1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: Legends Of Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Ups and Downs in this episode

Spoiler
    Show
    Everything not involving "20-30 year old men can't not ask a hot girl out because the male part of the race have no desires beyond get in a girls pants*" parts was good.

Also I think Rory is ultimately wrong about being happy in the bad future, Sure it will be super fun for a week but then after that where is the challenge? Sure he wants the world to burn..but in this timeline the future has already burned.

Edit : just hit the last bit of the episode, yep Jax and Ray did nothing to help the repairs..despite all the tinkering we saw them doing on screen. The Super Scientist that invented th ATOM suit and the Kid who is an engineering wiz did Aboslutely nothing to help..CAUSE GUYS ARE USELESS NEAR HOT WOMEN *headdesk*
    Spoiler: the guys
    Show
    lets not forget that Ray not only was married, but also got into Mrs Smoaks pants... he is not some kid asking out his first girlfriend... why or why are the 'social' abilities of all superheroes based on 13 year olds???

I am getting really pissed at the 'hero' of this show... if Rip needs to be told one more time "We don't leave people behind" I am done with the show....
    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trish- 3rd/5th battlemaster fighter/infernal sword warlock (5e D&D)
    Vesper-6th Gen Tremer (OwoD)
    Emerald Star- PL13 GL of Earth (Mutants and Masterminds DCU)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Ups and Downs in this episode

Spoiler
    Show
    Everything not involving "20-30 year old men can't not ask a hot girl out because the male part of the race have no desires beyond get in a girls pants*" parts was good.

Also I think Rory is ultimately wrong about being happy in the bad future, Sure it will be super fun for a week but then after that where is the challenge? Sure he wants the world to burn..but in this timeline the future has already burned.

Edit : just hit the last bit of the episode, yep Jax and Ray did nothing to help the repairs..despite all the tinkering we saw them doing on screen. The Super Scientist that invented th ATOM suit and the Kid who is an engineering wiz did Aboslutely nothing to help..CAUSE GUYS ARE USELESS NEAR HOT WOMEN *headdesk*
    Spoiler
    Show

In defense of the dumb idiots, it's not that they're useless near hot ladies it's that they wasted time with their stupid inadvertant **** measuring competition, thus ending up not actually doing the work they were supposed to do and would of done easily.

Also you're right about Rory. I think, and hope, that he comes to the realization that one, the future he was in was already burnt. No fun in setting fire to ash. And that...to continue to push this metaphor further, he'd get burnt out on the chaos.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly I kind of just want to see Fire Gun dude die. Yeah we've seen a little more out of him the last couple episodes, but he's still the most boring character of the bunch to me by a large margin. I just don't feel like his character creates the same sort of dynamic that the others do.

Also love triangles are bad, and I hope this particular one never resurfaces again after this episode. Though I will say that I really love Stein and Jay's dynamic, every time they interact I like both characters a little bit more. Stein trying to help Jay out with his love life was genuinely funny, I just wish those same beats could have been played somehow without involving Ray or Hawkgirl.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. seems this tread is mainly a forrest of spoiler blocks, is the show worth watching?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

In defense of the dumb idiots, it's not that they're useless near hot ladies it's that they wasted time with their stupid inadvertant **** measuring competition, thus ending up not actually doing the work they were supposed to do and would of done easily.

Also you're right about Rory. I think, and hope, that he comes to the realization that one, the future he was in was already burnt. No fun in setting fire to ash. And that...to continue to push this metaphor further, he'd get burnt out on the chaos.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Except they were useless because they were near a hot lady, and I would like to note that a Coffee Barista outworked a super scientist and a "really smart young guy who would be a super scientist if he got a scholarship" in repairing a TIME MACHINE FROM THE FUTURE.

Edit : It is pretty good Kaine, it is entertaining and fun when it is good but now and then it does something groantastic.
    Last edited by ryuplaneswalker; 2016-02-27 at 08:20 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well.. seems this tread is mainly a forrest of spoiler blocks, is the show worth watching?
    Truth be told the show's not perfect. Better then Arrow, worse then Flash. But something about how Legends is set up makes me feel like I'm watching some friends play a table top RPG and that makes me kind of take a different feel from the show that makes it just fun to watch. Most of the time, anyway.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

It's pretty easy to be better than this season of Arrow, which is a shame because that show had so much promise. Flash has been more frustrating for me this season, way too much comic book plotting.

I'd say not worth watching yet. Premise is a mess, characters aren't used well. We know the actors can do a good show and production quality is good, it's not a good bet that the writing will improve enough to be worth watching. Maybe if it does you can skip the couple of lackluster starting eps.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LokeyITP View Post
    I'd say not worth watching yet. Premise is a mess, characters aren't used well. We know the actors can do a good show and production quality is good, it's not a good bet that the writing will improve enough to be worth watching. Maybe if it does you can skip the couple of lackluster starting eps.
    It's worth noting that the show is already halfway over; it's only a 16-episode season. I don't think there's much chance of it changing dramatically from where it is now.

(For my part, I think the show is very corny and uneven, but it is basically fun.)

