New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Numenera- In Search of Lost Gods IC

Gael takes the badge, thanking him. "Any additional information you could provide on Drex and his bodyguard would be invaluable to us. Drex is a threat to all around him, which includes your city. I fear his corruption has already spread to your datasphere."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"Datasphere? I don't know what that is sir, best ask the Chapel. They may know where your friend Drex is if he is a scholarly type after he was released." The man hands out maps showing the city districts and points to the religious district. "In this district there will be several temples, seek the Chapel of the Archivist. They hold answers you seek."

3. - Top - End - #393

EvilClericGuy

The man gasp and reaches in his desk and produces a compass filled with water as the needle spins erratically twitching. He hands it over to the group after saying, "Seeking. Drex. Lead." Auger holds the compass and watches as the needle points out into the city. "That should lead you to him! Good luck!" The group leaves the tent and into the city. The city seems cheerful and happy, no frowns as everyone wallowed in their excess. To those who had lived in squalor or day to day this place would be a shocking sight. Everyone dealt in strange currencies here, they weren't shins or the undersea currency but resembled actual coins stamped with a serpentine shape. It takes about three hours of walking though the city to reach the place the compass was leading. It was a ornate chapel guarded by men wearing shadowy cloaks bearing staves ending in barbed hooks. People refused to get close to the chapel except a few who wore shadowy cloaks like the guards. Their garb prevented people from seeing their faces and some looked definitely inhuman.

Auger slowly approached the chapel looking at the guards, "We seek Dr-" Quickly she moved back a step as the guards moved quickly.

The guards staves blocked the way in and the hooks came close to the woman's face as they spoke in unison. "No entrance of mundanes, only the faithful may enter. Do you bear the scars of Faith?" One points to Ashes and says something that made sense. Blood bond. His cloak quivered as if alive. "You Faithful, do you desire entrance into the Chapel? You may pass but your friends cannot without permission of the Blood Mark."

Gael could hear a mocking whisper that made him turn around looking in the area they resided. He had been some what out of it, a group of guards marched in unison not far from them and one had said something. Drex. Kias noticed the group of guards all looked the same not just armor but in facial structure and voice. She felt something pull her insides, both of her. The men looked familiar and sounded familiar but weakly reminded her of a dream.

Auger looked to Ashes and raised a brow, "Are these friends of yours? Didnt think you left our lovely island before this." She turned back to the guards and scowled placing her hands on her hips then showing the compass. "We seek a man. He is wanted for crimes. It lead us here. We need in!" The guards remain unchanged.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ashes glowers, noticeably not amused by the events transpiring around us. He slowly shakes his head at Auger's question. He didn't like the feeling this place gave him, it was not only strange... it was alien.

These are no people of mine. I have never left our Island. Lets....Lets hurry up and get moving... I do not want to be here any longer than we need to.

Ashes steps forward trying to assess the situation.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Gael spins around, looking about confusedly. Drex was toying with them already it seemed, "On your guard, everyone. He knows we're here. And Ashes, we could do with less lying and more trust. Or at least a better liar, that could be useful too." Gael addresses the guards, "Excuse me gentlemen, but what is the punishment for harboring a dangerous fugitive attempting to destroy your city? Or are religious establishments exempt from such laws? On that note, is there a punishment for obstruction capture or investigation of said dangerous individual? We're new here so we'd appreciate some help with that, or we could simply go see the nearest official and report all this and see what happens."

6. - Top - End - #396

Ashes replies to Gaels accusation.

Im from the city of Bridges...These arent my people. I have but one that i would call that. He shouldnt be here. So, try keep in mind that not everyone is lying to you all the time. I think i have been quite honest with you, i told you my name and that I may one day seal our contract.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

The old man smiles, "Well, then it wouldn't hurt to take a peek inside, would it? No reason to rush off?" Gael motions towards the temple entrance with his staff, "We'll wait."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Kia tried to analyse the strange feeling within her. There was something very familiar here. If she could only...No, it was gone. Dreams were usually like that. Or maybe she was just engaged in a bit of wishful thinking. The guards looked identical, and acted in unison. Of course they'd feel familiar to her. That didn't mean that they were the same as her. Expectations now firmly contained, she leaned over and whispered to Gael.

"Those guards feel wrong. See their identical forms? It's like they're all the same person.

9. - Top - End - #399

EvilClericGuy

One of the temple guards pointed to Ashes arm as a burning sensation began to set in. It felt like plasma ants against hot skin as the sensation ended. Ashes scratched and pulled his sleeve up seeing the mark. It was a crimson spiraling blotch of fractal design. "You bear the mark of the brotherhood, possibly you gained by a master? Regardless you are welcomed as one of us."

The group of armored duplicates blinked and formed rank speaking in unison, "We require proof of the guilty party. Outsiders should be briefed on local laws." One presented a panflet about local laws, proof of bounty, etc. "Who is the perpetrator? We can reference the name across the index."

10. - Top - End - #400

Ashes looks at them slack jawed as he scratches at his burning arm. He looks down and then at the guards talking to them. Ashes looks extremely confused.

What the hell is this? Master...damn... im going to have questions for him. There are...more brothers?

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Gael lays his hand on this Kia's shoulder to let her know he was listening, although he addressed Ashes, "Go inside and find your answers, perhaps you can gain entry for us as well."

The old man turns back to Kia, speaking in whispers "What do you suspect, that they're somehow like you girls? I think this is certainly worth investigating, would you like to ask Lady Auger?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Knowledge of numenera? +1 Asset (1d20)[13]

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Kia hesitated. For a few seconds, an internal conflict welled up within her. But in the end, there could only be one answer.

"...No, it's all right. Questions like that are for other people. 'What is she?'; 'Why are there two Kias?'. People around me always wondered that. But to me, this is just the way things are. It's normal. I don't need to know what I am. I'm Kia Iraldi. That's all that matters."

Each of her turned to look at the other. Their hands linked. Yes, this was just fine.

13. - Top - End - #403

EvilClericGuy

Lady Auger nodded and looked to Kia and then the sixtuplet of guards, "I've only met three others like you Kia and that isnt counting the duplicates. These guards aren't like you, not naturally." She turned to ashes and points to the marking, "You Should go in. Remember this island is different then our own, you might find some sort of secret within. Possibly a target you are seeking. She strode upon the Guards and spoke with the six of them. They spoke a strange language but then she responded in same. She came back to the group with a sour expression, "They said we have to have proof of the guilty party. Also according to them Drex is a honored guest of the cities God but has been absent from the court for days!"

14. - Top - End - #404

Ill go in and see what i can find then...

Ashes looks slightly confused but is deciding to just push through it as he begins to enter the building.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not hopeful for any help from the locals, but maybe we can convince this god to hear us out. Either that, or discover that Drex has already sunk his corrupted claws into their god." ​The old man rubbed his lower back, he was truly already too old for this.

16. - Top - End - #406

EvilClericGuy

The chapel is strangely familiar like a fading dream to Ashes. The men performing a mixture of combat skill resembled the regime the young blade for hire learned from his master. Many of the vocal instructions were similar but some what different. A man was leading a group in the execution of shadow blending and moves of disabling a target. He seemed familiar, but younger. The man's facial structure resembled his masters but at least twenty years younger. He turns to face Ashes and smiles and approaches the man arms open and with a shadow step he is before Ashes embracing the man, "Welcome Brother to the Chapel. You must have come from a distant isle but this is home to our kind. Who is your target? We will help if we can attain your prey if needed for a price."

Auger nodded, "We need more info about their God so to speak. It might be a title of nobility, some ancient cultures elevated their leaders to godly ranks." The guards stood in rank and then began to move away from the Chapel into a nearby chapel where a banner showing the draconic insignia. The chapel was busier, people moving in and out carrying goods and bags that clanked and chimed with movement. "If you dont mind going out and asking the people it would be helpful, I'll stay here and wait on Ashes."

Loci hovered nearby scanning the crowd and stayed quiet. Some people pointed from a distance at the machine ghost and murmured in awe. Occasionally a priestly fellow gets close bearing a cog tattoo on their forehead then quickly disappears.

17. - Top - End - #407

Ashes closed his eyes and soghed. He nodded at the man who looked like his master.

Brother, i have abandoned the sun and only bare the responsibility if two targets. The old man i traveled here is one of them but i must kill my first target before i kill him. My primary target is an Aeon priest.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    That Aeon priest i shot, was that Drex or just some random priest?

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Gael takes note of the cog tattoo, "How interesting, Kia do you see the men with the cog tattoos? Let us introduce ourselves." Gael gives a short bow to Lady Auger as they depart, attempting to engage one of these cog-priests in conversation.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

"If you like. Just be careful."

Kia followed closely behind Gael. She fully expected the old man to get attacked soon. If by some miracle there were no enemies already here, he'd probably make some in short order.

20. - Top - End - #410

EvilClericGuy

The man nods, "I know not of Aeon Priest but there are plenty of priest here." He looks Ashes over and frowns as he walks a circle around the man. "Where is your visible insignia? Did your teacher not pass it down? That is strange." He waves a man over who presents a badge. It was made of bone and synth shaped into a small skull with Ruby eyes. A symbol was burned into its forehead resembling a dagger and shield. The man offers this trinket to Ashes. "It is a badge of office, clan, and brotherhood. Take it and if you are to kill in the city present it and offer a duel. As long as you do so the offender must by law take the challenge."

Spoiler: when? ooc
    Show

Which Aeon Priest and when.

Gael and Kias approached the man and something stuck Gael mentally. His charms chimed as the man looked to Gael eyes in a panicked glare. He slowly steps away reaching into his robes clutching something."Hello brother and sisters, how may I help you? You seem to be new here, maybe you need a guide to the market?"His eyes shift to Loci who kept close to Auger.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

"Woah! Calm down, friend! Let's not do anything crazy, yet. We mean you no harm." Gael kept his eye on the hand clutched beneath his robes, wondering what caused this reaction in the man and in his charms.
    Last edited by XIII; 2017-02-17 at 06:27 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412

EvilClericGuy

The man seemed shocked by Gael and Kias approach as he clung to something hidden beneath his robe, "Ah but that is the thing. Everyone in this city wants to work against the Celestial Movement!" He smiled and looked to Loci and babbled momentarily before pointing to the hovering being. "AND HE IS THE KEY! GIVE HIM PLEASE!" The man pulled a smooth plate of colorful material. It had a strong scent of sea brine and looked like a oblong plate of shell like material. "Please take this in exchange for it!"

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Apparently it's amateur hour, Gael thinks to himself. Gael asserts himself between Loci and the crazed man, mostly to demonstrate what crazed really was to the amateur. Gael used his hedge magic to bring a menacing glow to his eyes, amplify his voice, and make other generally spooky effects. Gael backhands the offer away, slamming the end of his staff on the ground for effect, then letting go so it may float around him.

"Endless suffering is the woe of ignorant men who never lack to seek the depth of their own hearts and only see the wealth of a poor world suffering to flay its own back in knife wounds of silver and brutal gladness! The obstinate toy soldier becomes pliant! The city devours the land! The people devour the city! All these things at once and many more not because it wishes harm but because it likes violent vibrations! The six, the six who went among the makers is no longer. End of line. Back in the stream that feeds the ocean that feeds the stream! The way is closed to you!"

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Kia readied herself to repulse an attack: Possibly by her own companion. With Gael, it was hard to tell how much of that mad ranting was an act. Maybe he was playing it up for dramatic effect; Or maybe he was about to engulf everyone in green lightning. Best to be prepared.

25. - Top - End - #415

Ashes takes the badge and nods.

Im also looking for information on Drex. Is there anything here for that?

26. - Top - End - #416

EvilClericGuy

The head of the chapel nodded and smiled, “Ah yes we keep tabs on the entire city. Keeper, come here.” A small example of a hunchback hobbles over wearing tattered robes but bearing the marks of the chapel. “A priest named Drex, repeat where is he.” The hunchback let out a rasp and reached into his robes eventually pulling out a roll of paper handing it to Ashes. “Trackers Map, it works in the city. According to it he is in the Under City. This should lead you do him, tracks the real devices and implants of this cities guest.”

The acolyte gasped and covered his eyes screaming as the crowd grew quiet looking to the man, “Please by the God King dont hurt me! I am Innocent!” Slowly a small group of guards approached the area keeping a eye on the scene. “My masters only wished to unlock the Mechanism! The Farseer Drex spoke in babbles of that machine!” Before anyone coup approach the man he found a man catcher latched around his neck. Guards of the city began to pull the man away.

“This man is a wanted fugitive, please give way for the city guards,” announced a small fellow with blue hair wearing clothing similar to a squire or scribe. “He is a member of the under city and outside his registered zone. Please make way.” Booing came from the crowd as stray stones and shards hit the man in the face and chest as he was dragged away. The scribe looked to Gael and Kias and nodded, “Apologizes, he is a criminal. Please enjoy the City and do not enter the Under City.”

Spoiler: sorry
    Show

sorry for late replies, I got hit with con crud and flu right after the other so been really sick. Hope we can get this back on track.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Gael stops the show, grabbing his staff out of the air and straightening out his clothes, "Well, that was interesting. I wasn't about to let that amateur one-up me", Gael winked at the Kias. "Farseer Drex, eh? Loci, what could he have been talking about? What could you be used to unlock? Shall we search the undercity? Young man, where are your parents?" Gael directs the last question at the smaller gentlemen with blue hair.

28. - Top - End - #418

EvilClericGuy

The young man points to himself, "I? My parents reside below with the rest of the Filth. Impure blood and I was born a Scion of the God King." He lifts his head and looks around with grace. "That place is for the diseased and mad, may they drown in the wake of a storm."He then turns and slowly walks away following a group of guards.

Loci drifts close to Drex and Kia and 'blinks' before speaking, "Under City does indeed exist. I sense a thrumming energy generator beneath us." He generates a hard light slate showing a strang multi dimensional map. Blips of light indicated their position and the network of energy flowing. If Gael looks at the datasphere he can see a large churning mass of golden data far below them, it resembled some sort of serpent eating its own tails. Something caught his attention, there were several of these things, they were a variety of sizes but they swarmed this ball of light. Piping filled his mind as the song of Outside slowly leaked into his mind. It wasn't loud but made something inside him stir in slumber.

Kia watched the old priest twitch and limbs jerk some. The slate hovered and became two as one came to the girls. It showered their locations and had tags for everyone in their group. And three dots for Drex? What could that mean?

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

The shine was quickly peeling off this golden city; To expose the ugly truth beneath. As usual, comfort and dignity were granted only to a chosen few. Those less fortunate were left to rot, somewhere far removed from wealthy eyes. It was the same wherever Kia went. That's why she and her family worked hard to avoid falling into the pit. They knew just how bad it was down there. And from the sound of it, she'd soon get another chance to confirm that. Both of her gave Gael a long suffering look.

"Let me guess: Our next goal is in the Under City. And I'll be stuck fending off a load of lunatics while you search for it. Am I warm?"

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Gael smiled wide, "Do you have any better ideas, my dear?" Gael wondered at the three blips, the snake, and everything else around him. There was much to be learned. "Shall we find Ashes first?"