New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: World of Salvus Alpha (IC)

Sif Fenra
    Skyship

"Shame? What's that?" Sif jokes before noticing Tristana's scars. "You're pretty marked up. Did they hurt?" She asks, showing genuine concern for her teammate.

Realizing her comment may have been invasive, Sif continues to try and make up for it. "There's nothing wrong with scars though! They show history. See?" The lupine girl lifts her hair briefly to reveal her back, presenting plenty of scars of it's own- comprised mostly of what appears to be lash marks. She isn't nearly as scarred as Tristana, but still hopes to find something they have in common.
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zephyr (Human, Male)
    Skyship
    Skysea

"I'm a marksman." He smiles, pulling his handguns out of their holsters, tastefully twirling them at high speeds around his fingers before re-holstering them. "My art involves people dying." He chuckles solemnly. "Now, it's probably best we get some rest. A few days and we're going to be facing some danger, hopefully." He winks and then lies down on his bed, laying his pillow over his head.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Ankhit

"I never knew killing people was an art!" There is absolutely no trace of sarcasm in the little silvestri's voice, "You can get some sleep, old man. I'm not tired yet, so Imma find something to do."
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Tristana
    The Bunks

Tristana gingerly touches Sif's back, tracing the scars with her fingers. "What are these showing?" she inquires. The word choice seems to be intentional mirroring Sif's. Her face is dark as she brings her shirt up with her other hand to cover herself.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #215

Sif Fenra

Oddly enough, Sif isn't startled by Tristana's touch. She chuckles and explains, "No one grows up in the Sun Scar without getting a little marked up. I don't even remember where most my scars, burns, and bruises came from; it's just part of life."

Sif pauses for a moment. "Although... Most of those on my back are from protecting a someone... He's like my little brother. I won't bore you with the details." She continues with an almost sad smile. "They didn't feel great, but family is worth it."

She finishes dressing herself and begins to pull her hair back into a ponytail in an attempt to get it off the floor. Talking with a hair band in her mouth, she questions with slightly muffled speech. "So what about you?"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Ankhit

Storing his few belongings back inside her pack, Ankhit sheds their armor and shield, keeping her rapier tucked in a emerald-colored sash around their waist. The Silvestri steps out of the room, looking down the hallway on either side, before turning right. Not particularly paying attention, Ankhit bounces along, quietly humming various rhythms and notes to themself.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: World of Salvus Alpha (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Cassidy enters her room and carefully arranges her belongings around one of the beds. After Gabriella enters, Cassidy turns to her roommate.

"So what's your deal, then? You ran off like a madwoman after that lizard of yours and came back with the best lead we've gotten. How'd you know where to look?"
    Gabriella was happy she had gotten matched up with Cassidy. Ankhit was too high energy for her to keep up with. She didn't completely trust Zeph, and she wasn't sure if Tristana would end up attacking her or not. Sif seemed nice, but she hadn't gotten to talk to Cassidy yet.

Gabriella walked into the bedroom. Cassidy was already there arranging her belongings to settle in for the night. Gabriella noticed a bow in the corner. It looked more dangerous than her little crossbow.

Fafnir ran up to the unoccupied bed and curled up on it. Gabriella laid down her bag at the foot of the bed and sat next to Fafnir petting him.

"So what's your deal, then? You ran off like a madwoman after that lizard of yours and came back with the best lead we've gotten. How'd you know where to look?"

"Oh that." Gabriella thought Cassidy had guessed Fafnir's impromptu marathon was scripted. She kept petting Fafnir. He was already falling asleep. Well I used to run a shop in my hometown. A lot of the things I kept in stock had to be shipped and paperwork for them filled out through the customs office, so I assumed the customs office would have a record of anyone shipping mysterious eggs out of the city even if they had forged documents to make them look legitimate. There was a stern Orc Woman in charge of the office, but the minute I said the words Skyborn Enforcers she pretty much begged me to take the information.
    Last edited by Scheming Wizard; 2016-05-26 at 05:09 AM.
    "Or perhaps in Slytherin you'll make your real friends. Those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassidy

"Fair enough. If you ask me, it's quite a lucky break that our thieves left papers with customs in th' first place. 'Ow'd that lizard o' yours know where you were goin' before you went, by the way? Is 'e one of those familiars that witches 'ave? Or have you two jus' been together long enough that y' get the same hunches?"
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2016-05-27 at 11:15 PM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Tristana
    Tristana and Sif's bunk

"Me?" Tristana is caught off guard by the question. Most people are content with avoiding her. "I don't have any family. Not anymore, anyway. These scars were sustained in vain." She looks away suddenly, realizing that she had been staring at Sif the whole time she was changing. "Sorry.," she mutters.

She changes in to some lighter clothing, switches to a more casual eyepatch, and redoes her long braid.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

10. - Top - End - #220

Sif Fenra

It seems Sif either did not notice Tristana's staring or simply didnt care, because the apology made no sense to her. "I'm sorry to hear that." Sif says with her ears tucked back. She quickly returns to her happy self though.

"But family doesn't have to be through blood! Maybe you'll find another one someday!" She says positively. "Wanna go explore with me? This ship is huge!" The lupine extends her hand to her roommate as an invitation.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Tristana

"I've lost both kinds of family..."
    Tristana mutters. She doesn't like to think about her past. She shakes her head.

"Very well, I will join you. It's not like I have a better way to spend my time,"
    she says, accepting Sif's offer, but not her hand. In Tristana's opinion she has already been too touchy.

12. - Top - End - #222

Sif Fenra

Sif is elated, and a little shocked, when Tristana agrees. It's no secret, either. The lupine's tail waves from side to side as she makes her way to the door with a bounce in her step. Holding the door open with her best courteous manner, she waits for her roommate "After you!"

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Tristana

"A pleasure," Tristana says. She looks for the dining room, interested in eating before continuing with her day. "So, what brought you to the adventuring company?" she asks Sif, being polite.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: World of Salvus Alpha (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Cassidy

"Fair enough. If you ask me, it's quite a lucky break that our thieves left papers with customs in th' first place. 'Ow'd that lizard o' yours know where you were goin' before you went, by the way? Is 'e one of those familiars that witches 'ave? Or have you two jus' been together long enough that y' get the same hunches?"
    Fafnir fell asleep as Cassidy was talking. Gabriella ran her fingers across his back one more time before turning to answer Cassidy. "Originally he was just an exotic animal a sailor gave me to pay off a debt he owed. After I started learning magic our bond started to grow until one day I could see through his eyes just as he could through mine. I'm not a witch though I'm a wizard. Witches make forbidden deals on moonlit nights in haunted forests with otherworldly beings whose purposes they barely understand to gain their magical powers. Wizards read books." She gestured to the stack of books lying on the floor at the foot of the bed. The thick leather bound copy on top was titled Advanced Polymorphic Theory.
    Last edited by Scheming Wizard; 2016-05-30 at 06:33 AM.
    "Or perhaps in Slytherin you'll make your real friends. Those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."

15. - Top - End - #225

Skyship
    Skysea

To anyone exploring the ship, it is fairly mundane. The bridge and engine room are locked and guarded, a few extra empty rooms are unlocked, and you can venture onto the bow of the ship for your viewing. There is also a small dining hall that has some busy chefs rushing about. It wont take long for Ankhit to bump into Sif and Tristana.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Ankhit

Moments Sif leaves the door to enter the dining room, it explodes open again, propelled by a familiar voice, "Ooh! I found you Sif! This place is tiny, y'know? And boring, not enough people that I can harass mercilessly. Speaking of which, hi, Scary Person who I totally didn't forget the name of!"

Out of their armor, Ankhit appears even smaller in stature, but still somehow completely unidentifiable as to either gender. Two tattoos are visible, previously covered up by the Silvestri's armor; the first, a band wrapping around their left bicep, not unlike a Z with a line through the middle, and the second, a smaller tattoo in the shape of a stylized four-point star.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Tristana

Tristana gives Ankhit a disgusted look for their general lack of etiquette. "Hello, I am Tristana. It is a pleasure to meet you again." The words are genteel, but the tone is vulgar. Tristana sounds like she'd be content to dismember Ankhit in a not very expedient manner, probably with future desecration of the resulting corpse in mind. "Forgive me, but I do believe that I have forgotten your name as well. Of course, with manners like those, I find it hard to imagine you ever gave or even had one in the first place."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-06-06 at 10:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Ankhit

Ankhit laughs, wiping an imaginary tear from her eye, completely unconcerned by the only partially veiled threats by Tristana, "Tristy, you are a regular laugh riot! You're okay too! My name's Ankhit Sandfoot! Y'know, m'uncle always said that ya can't fault someone ya don't know for their manners! They really could be raised in a barn! Or a desert, in my case, but that's besides the point. You're all fancy-like though, which is cool. Your face is throwin' me off a bit, but I dig the eyepatch, it's really stylish!"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassidy

"Aye, so you're like me father, then. 'E never much approved o' how much of a liking I took t' the outdoors, but moonlight rituals and haunted forests sounds like more fun t' me than reading." Cassidy stands from her bed and stretches. "I think I'll 'ave a look about the ship. You can come along if y' want."
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

frown Re: World of Salvus Alpha (IC)

I'm like her father is that a compliment? Clearly Cassidy felt she'd insulted her outdoor inclinations. She had only meant to show that her magic was as safe and reliable as any other science. It was just like calculus, economics or physics. It wasn't prancing around naked under the full moon with a frog on your head. In other words her magic was not of the same type as the hooliganism they were sailing to go fight.

Cassidy was walking out the door.

"Wait come back. I hike in the woods sometimes. I even hugged a tree once. I think it hugged me back."

Gabriella followed Cassidy out the door to explore the ship.

Fafnir remained on the bed sleeping.
    Last edited by Scheming Wizard; 2016-06-08 at 01:17 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231

Sif Fenra

"Well you see I-" Sif's story gets cut off short by Ankhit's arrival.

She watches as the both Tristana and the small silvestri exchange what she thinks is a semi-friendly conversation. A bit unsure where to come in, she decides to pat Ankhit on the head. "Y'know, I don't think that tiny body of yours can handle all that energy!" she comments, chuckling a bit at the silvestri's antics. "I was letting Tristana lead the way. Did you ditch your roommate?"

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Ankhit

"Zephy's boring and old, so yeah, I ditched him. I'm also hungry. And this tiny body has been handling this energy for uhhh... 18 years now! I think. Nownownow, you were gonna tell a story to Miss Tristana over there. I wanna hear it too!" Ankhit bounces up onto a seat, sitting crosslegged and staring at the lupine with a gaze of apparent intense focus.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2016-06-08 at 06:33 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233

Sif Fenra

Chuckling at the little ball of energy that is her teammate, Sif replies with her usual grin, "It's nothing exciting! I was just telling Tristana here that I've actually wanted to join the adventuring company for a long while now. Y'know, to get out of the Sun Scar and whatnot. I did get held up a few years because...something...came up though."

The lupine bites her lip a little as she thinks of how to end her thought; she settles for simplicity over intriguing. "But I'm here now though! So all is well."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Tristana

Tristana glares at Ankhit.

"You've wanted to join intentionally? Conditions must have been pretty poor to make this a better choice,
    " Tristana grumbles.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Ankhit

Ankhit waves at Tristana.

