with a joking tone. "Unless you're telling me you're a seamstess as well. If that's the case, there might be a scandal in the making if word got out. We all know those fairytales." She adds, earning a few smiles of amusement from the other women as they measure Samantha. "They can get a few daggers delivered once they're done, but why the military? Well, tell me if there's ever been a kingdom where the thoughts of commanders and generals weren't heavily weighted one way or the other?" She supposes as she makes a small dismissive wave of her left hand. "The Guard and Knights of Ays are very important parts of the culture. Their leaders are almost entirely made of nobles of varying ranks. Appeal to them, even slightly, and I think you'll find yourself well supported." The fact that Brittany would be well-supported as well is obvious but unsaid.

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Rivi Des]

"I saw someone looking through the curtains." Kitty describes the brief encounter as they begin moving toward the town. She has no idea who the person was, but maybe Obriane can tell from her crude description.
    [Rivi Des]

"That's dad." Obriane declares in relief. "That thing must have spooked him real good if he panicked from seeing you. Must have thought you were one of those things." Kitty is a kind of spirit so he wasn't that far off.
    "We should head there, but..." She hesitates for a moment. "Let's not go through town. Don't want to involve anyone else in this."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

"That's fine. We can give the place a wide berth. We don't want to go in there from the direction I was running anything. That thing is bound to still be there." Kitty says.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2021-02-15 at 01:16 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142

[Rivi Des]

"Okay... but you can track it down. We just need to figure out a way to get rid of it. Last time we met it, I couldn't really do anything." She pauses, looking out at the town in the distance. "I know I have this... power, with all the spirits possessing me and such. But I only have a vague idea how to use it. My parents didn't exactly encourage me to understand it. But since that creature is connected to me somehow, there has to be a way for me to... dismiss it or something." Obriane turns back to Kitty. "But, you're a form of spirit, right Kitty? Maybe you could help me somehow? I know that, uh, I've felt rather strange ever since I met you. Like there is a resonance between us..." Especially while they bed one another.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

Kitty looks at Obriane from the sides of her eyes. While she's always felt a close bond with Obriane, that's not the way she'd have expected Obriane to put it. "I only have one way I know to deal with spirits, but you know I'm going to do whatever I can to help." She says reassuringly and gives her a little squeeze around the waist.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2016-06-01 at 12:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144

[Rivi Des]

"Y-yeah, I know Kitty. I just want to do more than just acting as a spirit bait and having to wear this breastplate all the time." Obriane replies. "But there is no time to argue now, we should go. Let's just sneak around the village, alright?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

Argue? Were they arguing? Kitty's gonna need to dive a bit more into this later, but that can wait. "Sure, let's do that. You lead the way, alright? You know your way around. I'll be right behind you."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Winds' Island - Cutscene]

"Of course, you're going to have to look and sound the part."
    Of course.
    Chevin passes over the woven wire bracelet. "Makes you smaller. Fit the armor better."
    The brass ring, set with imitation ruby. "Right hand, uh, damn, you have the wrong number of fingers on that hand. Fountain of healing or something grew it back. Middle finger. Gives you the hairstyle."
    The golden mask, rayed like the sun. "Face of a messenger. Does the coloration, and is the first part of the Sight."
    The feldspar's ring. "This goes under the gauntlet. Gives you her voice. Don't talk with your mouth; it wouldn't come out well through the mask anyway. Just through the magic."

"Goodness, you don't look anything like me, do you? Tall, broad, sapiens. No one else is going to see the difference, are they?"

"Then you got the tools."
    The silver band. "The other part of the sight. Everyone's eyes."
    The flashlight. "What? You think we're too good for a flashlight? It gets dark."
    The goggles, that make the flashlight unnecessary.
    The lightning rod.
    The sword, the knife. They aren't a pair.
    And at last, the armor. White feathers and fluffy cloud and spun sunlight and something that's not quite steel, gears and pistons and electric fibers, spindly thruster housings and suggestive edges, launchers and rangefinders and tiny manufactory, only part of a whole, more than enough.

"And I think you understand what we're about. That single-minded focus. I'm sure you'll make speeches about it, won't you? You hear me alright under that?"

"Yes. I'm ready."

"Show me."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-06-13 at 12:42 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Rivi Des]

Argue? Were they arguing? Kitty's gonna need to dive a bit more into this later, but that can wait. "Sure, let's do that. You lead the way, alright? You know your way around. I'll be right behind you."
    [Rivi Des]

Obriane nods and then takes a deep breath before turning around, starting to lead Kitty around the little town. As they come closer she glances at the kitsune. "So, d-do we have a plan? I'm not sure I can get close enough to stick my knife into that thing, and I doubt my arrows would be all that effective."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

"Maybe we should try and get to your parents first. Then we can figure out how to deal with the spirits stalking them." Kitty says. She's not sure how they're going to resolve all this, but they can't waste too much time to think of it.

29. - Top - End - #149

[Rivi Des]

Obriane stops for a moment and then nods. "Y-yeah, we could do that. It's actually a pretty good idea. Make sure they're safe first." The can see the house now and Kitty can also feel that the spirit is nearby. It will likely attack them again soon.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rivi Des]

Kitty looks around warily. Her hackles would be raised if she were in her fox body. "It's nearby. Let's hurry." She grabs Obriane's hand and leads the way toward the house. She sniffs the air and keeps her eyes wide open. She wouldn't be caught unaware.