Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Confessions

The Barbie thing reminds me of a commercial or something I saw on TV ages ago. Google funniest commercials Barbie and it's like the first YouTube result.

My confession: I often set out to post something pithy, but start to ramble and get overly wordy. Usually I end up scrapping the whole thing and just not posting anything.
    Last edited by Winter_Wolf; 2016-04-19 at 10:10 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    My confession: I often set out to post something pithy, but start to ramble and get overly wordy. Usually I end up scrapping the whole thing and just not posting anything.
    I quote thee. Same thing over here. I start thinking about what I am writing, and grammar and lexicon, and whether the concepts make sense, and there could be a way to say it in a better way, and I wonder if I would read it, and so on, in the end I am more curious about what I should put in the post than I care about posting the thing, and, in the end, what was supposed to be a forum post turns into an interior dialogue.

I once gave the lowest evaluation to an Amazon book supposed to say useful things to screenwriters because it had an it's instead of its in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

For the longest time, I didn't like stuffing
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

I am puzzled by the appeal of the anime One Punch Man. I watched a couple of episodes and I truly cannot understand why it's so popular. I understand perfectly well what's going on (how he wanted so badly to be a superhero and there's no joy in it because he always wins so easily), I just... don't see why that's appealing to anyone.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

It does often feel like One Punch Line, doesn't it? Great production values are probably the majority of the appeal. Some of the other characters are also pretty entertaining.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

I have never watched One Punch Man
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    It does often feel like One Punch Line, doesn't it? Great production values are probably the majority of the appeal. Some of the other characters are also pretty entertaining.
    Ooh, I like that! I've been calling it One Joke Man, but I think One Punch Line is even better.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

I read One Punch Man before the Anime made it "cool".

I had a discussion with a friend of mine about the respective comics we read, and I just bluntly couldn't see the appeal (aside from intellectual stimulation I suppose) in the comics he read while the comics I read were all "gimmicky" to him, which is to say it was trope following on one degree or another. On one hand I agree, but another part of it is that I really liked the art styles or the artistic directions of the comics I read as well.

That said, I think a lot of people like One Punch because the gimmick is stupid, but funny at the same time. I also personally really empathize with Saitama's laid back attitude about, like, everything.

Also, I've never watched One Punch Man: The Anime. I'm a Manga Hipster Traditionalist like that. So sue me. :smallsmirk:
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Ooh, I like that! I've been calling it One Joke Man, but I think One Punch Line is even better.
    One Punchline Man

now your past and present self are happy

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

As much as I enjoy poking fun at the current flavor-of-the-month anime, I think we should probably get back on topic before this sidetracks too far.

Back when David Letterman was still hosting the Late Show, I actually needed the laugh track to tell me when he was attempting to make a joke.
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2016-04-20 at 12:03 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

I have made the majority of my posts in the middle of school

Don't worry, I have A's and B's

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

I found out last night why I was able to get my job back, and it isnt because I was wrongfully terminated, so now Im thinking about getting a lawyer.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    I found out last night why I was able to get my job back, and it isnt because I was wrongfully terminated, so now Im thinking about getting a lawyer.
    I hope that you get your job back

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    I hope that you get your job back
    It sounds to me like Vizzerdrix did get the job back. But I could be mistaken.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Oh,

Good job getting your job back

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

I did, but I was all but informed that if I dont kiss butt, Ill loose it again. Strange seeing as I was the wronged party in the first place.

Anyways. I confess that I am a Mainer that hates blueberries.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

I don't like apples or watermelon

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I have blood curdling nightmares about being chased by a T.Rex. In all manner of locations too, from the freeway, a large garage, the library at the university...I actually moved my bed once, on the grounds that a T.Rex could reach me if it stuck its head in through the window.
    Yes, I know that they're extinct, but it doesn't help.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think I am not able to love anymore. As in, being in a relationship, think about having a family and caring for a person for the rest of my life. I love, I love all my friends, my family, the people around me. But the simple idea of being with a person doesn't appeal to me anymore.
    I am slowly starting to reject also the need for "physical contact", if you know what I mean. I just don't care. It requires too much effort, that I do not want to apply and that doesn't guarantee at all success (while on the contrary, my experience insofar suggests that the univocal conclusion of any such endeavour to find some kind of physical intimacy is failure). I just got tired of trying. I have always wondered what the hell was wrong with me, and why it was so hard for me to find people to have liaisons: I...don't think I'm ugly, at least many girls have told me that I am rather pretty; people think I am smart, funny, romantic, brilliant. And yet, this was never enough, I was always the perfect friend for everybody...but just a friend.
    Now I don't care. I don't care anymore.

