New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Lightbulb What will Parson get with his next stupid meal?

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts of what Parson might get with his next stupid meal?

So far we've had the "glasses" and his calculator watch housing, so what's next?

My guess, is along the lines that a luckmancer paired with a mathemancer is a powerful combination, therefore as he's got a mathemancer toy, how about a luckmancer toy?

So, I'm going for a loaded die, for those game players that like to make their "own" luck.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: What will Parson get with his next stupid meal?

Tomorrow, he will get something that would have been useful to him today ...
    We haven't seen much of today yet, so we don't have much clues as to what that will be.

That being said ...
    A book/library of all possible units (annotated)?
    A bookmark (to let him save his game)?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

well, if he gets a bookmark he better get something to load the game later :-P
    solo tú sabes bien quien soy y por eso es tuyo mi corazón
    AKA Yakkul

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The bookmark automagically loads the game when the player loses.
    A reloader would be overkill - or, in the presence of luckamancers, probably superfluous.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

considering the "tools" of the tabletop wargamer.

Laser pointer
    helps for unit placement & checks for line of sight

& it could also act as a annoyance weapon ^^

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Given the nature of the things Parson has been getting, wich all seemed to be geared arround his function as warlord. (Glasses so he can see points for all the units and know exactally how strong they are and what they can do. and a super calculator so he can judge just how effective they can be) My guess this that his next item is going to be based arround unit placement or command

With that in mind, I'd say he's going to get ither a magical map. Something along the lines of a magical "Google Earth" (can link to eyebook?) that will show him any area he wishes, and possably highlight the best offencive/defencive possitions in any given terrain. Or mabye a 'Walkie Talkie' that would let him send commands (via thinkamancy) directly to any units he wishes?

That'd be sweet :D

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Vethyx View Post
    Given the nature of the things Parson has been getting, wich all seemed to be geared arround his function as warlord. (Glasses so he can see points for all the units and know exactally how strong they are and what they can do. and a super calculator so he can judge just how effective they can be) My guess this that his next item is going to be based arround unit placement or command

With that in mind, I'd say he's going to get ither a magical map. Something along the lines of a magical "Google Earth" (can link to eyebook?) that will show him any area he wishes, and possably highlight the best offencive/defencive possitions in any given terrain. Or mabye a 'Walkie Talkie' that would let him send commands (via thinkamancy) directly to any units he wishes?

That'd be sweet :D
    But he can already do those things, he has the eyemancers for that

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

I hoping he'll at some point get the rest of his melee armor, which I really hope is a hockey mask. :) It doesn't make him any harder to hit, it just makes him unkillable, like all the slasher movie badguys. :D

For his weapon, I can't decide what's cooler, a chain saw, a light saber or perhaps worst of all.... an eraser. :D
    Roy Greenhilt: All leaders should aspire to his greatness!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    Yes, but that means he dependant on that link up. This would allow him to strategize in his 'off time' and would give him more information. I'm very much in hope for a "google Erf" map :P

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xKiv View Post
    A book/library of all possible units (annotated)?
    This looks about right to me.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

I think more likely is a compendium of the effects of every special ability.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes, by slaving 3 sorcerers... something Parson would probably not do if it can be avoided.

A stupid meal that helps misty would be nice.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

i am thinking that the stupid meal "toys" are not overly helpful to him, more of a convenience thing, they dont really do much other then augment his only abilities. how many gamers here cant say they know unit unit stats from memory from the favorite games? or how many others can crunch the odds really quick in their heads?

i am thinking that he will never get a "toy" that gives him the ability to do something he would never do in the first place, like fighting, and just better his skills at what he can do

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So far things that Parson has got seem to enhance skills he already has, or to compensate for the difference between his status as a warlord and others native to Erfworld.

I think instead of being something being so powerful as an index of unit stats or armor or a weapon, the next thing he gets in his Stupid Meal will be another item to help ease his transition into Erfworld.

A beerhat full of Mountain Dew in it I think would be much more realistic, assuming he'd ever wear such a thing. You know, to enhance his uh... "gaming" skills. Of course, there's also the cheap-toy theme of lots of the items he's been getting thus far (3-D glasses that reveal unit stats, toy armband that enhances watches calculating ability). There is also the factor that so far the items have only been useful to him and no one else.

