New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 54 - Ten Years of Foxes

[Dorm]

Lyle shrugs and abandons changing his clothes, and Kartuk heads to his own bunk

Sure.

Peng brightens up

Oh! Yeah: they love the idea of a picnic. Dad has next Sunday off.

[School]

Genji learns many things quickly. At his display, Jian relents immediately and her ears relax to a nonthreatening posture

It's ok... Now try again, Francois.

The little todd is stubborn, though: insisting on using his hand instead of his tail.

Je ne veux pas sur ma queue. Je veux le feu dans ma main. Je veux que ce soit bleu et rond.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Dorm]

Lyle shrugs and abandons changing his clothes, and Kartuk heads to his own bunk

Sure.

Peng brightens up

Oh! Yeah: they love the idea of a picnic. Dad has next Sunday off.

[School]

Genji learns many things quickly. At his display, Jian relents immediately and her ears relax to a nonthreatening posture

It's ok... Now try again, Francois.

The little todd is stubborn, though: insisting on using his hand instead of his tail.

Je ne veux pas sur ma queue. Je veux le feu dans ma main. Je veux que ce soit bleu et rond.
    Dorm

Genji nods with a smile, "We get the weekends to ourselves, right? I'm pretty sure they said we only have assignments Monday through Friday... so yeah, Sunday sounds like a plan to me, does that work for everyone else?" he looks around the room, looking for assent from the other young men.

School

Genji eventually relaxes his posture somewhat, keeping silent for the moment and watching the young todd attempt to alter the way his body works with sheer willpower. He doesn't expect that Francois will succeed, but if he does, it could be interesting, at the least. Genji had originally considered coming over to help, but after how Jian reacted to a joke, he doubted that his offer to help would be taken any better than when he offered to help that other human girl, and probably a bit worse, to boot.
    Last edited by deleteman900; 2016-08-26 at 11:03 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dorm]

Lyle chuckles

Not so fast: you get most weekends to yourself, but sometimes you will get weekend duty.

He glances at his desk, where a small desk-calendar has Sunday this week circled

But sanctuary duty's more boring than hard, and I'm sure I can sneak off for your picnic.

Kartuk affirms his availability, and since Peng suggested it that's rather obvious.

Kartik's got this Sunday off too, so it's all good.

[School]

Jian closes her eyes and takes a deep breath

Kids in the Nexus...

Stubbornly forcing your language into Cheritanni is not going to help, little one: I can still understand you. You are not going to be able to get it into your hand until you learn how to control it, and you can't do that until after you learn to create it in the first place.

If you want a pretty, round, blue fire then you need to work at it. You can't skip right to the end!

Francois looks sullenly at her, then glances at Genji. He is the perfect picture of a scowly little child: both completely adorable and utterly exasperating.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dorm]

Lyle chuckles

Not so fast: you get most weekends to yourself, but sometimes you will get weekend duty.

He glances at his desk, where a small desk-calendar has Sunday this week circled

But sanctuary duty's more boring than hard, and I'm sure I can sneak off for your picnic.

Kartuk affirms his availability, and since Peng suggested it that's rather obvious.

Kartik's got this Sunday off too, so it's all good.

[School]

Jian closes her eyes and takes a deep breath

Kids in the Nexus...

Stubbornly forcing your language into Cheritanni is not going to help, little one: I can still understand you. You are not going to be able to get it into your hand until you learn how to control it, and you can't do that until after you learn to create it in the first place.

If you want a pretty, round, blue fire then you need to work at it. You can't skip right to the end!

Francois looks sullenly at her, then glances at Genji. He is the perfect picture of a scowly little child: both completely adorable and utterly exasperating.
    Dorm

"We don't even reliably get weekends off? What a drag, man..." Genji huffs, "Well, I think I'm only Monday through Friday this week, so I sh ould be good on Sunday as well. We're all bringing cultural dishes, right?" he glances over at Kartuk suspiciously, wondering if he was being serious about eating small, whole fish.

School

Genji shook his head when Francois looked over at him, silently encouraging him to just play along, and try to summon the foxfire on his tail, unswayed by any amount of adorableness in the face of a potentially irritable Jian.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dorm]

Lyle chuckles

Who else's going to man the place? Temple doesn't close for the weekend, you know.

