1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default [3.5 Monster] The Unseen Bounder (or Chameleroo)

A silly homebrew mount creature I'm working on for my homebrew campaign setting. First time I've made a creature, so I'd appreciate feedback. Also, any help determining CR would be appreciated.
    If you didn't already gather from the name, this thing is a chameleon-kangaroo hybrid. Inspired by this.

Unseen Bounder (or the Chameleroo)
    Size/Type: Large Magical Beast (Augmented Animal) (Mutant)
    Hit Dice: 3d10+6 (22 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 50
    Armor Class: 14, touch 10, flat-footed 13 (-1 size, +1 dex, +4 natural)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+10
    Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d6+2) or tongue +4 melee touch
    Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d6+2)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Tongue
    Special Qualities: Low-light vision, Darkvision 60 feet, Blend
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 15, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 16
    Skills: Jump +13, Hide +0
    Feats: Endurance, Runner
    Enviroment: Temperate plains
    Organization: Domesticated
    Challange Rating: 3

Special Attacks
    Tongue: An unseen bounder's tongue is a primary attack with 15 feet reach. An unseen bounder's tongue deals no damage on a hit, but the target is automatically grappled by the unseen bounder on a hit. The unseen bounder can not deal damage by grabbing in this way, but it can make an opposed grapple check to pull the grappled gather 5 feet closer. An unseen bounder does not gain the grappled condition while using its tongue in this manner.

Special Qualities
    Blend (Su): Three times per day, as a standard action, an unseen bounder can cause it's hide to take on the hue of it's surroundings for a number of rounds equal to its Hit Dice. This gives the unseen bounder a +6 circumstance bonus to Hide, and the ability to hide while being observed.
    Domesticated: An unseen bounder is treated as an Animal for the purposes of Handle Animal and other skills.
    Last edited by SovelsAtaask; 2016-01-18 at 06:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: [3.5 Monster] The Unseen Bounder (or Chameleroo)

Link doesnít work. Feat is Run not Runner unless that is from a non-core book. Otherwise, itís not bad just a bit bland.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread