New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Domains And Domain Feats

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I did get generally decent teachers otherwise. I have a really happy and funny orchestra director, an eccentric Comp Sci teacher who could probably compete for 'Most Interesting Man in the World' and place in at least the top 10 candidates. He's also I believe the oldest teacher on the campus. My chem teacher is my brother's, but she's more neutral and my Alg 2 teacher is generally neutral as well. Not very strict on class rules, but it's Alg 2 and I can't math.
    Good teachers can make a course so much better! I had an English 101 professor who would get pissed if people asked if they missed any content when missing a class. If they asked her if they missed anything important she'd just say "No. We just **** around and looked at pictures of cats all day!" It was kind of hilarious and I loved her.
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

So I'm almost out of ideas as to who to make. I have vague ideas for 1 person from the perma list, and then there's Illyahr, who already has one, Zaydos, and ZAYDOS but both of those feel wrong somehow. Anyone got suggestions/attempts to stir creativity?
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

When I need inspiration, I look to the massive flying squirrel grappling death ball.

edit: please note the squirrels are flying squirrels, the death ball is not flying.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-01-27 at 12:30 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    When I need inspiration, I look to the massive flying squirrel grappling death ball.

edit: please note the squirrels are flying squirrels, the death ball is not flying.

You can't be normal, because I am normal and nobody acts like me.

Nothing computes! Nothing!

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

I sense a hint of disbelief in those words, Zaydos. You should have more faith in your entity NeoPhoenix0. I hear they are pretty normal and not insane/eccentric/abnormal at all. I mean they don't even think about the flying death ball, for that would be crazy talk, only death balls made of flying squirrels.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-01-27 at 01:03 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Familiar Domain (Fearan)
    Cool. I like. Though, Familiar shapechange spell is kinda weird - you can just share the regular shapechange with your familiar. And you can share this with yourself
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

I sense a hint of disbelief in those words, Zaydos. You should have more faith in your entity NeoPhoenix0. I hear they are pretty normal and not insane/eccentric/abnormal at all. I mean they don't even think about the flying death ball, for that would be crazy talk, only death balls made of flying squirrels.
    No, no, no I believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearan View Post
    Cool. I like. Though, Familiar shapechange spell is kinda weird - you can just share the regular shapechange with your familiar. And you can share this with yourself
    Two key things to note: 1) Shapechange isn't a cleric spell

2) You can't share Familiar Shapechange with yourself since Share Spells only works on spells you cast on yourself or allows you to cast personal spells on your familiar like they were you. That's why the official spell Heal Animal Companion works. So Familiar Shapechange is a worse Shapechange because with Shapechange you can share it with your familiar to get double power, where with Familiar Shapechange it's limited to only your familiar. The power disparity grows larger if you have multiple familiars (Dragon Magazine, I want to say it was one of the 280s, Extra Familiar feat), or an animal companion as well as a familiar (gestalt druid) because since you aren't casting it on yourself, but instead on touched familiar, you can't share it with them as well. That said even with that limitation imposed Shapechange is still a powerful spell even if not on yourself. I thought about making it 8th level (and adding it to the Wizard list) and making the 8th level one 9th, but Shapechange is powerful enough that'd probably still be broken.

I LIKE FAMILIARS.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-27 at 01:32 AM.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

No, no, no I believe you.

Now Zaydos, that backing away thing you're doing makes people think you don't entirely trust them and in turn don't believe them. You should work on that.

Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #279
    Firbolg in the Playground

Indeed. You can trust HIM.

Surely.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Delusion Domain (Atemu1234)

Granted Power: You may lose yourself in absolute delusion ignoring an effect. 1/day as an immediate action you may automatically pass a saving throw as if you had mettle and evasion. If you do so reality catches up with you slightly 1 minute later and you suffer damage equal to the CL of the effect (if any) or the source’s hit dice; if it has neither you suffer 1 damage.

Domain Spells:
    1. Conviction
    2. Delusions of GrandeurSpC
    3. Create Cake and Milk Vertigo FieldPHBII
    4. Confusion
    5. Friend to FoePHBII
    6. Heroes’ Feast (all food created is cake) Mislead
    7. SolipsismSpC
    8. (Otto’s) Irresistible Dance
    9. Weird

Delusion Devotion
    You are absolutely devoted to your delusions of grandeur.
    Benefit: 1/day as a swift action you can reject reality and replace it with your own. You gain a +2 morale bonus to one ability score, this increases to +4 at 6th level, +6 at 12th, and +8 at 18th.
    Special: You can select this feat multiple times, gaining one additional daily use each time you take it.
    Special: If you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead, you gain one additional daily use of this feat for each three daily turn or rebuke uses you expend.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-27 at 10:09 AM.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #281

As basically everyone has been addressed in this thread you could always request a new thread from our benevolent overlordz.

GitP Regulars as Golems (not as Constructs mind but as true Golems).
    Or at least as Golem magic immunities. :)
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2016-01-27 at 02:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Colossus in the Playground

Or monsters in general.

Has that been done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

[/CENTER]

Now Zaydos, that backing away thing you're doing makes people think you don't entirely trust them and in turn don't believe them. You should work on that.
    Why wouldn't I trust you? I mean... look over there!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    -snip the image-
    Surely.
    Which one can be trusted? Also I make it a rule not to trust anyone in a Zeon uniform... or an Earth Federation uniform... or really any Gundam character even the ones that mean well will end up getting you shot by an MS.

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    As basically everyone has been addressed in this thread you could always request a new thread from our benevolent overlordz.

GitP Regulars as Golems (not as Constructs mind but as true Golems).
    Or at least as Golem magic immunities. :)
    Constructs would be much more fun than golems. I mean I like golems, but it's overly restrictive. The magic immunities alone would be better but I'd still say constructs, could make a Justice Golem out of LP, and some sort of Chaos Engine out of Neo.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Surely.
    Those... HANDS... I think I understand Gundam now, for those hands have somehow filled me with the desire to destroy zeon, minus the k-girl.

Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Communal Domain (spikeof2010)

Granted Power: You may aid another as a swift action from up to 5 ft away + 5 ft/2 cleric levels.

Domain Spells:
    1. Bless
    2. Heroics
    3. Prayer
    4. Aligned AuraCC
    5. Righteous Wrath of the FaithfulSpC
    6. Healing CircleCC
    7. Animalistic Power, MassPHBII
    8. War Circle (see below)
    9. Mass Heal

Spoiler: War Circle
    Show
    War Circle
    Divination
    Level: Communal 8.
    Components: V
    Casting Time: Standard action.
    Range: Personal.
    Target: You.
    Duration: 10 minutes/caster level.

Military insight and warrior thoughts seem to flow from your mind whispering into the thoughts of your allies.

By casting this spell, you create an aura of military prowess upon which your allies can draw to aid their attack. The spell has five charges when cast. Once per round as part of an attack, a single allied creature within 30 feet can drain one charge from the war circle. The first charge so drained grants the creature a +20 insight bonus to their attack roll and a +10 bonus to weapon damage with the attack, the second grants the creature a +16 insight bonus to their attack roll and a +8 bonus to weapon damage with the attack, the third grants the creature a +12 insight bonus to their attack roll and a +6 bonus to weapon damage with the attack, the fourth grants the creature a +8 insight bonus to their attack roll and a +4 bonus to weapon damage with the attack, and the final charge grants the creature a +4 insight bonus to their attack roll and a +2 bonus to weapon damage with the attack.

Communal Devotion:
    The Many are Stronger than the One.
    Benefit: When using Aid Another you grant a +4 bonus if you have 8 or more ranks in the skill or +5 or higher BAB. This increases to +6 if you have 16 or more ranks in the skill, or +12 or higher BAB if aiding an attack roll or AC, and to +8 if you have 23 or more ranks in the skill or +20 or higher BAB.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #286

Those... HANDS... I think I understand Gundam now, for those hands have somehow filled me with the desire to destroy zeon, minus the k-girl.
    If it makes you feel any better;
    Spoiler: I have not been giving...
    Show

Spoiler: ...that guy...
    Show

Spoiler: ...a good time.
    Show

Although thinking in-universe, between antagonizing the protagonists of the third season by kidnapping/stalking people, attempting a coup against the incumbent leader at the silliest possible time, and using Axis's residential module as a weapon of mass destruction against the Core Three colony, Mr Creepy Hands probably did more damage to Zeon than anyone since Amuro.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Although thinking in-universe, between antagonizing the protagonists of the third season by kidnapping/stalking people, attempting a coup against the incumbent leader at the silliest possible time, and using Axis's residential module as a weapon of mass destruction against the Core Three colony, Mr Creepy Hands probably did more damage to Zeon than anyone since Amuro.
    Then I can kill him and several others by awarding him a medal that contains a mini-antimatter bomb.

it will simply blow up whenever the battery dies.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-01-27 at 06:16 AM.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #288

But then what will happen to his Loli harem of disturbingly proto-evangelion cloned supersoldiers?

I so wish I hadn't had to use the phrase "Loli harem".

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Like I always say there are no casualties only bonus kills.

Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #290

FINE. Just make sure we have one of them survive to grow up and become Marida.

And don't have your bomb go off too early or else Haman wins and then we're ALL stuck wearing spiffy uniforms and saluting an evil redhead who colours her killer robot white and pink just to be ironic.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Personaly i promote him to zeon high command and prepare some popcorn

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Personaly i promote him to zeon high command and prepare some popcorn
    Yes; yes. That's exactly what happened. As per K-girl's comment from months ago:

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Granted Power: You may lose yourself in absolute delusion ignoring an effect. 1/day as an immediate action you may automatically pass a saving throw as if you had mettle and evasion. If you do so reality catches up with you slightly 1 minute later and you suffer damage equal to the CL of the effect (if any) or the source’s hit dice; if it has neither you suffer 1 damage.

Domain Spells:
    1. Conviction
    4. Confusion
    5. Friend to FoePHBII
    7. SolipsismSpC
    9. Weird

Delusion Devotion
    Benefit: 1/day as a swift action you can reject reality and replace it with your own. You gain a +2 madness bonus to one ability score, this increases to +4 at 6th level, +6 at 12th, and +8 at 18th.
    Special: You can select this feat multiple times, gaining one additional daily use each time you take it.
    Special: If you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead, you gain one additional daily use of this feat for each three daily turn or rebuke uses you expend.
    I don't feel like I deserve an entirely new bonus type; maybe it should just be a luck bonus?

Either way, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    I don't feel like I deserve an entirely new bonus type; maybe it should just be a luck bonus?

Either way, thank you.
    Since it's a psychological effect really it should be morale, or since it's a devotion feat sacred/profane is the standard, which is important in that there are on occasion/in PF morale bonuses to ability scores, but I don't think Luck ones.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #295

Constructs would be much more fun than golems. I mean I like golems, but it's overly restrictive. The magic immunities alone would be better but I'd still say constructs, could make a Justice Golem out of LP, and some sort of Chaos Engine out of Neo.
    I need these for... reasons.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Domain Spells:
    1. Conviction
    4. Confusion
    5. Friend to FoePHBII
    7. SolipsismSpC
    9. Weird

Delusion Devotion
    Benefit: 1/day as a swift action you can reject reality and replace it with your own. You gain a +2 morale bonus to one ability score, this increases to +4 at 6th level, +6 at 12th, and +8 at 18th.
    The cake is a lie!

Sheesh, I'm gone for a couple days and five pages get added. I'm assuming this is your doing, Zaydos. So much content takes a while to catch up on.

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I need these for... reasons.
    According to Dante, Justice is the most malleable of the Cardinal Virtues. Does this mean a Justice Golem would be able to alter its shape for different attack modes?
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-01-27 at 10:32 AM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Troubadour Domain (Illyahr)

Granted Power: You add Perform to your cleric class skill list. You gain a +4 sacred (if your deity is good or neutral) or profane (if your deity is evil) bonus to Perform checks.

Domain Spells:
    1. Endure Elements
    2. Friendly Traveler (see below)
    3. Battle HymnSpC
    4. Psalm of Power (see below)
    5. Song of Discord
    6. Heroes’ Feast
    7. DirgeSpC
    8. Charm Monster, Mass
    9. Song of the Banshee (see below)

Spoiler: Friendly Traveler
    Show
    Friendly Traveler
    Illusion (Glamer)
    Level: Bard 2, Troubadour 2
    Components: V, S,
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
    You subtly change your appearance so that it seems warmly open and friendly to the viewer. You gain a +5 circumstance bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks made to influence or gain information from creatures with Intelligence scores of 3 or higher, as long as those creatures aren't already hostile toward you (as with the Friendly Face spell). In addition you may make rushed diplomacy checks against such creatures at no penalty and may make Gather Information checks by spending merely 1d6 x 10 minutes instead of 1d4+1 hours.

This spell does not alter your appearance in any significant way, and thus provides no bonus on Disguise checks.

Spoiler: Psalm of Power
    Show
    Psalm of Power
    Evocation [Good, Sonic]
    Level: Troubadour 5,
    Components: V, S,
    Range: 50 ft.
    Area: 50-ft.-radius emanation centered on you
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    You begin a song of praise, a religious psalm to your god and its divine allies.
    You can strike up a rousing, inspirational song that temporarily boosts by 2 the effective caster level of each divine spellcaster whose alignment matches your god’s within range, and by 1 each divine spellcaster who is within 1 step of you god’s alignment (matches in 1 axis does not oppose in the other). This increase does not grant access to additional spells, but it does improve all spell effects that are dependent on caster level. In addition within the spell's area, each character whose alignment matches your god’s gains a +4 sacred bonus on Charisma checks to turn undead and a +4 profane bonus on Charisma checks to rebuke undead, and those who are within 1 step of your god’s alignment gain a +2 on such checks.

Spoiler: Song of the Banshee
    Show
    Song of the Banshee
    Necromancy [Death]
    Level: Troubadour 9
    Components: V, DF
    Range: 30 ft.
    Target: 1 living creature/round
    Duration: Concentration up to 1 minute/caster level
    Saving Throw: Fort partial
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    You begin to sing a melancholy song that is of an unsurpassed and haunting beauty, a beauty which speaks not to the mind but the heart itself, a beauty that stops the heart cold
    While this spell is active, each round you may choose a creature to sing to. That creature must make a Fortitude save or die, even if they should successfully save they suffer a negative level and 3d6 damage. You may target the same creature on multiple rounds if it does not die, however you only check a creature’s Spell Resistance once, if it successfully blocks this spell that casting of this spell can do nothing more to that creature.

Troubadour Devotion:
    You are devoted to the life of the traveling minstrel, friend to all and perfect traveling companion whose songs of joy uplift the soul on long journeys.
    Prerequisites: Perform (any) 5 ranks.
    Benefit: You may make a Diplomacy or Perform check (DC 15) to beseech food and lodging from any who have it to offer, gaining a meal and place to stay for free with nothing more than a song and a request, this DC increases by 2 for each additional creature up to your Charisma modifier you request such for; this is a supernatural mind-affecting effect. In addition you may play a traveling song when hustling or forced marching which causes time spent doing either to be considered to be halved for the purposes of the limits on such travel; you could hustle for 2 hours before taking damage and only take damage per 2 hours thereafter, and you could force march for 2 hours beyond the regular 8 before first making your save and the save would increase every 2 additional hours instead of 1.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-27 at 10:38 AM.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #298

It's a flavor thing mostly. Much like the difference between a thread about True Dragons and a thread about creatures that happen to have the Dragon type.
    Ultimately both would be best eventually but if I had to choose I know which I'd rather see succeed.

As for a LP golem... makes me wonder what the divine equivalent is to the Retriever.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

It's a flavor thing mostly. Much like the difference between a thread about True Dragons and a thread about creatures that happen to have the Dragon type.
    Ultimately both would be best eventually but if I had to choose I know which I'd rather see succeed.

As for a LP golem... makes me wonder what the divine equivalent is to the Retriever.
    now that is something hug able beware the smiting bite

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

As a note I am strongly against a True Dragon thread too, even while I think that's actually a whole lot less restrictive than a golem one.

Partially for the restrictive-ness problem, (though I'd support as Demon Princes, i.e. Abyssal archfiends which is more restrictive than true dragons) and partially because TOO MANY DRAGONS.

Though come to think of it what really needs expansion is the lesser unique Devils. I mean there's supposed to be a host of Baatezu nobility which serve the Lords of the Nine. The stats for the LotN are for their aspects only, mere avatars (hence Bel is not strictly speaking a Pit Fiend++ which is what he is in the lore), so we'd have to decide if we wanted to stat out full forms (I mean they're supposed to be a magnitude of power weaker, so CR 21-30 creatures, potentially even CR 17-20, would be potentially appropriate for true forms lore wise) or just aspects which would free us up for a whole lot of lower CRs.

Current Projects: