New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Heroes of the Storm II: Thread. Augmented. Logical Decision

For the record: Halfway through temporal loop you go WQ. Loop lasts 3 seconds, W has a 1.5s delay and then Q has a 1s cast time.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    And if you do manage to hit an Unrevealable character with an AoE, the word "unrevealable" pops up where they are, so you'll know you've found them.
    Favorite moment vs. Valeera: when I went Reverse Amp as Lucio, and hit Valeera (who was at low-ish health) with it. Seeing a steady trickle of "Unrevealable" followed by ENEMY HERO SLAIN was very satisfying.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

Azmodan laser doesn't break channeling if Valeera uses D. You keep hitting an empty spot and getting unrevealable messages :D
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

So I was on Hanamura, and this happened;
    Spoiler: Big-ish
    Show

A minion, a single minion, broke off from the group and decided to solo the door.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Eh, weird stuff happens.

Probably he was attacking a hero, then that hero left, then it retargeted to the closest enemy, which happens to be the door.

I once read a post about how if you start a game with no other heroes or opponents and do nothing, one team's minions will push and kill the core eventually
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

For all the newer players: The Welcome Package has been added to the shop and it is a bargain. It is to ease you in to spending money in the game but it's honestly worth the money.

It is however a worse deal than the old package Nexus Bundle or whatever it was called.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Eh, weird stuff happens.

Probably he was attacking a hero, then that hero left, then it retargeted to the closest enemy, which happens to be the door.

I once read a post about how if you start a game with no other heroes or opponents and do nothing, one team's minions will push and kill the core eventually
    Iirc, that was true in LoL, so I could imagine it happening here. I know I've seen matches in HotS where 90% of core damage was our little minion guys due to so much team fight focus.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Iirc, that was true in LoL, so I could imagine it happening here. I know I've seen matches in HotS where 90% of core damage was our little minion guys due to so much team fight focus.
    Winions, yo. ive won games almost as often with catapults on the core as I have by heroes killing it.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... does a higher difficulty AI match give more xp?
    Meow(Steam page)

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

(In Alarak voice)
    How would I know? The mere thought of partaking in such lowly act has never crossed my mind!
    There is no glory to be found in battling such inferior foes.

Dang, am I the only one who already has 1600 shards for when his Announcer pack drops?

Also: I might have asked this already, but what is everyone's stance on announcers?
    I'm currently using mostly ETC, with Lili and tassadar sometimes.
    Worst I've tried is easily the Butcher, as he literally growls in a slightly different tone for everything that happens.
    I heard BW and Abathur are good, but I don't think they're worth the 1600
    So yeah. your wrong.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

I've only gotten three announcers as drops, and I'm saving all my shards to get the Abathur announcer. The ones I happened to get are Sonya, who's decent, Tychus, who's funny in a redneck way, and one legendary: Murky, who can't actually use words, which is hilarious for a while.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

Please don't try to play AI to farm XP. The mode is nice to get to know the game but try to play vs. other players. You shouldn't be getting into a MOBA when you want to play vs. AI.

@ Announcers
    Personal favorite so far is Gazlowe:
    Playing Gazlowe: "Look at me down there. Hi me. Who's a handsome little guy?"
    Player Death: "Remember when you died? Oh yeah, that just happened."
    Multikill: "Punch each other. Go nuts, whatever."
    Disconnect: "Oh no. Don't. Go." "One of these zeroes is now a robot. So: you know; enjoy that."

But I really want Brightwing and Lili.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

XP is based on the amount of XP you get in game. A higher level AI doesn't inherently grant more XP, but it does tend to lead to longer games with more forts killed and a higher level, which means more XP.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    (In Alarak voice)
    How would I know? The mere thought of partaking in such lowly act has never crossed my mind!
    There is no glory to be found in battling such inferior foes.

Dang, am I the only one who already has 1600 shards for when his Announcer pack drops?

Also: I might have asked this already, but what is everyone's stance on announcers?
    I'm currently using mostly ETC, with Lili and tassadar sometimes.
    Worst I've tried is easily the Butcher, as he literally growls in a slightly different tone for everything that happens.
    I heard BW and Abathur are good, but I don't think they're worth the 1600
    ETC is cool, he's my usual announcer. Tassadar is nice as well, but the inherent emotionlessness of Protoss voices kind of takes some fun out of it.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    ETC is cool, he's my usual announcer. Tassadar is nice as well, but the inherent emotionlessness of Protoss voices kind of takes some fun out of it.
    Its not a protoss thing, Tassadar's VA is just really... really, boring. He sounds like he's phoning it in. Its as bad as Zeratul in the LoV prologue.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Came to HotS for the Overwatch goodies, stayed because it's actually fun and some of my gaming buddies are really into it now.