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

From what I heard the love triangle was the writers mocking the poorly written romance in the Flash and Arrow shows. Kendra shooting them down makes it seem it won't be brought up again.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Alright thanks, sound like i should at least give it a chance when i get the time.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Zmeoaice View Post
    From what I heard the love triangle was the writers mocking the poorly written romance in the Flash and Arrow shows. Kendra shooting them down makes it seem it won't be brought up again.
    If true I highly appreciate it because hoo boy, those are the weakest parts of those shows.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

While I haven't seen the last two episodes yet, my thoughts about the "convoluted - makes no sense - why is this here?" love triangle things, I assumed it was a CW requirement. Every CW drama I have watch has it (I am looking at you The 100) seems to have it. While I haven't watched every show on the CW, I just assumed that the CW requires soap opera type of relationships inserted into their shows, and I have to put up with these to see the rest of the show that I am enjoying. Unless I am not enjoying the show (again, I am looking at you 100), and I stop watching it.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Old RuneQuester View Post
    While I haven't seen the last two episodes yet, my thoughts about the "convoluted - makes no sense - why is this here?" love triangle things, I assumed it was a CW requirement. Every CW drama I have watch has it (I am looking at you The 100) seems to have it. While I haven't watched every show on the CW, I just assumed that the CW requires soap opera type of relationships inserted into their shows, and I have to put up with these to see the rest of the show that I am enjoying. Unless I am not enjoying the show (again, I am looking at you 100), and I stop watching it.
    My problem wasn't the love triangle, it was the two characters acting massively OOC for them to do it.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Truth be told the show's not perfect. Better then Arrow, worse then Flash. But something about how Legends is set up makes me feel like I'm watching some friends play a table top RPG and that makes me kind of take a different feel from the show that makes it just fun to watch. Most of the time, anyway.
    In general, I think any show that throws together it's protagonists in a way that reminds you about a D&D party forming isn't going to be winning any awards.

What makes this show fun is that they take their shoestring of a premise and run with it wholeheartedly with actors that can actually play their roles. There is nothing about a time traveling adventure with the not-Doctor and a random collection of minor characters ejected from Arrow and Flash to kill a forgettable, already killed, cross-over villain that creates the foundations for anything groundbreaking. It just happens that the cliche' stories are told with enough energy and heart that maybe, just maybe, there's an excuse somewhere there if you happen to like the show.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2016-02-29 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    In general, I think any show that throws together it's protagonists in a way that reminds you about a D&D party forming isn't going to be winning any awards.

What makes this show fun is that they take their shoestring of a premise and run with it wholeheartedly with actors that can actually play their roles. There is nothing about a time traveling adventure with the not-Doctor and a random collection of minor characters ejected from Arrow and Flash to kill a forgettable, already killed, cross-over villain that creates the foundations for anything groundbreaking. It just happens that the cliche' stories are told with enough energy and heart that maybe, just maybe, there's an excuse somewhere there if you happen to like the show.
    YEah I completely agree. The show's not even really GREAT, but I love watching people play tabletop games and that's what this is, full stop.

16. - Top - End - #166

New Episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    Time pirates! Some cheesy Star Trek references from the nerds of the group, some tension involving Heatwave, Martin getting to be a badass sci fi serial hero. Atom finally gets to use his suit again, even if it's just to fix the ship it seems.

We also get some interesting pathos from Cold, White Canary, and Ripp Hunter especially. It's pretty great, personally. Not the best but this was a pretty exciting episode.

Rory's betrayal was kind of expected, if sad. Heatwave's a cool guy, shame to see him go. The fight scene (really, all of them, but the one between Heatwave and Canary in particular) was quite good. We also got a Wilhelm Scream! They dooo seem to be shoehorning in a romance story and that's just...sigh. CW quality.

I...don't think Rory's dead mind you, but wow. What an ending?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Lots of easter eggs. Kan jar ro, and imperax stand out.
    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreD&Dgirl View Post
    Lots of easter eggs. Kan jar ro, and imperax stand out.
    I know jack all about DC comics please teach me.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initial thoughts:
    Crimany guys, you're having a secret affair. There's a time and place for necking in the open, and right outside your class is not either of those things.

Yep, Rory betrayed them. Definitely saw that coming. There's really no reason to have 2 fire guys on the team anyway. And it's not like anyone in the show treated him with an ounce of respect anyway. He has no purpose in the show, to make another comparison to a much better space thug, Jayne Cobb, was pretty distinctly the best brawler and sniper in Firefly, and was also, occasionally otherwise useful. What does Rory do except mess up the mission? Only one who messes up missions more than him is Palmer, and at least Palmer fixes the mission too. Rarely does Rory get to solve the weekly problem by just burning everyone.

Anyway, here's a solution to the Rory problem, how about you drop Rory off in 2065 or whenever that was? Done. You gave him his paradise, he can never hurt your family, he'll never mess up the mission.

Other than that it was an alright episode. Don't think they're gonna kill off Rory though, I'm actually interested to see where they go with it.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Stein and Palmer are my favorite characters of the show and seeing them geek out about spaceships was a treat.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Most Recent Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show

Not sure about it really - Rory has easily became my favourite character on the show.

He just seems the most human of all of them

Rip: Hey in a hundred and fifty years the world will be a worse place for me as my family will die - want to help at great personal risk and no reward?
    Rory: No.

Than do find out the reason Snart convinced him to join is a lie, and than that he was only invited to convince Snart - who as an adult man in his 40s can make his own decisions, I would be pissed also. And even than he didn't try to kill any of them - even offering Sara to walk away, and previously he saved Palmer when Snart would have left him, and he convinced Rip that the time masters were setting a trap for him.

He is a useful member of the team who has been given no respect and had his entire reason for coming (personal enrichment and fun) removed.

Than Cold doesn't think he can be dropped home ... because he might target families? It rings hollow - Rory doesn't really seem the kind do bother with that.
    Frankly I would love if Mrs. Rip Hunter is a descendant of his - just to screw with Rip for being a jackass, 'aha you have saved the future from Savage but the love of your life and son have never been born because you screwed with random people along the way with no thought to the consequences for them and those who they interacted with in the future'.

Separately:
    I am kindof wondering if the show might operate in something of a closed loop - Savage setup the time masters in the future to guarantee that Rip would go back in time to stop him so that he would get the idea to setup the time masters to secure his future.
    If Savage ultimately wins like this I will be happy enough.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The things is Rory was going to turn good, but his "boss" said not to fall for it. So it is really Snarts fault.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

I know jack all about DC comics please teach me.
    Imperix was from a big cross over around 2002ish... A super powerful probe came to earth and slamed the whole JL around pretty hard core. It was the probe of the galaxy killer known as Imperix, and when he declaired war on earth it took everything to beat him. Superman had to sun dip (go OP and gain even more god like power) and use some super power martial art just to hold it off...

Ken jar ro was an old JLA villain who became a GL villain, and funny enough was a space pirate.
    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

So this is also a spaceship, fine.

But why isn't there a single space suit in the entire ship?
    Sounds like a basic equipment for a ship that is capable of space travel.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    So this is also a spaceship, fine.

But why isn't there a single space suit in the entire ship?
    Sounds like a basic equipment for a ship that is capable of space travel.
    Maybe there is, but they are too stupid to look for it or ask?
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

OMG was that a good episode. Forget what I said about the show being a cliche'd romp, this one took the old cliche'd and cheese, made itself self-aware, and then took off into the completely unexpected!

Spoiler: The Awesome Zone
    Show
    Palmer geeking out and turning instantly into Buck Rogers had me on the floor!

my favorite line: "That'll teach you to mess with a nuclear physicist"

The Sara and Capt Cold scene and the whole bit with Rory really convinced me that Snart has true depth of personality, and may run away with the show.

Rory turning traitor, hatching a plan to prevent him and Snart from joining up in the first place (Incidently, isn't that sort of thing supposed to cause space-time to explode or something?), and having to "be taken care of" whatever is going to happen. Was not something I expected. Sure, it's understandable for him to join the Pirates, but defying his own limitations and Rip in the process really is telling me the show is not worrying about "going there" and off the usual formula.

This episode was solid, it was interesting, and it is leaving me in anticipation for the next one. Legends of Tomorrow has defyed my expectations, and I am starting to think this can be a legitimate be not just a good show, but a great one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The last 2 episodes were bugging me and I just figured out why. Firestorm could have solved the problems with minimal effort. Did they run out of SFX budget or did they just write themselves in a corner with a character that's too far above the rest of the party's power level? Personally I think it's the SFX. The Atom is also underused, as is Shiera. The only visual effects we see are the cold and fire guns, and they only throw people around like they shoot force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    The last 2 episodes were bugging me and I just figured out why. Firestorm could have solved the problems with minimal effort. Did they run out of SFX budget or did they just write themselves in a corner with a character that's too far above the rest of the party's power level? Personally I think it's the SFX. The Atom is also underused, as is Shiera. The only visual effects we see are the cold and fire guns, and they only throw people around like they shoot force.
    There's a very...lets say "explode-y" reason why using a nuclear powered fire dude in THE DEPTHS OF SPAAAAACE would have problems. The other problem is that at the end of the day yeah Firestorm is probably a little to strong, and in an ensemble cast you've gotta balance this stuff out. I cannot think of a way to solve this, unfortunately.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Isn't Firestorm essentially bulletproof? He could just walk up to the pirates and punch them. I don't know how to fix it either mind you. It's a challenge to make "guy with laser revolver", "girl who punches good" and "guy with fancy gun" not look like chumps compared to "walking nuclear reaction", "superpowered flying girl" and "slightly fragile Iron man with neat tricks".
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a very...lets say "explode-y" reason why using a nuclear powered fire dude in THE DEPTHS OF SPAAAAACE would have problems. The other problem is that at the end of the day yeah Firestorm is probably a little to strong, and in an ensemble cast you've gotta balance this stuff out. I cannot think of a way to solve this, unfortunately.

Easy. Have a rotating cast. I can't be the only one that thought Rory should have stayed in 2047 and had Conner hop on the ship with them. They could pick up and drop off heroes like the Exiles comic.