Peng nods

That's the idea... and you'll get to try Lyle's much-lauded "In and Out Burgers"... which despite the vaguely unsettling connotations of the name is actually a restaurant chain.

Kartuk just smiles. Kartik snores.

[School]

Jian smiles reassuringly

Try again, sweetie.

He protests weakly one last time...

Je ne veux pas sur ma queue.

Then closes his eyes and relaxes... momentarily, a happy little pale blue ball burns brightly at the end of his tail

Jian claps and grins at Genji

Look! He did it!

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dorm]

Lyle chuckles

Who else's going to man the place? Temple doesn't close for the weekend, you know.

Peng nods

That's the idea... and you'll get to try Lyle's much-lauded "In and Out Burgers"... which despite the vaguely unsettling connotations of the name is actually a restaurant chain.

Kartuk just smiles. Kartik snores.

[School]

Jian smiles reassuringly

Try again, sweetie.

He protests weakly one last time...

Je ne veux pas sur ma queue.

Then closes his eyes and relaxes... momentarily, a happy little pale blue ball burns brightly at the end of his tail

Jian claps and grins at Genji

Look! He did it!
    Dorm

Genji grumbles inaudibly, before huffing and making as if to lay down in his bed, "I suppose the place WOULD fall apart without us looking after it. Guess I just have to find my fun where I can, and hope I can maybe aspire to have a life someday..." he shrugs, bundling up in his blankets.

School

Genji grins, first at the little kit, then at Jian, feeling an odd swell of emotion that seemed closest to pride on behalf of the todd. Great work, Frankie! I knew you had it in you... We'll have that foxfire in your paw rather than on your tail in no time! his tail swishes excitedly, almost at a wag, though he does restrain himself in short order. "So... could I get a little more one on one coaching, Miss Jian? I think I don't quite understand the core concepts we went over today..." he grins cheekily, hoping it's clear to her that he just wants to hang out if she's not busy already.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Yard]

The guards arrive at the door and check the log

Yeah... the system detected a mirror-version.

The mirrors were very often hostile. Can you check that "your" Plum is ok?
    Kep nods slowly.
    "She's been fine so far. Linked back up with no problem, no mind control that we can detect, no tampering, everything's in accord. Been subject to an area dispel and some low-level magic. Nothing lasting."
    "The mirror was a little unfriendly at first, but it's actually nice. You know there's not a mirror of me? Just the original six of 'em. They're all kinda wishy. On the other hand, it's not linking anymore. Might be plotting something."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dorm]

Lyle grins

You know it!

and it falls quiet...

[School]

The kits wags his tail furiously and grins

Hooray!!!!

Katsuo coughs

And now, it's time for the next class: so now all of you run along to wherever it is you are supposed to be next!

Jian's eyes go wide

Oh no - I'm going to be late! Um... later... after dinner. I'll try to find you in the main cafeteria at 6.

and she scurries to the desk and grabs a satchel then runs off as fast as she can! The kits also toddle off in several different directions.

[Yard]

The guards nod, and one of them enters the code to unlock the door, which then ponderously opens to let the Plums out.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dorm]

Lyle grins

You know it!

and it falls quiet...

[School]

The kits wags his tail furiously and grins

Hooray!!!!

Katsuo coughs

And now, it's time for the next class: so now all of you run along to wherever it is you are supposed to be next!

Jian's eyes go wide

Oh no - I'm going to be late! Um... later... after dinner. I'll try to find you in the main cafeteria at 6.

and she scurries to the desk and grabs a satchel then runs off as fast as she can! The kits also toddle off in several different directions.

[Yard]

The guards nod, and one of them enters the code to unlock the door, which then ponderously opens to let the Plums out.
    Dorm

Genji is already fast asleep, tail twitching slightly as he dreams pleasant dreams of the future....

School

Genji chuckles, ruffling the kit's head-fur affectionately before leaning over to steal a quick hug from Jian, whispering a brief "Thanks for the lesson, teach. I'll make sure to bring snacks..." before headed off to his own next class, tail swishing happily as he goes. He thinks he remembers it being Formal Magic, though he could be wrong...

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Pixie in the Playground

[Formal Magic]

Genji gets into his seat not long before the professor walks in.

She is the epitome of an Erdanna Grey Elf: nearly six and a half feet tall but slenderly built though respectably "endowed", wih flowing sliver hair, medium gray eyes, and a skin tone that did not readily admit to there being red blood beneath while not distressingly ashen...

and an aura of power around her that is quite frankly painful to look at if you are sensitive to such things.

