New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Heroes of the Storm II: Thread. Augmented. Logical Decision

New Muradin is basically a nerf for pubs and a buff for coordinated play. The nerf to thunder burn reduces his wave clear and he has less damage. He has a stronger CC chain and better vision control potential but these things require the team to be on the same page to really make use of.

E build seems pretty great, at least in team league (E on 7 and 16). Give em the axe basically received a double nerf since it's less of a buff on less damage.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

I am extremely sad that they gutted his damage. "Normalise Tanks damage" is something truly sad to see.

I loved anub playstyle when he had more damage and less survivability, and I loved Muradin when you could go totally ham on the enemies.
    I guess I will have to change my style with him and get used to being a stun machine.

With the level 7 E talent I feel like Haymaker could actually be viable. EQ gives you the time to catch even a small mispositioning, position correctly and chuck them into your team.

Oh, also, Froge opinion wrong opinion. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    I am extremely sad that they gutted his damage. "Normalise Tanks damage" is something truly sad to see.

I loved anub playstyle when he had more damage and less survivability, and I loved Muradin when you could go totally ham on the enemies.
    I guess I will have to change my style with him and get used to being a stun machine.

With the level 7 E talent I feel like Haymaker could actually be viable. EQ gives you the time to catch even a small mispositioning, position correctly and chuck them into your team.

Oh, also, Froge opinion wrong opinion. :P
    Personally, I haven't had a lot of problems playing aggressive damage muradin still. You lose out on healing static, so you need a strong healer, but grabbing reverb at 4 and bronzebeard rage at 13 (7 can be a flex pick, but I don't like using his E offensively if I can help it) makes him exceptionally difficult to ignore, and Avatar gives him the HP to take it.

I do wish there were a couple more anti-spellcaster tanks besides Anub though. Muradin can do the job, but it leaves him mostly unable to handle the enemy frontline and dive.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

"Lose out on Healing Static" is very, very big.

Just to give you an idea, the combo was:

Double W on 4
    Momentum on 7
    Healing static on 13
    Give em the axe on 16
    Rewind on 20
    Result: you can jump in, press your buttons, and essentially keep the W debuff up constantly, throwing out stuns, dealing significant damage, and basically getting a full heal over a few W casts.
    At 20, it's pretty much impossible to die, as rewind +WQE almost guarantees an escape against anything.

Regarding anti-spell Tanks.. Chen is good, but not a full tank.
    Johanna does *fine*.
    Stitches is probably your best bet after Anub'arak, although he has other weaknesses (such as being useless at peel and defending a dive)
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe Tyreal? He has around 15 spell armor. Not huge but enough to take the edge off and he is pretty good at diving.

Also, what would the best ludicrous raid boss team be. Where you bundle as much power into one body as possible, ideally while having at least some lane presence. Cho'Gall and Abathur would be the main part of this. Three heroes fighting from one body. But who else would be involved. Maybe Brightwing for the global presence and reasonable damage. And simulates ads from MMOs.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Maybe Tyreal? He has around 15 spell armor. Not huge but enough to take the edge off and he is pretty good at diving.

Also, what would the best ludicrous raid boss team be. Where you bundle as much power into one body as possible, ideally while having at least some lane presence. Cho'Gall and Abathur would be the main part of this. Three heroes fighting from one body. But who else would be involved. Maybe Brightwing for the global presence and reasonable damage. And simulates ads from MMOs.
    Cho'gall, Abathur, Morales (for enrage via stim), and the Lost Vikings (for minions).

Alternatively, instead of Morales, get Anna for Nanoboost.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2017-10-24 at 01:37 PM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Anyone else been watching HGC groups?

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    Anyone else been watching HGC groups?
    I tried to on Thursday but twitch kept pausing the stream and being generally annoying to watch so I decided to just wait and watch the matches on Youtube.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #1029

Planetar

Blizzcon is tomorrow, and I've been busy writing. Transpose of my top 10 items for "What's Next"

1. Official API
    2. Third Ban
    3. Hero Swaps
    4. Voice Comms
    5. Hero Role Update
    6. Raynor/Kerrigan/Tyrael Reworks
    7. Stealth Rework/Big Gameplay update
    8. Improved Tutorials
    9. Shop Changes
    10. Group Finder Update

Oh and I've been a busy bee writing articles if you'd like to check up on that.

Also, according to some leaks that were posted apparently we're getting Hanzo, Firebat, and Alexstraza tomorrow

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    Blizzcon is tomorrow, and I've been busy writing. Transpose of my top 10 items for "What's Next"

1. Official API
    2. Third Ban
    3. Hero Swaps
    4. Voice Comms
    5. Hero Role Update
    6. Raynor/Kerrigan/Tyrael Reworks
    7. Stealth Rework/Big Gameplay update
    8. Improved Tutorials
    9. Shop Changes
    10. Group Finder Update

Oh and I've been a busy bee writing articles if you'd like to check up on that.

Also, according to some leaks that were posted apparently we're getting Hanzo, Firebat, and Alexstraza tomorrow
    Is that list actually things you have indications will be there, or just things you are hoping will be there?

11. - Top - End - #1031

Planetar

It's a bit of a mix to be honest. I explain a bit more in the article, but top 5 is pretty solidly things I have reasons for, while bottom 5 are much more speculative in their nature

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

Forgive my ignorance, but what's API?
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

13. - Top - End - #1033

Planetar

Application Programming Interface. Basically, a way for people to "hook in" to a system you've built to grab data that they can come up with their own methods of display.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

Welp, at least two new heroes are confirmed from Reddit...
    So yeah. your wrong.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp, at least two new heroes are confirmed from Reddit...
    Link? For those of us who don't trawl Reddit on the regular.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

Haters gonna hate.

Though I actually already had the two epic skins in different colours.
    Last edited by GolemsVoice; 2017-11-03 at 12:10 PM.

My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, someone needs to either pay up for the new hosting plan or try something else.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Damn, I forgot, does that work?

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    Link? For those of us who don't trawl Reddit on the regular.
    Didn't want to spoil.

https://m.imgur.com/r/wow/0mvEnAo
    So yeah. your wrong.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice. I played Varian the other day for the first time, and man is the two-sword style fun. I love diving with it.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

Yugo-waka-teki-screw you. Oh boy, not looking forward to that one. Alextrasza, now that's a hero I wanted a long time. Any word on her skills?

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    Nice. I played Varian the other day for the first time, and man is the two-sword style fun. I love diving with it.
    Sadly that style isn't used much.
    Most people go taunt because he's the strongest with a very good engage.
    Some go Twin Blades because they like Sonya but they think waiting 20 levels for Ignore Pain is way too long.

GYAAAAARGH! Varian is certainly fun to play, and frankly terrifying to face. In a coordinated team his engage pretty much spells the death of anyone with a point and click.

Regarding the new heroes... reveal should ne in less than 24 hours, no point in speculating. :)
    I heard things about swapping between assassin and support (deagon/human), I've heard about Fireball making it in the game (although I'd be SO much happier with a Hellbat!!!)
    So yeah. your wrong.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    Yugo-waka-teki-screw you. Oh boy, not looking forward to that one. Alextrasza, now that's a hero I wanted a long time. Any word on her skills?
    She's a ranged support (looks like aoe healing with a moderate delay) who can go full dragon, which looks awesome.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Planetar

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/...#dragons-event

So far I'm 2/10 on predictions, with more possible to be announced at the "what's next" panel in 4 hours. I do think I struck out on the hero role changes unfortunately

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

Sadly that style isn't used much.
    Most people go taunt because he's the strongest with a very good engage.
    Some go Twin Blades because they like Sonya but they think waiting 20 levels for Ignore Pain is way too long.

GYAAAAARGH! Varian is certainly fun to play, and frankly terrifying to face. In a coordinated team his engage pretty much spells the death of anyone with a point and click.

Regarding the new heroes... reveal should ne in less than 24 hours, no point in speculating. :)
    I heard things about swapping between assassin and support (deagon/human), I've heard about Fireball making it in the game (although I'd be SO much happier with a Hellbat!!!)
    I usually went Taunt while playing him to level 5 because I was usually solo tank.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    I usually went Taunt while playing him to level 5 because I was usually solo tank.
    I think taunt is what people typically grab him for, with Colossus Smash being the second pick for the burst. Twin blades doesn't really offer anything that another more specialized hero doesn't do better now.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

Hooray, I've been playing this game a lot again. Acquired all heroes below 10,000 gold. Reached Level 5 on Malthael, discovered I am awful at Malthael. Still need to work on Ana.

Then I decided to play Kael'Thas and somehow did well. Won three games in a row without feeding. Sucesfully resisted the temptation to go Pyroblast. I kind of wish Mana Addict was part of his base kit because it is cool and would help with his mana later in the game.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Troll in the Playground

Ana is shaping up to being one of my favourite healers, though she is really tricky and requires teammates to be mindful of positioning, because otherwise some teammates become more or less unhealable if blocked.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

Played Ana with a Samuro ally. Horrible experience xD.

Overall I'm rather optimistic about the changes they discussed so far. Not sure on that performance based MMR, I can see a TON of ways it could backfire.

Will post with more detail when I have time
    So yeah. your wrong.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Thoughts on Murky's level 1 talents:

Decoy Eggs: The power to deploy decoy eggs is not the real strength of this talent. The real strength is that you're granted stealth after respawning, allowing you to place your eggs on the front line and then mercilessly force enemies to kill you again and again. The decoy eggs just help make your dangerously-close egg a little safer. Overall, this is my least favorite talent, but there are certain maps where being able to contest a point is very useful. I'd consider taking it on maps like Spooky Cannons or Sand Lasers.

Vision Egg: This gives a BIG vision radius, and it's truesight. This is like Tassadar's oracle power, except permanent. When you're on a map like Immortal Showdown, Russia Robots, or Zergling Rush, having vision of half the map around the control point is a great power move. Many enemies heroes hate being visible, and allied heroes like Sgt. Hammer become dramatically more powerful when they're never denied vision.

Bribery: This is a really good talent because mercenaries are good and killing minions with your pufferfish is what you love doing. It's my default.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED