New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Bill Cosby Is Innocent

I believe that Bill Cosby is innocent on all charges. I mean why on earth would yot report a rape that happen 50 years old ago?! That doesn't make any logical sense at all. All the women stories don't make any sense. They don't have any evidence to back up their stories. They are trying to destroy Bill Cosby legacy. What's your opinion on Bill Cosby accusation?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Bill Cosby Is Innocent

I believe we should also treat those accused of a crime as if they were innocent, until it has been conclusively proven otherwise. I also believe that we should treat the alleged victims of any alleged crimes as though they were the victims, not the perpetrators of some other crime until it has been proven otherwise. The stories of the women do make sense. They are consistent with any records of events, with each other, and with Cosby's own admissions that he did give a number of women Quaaludes.

My understanding of the larger situation is that it is not uncommon to leave an alleged rape unreported, due to trauma to the victim. I can only imagine this being exacerbated when the alleged perpetrator is rich, famous, powerful in his industry, and has such an absolutely sterling reputation that complete strangers will jump to defend him. I would think these women are coming forward en masse because it is no longer taboo to discuss rape and its impact and because it's easier to do anything when you're backed by your crew.
    Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Would anyone believe me if I said I know someone who knows someone who was raped by Cosby but has not come forward yet?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Would anyone believe me if I said I know someone who knows someone who was raped by Cosby but has not come forward yet?
    Of course yes. There are six degrees of separation between me and someone who was (or was not) raped by Cosby. To be fair, There are six degrees of separation between me and Cosby.

That said... are we sure this topic is not inappropriate? You know, talking about real crimes probably falls into "Illegal/Criminal activity".
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGirl

I thought "illegal/criminal activity" was banned in terms of encouraging such behavior. Piracy, probably, in our terms. But even so, this is way more a news story than an entertainment story. Probably not our bag.
    Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

The Winged Mod: This issue is intricately political and as such would be better discussed elsewhere. I'm going to be closing this thread now.