New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 54 - Ten Years of Foxes

[Full Moon Party]‎

Leah maintains a smile as she turns back to see Jinkei.
    "My own advice? I still won't be angry, despite your outburst."

She looks away.

"Go enjoy the party, Kath-a-ri-na."

Eyes fall on another guest. Does he deserve to be rescued from Kitnick yet?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Jinkei resumes looking confrontationally (should be a word) at Leah, up until Caroline makes her announcement. Her ears then flap down slightly, and she appears to lose the defiance some. "Sorry, shouldn't have said that."

She exhales after Leah is finished, her left ear twitching. She snarls softly, then exhales once more. "Even you won't diminish this party for me. Bitch."She turns away from Leah and to Keiko, a bit questioningly, her eyes asking what it is to her, but she wisely avoids speaking to her, instead heading for Caroline to apologize meekly, if she isn't stopped.‎

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Blizzard concealing; blood congealing
    Staining the virgin snow
    Howling wind mourns those who've sinned
    She delivers the final blow

Tender treats, the sweetest meats
    She cuts into the corpse
    She fiendishly eyes her gruesome prize
    Pearly bones so delicately warped

Who would partake of this ghastly repast
    What beast would such suffering inflict
    The dread Clarissa sets the body alight
    And licks her crimson lips
    -Anonymous

I cannot recall who composed that "lovely" verse, but rest assured, whoever did so is very, very dead now. Perhaps he or she was a ghostly apparition detailing his own demise. If so, he's twice-dead now. How can you kill a dead man, you ask? That, my dear friend, is a subject for another time, for what is transpiring at this very moment in the Temple of Inari is nothing short of a miracle - not that miracles are all that extraordinary among that lot.

Clarissa, yes that Clarissa, the all but forgotten cruel, ill-mannered, predatory flesh-bender with a penchant for widespread devastation and chaos has returned to Nexus, much to everyone's dismay, no doubt. To be honest, she's no longer a well-known figure, assuming she was one to begin with, having had a negligible impact on Nexusian history beyond helping wreck Marciano's tower. Regardless, she has returned, and her first second action after boring through the fabric of time and space, which was an exhausting ordeal, mind you, is to pay a visit to the Temple of Inari.

And now, to briefly describe her...

Briefly.

Imagine, if you will, a fair-skinned, well-endowed, emerald-eyed woman with the body of a very tall nine-tailed kitsune (with orange, white-tipped tails), the razor-sharp teeth of a shark, and the (soft, white) wings of an angel. She's menacing and seductive all at once, a terrifying synthesis of (wo)man and monster. I suppose one might consider her a foxy, less nightmarish version of the Odyssey's Scylla with magical powers.

Today, Clarissa is dressed for the occasion, not the weather. She wears an enchanted violet kimono...and violet boots, funnily enough. She's flanked by Nicole, who is wearing an enchanted black leather jacket, black leather pants, ankle-high boots, and a thick, white, long-sleeved shirt.

A not-so-brief description of Nicole follows.

With her demonic, crimson eyes, she has witnessed the eradication of entire civilizations with sick delight. With her inviting blood-red lips (curved into a predatory, toothy smile), she has sentenced thousands to burn alive. An outwardly ordinary mouth lined with rows of razor-sharp teeth conceals a sticky, tendril-esque tongue with which she consumes the bodies and souls of her prey with ecstatic glee. An unassuming yet regal fox tail with which she binds her victims while she torments them or devours them beckons one's gaze to a rather tantalizing asset she possesses. Her raven hair, so soft and silky, might evoke memories of that same (aforementioned) shadowmancer with which her mother was so very well acquainted. Her fair skin is unblemished yet so often drenched in blood and licked clean that the scent of blood is ever-present about it. A voluptuous and alluring body (with a strong back to support it, obviously) this young woman has been happily endowed with, and it has served her sinister soul well in attracting and subduing her prey. To be more direct about it, this lass is both insanely hot and insanely terrifying.

It's probably worth noting that neither of the women are armed, so with any luck, they should be able to almost seamlessly blend into the huuuge crowd of partygoers...

Wait...

Where's the huuuge crowd of partygoers?

((Tired; must post for other scenes tomorrow.))