Good morning, class. I am Chrystis, second Archimedian of the Tower of Moonlight from the Collegium Arcanum. I will be taking the place of my great-great-grand-daughter while she attends to her new child.

Welcome to Introduction to Principles of Formal Magic. You are about to begin on a course of study that barely touches the surface of a world most people do not realize even exists. You will receive the benefits of twelve thousand years of constant work, hope, dreams, and sacrifice... and perhaps some of you will carry on the honorable tradition.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-08-27 at 10:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Formal Magic]

Genji gets into his seat not long before the professor walks in.

She is the epitome of an Erdanna Grey Elf: nearly six and a half feet tall but slenderly built though respectably "endowed", wih flowing sliver hair, medium gray eyes, and a skin tone that did not readily admit to there being red blood beneath while not distressingly ashen...

and an aura of power around her that is quite frankly painful to look at if you are sensitive to such things.

Good morning, class. I am Chrystis, second Archimedian of the Tower of Moonlight from the Collegium Arcanum. I will be taking the place of my great-great-grand-daughter while she attends to her new child.

Welcome to Introduction to Principles of Formal Magic. You are about to begin on a course of study that barely touches the surface of a world most people do not realize even exists. You will receive the benefits of twelve thousand years of constant work, hope, dreams, and sacrifice... and perhaps some of you will carry on the honorable tradition.
    Genji shrinks into his seat a bit, intimidated by her opening speech so far just a little bit. Twelve thousand years! He was blind to any aura she might have, though he could sense it in the way his hackles raised slightly, almost like the thrum of energy in a power line, and hoped she didn't call on him too soon, since he didn't know the first thing about formal magic... Nonetheless though, his tail subconsciously flicked, not entirely immune to the charms that his sub-conscious noticed, even if he'd only just met the instructor for this class. Curious, he nosed around, seeing what sort of smells he could pick up from his classmates, and started trying to sort out which ones meant what.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Pixie in the Playground

[Formal Magic]

Genji is not alone: nearly every male around him would give anything to get her attention... and quite a few of the females, too. ANd *everyone* is utterly intimidated to the point that there's not a small amount of the scent of urine in the air...

If the elf can tell, she doesn't show it. (( She can't. they make humans look like fantastic odor connoisseurs ))

Let us begin.

The world you inhabit is far simpler than you suppose, though doubtless you notice the effects every day. Hot. Cold. Light. Dark. Yet somehow the explanations fall short:

Dark is "merely" the absence of light... except when it is not.
    Cold is "simply" the absence of heat... though you would swear this is wrong...

And it IS wrong.

We do not live in an... "unsigned"... universe; to steal a term from our technological friends. We live in a "signed" one. And that is of critical importance.

There is Heat: positive, energetic, fiery... energy flows from heat

There is Cold: negative, passive, icy... energy flows toward cold

If neither are present, you have nothing. A palpable lack of heat movement that is itself important.

And an astonishingly important fact... is it possible to tell the difference between "nothing" and "equal amounts of heat and cold"?

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Formal Magic]

Genji is not alone: nearly every male around him would give anything to get her attention... and quite a few of the females, too. ANd *everyone* is utterly intimidated to the point that there's not a small amount of the scent of urine in the air...

If the elf can tell, she doesn't show it. (( She can't. they make humans look like fantastic odor connoisseurs ))

Let us begin.

The world you inhabit is far simpler than you suppose, though doubtless you notice the effects every day. Hot. Cold. Light. Dark. Yet somehow the explanations fall short:

Dark is "merely" the absence of light... except when it is not.
    Cold is "simply" the absence of heat... though you would swear this is wrong...

And it IS wrong.

We do not live in an... "unsigned"... universe; to steal a term from our technological friends. We live in a "signed" one. And that is of critical importance.

There is Heat: positive, energetic, fiery... energy flows from heat

There is Cold: negative, passive, icy... energy flows toward cold

If neither are present, you have nothing. A palpable lack of heat movement that is itself important.