I've become cynical. Arid. I just don't care. Some time ago there was a girl who I was interested into. Then I noticed that she was into me too. I started hating this situation. I hated the fact that she was into me. Soon I started to feel distant, and the simple fact that, in some way, she was clinging to me, pissed the hell out of me. The fact that we live on two opposite sides of the Atlantic helped me a lot, though.

I subscribed to many social services to find new people. Before, I cared, and I hoped to find someone, even if just for a casual one-nighter. Now...you know the drill. I don't care.
    I have changed a lot.
    This scares me, but at the same time I like it. I need it.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cicciograna View Post
    I think I am not able to love anymore. As in, being in a relationship, think about having a family and caring for a person for the rest of my life. I love, I love all my friends, my family, the people around me. But the simple idea of being with a person doesn't appeal to me anymore.
    I am slowly starting to reject also the need for "physical contact", if you know what I mean. I just don't care. It requires too much effort, that I do not want to apply and that doesn't guarantee at all success (while on the contrary, my experience insofar suggests that the univocal conclusion of any such endeavour to find some kind of physical intimacy is failure). I just got tired of trying. I have always wondered what the hell was wrong with me, and why it was so hard for me to find people to have liaisons: I...don't think I'm ugly, at least many girls have told me that I am rather pretty; people think I am smart, funny, romantic, brilliant. And yet, this was never enough, I was always the perfect friend for everybody...but just a friend.
    Now I don't care. I don't care anymore.

I've become cynical. Arid. I just don't care. Some time ago there was a girl who I was interested into. Then I noticed that she was into me too. I started hating this situation. I hated the fact that she was into me. Soon I started to feel distant, and the simple fact that, in some way, she was clinging to me, pissed the hell out of me. The fact that we live on two opposite sides of the Atlantic helped me a lot, though.

I subscribed to many social services to find new people. Before, I cared, and I hoped to find someone, even if just for a casual one-nighter. Now...you know the drill. I don't care.
    I have changed a lot.
    This scares me, but at the same time I like it. I need it.
    There are other types of love, not just romantic love

Surely you have friends, which would be philios

You also mentioned loving your family, which would be agape

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

One of my favourite time wasters on this planet is to open Thesaurus on my computer, and then go through 10-20 synonyms to end up somewhere completely else, sometimes the complete opposite and sometimes a word that has nothing in common with the original word. Any one else do this?
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

I do a similar thing with TVTropes. Ah, the life-sucker.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    You aren't the only one

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Woo! I am not alone!

I also do this thing where I go to Wikipedia and click the random article button, and then follow the first and last links of each post (taking turns - first link, last link, first link, last link...) about 10 times to see where I am again...

Edit:
    For example, I just went from Haldia subdivision to Flags of the English Interregnum.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2016-04-22 at 01:42 PM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    I third this one. I've had body pain from looking at that site for so long (and from this one as well)
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snark Knight View Post
    I have blood curdling nightmares about being chased by a T.Rex. In all manner of locations too, from the freeway, a large garage, the library at the university...I actually moved my bed once, on the grounds that a T.Rex could reach me if it stuck its head in through the window.
    Yes, I know that they're extinct, but it doesn't help.
    Don't worry, plenty of people share your fear. Heck, there's at least six xkcd comics that directly contain velociraptors.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    I third this one. I've had body pain from looking at that site for so long (and from this one as well)
    There is a place called outside, you might want to go there for a while

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    There is a place called outside, you might want to go there for a while
    Bonus: you can still look at TVTropes while outside.