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

A gently bizzare sight unfolds as a Gardevoir wearing a knit scarf drifts in from outside

<Anybody seen Arlem? I think I've got it figured out, but I'd like...>

the mental voice trails off at seeing Nicole.

As to the guest buttonholed by Kitnick, perhaps a rescue is in order, yes :) The little sand fox looks awestruck

That's all water?! There's so much...

It a lot for the little guy to take in.

Meanwhile, Keiko (currently in the form of a fifteen foot long black water dragon) relaxes since Leah doesn't seem to need any defending... not that Leah really needs help, but still... little upstart elfy foxling... She's still grumbling silently to herself when evil saunters in. Keiko watches Clarissa and Nicole curiously and with no small bit of admiration: here were two people that looked decidedly cool!

Keiko's older sister Noriko is still by the fox cola machine, and watches the pair quietly.

But greeting duty is the heavily-pregnant Felina's job today, and she does so

Welcome, honored guests! The snacks on green trays are vegetarian, the ones on blue trays have fish, the brown trays have beef or pork, the yellow one is chicken or duck, and the red one has mouse and other specialty foods. There's a wide variety, so if you aren't sure what something is just ask! My name is Felina.

Elsewhere, Caroline looks at Jinkei seriously

I know you have had trouble with Leah's family, and I sympathize for your pain but as a temple employee, I expect you to behave yourself professionally at official events even if a guest whom you do not particularly care for has arrived.

then, more softly

Especially if the step-mother of the guest, who thinks the world of her, is glaring daggers at your back. And fantastically so when that person is Keiko no Mae!

But hey, Noriko's here too. She could probably stop her sister from eating Jinkei. Maybe.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-02-07 at 10:21 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

On the way to Caroline, Jinkei‎ picked up a bit of seal and a mouse, the latter which she munches on before getting to her destination.

She nods, her ears briefly flicking down. "I'm sorry, Caroline." When it's mentioned that Keiko is Leah's stepmum, her eyes widen and she looks shocked. "What? Keiko is Leah's... what?" She whirls to look incredulously at Keiko, who's still presumably glaring daggers at her. "There's no accounting for taste, I guess." She cringes a little bit.‎

Still, she likes Keiko, so she mouths a 'sorry' and turns back to Caroline. "I want to ask that I'm warned when Leah or Cleo shows up. Petty, mean and vindictive, and at their ages." She murmurs in an annoyed tone, munching on seal.

Thankfully, Allie isn't like that. Oh, Allie. Sweet, pretty and warm Allie. If only she could show Allie that they can get along better again. No, it's not an obsession, and she'll outright deny it if asked. (It's totally an obsession )‎

6. - Top - End - #66

[Full Moon Party]

Well, here we have a little more of the modest crowd of partygoers. Arlem is another fox-thing in heavy, brightly colored robes. Not exactly a vulpan, because he does have six tails. But quite close. Waving to that Gardevoir, setting his bracelet (an eclectic collection of beads) rattling.
    "Over here."
    That scent. That reaction. Oh my.

Love, the one with the wings is Melina's biological mother, or at least a very good imitation.

He turns his attention to Clarissa and her companion, trying to read their minds, discern their thoughts and intentions. Are they the type to wear their will on their sleeve, or do they keep it all locked up tightly, barely considering before they act? Do they notice or care? Perhaps their brains are full of puzzles.

"Please, enjoy what celebration we can manage in this cold."

Leah takes a few steps over to the sand fox and the guest.

"Kitnick? Have you ever seen the ocean?"

Just the one question ought to lead to sufficient amazement for the other guy to either escape or redirect the conversation.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-02-07 at 11:45 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Let it never be said that Sherlock Holmes is Arlem's better. Arlem's powers of deduction are nothing short of uncanny, his/her body is as mutable as moist clay on a potter's wheel, and he's an excellent family man to boot because he's kind, attentive, and not addicted to cocaine. 'Tis a pity that his lifespan is so short.