Last time I played I remember Diablo being a joke character, now he's just a total beast. Times have really changes in the Heroes world.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    XP is based on the amount of XP you get in game. A higher level AI doesn't inherently grant more XP, but it does tend to lead to longer games with more forts killed and a higher level, which means more XP.
    Aha~
    (and, to be honest, AI is 95% of why I play this game, so it was less "what is the fastest way to xp grind?" and more "do higher difficulties inherently give more?")
    I mean, I sometimes hop in to pvp? But it tends to be too competitive for me. Brawls tend to be more fun for me though.
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-05-25 at 10:52 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

I still recommend to try it, it really is another game entirely. It really helps to bring a friend along, though, so grab a buddy if you can.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    Came to HotS for the Overwatch goodies, stayed because it's actually fun and some of my gaming buddies are really into it now.

Last time I played I remember Diablo being a joke character, now he's just a total beast. Times have really changes in the Heroes world.
    Yeah, most heroes go through some times of being good/bad/OK, but I'm sure other games do that too.

The thing I'm most happy about is the fact that a surprisingly large part of the cast is playable at pro level (pretty much everyone is viable in casual games)

Reddit often posts recaps of tournament showing which heroes were picked/banned, and it's always a fairly big chunk of the total.
    Although the map variety probably factors: Rexxar, for example, is almost never seen, *except* on Braxis, where he's hotly contested

Then again, and this is a point against hots, the map variety means that some heroes will only ever see niche play: in the above example, if they buffed Rexxar, he'd see decent play in most maps and be absurdly broken in Braxis.
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-05-25 at 12:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

Haven't tried other bribe effects... but Murky's at least work on all of the non-boss mercenaries on Hanamura, even the healing pulse and turret ones.
    I mean, the turret isn't so hard, but I often struggle to solo the healing pulsers.
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Please don't try to play AI to farm XP. The mode is nice to get to know the game but try to play vs. other players. You shouldn't be getting into a MOBA when you want to play vs. AI.
    AI's good for learning how a character works, but HotS turned out to have the least offensive Quick Matches I've seen yet in a MOBA.

Anyway, there's other MOBAs in the works for players who would like the genre if you weren't forced to PvP.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

22. - Top - End - #682
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Haven't tried other bribe effects... but Murky's at least work on all of the non-boss mercenaries on Hanamura, even the healing pulse and turret ones.
    I mean, the turret isn't so hard, but I often struggle to solo the healing pulsers.
    Yeah, bribe is really strong on Hanamura. My personal favorite is brightwing's because she's generally good with her global.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    Yeah, bribe is really strong on Hanamura. My personal favorite is brightwing's because she's generally good with her global.
    Brightwing and Falstad are amazing on Hanamura with their bribes, to the point that if you are the team with first pick in draft and the other team gets either one of them, you have screwed up your draft something big.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    AI's good for learning how a character works, but HotS turned out to have the least offensive Quick Matches I've seen yet in a MOBA.
    I prefer try mode to get to know a character's skills. But AI mode is just the illusion of a real game. You think certain things or builds work excellently because AI plays inherently different than players. That being said, QM is often chaotic and people will not play smart but chase that 1v5 dream of pentakilling enemies alone.

Basic examples are predicting where to point Malfurions roots to (AI won't avoid things like that) or sieging down a fort. The AI will defend a fort but they struggle with split pushes while a QM team can and will shut down split pushes if you extend too far.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

(AI won't avoid things like that)
    Actually, AIs tend to be better at avoiding skillshots with any warning than most players. Its really obnoxious to have your Haymaker interrupted because it has a .5 second windup or whatever it is.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

I do also simply prefer AI. I know it's not what everyone plays for. But it's what I play for.
    Meow(Steam page)

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

Anecdote: I remember playing AI games in Starcraft 1 and being completely unimpressed with stealth units.

I'd send in two Dark templars, attack a unit, and in that exact split second they would get scanned (revealed) by the Terran enemy and killed.

Those units are much better, obviously: not only do they rely on your opponent's reaction time (not trivial,even: Receive attack notification - go look at it - see nothing - have they left? -No, they're invisible - Scan - order army to attack), but they also significantly eat up your opponent's APM, slowing them down in their other tasks.

AIs have an infinite amount of both these resources, so trying to beat them in this way is just a poor strategy. AIs, in general, are beaten by abusing their predictability and "stupidity"
    So yeah. your wrong.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

Three candles teasing SOMETHING in the Battlenet Launcher. My three tips:

1) Deckard Cain (3 Candles = Diablo 3, Candles for the scholar monk)
    2) Hearthstone's Innkeeper (because the artwork is so damn similar)
    3) Warcraft Kobold (u no take candle!)

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Three candles teasing SOMETHING in the Battlenet Launcher. My three tips:

1) Deckard Cain (3 Candles = Diablo 3, Candles for the scholar monk)
    2) Hearthstone's Innkeeper (because the artwork is so damn similar)
    3) Warcraft Kobold (u no take candle!)
    Hmm. That looks like a dungeon of some sort in the background, which makes me think the Kobold and Innkeeper are out.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Hmm. That looks like a dungeon of some sort in the background, which makes me think the Kobold and Innkeeper are out.
    I recognize these big iron-cast portals from somewhere. But where...