Considering the classic "item slots" of gaming characters, he still has the following slots open:
    Head (hat/headband), throat (amulet/necklace), shoulders (mantle/cloak), waist (belt), hands (gloves/gauntlets), ring (one left, one right), and foot (boots).

His brow (glasses), torso (breastplate armor) and arms (watch-bracer) slots are already taken up.

I think it's likely that the next item he gets (assuming, of course, he survives that long), is something like a decoder ring (to help process unit information that he gets from the glasses and bracer combined).
    Last edited by dither; 2007-06-15 at 01:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Why are people saying that the watch-thing came from a stupid meal? I was fairly uncertain of its origin.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nooblade View Post
    Why are people saying that the watch-thing came from a stupid meal? I was fairly uncertain of its origin.
    It's the most obvious and likely source, that's all.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nooblade View Post
    The open stupid meal box by his right arm?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

My reference would be the previous comic where in his chat he talks with Sizemore about helping him understand the toy he got with his Stupid Meal.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

A machine gun.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

how about a luckmancer toy?
    My money's on a magic 20-sider!

21. - Top - End - #21

Kobold

He will get a complete map of his capitol, Goblin Knob, including the tunnels underneath. It will provide him with the names and stats of his buildings and walls, what the upgrades on and effects of those buildings are, the city's income, what units it is producing, etc. All stuff he needs to know in preparation for the coming siege (Ansom will still try it as a diversion from the main tunnel attack, whereas originally he was going to do the tunnel attack as a diversion from the main siege) and tunnel warfare.

Maybe it will even let him change what the city is producing, if Stanley doesn't have direct control over that.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

My first guess would have been "the girl toy by accident" (like we all get sometimes when we were younger) but then I had a couple of things run through my head, most highly unlikely but entertaining non the less :

DM guild - tells him about rules of the world
    Monster manual - bestiality of the monsters in the world
    instruction book - bit of both

I would def support a "google erf" not for the functionality but just for the jokes that would come from it.

I think that BEN THE DRAGON is right in saying that these tools are making him into an erfworld character...not making him a BETTER erfworld character...I highly doubt a machine gun will be next....but I wouldn't doubt that he would have a light saber somewhere in the future if not a couple light saber jokes....please don't sue Lucas!
    BFJT

Woot Woot

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzypaws View Post
    He will get a complete map of his capitol, Goblin Knob, including the tunnels underneath. It will provide him with the names and stats of his buildings and walls, what the upgrades on and effects of those buildings are, the city's income, what units it is producing, etc. All stuff he needs to know in preparation for the coming siege (Ansom will still try it as a diversion from the main tunnel attack, whereas originally he was going to do the tunnel attack as a diversion from the main siege) and tunnel warfare.

Maybe it will even let him change what the city is producing, if Stanley doesn't have direct control over that.
    This looks good to me - let him access information he could have accessed simply by asking someone =)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

My guess is food and drink. Plus a toy.

An erf beannie baby might be cute.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
    An erf beannie baby might be cute.
    What is a "baby"?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

My guess is something that will let him view/change the build orders for the city. Possibly looking like an etch-a-sketch. Stupid Meals don't come with books!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

How about an eyephone i just came up with it but there are plenty of things it could do.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't know how much longer they'll be able to count on those. Parson has already upset that spell and they're lagging. There's a chance they might regain stability, but to me, it seems like it's fundamentally only a matter of time (and drama) before they fail.

My mathamancy says it probably won't be until Parson is more or less safe from being disbanded though, and the fizzling of the spell will put him right back in Stanley's bad graces.
    Last edited by TheTurnipKing; 2007-06-19 at 04:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

it could help to have some sort of "uber weapon" to go fight...or, even better, a complete manual about magic &/or some specialized side like luckamancy-changeamancy

or maybe just an action figure of himself

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystyco View Post
    it could help to have some sort of "uber weapon" to go fight...or, even better, a complete manual about magic &/or some specialized side like luckamancy-changeamancy

or maybe just an action figure of himself
    Even better - an idealised action figure of Erfworlds "Lord Hamster" at max levels.

Perhaps it could even be exactly the right size to be used on the old minature-based gaming board :)
    Last edited by TheTurnipKing; 2007-06-19 at 05:19 AM.