Melancholy realities aside, Arlem will quickly discover that Clarissa's mind is an insidious contraption, a multi-layered maze, each level more intricate than the last. Her emotions erratically bob up and down on the surface without much rhyme or reason, intense but transitory glimpses into the workings of her mind that, when closely examined, belie an underlying order in this chaos. Arlem, being an old hand at invading people's minds and deciphering their thoughts, should recognize that Clarissa is one entity with no less than nine subordinate personalities or minds that instruct a master personality or mind on how to interpret and interact with the world around her. Hypothetically, the subordinate personalities or minds could overpower the master personality or mind under the right (or wrong, depending on your perspective) conditions. Arlem may note, however, that they often conflict with each other, thus keeping each other in check. On the second layer, which is no more secure than the first layer, Arlem will find Clarissa's conscious thoughts. It's much easier to make sense of this level than the previous level. Currently, Clarissa is thinking about how much she wants to run up to Melina and give her a big hug, but she doesn't know if that would be in Melina's best interests and is quite worried about how Melina might become a target if it becomes common knowledge that she is Melina's mother. One of her subordinate personalities/minds is busy boasting of the sheer number of many ways in which she's killed people in the past in an attempt to encourage her to do it. The list is disturbingly extensive. Another of Clarissa's subordinate personalities/minds is demanding that she try some of the snacks on the red platters before she departs. The third layer of Clarissa's mind Arlem would be wise not to touch with a thirty-nine and a half foot pole. The door granting entry to this layer is unlocked, but what dwells beyond the threshold is alien and unknowable. This is where Clarissa's subconscious resides in all of its horrifying glory, and try as she might to change herself into something resembling a human, Clarissa is anything but - as contact with this layer would evince.

Nicole's mind is much more shielded than her mother's. Still, Arlem should be able to glean a something from a cursory glance into it - namely that Nicole is wondering why Melina is a Pokemon and why she has a good feeling about the dragon in the corner.

While Arlem is distracted and possibly being driven over the edge by what lurks on the third layer of Clarissa's mind, a joyful Clarissa warmly returns Felina's greeting.

"Heh. It's not often we're welcomed to public events with open arms, Felina, so thanks for your hospitality."

Clarissa looks at Melina then back at Felina and again.

Step One: Introductions.

"I'm Clarissa von Smith, and this is my daughter, Nicole."

Clarissa attempts to shake hands with Felina. Should she succeed in this attempt, Nicole will attempt to do the same.

"Nice to meet you."

Step Two: Create a diversion.

"Y'know, if the cold is bothering y'all, I could place an order..."

Nicole whips out her cell phone and hammers on the keyboard before anyone has a chance to ask what she's up to.

"...with this awesome online retailer that delivers all of their..."

Tap! Tap! Tap!

"...products nigh instantaneously via teleportation..."

Just one signature and - bingo!

"...for a few crates of fox-friendly brandy and space heaters."

Speak of the devil! Several delivery men have attempted to teleport into the temple with four large crates of a fox-friendly brandy equivalent and space heaters!

"Where d'ya want 'em, boss?"

A burly man carrying a form and a cheap pen in one hand wearing a blue jumpsuit with the words Jimmy's Delivery Service plastered on the back in big, yellow, boldface asks no one in particular as Nicole seizes the form and signs for the shipment.

While this is going on, Clarissa attempts to casually stroll past Melina and out of the door she just entered from.

-------
    [Tamamo, Morgana, and Saeed]

A newcomer approaches and reveals that he has been eavesdropping on Lady Morgana's very, very private conversation right after he introduces himself as some sort of god-prince.

Processing new information...
    Information processed.
    Loading response...
    Response loaded.

Lady Morgana wheels about to face the wayward fox and attempts to slap the side of his muzzle. She's quite short compared to him, and she's not trying to injure him, so the slap amounts to little more than a light smack to his face, assuming it connects.

Angrily, she snarls at him. He may be a god and a prince, but that doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants with no consequences whatsoever!

"How dare you! You could not help but spy on me from behind a hedge for several minutes before making your presence known, and now you're propositioning me? If you wish to be treated like a god-prince, you must behave like a god-prince, not a stalker!"

It's clear as day that Lady Morgana is not at peace right now, and...

Wait a minute...

Tamamo is a god-princess and this fellow is a god-prince from a different bloodline! He's... *Morgana's eyes narrow!* How dare he!