And an astonishingly important fact... is it possible to tell the difference between "nothing" and "equal amounts of heat and cold"?
    Genji remains silent, not sure what the answer is. He remembers something about wind that his mom taught him when he was little, that high pressure flows to low pressure, and when they equalized, there was still more area on the outside edges of the front that was unbalanced. Unless the whole world was exactly the same pressurization, which was incredibly unlikely, the wind was always flowing somewhere. After a few moments, if nobody has spoken up, he will raise his hand and offer this analogy, uncertain how to translate it into the jargon the professor is using.

14. - Top - End - #1244

[Yard]
    And out comes Plum and other Plum. The original is totally calm and at ease and smiles and waves to the guards. "Hey guys! Do you think we can leave the artifact hunt until morning? This, of course, is mirror-me. It's a hard world over there, but without her I wouldn't have escaped yet."
    The mirror, well, she looks kinda lost. What is this world and what is she doing here? And now waiting for recovery of the staff? What is the angle of these wicked Town folk? She smiles with just half her mouth, and holds her hands up, partially shrugging, partially trying to look unarmed and harmless.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-08-28 at 12:51 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Pixie in the Playground

[Formal Magic]

The professor's piercing grey eyes look deep into Genji, and she smiles

Precisely. "Perfect Balance" is both localized and temporary, while true nothingness both endures, and is utterly useless.

So! Many of you are fox spirits: capable of creating the image of fire without it's true semblance. You make light without heat... and yet, even your light fails to illuminate. What do you suppose explains that?

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Formal Magic]

The professor's piercing grey eyes look deep into Genji, and she smiles

Precisely. "Perfect Balance" is both localized and temporary, while true nothingness both endures, and is utterly useless.

So! Many of you are fox spirits: capable of creating the image of fire without it's true semblance. You make light without heat... and yet, even your light fails to illuminate. What do you suppose explains that?
    The fox has to think carefully about this one, and so it's understandable if someone else gets to it first, though he eventually comes up with an answer he believes in. "Hrrm... because it's an image, rather than an actual flame, perhaps? Like, we're essentially putting just enough energy out to be able to trick folks into thinking there's fire there, but not enough to actually cast a respectable amount of light, or generate noticeable heat. Surely there must be some heat generated, or else wouldn't it be cold? If we can only generate negative or positive energy, then I'm guessing it must be miniscule amounts of positive energy that form the suggestion of heat and light."

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Pixie in the Playground

[Formal Magic]

The professor nods

But have you considered that perhaps your fire does give off heat... but also gives off cold in equal amounts and thus cancels the effect?

Thus we have the beginning of Formal Magic: a rigorous, proper investigation into the why and the how of the effects that so many of us take for granted. It is important because only once you truly understand what our magic does can you change what it does with any expectation of reasonable results.

Returning to our example, as it turns out you are correct, Mr. Genji: your fire is putting out both heat and light but at such tiny quantities as to be negligible.

[Yard]

The guards look at each other

That is entirely up to you, Miss. We weren't exactly planning on participating...

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Formal Magic]

The professor nods

But have you considered that perhaps your fire does give off heat... but also gives off cold in equal amounts and thus cancels the effect?

Thus we have the beginning of Formal Magic: a rigorous, proper investigation into the why and the how of the effects that so many of us take for granted. It is important because only once you truly understand what our magic does can you change what it does with any expectation of reasonable results.

Returning to our example, as it turns out you are correct, Mr. Genji: your fire is putting out both heat and light but at such tiny quantities as to be negligible.

[Yard]

That is entirely up to you, Miss. We weren't exactly planning on participating...
    Genji nods slowly, understanding what she's saying for now, and keeping quiet so that she can progress with the lesson, idly half-daydreaming as he watches her lecture for now, and thinking about what kind of goodies to bring for Jian that night, even as he takes notes.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Pixie in the Playground

[School -> Cafeteria]

School is school: it plods along. After school, Genji gets to help stack and sort clean Acolyte uniforms for which there is little interesting to be said.

Finally, dinner time rolls around and Genji finds Jian eating at a table with three other vixens.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Dwarf in the Playground

[School -> Cafeteria]

School is school: it plods along. After school, Genji gets to help stack and sort clean Acolyte uniforms for which there is little interesting to be said.

Finally, dinner time rolls around and Genji finds Jian eating at a table with three other vixens.
    Eager or not, Genji is all too aware that she'd said she would find him, not vice versa, so he made no move to approach for now. Rather, he kept his distance, preferring to nibble at the remnants of his dinner, passing the time idly as he worked on some homework. It... was kinda hard, to be honest, but he hoped that if he kept at it, eventually it wouldn't be as difficult...

That would most likely be how she found him, hard at work on Formal Magic homework, trying to straighten out how the core concepts worked before he had the class again tomorrow.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Genji's patience pays off after a short twenty minutes: Jian comes up with a smile.

hi there, Genji! How was the rest of your day?

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Genji's patience pays off after a short twenty minutes: Jian comes up with a smile.

hi there, Genji! How was the rest of your day?
    The todd smiles, "Not bad at all. Formal Magic kicked my butt, but mysteriously I was in pretty high spirits anyways, heh." he stands to draw out a chair for her if she'd like to sit, "I hope you're not too full, because I did bring some desert if you'd like some..." He sets a small plastic container on the table, and removing the lid from it, reveals some small, round cakes with a topping of what has the consistency of cream, but tastes like raspberries, and a slight, pinkish tint to the spread. The cakes had the best mixture of warm, freshly baked cake batter, and cool, chilled topping, and the topping itself wasn't too sweet at all, almost as if it were made from actual raspberries, ;p "It was almost like I was too busy looking forward to this to really worry about the stress of new classes. How was yours?" he grinned.
    Last edited by deleteman900; 2016-08-28 at 05:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Jian grins

Yeah, Formal can be rough. Did you get the substitute teacher?

Her eyes open wide when Genji reveals the cakes

Oh, wow... those look great. And they smell so good!

she takes one without hesitation and bites into it

mmmmm...

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Jian grins

Yeah, Formal can be rough. Did you get the substitute teacher?

Her eyes open wide when Genji reveals the cakes

Oh, wow... those look great. And they smell so good!

she takes one without hesitation and bites into it

mmmmm...
    There's no kind of funny business about the cakes, they were obviously made with care at some point in the last hour or so from how fresh they taste, and Genji's tail swishes as she is clearly enjoying them, potentially revealing that he made them from how happy he seems. :P

"Yeah, the reactions of the class to her introduction were priceless! I'm not too good at identifying the different scents yet, but fear is pretty unmistakable, heh. I'm guessing that you've had her as well, then? How did your class react to it?" he asks with a grin, paying extra attention to what his nose was picking up, putting some of what Peng taught him to use to see what he could puzzle out.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Jian smiles

These are really good... do you make them?

then she shakes her head

Nah: I'm in third year now, so I've got a different teacher.

26. - Top - End - #1256

[Yard]

"Good, good. I'll want to speak with my mirror, and surely this doesn't need to trouble you."
    "But do let us know if there's any trouble with the mirrors; it might be connected." Kep doesn't name the evil light god, but the concern remains.
    "Uhm, yes."

And, they'll have some investigating to do about Inari's temple department in other continuities. Is she not a transcendent thing, moving across at least two more dimensions than they? Surely the wicked goddess of the kumiho is her as well, in some guise. And then perhaps they could ask a favor of the mirror-department...
    On the other hand, if there really is a hostile mirror-counterpart to their already terrifying boss-

"Thank you for your understanding, and good night!"

Plum takes her mirror by the wrist again, walking off towards the sanctuary to go home, chattering needlessly to Kep about the tunnel-foxes.

[Sanctuary]

It is perhaps another midnight that Anima arrives. The student of elemental magic at Zaff's and often messenger of the Ineffable Lord of Flame skips happily through the arboretum and into the sanctuary.
    "Hello, neighbors."
    Today, no trace of a witchy uniform can be found. She's wearing a grey dress that once belonged to her dear departed* grandmother, and carrying a handbasket. There's a cloth over the basket, but anyone with much of a sense of smell can detect the freshly killed rabbit and the sushi (and the freshly brushed mint-iness of Anima's teeth, to get the blood out).

*A timetraveller, who showed up, the week after she was killed and buried, decades the younger. Anima will have to return the outfit in time for it to be made in the first place.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-08-29 at 12:08 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Jian smiles

These are really good... do you make them?

then she shakes her head

Nah: I'm in third year now, so I've got a different teacher.
    He smiles happily, and from the way the swishing of his tail picks up, she can definitely tell that he's happy she likes them, "Yeah, my mom used to make them for me when I was a kid, so I figured if I liked them, maybe you would too."

He's somewhat confused that the old schnoz is getting 0 feedback, but then he wasn't really expecting things to be that easy, heh. Instead, he takes a seat across from her, "Wow, how many years of curriculum are there typically? Do they really expect all the little one-tail kits to go directly into Formal Magic...? There were some grown men in there that were shivering in their boots from how tough some of the concepts were... Though with how well you did on showing me how to summon my foxfire, and what I saw in class today, it doesn't surprise me that you've gotten that far ahead in the coursework already." He opts to flatter her a little bit, every bit the interested, if inexperienced suitor, even if he is remaining relatively polite about it for the moment to avoid putting her in an uncomfortable position.

At the tail end of saying this, he took one of the small cakes and bit into it, quite enjoying the flavor himself. It honestly surprised him that he didn't eat the whole batch, and have to bake more.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Yes... it is interesting to note how subdued any of that entire class of scent is. Certainly the usual "friendly" and "happy" sorts are floating around, but nothing that would hint at arousal. Nothing to imply the opposite, either, mind you... just... nothing.

But she not only accepted the treat but enjoyed it and complimented it. And her ears are overall demeanor are relaxed and accepting.

They're great! Thanks a lot.

Then she chuckles

You got moved into that class 'cause you're older and tested out of so much. No way little fox-born kits take Formal, not at all. But honestly I'm not that far ahead: I'm a little ahead and technically you're a tiny bit behind - we should both be in second semester.

And you only have to pass two semesters for your priesthood requirements. I kept going 'cause I like it.

but she does catch on to Genji's mild confusion, and chuckles just a bit

Too much magic makes more mundane things obscure sometimes...

Just a tip: don't expect to always be able to smell a vixen clearly: there are certain times that particular... sanitary... measures have to be taken.

[Yard]

The guards nod

We'll let you know if we get any indication of other things coming through. Last time, it was people from this side who had to act - they couldn't open the portals themselves.

But it's easy enough to do by accident...

And alas... if we maintain continuity with the previous event, which so far I have been doing, then mirror-Inari is completely separate and horrible.

[Sanctuary]

Mei is on duty tonight. She smiles at Anima

Greetings, neighbor: may Tamamo defend and keep you. When can we do for you tonight?
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-08-29 at 10:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Yes... it is interesting to note how subdued any of that entire class of scent is. Certainly the usual "friendly" and "happy" sorts are floating around, but nothing that would hint at arousal. Nothing to imply the opposite, either, mind you... just... nothing.

But she not only accepted the treat but enjoyed it and complimented it. And her ears are overall demeanor are relaxed and accepting.

They're great! Thanks a lot.

Then she chuckles

You got moved into that class 'cause you're older and tested out of so much. No way little fox-born kits take Formal, not at all. But honestly I'm not that far ahead: I'm a little ahead and technically you're a tiny bit behind - we should both be in second semester.

And you only have to pass two semesters for your priesthood requirements. I kept going 'cause I like it.

but she does catch on to Genji's mild confusion, and chuckles just a bit

Too much magic makes more mundane things obscure sometimes...

Just a tip: don't expect to always be able to smell a vixen clearly: there are certain times that particular... sanitary... measures have to be taken.

The todd blushed brightly at being seen through so easily, but nodded all the same, "Y-yeah, no problem, heh... and I suppose that makes sense. Forgive me for changing the topic, but did Peng already tell you about the picnic/potluck that the fellas at our dorm were working on? He mentioned always being outnumbered at family functions, so I figured that food was a good enough motivator to get some of the guys there. I don't imagine that all of them are so blessed with lovely company while they dine, so it might make a nice change of pace to be around others." he smiles a little, "I hope you don't mind terribly...?" Genji does, unfortunately, have to play his trump card to salvage the conversation, entirely unsure how to respond to what she'd ended her statement with.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Pokémon Shrine]

Batu clears his throat.

"Um, ma'am? We were told to come here if we had questions about Pokemon."
    The Delphox smiles

I can't pretend to know everything there is to know, but I would be happy to help. What questions did you have?

[Cafeteria]

Jian giggles as Genji fumbles to change the topic... this time, she lets him off the hook.

Peng feels outnumbered, does he? That's funny!

And yes, I did hear about the impending family picnic. It sounds fun, actually.

She smiles, and her ears fold a bit at his continued complimenting: obviously it is working.