New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Lackadaisy

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Lackadaisy

I just found this 'lil gem linked on another page. It is an anthro comic featuring cats instead of people in a prohibition era America. The story revolves around a motley crew working at a run-down speakeasy.

I'm not a huge art fan but by golly! I was totally blown away by the attention to detail in this one. If you check it out, look at how she draws the paws! Instead of drawing fingers the artist goes to great lengths trying to keep them as paw-like as possible.
    Everything about the setting, dialogue/language and small details just screams late 20's. There is some quality research done for this comic. Except for an unfortunate anachronism involving a Zoot suit in the first few pages.

I can't imagine how I missed this for so long. hope you guys enjoy it if you haven't seen it yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lackadaisy

Yeah, I love Lackadaisy as well. :) And the artist in general. I'm gonna have to say that I love her expressions best, besides the mind-boggling detail... ^^ However, the updates are rather rare and one should keep in mind that starting to watch the comic is more like watching a high-quality art gallery that updates every few weeks at best.
    *Above post: Additional terms and restrictions may apply.
    My old OotS fanart
    My art on Instagram

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lackadaisy

It's updating again? Huzzah! It has a soft spot with me, what with the autistic Dragon.