"I'm not blind; I can see what you're up to, prince! You're trying to use me to make Princess Tamamo jealous!"

That would...actually make a quite a bit of sense. As far as the ruling class is concerned, "romantic" relationships, marriage in particular, are just other types political tools at their disposal.

"You may be more powerful than me, but that doesn't give you the right to treat me like a pawn in a celestial game of chess!"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2016-02-07 at 07:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Tha man just nods and turns back to his food as Leah joins. He got why she joined in, but he hopes beeing distracted by the food would lead the sand fox to somthing else.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Kitnick tilts his head in adorable fashion and blinks at Leah

Ocean? I don't think so... what's that?

Caroline sighs

We do not get notified ahead of time when someone will visit, Katharina: you know that.

Felina happily shakes hands

Nice to meet you.

It's in-between that Arlem's little "FYI" arrives. She shakes Nicole's hand then looks over at her sister and looks like she's about to say something...

but then Nicole orders brandy and equipment. The sanctuary being one of the two places on the "except" list for teleportation blocking, it works without trouble and distractions do appear.

While Nicole is still typing, Keiko speaks up!

Oooh! Clarissa?! Melina: is that your Mom? You didn't tell us your family was coming! I mean, you're ... uh ...

Um, Hi! I'm Princess Keiko no Mae! Second-youngest of the Ninetails!

Melina looks uncertain and really wishes she'd put a little more practice in...

<Thank you, Keiko... yes.>

She smiles a bit bashfully, ignoring the arrival of delivery people

<Hello again, Nicole. And hello Mother. Sorry for being this weird shape, I'm still not very good at changing yet. But I think I have the basic operation figured out and I was about to... uh...>

Then Clarissa walks right past and out into the snowy meditation garden...

<Uh...>

Katrina looks at the brandy

OOh, good choice, Nicole: that's pretty good stuff - we go through lots of that at the club!

Yeah... nobody seems particularly disturbed, actually...

[Tamamo, Morgana, and Saeed]

Tamamo's jaw hangs open for a moment as a completely unknown somebody charges up and ... well ... talks a lot like Keiko

The who what now?

But Morgana is unsurprisingly startled and then offended.

I'm terribly sorry, Lady Morgana: this is a public place, even if it is somewhat secluded.

then she looks disapprovingly at Saeed

That was rather excessive and poorly done, sir. Congratulations on your quick hearing, but shame on your lack of propriety.

10. - Top - End - #70

[Full Moon Party]

"It's a whole desert made out of water."

Leah grins and pats Kitnick on the head.

Skill, cheating...it's all the same, really. Arlem frowns. Questionable way to put a mind together. Not stable, really, even with them counterbalancing each other. And listen to that one, going on and on about methods of killing.

No one is going to care, Clarissa. This is a peaceful place, and who else remembers you?"

Not the worst way you could put a mind together, he supposes. There are people like him who do that. Snap up minds and use them as props, you know. He takes a look through the threshold, pokes around a bit with a forty foot pole.

"Go on, Melina. Show us!"

There's some things he doesn't need to know. Really shouldn't ever be his problem to sort out a mind that...well, he's not sure it should be called a mind, really. How many people could you fit in there? So he turns to watch the Gardevoir. Surely it would be impressive to go out and see Clarissa having just proven what she can do.

Anyway, there's more warming equipment. He'll have to go double-check that, make sure no part of the sanctuary is overly heated.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-02-08 at 12:24 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Jinkei sighs and glances away. "It's just... oh, let us speak of more pleasant things." She waves a hand dismissively, wanting to be done with the subject. The party must go on!

Not even Leah can ruin her fun. Or the, oh, Ravfadern (Fox father, as I figure a Swedish fox nation wouldn't use 'Inari')! Why does Nicole have to be here, too?!

She quickly turns to face Caroline once more, and the sudden motion causes another dizzy spell. "Ah, dizzy again." She places her hand on her baby bump. "They're going to be strong ones, our kits. Would you like to be a godmother, Caroline?"‎
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-02-17 at 03:42 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

The winged one, who had nearly reached the passageway to the sanctuary's inhospitable exterior before Keiko's words fully sunk in, stops dead in her tracks as her devious scheme falls to pieces. They know. Everyone knows, and they don't care? ... Truly?

A handful of tense seconds rhythmically tick into eternity before Clarissa spins around, dashes over to Melina, and attempts to give the bewildered Pokemon the warmest of hugs. She doesn't care what Melina looks like - Melina is her beloved daughter all the same.

"I can't believe how much you've grown, Melina!"

Clarissa effuses, tears of joy freely streaming down her cheeks.

"When last we met, you were so small that - I just can't believe it has been so long."

"The second that Nicole told me how lonely you were, I sealed the gate to the best of my ability and journeyed here to meet you! I'm so sorry that I couldn't be here for you sooner, my daughter - I was so focused on keeping this realm safe for you and your sisters, that I lost sight of what really matters to me."

The blasted gate can go chain itself up! She just can't bear to live like that anymore! She can't stand idly by while her children suffer, even if that means things start to seep through the cracks!

As Arlem delves even deeper into the dark depths of Clarissa's mind, he may begin to feel a bit strange. A few of the memories he could experience on this layer would rend a mortal mind asunder, but there's (potentially) something comforting about this layer, something that might compel him to remain here for a spell. He might feel more complete while in contact with this layer of Clarissa's mind, as if he is stronger when linked to Clarissa like this, as if he belongs here with her. He might begin to understand her will, her story - how she, no, how they (attempted mental compulsion) were betrayed by the gods, how they were cast out, how they became everything they loathed - a vile beast ruled by vice and violence, a wretched killer with no place in this world or the next - how all that changed the day they met Dave, how much they love her children, and how that love only grew when Dave disappeared. He may understand how important it is to them to keep their children safe, to ensure that they grow up in a decent world where they can live their lives however they choose.

They, not she. Arlem and Clarissa (mentalll compuuuulsion).

As for the portable heating units, they are rechargeable magical portable heating units (see the instruction booklet for information on how to recharge your heating unit with one simple spell).

Nicole is pleased with this outcome (Clarissa's reunion with Melina, not Arlem potentially integrating into Clarissa's miniature hivemind). She quietly dismisses the deliverymen before offering Keiko and Katrina her full attention.

"If you're partial to this brand, miss, you're welcome to one of the cases now and whatever remains after the party. I reckon that it'd take a week's worth of partying or more for y'all to run out of drinks now, so you should be able to bathe in what's left after the party if you want."

Nicole lightheartedly chuckles.

"Don't actually do that. It stings like the dickens."

Nicole should know.

"Or if you're dead-set on doing that, don't forget to send me an invitation. It'd more fun if I joined in 'cause at the end of the event, I'd be there to lick your wounds."

"Aaaanyway, nice to meet you, Princess Keiko, though, if you don't mind me saying, you look more like you're in the business of eating princesses than parading around a court somewhere, not that there's anything wrong with that - other than the mind-numbing boredom that can accompany that sort of life if you're a more adventurous sort."

((Very tired. Must sleep. Will try to post for the other scene in the morning.))

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Caroline looks down at Jinkei's tummy

Oh, my! Um... certainly, I would be honored.

No, nobody's surprised... the Temple that has seen everyone from the wererat assassin Renrik to the demon-god Merant continues on its mission to welcome anyone who comes in peace.

Melina brightens up considerably and returns the hug warmly!

<It's so awesome to finally meet you! Things finally started to make sense after I met Nicole... my adoptive family was always great, but I never fit in and I never knew why. And then the school...>

Felina busies herself with arranging the snacks, a mix of joy for her sister... er aunt... er... whatever... a bit of embarrassment for leaving things to go so badly at Zafflebrod's, a touch of anger at the school, and a bit of woolgathering about what variation of grandparent-in-law that made Clarissa and how Nicole would also be aunt of a sort, and a gentle apprehension that grandfather might somehow manage to show up.

Katrina grins at Nicole and gives her a quick looking-over. Given the cold Katrina's not dressed in her usual fantastically-revealing outfit, but she certainly appreciates Nicole's

Thanks! It'll be good to have a better stock here. And yeah, bathing's not a good plan... it leaves your fur smelling really weird, too - brandy just doesn't make a good perfume.

And hi, Nicole! I'm Katrina Fitzgerald, I run publicity for the Temple and also for the La Fontaine nightclub over on Orchard Road. That's a good look on you.

Meanwhile, Keiko chuckles

Well... 'princess' means dad's a king, after all, and when "dad" is the demon dragon Yamata no Orochi, things get a little more interesting. But you're not wrong - palace life is boring! I don't stay there any more than I have to.

Then she tilts her head thoughtfully

But hmmm... I don't think I've ever eaten a princess... there was that one annoying chick who vowed to hunt me down, but I think her father was only a regional prefect.

This gets gasps from the lingering crowd of dragon-fascinated children who are shocked that their friend actually ate people and pelt her with questions. Keiko ducks her head embarrassedly

Only bad people who totally deserved it! And I didn't know I could be a dragon back then - I was just a big black fox with nine tails.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-02-09 at 10:17 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

[Full Moon Party]

Nice simple heaters. Pretty good piece of enchanting work, they are.

Now, about these thoughts. Very nice, like a fluffy down comforter set lightly about you in a room that doesn't really need it. There's the atrocities, the scarring horrors - a mind can hold quite a bit though. Not that it really should...Arlem doesn't look too closely.
    It's a good set of thoughts. He belongs here...does he?
    There's so many places he belongs. Down in the ocean, hunting...or was it tending to the library? Turning pages, updating catalogs. That's where he belongs. Up in the mountains, with the spiders. Fighting demons and spreading all good things to the world. That's where he belongs. Out in the woods along the shore. Looking for his friend, even to the ends of the universe. That's where he belongs. A few rooms away, with Felina.
    As if any one belonging could hold him in place.
    The story lulls him back. Until the inconsistencies start to pop up. When the gods cast them out, they kept their head high. They were a killer with a cause, the whole world cut to fit them! How could part of them forget what they'd done? How they walked the decks, a light without source, fighting rogue gods to help the mortals who wouldn't, couldn't? What vice could compare to the Truth? Wasn't hate just another sharp knife on their belts? Aren't they better than that?

That was most enlightening. But no story is that compelling. Clarissa isn't the first one to try to fill his head with someone else's memories and tell him who he is. She might be glad to note that she's the best at it to date.

He doesn't rise up. Doesn't sink deeper. Doesn't close his eyes. They are curiously looking at themselves.

What then, are we? Very different. Somewhere alike.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Kitnick blinks in stunned amazement, skipping several entire rounds without the ability to say anything.

That's... amazing...

he blinks, and swallows

I think I need to go get something to drink...

and he wanders off toward Katrina's table, blissfully oblivious to the other goings-on around him. There, he takes a glass of Nicole's gift that's rather larger than he really ought to, and begins to drink it faster than is at all prudent... spluttering somewhat less than one might expect.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Jinkei reaches to grab a nearby chair and flops on it, exhaling and putting a hand to her woozy head. She pops the large piece of seal she's been holding in her mouth and enjoys the taste.

She giggles. "You didn't know? It's Zack's. About 3 months, now. I'm sure they'll love you, Caroline." She says, beaming. "Are you busy? I was thinking we could take a walk while we talk... when the dizzyness passes..."‎

Speaking of which: is Nie'Riel pregnant?‎

She glances around and spots Kitnick chugging a glass. "I vote we should keep an eye on Kitnick."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-02-10 at 05:33 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

[Full Moon Party]

After Kitnick is out of hearing range, the man speaks up to Leah.

"Thank you miss. I guess he would have endless questions if you didn't stop him."

18. - Top - End - #78

[Full Moon Party - In which a well-meaning Fenethi has been distracted, and the milieu moves on]

"You're welcome. One has to appreciate the wonder of someone seeing all this for the first time. But it can get tiresome, can't it? I'm 'Leah', if you didn't overhear. What can I call you?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Caroline smiles at Jinkei

I did recall that you intended to start a family with Mr. Masters... I did not realize your season was quite so close at hand.

then a chuckle

The snow is piling somewhat deeply for a walk to be pleasant, Katharina. And if you are having dizzy spells you should not be about too much. That can be a bad sign... have you had your blood pressure checked?

Then she looks over at Kitnick and his glass...

Oh my... was that glass full? He is too small to drink so much.

But it's far too late, and the now tipsy fennec notices Nicole at last and grins at her.

Sheesh pretty!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Jinkei smiles back. "Arctic fox here! I'm most at home in this kind of weather. The dizzy spell is passing, it's part of pregnancy. If that sounds weird, remember that I'm an elf that can shapeshift into a fox. The other way round also applies."

When Caroline makes her comment about Kitnick being too small to chug a tall glass of alcohol, she gets up and beckons Caroline to follow her. "I agree. I think he needs a chaperone at this point, wouldn't you agree?"

Assuming she isn't stopped, or assuming Caroline does follow, she'll take Kitnick's hand and attempt to lead him to a chair. "Do you know what you just drank, Kitnick?"‎

21. - Top - End - #81

[Full Moon Party - To Long Titel]

The man stands up and makes a slight bow as he introduces himself.

"I'm Andreas Emerald, but most people call me Andy." he says. "Yeah, it can and I'm sorry that I didn't heared your name before."

22. - Top - End - #82

[Full Moon Party - Andy]

"Oh!"

Leah gives a slight bow in response, now that he's communicated the level of genteel behavior appropriate here.

"Well, let me avoid endless questions. Tell me something."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #83

[Full Moon Party - Andy & leah]

Andy shrugs as he sits back again, offering Leah another seat con the same table.

"Not really much. I was sleeping for a bit latly. I think it has been a few months. Must be a Nexus thing. Still it didn't help. The bad times befor are still present."

24. - Top - End - #84

[Full Moon Party - Andy & Leah]

Leah takes the offered space at the table, pushing the chair out of the way (she doesn't really fit in most seating).

"Bad times - want to talk them over, or just let them disappear into the past? And yeah, the nexus - our time jsut rushes by. I find it helps to have a pattern to your days - set yourself up so that if you open your eyes and everything is changed, you were going how you wanted, you know?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #85

[Full Moon Party - Andy & Leah]

"If time hasn't donw anything yet, I don't see it disapear anytime alter." He replies.
    "It's not really a big story. My girlfriend left the Nexus some time ago. Wasn't together with her that long, but I liked to. Then there is work. I never really had much to do here since it's all covered with magic and stuff. On top of that, most of ym friends disapeared as well. They obviously left Nexus for their own reasons. it just feels like I'm left behind."

26. - Top - End - #86

[Full Moon Party]

Leah nods knowingly.
    "People just move on. Someone you care about vanishes, and for entirely their own reasons. You can't even think that you could have done better."
    "But look at it this way - you get to stay and experience the Nexus longer. Nothing to do but keep going, make new friends."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Waiting for Nicole and Clarissa, I'm afraid...

[Hot Spring Baths]

While the Temple is not blessed with a natural hot spring, it's just lovely what a bit of enchantment can do these days

With a whoosh of magic, Keiko and presumably Cleo arrive in the washing-up area for one of the main pools. Sounds from outside indicate the facility is not empty - but that's hardly surprising. Keiko looks around

Hmm... everything looks so small now! Anyway, it's polite to wash up before going to the pool. Just so you don't get surprised: this pool's open-access for all adult members so you never know just who you'll see, but not guests: there's a separate one for them.

Out in the pool, Zack is relaxing after a long day with the kids and Pokémon... Nie'Riel is here, but is Jinkei?
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-02-13 at 02:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

[Hot Spring Baths]

Cleo goes to wash up - wouldn't do to be impolite. Cold, not nearly as fun as the sea. But after all the fighting and exploring and traipsing through the mountains, definitely nice.

"Uh, Keiko, I'm a guest too, aren't I?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hot Spring Baths]

Keiko giggles as she finishes washing up, and gives Cleo an affectionate little tongue-flick kiss

"Guests" in this case meaning people staying at the hospital, guest hostel or apartments, or schoolkids. Not "guests of members"... besides: you qualify as family now anyway. Nobody would question if you showed up by yourself.

30. - Top - End - #90

[Hot Spring Baths]

Cleo looks down, bashful, and then brushes playfully past Keiko on her way from the washing to the springs.

"Oh."
    "Is anything about this place your temple, like it is Tamamo's at night?"

She's grinning.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine