New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: fixing tier issues with gestalting

Quote Originally Posted by Beheld View Post
    If you think the Warlock can go even on SGTs I'll happily run them for you.
    SGT is strange for a Warlock because you build differently if you're expecting to be a solo character. I normally build Warlocks for support and utility and count on the other party members to provide the muscle. If I were going solo, though, I'd put a lot more emphasis on avoiding fights entirely, because a battlefield controller and backup/supplemental damage-dealer is not going to fare well on his own in combat. Either that or Charm people left and right until you're not solo anymore, which is also viable.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Binder levels and strength (Response to Soranar):

You have a touch attack for garbage damage. A Druids AC does more damage than you if he literally sits in a corner and watches, Color Spray alone probably equals if not exceeds your output in this entire range, to say nothing of second and third level spells.
    Mortalbane, a feat to be psionic, and a flaw to get psionic shot will net you a 6d6 touch attack at first level.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lans View Post
    Mortalbane, a feat to be psionic, and a flaw to get psionic shot will net you a 6d6 touch attack at first level.
    And nearly every other class can pull that of, so it is not unique to the Binder class at all.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    And nearly every other class can pull that of, so it is not unique to the Binder class at all.
    They were talking about the warlock, and I'm not sure how most classes get a touch attack spell like ability

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Except even after you use a 3.0 feat and three other feats on your eldritch blast at level 1, making you a human with two flaws, you still can only do that damage 5 times a day, you have to restore your psionic focus after every shot, and it only applies to living non-outsiders.

As compared to an Illumian Wizard 1 who can just do 9d6 damage reflex half at will, or summon a Large Elemental at will.

If you want to talk about silly level 1 builds that stop being good later, but are broken at level 1, you still aren't even in the same timezone as the Wizard.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Except even after you use a 3.0 feat and three other feats on your eldritch blast at level 1, making you a human with two flaws, you still can only do that damage 5 times a day, you have to restore your psionic focus after every shot, and it only applies to living non-outsiders.

As compared to an Illumian Wizard 1 who can just do 9d6 damage reflex half at will, or summon a Large Elemental at will.

If you want to talk about silly level 1 builds that stop being good later, but are broken at level 1, you still aren't even in the same timezone as the Wizard.
    Luckily, I wasn't trying to compete with the wizard.

How does a wizard get 9d6 damage at 1st?

Wait is it launchbolt, psionic shot, and mortal bane?
    Last edited by Lans; 2016-01-20 at 02:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

WTF were you trying to compete with? You posted a 1st level trick build, Beheld posted another.

I assume Heighten Spell/Extra Slot loops.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

You emphatically were. He claimed that no tier 1 caster can keep up with warlocks at level 1, I pointed out that Wizards totally outdo warlocks starting at level 1, you quoted me saying that and responded by posting silly power now for suck later level 1 build for warlocks.

In the context of the conversation, that can't possibly be anything else but a claim that warlocks keep up with Tier 1 casters.

Illumian Heighten + Extra Slot + Reserve Feat. You can have a 9th level slot at level 1, and put some heightened burning hands in it, and do 9d6 with your fire attack, or you can do the same thing with Summon Monster 1 and just summon a CR 5 creature.

Silly level 1 builds are always silly, but even if you are going to measure, the warlock is still pretty damn pathetic at it.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

If you're going for silly TO builds then Warlock 1 can, theoretically, do 57,600d6 damage per day.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

annoyed Re: fixing tier issues with gestalting

Why are people trying to turn this into a silly TO thread?

TO has no relation to this topic.

Also, it's silly.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    SGT is strange for a Warlock because you build differently if you're expecting to be a solo character. I normally build Warlocks for support and utility and count on the other party members to provide the muscle. If I were going solo, though, I'd put a lot more emphasis on avoiding fights entirely, because a battlefield controller and backup/supplemental damage-dealer is not going to fare well on his own in combat. Either that or Charm people left and right until you're not solo anymore, which is also viable.
    Why are you saying that Warlock is Tier 0 because it's your favorite class?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

You emphatically were. He claimed that no tier 1 caster can keep up with warlocks at level 1, I pointed out that Wizards totally outdo warlocks starting at level 1, you quoted me saying that and responded by posting silly power now for suck later level 1 build for warlocks.

In the context of the conversation, that can't possibly be anything else but a claim that warlocks keep up with Tier 1 casters.
    I was responding to you saying that the warlocks damage was garbage. I should of narrowed the quote box down.

Illumian Heighten + Extra Slot + Reserve Feat. You can have a 9th level slot at level 1, and put some heightened burning hands in it, and do 9d6 with your fire attack, or you can do the same thing with Summon Monster 1 and just summon a CR 5 creature.
    z Cool

Silly level 1 builds are always silly, but even if you are going to measure, the warlock is still pretty damn pathetic at it.
    I was mostly using it as a starting point to see how it could perform in a same game test with using pact infernus to get empower and maximize spell-like abilities at level 5. But that was mostly idle musing than anything

Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    WTF were you trying to compete with? You posted a 1st level trick build, Beheld posted another.

SGT challenges