New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Seven Isles [IC]

"We've already eaten supper, and there was nothing left over," Joveta replies. "We don't keep food in the temple itself."
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Hildegarde smiles. That's much less of a disaster than she'd expected. "Oh - a curiosity, if you don't mind. I spotted a shrine on the way here, littered with prepared animal pelts and shattered bones. I was unable to identify most of it, but there were splatters of blood. Might you be able to shed some light on the matter?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds like a tribal ritual sacrifice," Joveta says. "They're fairly common - offerings of animals and small talismans are what the tribespeople think are needed to keep the gods happy, and they seek their favor by more lavishly preparing their sacrifices."

4. - Top - End - #244

"I also encountered a creature with a ruffled mane - on all fours, pale coat. Feline." Hildegarde describes to the woman. "I was unaware of its potential significance, so I avoided it for the time being. Are they particularly common?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

"A lion," the priestess says with a nod. "I wouldn't say they're common, but they seem to live here in small numbers. It's odd, of course, to see beasts of myth and legend stalk the land and be considered normal, but that's all they are as far as we can tell."

6. - Top - End - #246

"It didn't seem to respond to any attempts at communication, so I concur." Hildegarde nods.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

"If there's nothing else you'd like to discuss right away, I would think now is a good time to get some rest," Joveta says. "Especially if you've spent the entire day traveling."

8. - Top - End - #248

"You're right. Thank you for your hospitality." Hildegarde agrees, saying goodnight to the woman before she's left alone in the room. She hangs a makeshift chime of bolts on the handle of the door, should anybody decide to visit her, and goes to sleep.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Hildegarde's contraption stays silent all night, and she wakes up to light spilling in through a shuttered window. Outside she can hear a bell ringing in the distance, soft due to distance and at regular intervals but still clearly audible. There's a shuffling from the other side of her door, followed by a brief knock.

10. - Top - End - #250

Hildegarde reclaims her makeshift chimes and tucks it into the pocket of her newly-restored outfit, sans white cloak, before answering the door.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Standing on the other side of the door is a human woman, clad only in the simple attire of those preparing to give blood - a white blouse and loose-fitting pants. Because of Hildegarde's stature, however, before she can look into the eyes or appraise the hands of the one in front of her, she finds herself looking at her chest; easily large enough to be eye-catching on its own, and no doubt making anything made for its owner difficult for those without similar endowments to fill. The woman's face has a familiar look, her short hair dark and eyes a stony blue. It takes a moment, but Hildegarde recognizes her - Fastrada, without the hood and armor concealing her, and with a figure unlike the hard body that most warriors would have under their armor.

"Good morning," she says with a nod. "We're eating, before I offer today."

12. - Top - End - #252

"Good morning." Hildegarde greets the woman with a polite smile. "I'd be honored to join you, if that is what you're offering." If not, it must be a particularly odd method of delivering local news to their guests.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

"It is," Fastrada replies, and begins to turn before pausing. "Joveta wanted me to tell you something, before we joined them. 'More than professional', she said," she says before shrugging. "It's this way," she finishes and begins to lead the way.

14. - Top - End - #254

Hildegarde listens to the message and stays silent as she tries to understand it, then frowns ever so slightly. "Thank you for passing it along." She slinks up to beside the warrior. "Would it be rude to wear armor to the breakfast table, here?"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

"No," Fastrada says with a shake of her head. "The huntresses and warriors we have often stay in their armor when they eat," she explains. After a brief bit of walking through the corridors of the temple, she opens another door and enters a room dominated by a large table. As the door opens, a pair of women pass out of view, another door closing behind them, half cutting off a few words from one of those now out of view - "unless she gets lost in them" are the words.

Joveta is the only one at the table, and shakes her head, smiling, before noticing the new arrivals. "Good morning," she says, spreading her arms towards the two open chairs at the table with plates and mugs at them. "I hope you slept well - both of you," she continues, and Fastrada nods, taking her place at the table silently.

16. - Top - End - #256

Hildegarde takes a seat beside Fastrada at the large table and smiles at Joveta. "It was welcome after a few days of traversing the wilderness." She peers into the mugs and at the plates, silently comparing them to those she was used to before catching herself. It isn't proper to compare them - and utterly pointless, all things considered. "What will we be eating/"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

"The soup is some meat and vegetables," Joveta says. "Dipping the bread into it, of course. These loaves are especially good for it," she continues, as Fastrada begins to eat, quickly consuming several large bites while remaining composed.

18. - Top - End - #258

Hildegarde attempts to eat the soup and bread with as much dignity as one can - she'd always found it to be a particularly messy food, normally involving either slurping or dripping all over one's front. She takes note of Fastrada's rapid pace, and assumes that it must be because she doesn't enjoy spending a great deal of time with the others.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Before long, Fastrada goes through two servings of the soup and bread, quietly excusing herself as Joveta slowly continues her own meal and disappearing through the same door the other two women left through.

"As you can see, she isn't the best company around new people," Joveta says a few moments later, looking over to the door quietly, a thoughtful expression on her face for a moment before she smiles. "Given your height, I imagine she gave you an eyeful this morning when she came to get you for breakfast."

20. - Top - End - #260

Hildegarde puts down her spoon and nods. "It is a frequent enough occurrence that I've learned to pace myself in passing through doors." She admits, then looks up at Joveta. "Is she aware that her figure is a frequent topic of conversation among her peers?"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

"She is," Joveta says with a nod. "Though not all too common. Whenever she meets someone new, there's always a round of comments on how they act once her armor is off, and of course someone like yourself results in jokes about losing yourself in...well, you know," she shrugs. "I've spoken with her about it, and she doesn't mind. Apparently, she likes knowing people talk about her, and she comes to me often to find out what they're saying."

22. - Top - End - #262

Hildegarde nods slowly and takes in the information. It's an unusual situation, but she supposes it wouldn't hurt if the woman herself enjoys the comments. "In that case, feel free to mention I said something complimentary."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

"Something complimentary?" Joveta asks, raising an eyebrow. "Are you saying I should spin a yarn? I wouldn't recommend letting me put words in your mouth."

24. - Top - End - #264

"If I had the ability to discuss topics candidly, and without causing offense, my weapons would be words instead of bows." Hildegarde replies. "...but perhaps it would be best to inform me of the yarn you'd spin."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

"As far as I know, half the point of talking about those who aren't present is in being able to say things without worry about offense," Joveta replies, raising an eyebrow. "As for the yarn, well, that would depend on how mischievous I felt. I could tell her something innocent, like that you felt she was very concentrated on her work, or very dependable. Or I could tell her something else, maybe that you've asked me how to seduce her because you're overcome by lust after seeing her this morning," she continues, and shrugs. "Telling me to tell her you said something complimentary puts that all in my hands."

26. - Top - End - #266

Hildegarde folds her hands beneath her chin and rests it there, pondering for a few moments. "Does the latter tend to succeed?"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Joveta studies Hildegarde for a moment, a grin spreading across her face. "It might. I can speak with her later, and see how she feels about you. So far you've made a good impression on me, so I can help you. I am rather sympathetic - I'm not stranger to her charms, myself."

28. - Top - End - #268

Hildegarde nods briefly. "Along with the room, food, and agreeing to send a Priestess to Rosalund, I can't help but feel indebted." She admits. "Is there some way you could make use of my skills, as recompense? I'm a Hunter through and through, specializing in skirmishing and shadows."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

"A fully-trained huntress is always helpful," Joveta replies with a nod. "Though we're mostly safe, we are occasionally harassed by a few of the bolder beasts of these parts. We have enough men and women to defend ourselves, but not enough to send a hunting party out for a dangerous beast and keep ourselves protected," she explains. "If you can track down and kill it, that would be a load off everyone's shoulders."

30. - Top - End - #270

"Give me its name, and any information you have on the kind of beast it is, and I shall attempt to slay it." Hildegarde replies.