Bouncing on the seat a few times, Ankhit replies "I mighta been there once, I can't remember though. I actually didn't know about all this hooplah until a few months ago, when Uncle Marcus mentioned it in regards to my birthday. Except he isn't really my uncle, since he's human 'n all. But it sounded really fun and now I'm here and it is really fun!"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

tongue Re: World of Salvus Alpha (IC)

Cassidy was a super good listener. She didn't say anything as they walked through the ship. Gabriella naturally filled the silence. "You see you have arcane spell casters and divine spell casters. For the arcane you have wizards like myself, sorcerers, and witches. Sorcerers aren't too bad, but extremely hung up on genealogy and bloodlines. Everyone one of them acts like they are the direct descendant of a gold dragon and an angel. Don't believe them for a second. Some of them are related to dragons, but most of them are related to genies or nymphs instead. Not the brightest people either. I mean they have made some solid contributions to meta magical enhancement, but when it comes to new magical crafting they are way behind wizards. Some of them can't scribe a scroll to save their life, and don't get me started on witches. I already told you how backward they are, but on top of that super petty and vindictive. There was an extra wicked witch in the East who tried to kill some commoner girl over a pair of slippers. I mean I like shoes as much as the next girl, but that's just mental. When your a powerful caster you have a duty to the community you can't just go around harassing commoners. Of course how powerful could the witch have actually been she got taken down by the girls friends. A warforged lumberjack, an awakened lion, and a wandering scarecrow. I know what a band of misfits. Then you have your divine casters. It's pretty much just clerics and druids. Supposedly you have favored souls as well, but they are super rare if they exist at all. I've always liked clerics. The priests of Umbriel were always nice to me. I would consider myself a devout follower of Umbriel, but pray as I might I just could never cast any spells that way. I guess he knew I was going to be a wizard. Of course Umbriel knows all kinds of things that's why he's a god. Not all clerics are good I guess though. Look at these arsonist whack-jobs we are going to go kill right now. Finally you have dru..." Gabriella hadn't realized she had been talking that long and now her and Cassidy had reached the deck where Ankhit, Sif and Tristana were talking. "Oh hi everyone Cassidy and I were just talking about our shared interest in magic. Cassidy is such a good listener."

27. - Top - End - #237

Sif

"Well, I can't say it's the most peaceful of places," Sif admits in response to Tristana. "I'd say you should come back and visit sometime with me...but I don't know if it'd be your cup of tea. The welcome still stands though!"

Hearing Ankhit's ramblings sparked Sif's memory a bit. "Speaking of uncles! Another reason I wanted to join was-" her cut her story short once again at the arrival of Cassidy and Gabriella. "Oh hey guys! Looks like you had the same idea as us."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Tristana

Tristana examines her nails. "Occasionally us cultured people have been known to examine other countries, mostly to simply observe. It'd be like a safari.

29. - Top - End - #239

Immolation Peak
    Salvus' Surface

Your journey continues for three days and you learn much about each other's strengths and weaknesses, though for the most part Zephyr keeps to himself. On the eve of the final day, you see a large flat plateau poking through the clouds, fire adorning the crest ominously.

"Well, team." Zephyr says with conviction. "I hope you're ready for it to get interesting!"

The skyship sets down on the edge of the peak and you hear Zeph and the captain speaking about pick up times at the same place. Anyone who sticks around for a few minutes can pick up that you'll be stranded here for 24 hours. Which coincidentally, Zephyr will point out, is about how long your potions will last and he advises you to chug them as Sif is the only one suited to this temperature.

The walls are volcanic rock and rough to the touch. Forward, you see a path that you can assume leads you through the peak. From what you see, it looks like these are channels that have either been melted through or possibly carved out. Behind you, is a couple hundred foot drop down a cliff side. The area is well lit by fire, despite it being night time.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Give me a few minutes to get the map up. I'm revolutionizing the way we do maps forever.
    Battle Map

Ye find ye self in yon dungeon. Ye see a flask. Obvious exists are: North, South, and Dennis. What shalt yast do?
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-06-30 at 11:41 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Tristana

Tristana, clad in her fanciful armor, readies her nunchaku for combat. She sips on the fire resistance potion as well.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    We have those potions, right?