New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Millennials: An M&M 2.0 Journal

Quote Originally Posted by GnomishPride View Post
    Will there be any more updates? I miss hearing these wonderful storirs.
    Yes there will be, we had a very interesting session a little while ago. The post will be up in a few days hopefully.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GnomishPride View Post
    Will there be any more updates? I miss hearing these wonderful storirs.
    Vihlrune (Solemn's player and the current writer of these posts) is currently on vacation, with limited internet access from what I've heard. There is a forum post for our latest session in the works, but I don't know precisely when it'll be published.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

There is, in fact, an up and coming post. Expect it soon, as well as several shenanigans including the deranged concepts of a certain botanist, paint, and a disturbing lack of high heels.

4. - Top - End - #34

...and two months pass.
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok, in effort to wrap things up, here is a little catch up.

Our fourm post writers got a little tired of doing the posts after sessions. Unfortunately, we got lazy and quit updating it. We are currently approaching the finale of millennials. When this happens, I plan[t] on doing a catch-up post on everything we failed to cover. A lot of, interesting things have happened since the last post...

6. - Top - End - #36

RedWizardGuy

Hey all,

This is the official announcement to declare that after a year and about a dozen and a half sessions, Millennials officially ended last week. As our roleplaying group's first campaign (and my first time ever in the seat of GM) it was a wild ride for all parties. Tomorrow, we begin a Pathfinder campaign by the name of Knoweyr, with Vihlrune (Solemn's player) in the DM seat. The PC's star as mercenaries known as Oddjobs in the titular Knoweyr, a hostile desert region torn in multiple directions by warring political factions. Murder! Monsters! Mellifluous elves! It'll be fun. Assuming all goes well, you'll be seeing a campaign journal from that campaign as well.

Hopefully sooner rather than later, I plan to put out a post or three of summaries of the sessions since this journal went on hiatus. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by ElFi; 2016-12-15 at 04:35 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Looking forward to seeing the remainder of this journal! I always enjoy reading about Mutants and Masterminds. It seems like a very fun system

8. - Top - End - #38

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forumlurker View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the remainder of this journal! I always enjoy reading about Mutants and Masterminds. It seems like a very fun system
    Thanks for the enthusiasm, Forumlurker! I was on vacation without internet access for the past few days, but hopefully you should start seeing those catch-up posts soon.

Mutants and Masterminds has its ups and downs. Character creation is effortless and allows for an endless array of cool powers and concepts, but there's also a lot of potential for game-breaking abilities, so keep your eyes sharp in the event that you ever GM for the system. Also, nobody in our roleplaying group is a fan of the injury system that M&M uses in place of hit points, so that's another thing.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hey guys. Just thought It'd be right for me to sign off this campaign as well. It was a wild ride for all of us, and it was a ton of fun, too. For a first campaign, this was an awesome intro to RP gaming. Now it's my turn to jump into DM chair, so we'll see how the aforementioned Knoweyr campaign goes. Kudos to everyone who took part in the campaign.

As far as the system itself goes, I'll be honest in saying that I'm not a fan of M&M, but if anyone else wants to use it to GM their own game, I'm not in any position to discourage them. However, to give my opinion of the matter: As Elfi pointed out, the system uses a point-buy process when creating characters, making the game highly exploitable for the keen-eyed player, which leads to some pretty broken abilities, both in and out of combat. As far as the injury system goes, hit points may be a bit less realistic, but they're far more fun to use. The injury system often forced battle to be more drawn than they needed to be, and sometimes led to unfair situations, where someone who's had the upper-hand the entire fight suddenly roles poorly on one toughness check, and gets knocked out or killed.

So yeah, I'm not a big fan of the system, but again, if you want to try it out, go for it.

Thanks to everyone who stuck with this thread for the time-being, and I want to apologize for the lack of updates in recent months, but there is an update/catch-up post in the works, so look out for that one shortly. It looks like this is good-bye, for now at least...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok let me give you guys a very brief overhaul of the ending of millennials. Unfortunetly due to the time span in which we have not posted, we have forgotten some of the things that have happened, so it will not be very detailed.

After some unfortunate incidents regarding empowered villain vs empowered hero battles in brod daylight on the streets, the league earned a very negative reputation in the city. At one point, a riot was set up outside of the League base where the protesters demanded that empowered heros leave the city. Gabe Chambers, CEO of Exalt, had said that their company would help put an end to the empowered in the city, introducing brand new Exalt technology to counter the empowered.
    With growing tensions, and a bad public relations, the League orders that members use their discernment when it comes to battles, as to not stir up anymore riots.

The agony 4 was still a major threat in the city, and the League began focusing on them. The agony 4 had set up 'games', and whichever side won three games first would become the victor-- if the agony 4 wins, they stay in the city, if the heros win, they leave.

1st game- Shane Chiu's gallery: Troy, Aidan, Nick, and Espo were called to the 'first game' in an abandoned theater. There, 5 illusions were set up on stage, and Troy, Aidan, Nick, and Espo had to choose the correct illusion in order to succeed and 'win'. Failure would result in the death of the person who chose wrong. Troy who chose wrong first felt an immediate stabbing sensation throughout his body, but was able to tough it out. Next, Aidan, chose wrong as well which led to him being confused. After Aidan, Espo chose wrong too resulting in him being viciously cut by a physic blade, causing him to be disabled. Finally Nick came along and successfully chose the correct illusion resulting in the teams overall success.

2nd game- Geoffrey's Kidnappings: After some bonding attempts made by none other than the charasmatic star of the group (Espo-- sarcasm, implied), the group found themselves at a local Columbian resturant trying to get more acquainted with eachother. Unfortunately (sarcasm) the groups sorry attempt at roleplaying was cut short due to a phone call by a mysterious man who was later revealed to be John Knight of the agony 4 stating that the second game has begun. Espo, Aidan, Troy, and Nick, all were dumbfounded to hear that Dominic Esposito, wealthy chemist father of Patrick Esposito (Espo/Dr. Ivy for short) was kidnapped by the agony 4. Deep in the city, in a tombstone (new gang) base, the group aided by Dominic's personal mercenary body guards , ventured out in a stealth mission to save Dominic and win the 2nd game. Aidan blacked out the enterence, and the guards were swiftly knocked out by the group to allow an easy access point to the main building. Aidan then teleported into the house to do some stealth work and scout ahead, but unfortunately was noticed. The group unaware that Aidan has been targeted continued on with their plan-- Espos plimions going in and disintegrating/ entangling the people inside. Espo then summoned his plimions and they stormed in with fury to the base, and the guards, unaware/occupied from Aidan were caught as easy targets for the plimions. An empowered supervillain from tombstone then realized what was happening, and then the real fight began. Any non-empoweres guards still awake/alive and the supervillain began fighting back. After a long fight and some near fatal injuries in the group, they were healed up by Espo, and moved upstairs. The guards upstairs seemed unaware that there was a defeat for them downstairs, and as soon as we were seen many of them fled. And we quickly did some searching around to look for Dominic. He was found in a closet, and seemed in physically good condition aside from the usual terrifying experience of being captured. When the PCs rounded up the bodies and had them caged in a plant wall for the police to get them, an urgent call from the League stated that there was an unusual disturbance downtown...

Part 2 tomorrow

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

When he says it is easily exploitable, Espo, my PC became super OP after I redid him. He went from a crappy summoner to a strong summoner/support character.. Too bad it was late in the game...