New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IC - Ascension

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: IC - Ascension

Mawr, with no restraint, shouts out in such sadness that you'd swear someone killed his puppy in front of him "My hat!" Then, just like a switch was flipped, he growled with growing rage and determination "Mawr get hat."
    Without a care in the world he lept into the crowd and chased after the Fedora wearing villain, dipping and climbing over people to get to his target. If, Gods Willing, he managed to get close enough to swipe at the man he took the opportunity to do so while remaining fairly careful to not damage the hat of his desire.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Acrobatics check to dodge, dip, dive, duck, and dodge. (1d20+10)[19]
    Perception if I need it to find the Fedora: (1d20+10)[12]
    Attack: (1d20+9)[16]
    Confirm: (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage: (1d2)[2] B, (1d4+1)[4] Fire

I doubt I can charge because of the crowd but I will if I can. I'm set on getting that hat now.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2016-02-16 at 11:55 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Shandri evenly meets the stare of the fedora-wearing man, adjusting the grip of her blade just before he dashes off of the stage. His mission has been foiled, most of his allies have been cut down or otherwise incapacitated, and now he's fleeing. Pursuit would be an option, were it not for the fact that there were still people in danger, and she's had a close enough look to provide a detailed description of him for later.

"Please, step aside." She requests of the beautiful woman beside her, her eyes focused on the battle between guard and monster.

Spoiler: No Actions Yet, Just Need to get Kyria out of the way of a Charge.
    Show
    See title.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

When the man breaks his gaze to run she can fill her joints loosing. A familiar sense - like a teacher caught her child self doing something naughty, but knowingly ignored the rule breaking. Nippy gets a licking of that emotion and looks up to her master knowingly. "Reveal", Beatrix strongly commands ignoring her friend's worry. She points down at the executioner. The thrush uncomfortable wings her as it moves to her chest and unhinged her symbol locket again before flapping to the ground. Mirror images duplicating again. The bird emphatically starts scratching and clawing at the downed executioner. Its claws and beak turning red as it tears the man's mask apart to bind his neck.

It only takes her bird leaving her shoulder for her to start moving again. The dirty incantation from before repeats reversed and upside down. The red ribbons dance on her tattoos and a similar bunch fly up enclosing the square of Grease. A fashion show, the ribbons dome and corset the grease and pull it into nothingness with auidable slip of the lace. Finished, Beatrix shuts the symbol locket and jumps through the dimensions a few feet forward.

Show
    Last Round:
    Stop Delaying @ initiative 3

Nippy:
    Move: Reveal Symbol of Mirroring
    Free: 5-Foot Step to AA16 (The executioner's square)
    Standard: Provide First aid
    (1d20+2)[6]

Beatrix:
    Standard: Dismiss Grease
    Move: Hide Symbol of Mirroring
    Swift: Teleport to AB16

Everyone within 60 ft gets mirror images for three rounds again.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2016-02-17 at 12:12 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course." Kyria nods and steps aside, sheathing her rapier as she does so. Oops... I should have used the sap, this isn't Skullport! Oh well, nothing to be done about it now.

She turns to face the horde of mysterious creatures and readies her shortbow. Yes, the closer ones should be just within range. The height of the execution platform lets her see enough of her target to aim; a less skilled archer would have trouble, but Kyria aced her advanced archery classes at the House of Song and she's only gotten better since. The detective sights along her arrow, aims, and lets fly.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay, since she has more than +1 BAB, I should be able to do all this in one round. 5-foot step to move out of Shandri's way (AB18) is free, drawing her weapon is free. Move action to sheathe rapier and standard action to shoot the nearest zombie-thing. Range on the shortbow is 70 ft.

Attack: (1d20+6)[10]

Damage: (1d6+1)[5]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

5. - Top - End - #35

"My thanks." Shandri says to the helpful woman, already rearing back by the time she's stepped out of the way. The warrior dashes to the edge of the stage and leaps off, twirling her sword in the air behind her as she charges at the nearest of the unnatural creatures with her blade held low.

Spoiler: Chaaaaarge!
    Show
    At the nearest monstah.

Attack: (1d20+10)[19]
    Damage: (1d10+9)[18]

Buffs
    +1 Black Blade Enhancement: 8 Rounds.
    +1 Black Blade Strike: 8 Rounds.
    +2 Attack (Charge)

Debuffs
    -2 AC (Charge)
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2016-02-17 at 01:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Well, looks like I missed all the action on the stand...Boram would probably advise I leave now...but...Boram's not here now. And these...creatures are a big problem." Miro says under his breath, before grinning as he readied a bolt on his crossbow. Shifting forward to get into range, he let loose a bolt at one of the monsters.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: 15 ft move toward the monsters
    Standard Action: Attack Monster in AN 22

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll:(1d20+7)[20]
    Damage:(1d6+4)[8]
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

7. - Top - End - #37

MonkGuy

Spoiler: Miro
    Show
    You creep within range, by this point most of the civilians have cleared out of the east side of the square so you have a clear shot at one of the monsters. You take aim and let loose a bolt that sails through the air and sinks into the shoulder of the first of the humanoids to break the Watch's line of defense. This of course enrages it as it locks its sight on you and charges at you screaming something out of the deepest recesses of hell.

One of the humanoid creatures, the first to break through the Watch's line, makes a break for a halfling with a crossbow who emerges after firing a bolt at the thing.

Spoiler: Beatrix
    Show
    Your familiar drops to try to aid the executioner. Upon further inspection you see that the wound is grave and, despite your best efforts, even you could not revive him without the proper preparation and given the circumstances, you doubt you'll have the time.

Show
    He's dead. Even if you were to provide first aid, it's a deadly would which takes hours, which given the current circumstances you doubt you have. Also you're in the middle of a square with limited medical supplies outside your magic.

You weave your magic to dismiss the pool of slick grease that coats the platform, it seems to seep into the wood as it disappears making the platform safe to tread once more. In addition you glance in satisfaction as your symbol creates doubles off all those who appear to be helping.

Spoiler: Mawr
    Show
    You chase after the man with the fedora which, fortunately he is wearing a fedora as it's easier to find him in the crowd, you catch up to him and take another swipe which he moves out of the way of again as he continues to retreat.

You all watch in dismay as the last of the Watch get overrun by the creatures. The monsters then continue to press their advance after the retreating people.

Spoiler: Kyria
    Show
    You step out of the way of the warrior and pull out your bow as you do so. You aim it at the nearest of the creatures and pull the string to your chin, releasing when your shot is clear of the last few people running in your direction. The erratic movements of the creature however cause your shot to miss as it sails over its head.

Spoiler: Shandri
    Show
    As soon as the woman steps out of your way you leap off the platform at the nearest creature, you see an arrow sail over its head as you approach and bring your weapon around your body from behind in a mighty swing. You cleave into the creature's midsection and it screams an unearthly howl in pain and agony as it falls to the ground. You pull your sword free and prepare yourself for the rest of them.

Spoiler: Kyrios
    Show
    Seeing the Watch in front of you fall and realizing you are next if you don't get out of the way, you take a moment to fall back to a safer vantage point.

Spoiler: Duster Man to Mawr
    Show
    The man in the duster as he is avoiding the claws of Mawr pulls out his revolver and aims it at the goblin. "Don't make me do this friend, believe me I really don't want to", he says almost sympathetically.

Show
    New round. Kyria I still need a perception check from you.
    Last edited by Oseyerys; 2016-02-19 at 06:19 PM.
    Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy therefore I am not crazy, isn't that crazy?

8. - Top - End - #38

Shandri lets out a grunt as she yanks her black blade out of the unholy creature's gut, but doesn't take her eyes off of the advancing creatures. Six of them before her, one behind, and two allies, along with an errant arrow from behind. She silently notes the deaths of the watchmen and adjusts her grip. There are many of them, but she has a few tricks on her sleeve, even should they come to swarm her.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    On AM 19, from AL 19. Move, Standard attack. Or, if any of the zombies who go before her attack her/block the way, she'll direct the attack at them.

Attack: (1d20+8)[26]
    Damage: (1d10+9)[19]

Buffs
    +1 Black Blade Enhancement: 7 Rounds.
    +1 Black Blade Strike: 7 Rounds.
    1 Mirror Image copy.
    ALSO. If an attack is going to land on her, Shandri will activate Windy Escape.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2016-02-19 at 07:06 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

"You just made a big mistake, buddy! I mean, besides your general odor. For the love of Tymora, haven't you heard of this wonderful invention called bathing?!" Miro taunts the one that rushed at him, before skittering forward and launching another crossbow bolt, aiming for right between his eyes.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Five-Foot Step Forward
    Standard Action: Attack the one that rushed me.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll:(1d20+8)[28]
    Damage:(1d6+5)[8]
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2016-02-19 at 09:36 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Mawr yells out "You ruin dance! Want hat for payment!" He notices the strange device, decides it's not going to give him fortune cookies, and begins to dodge, dip, dive, duck, and dodge within the greater crowd as he continues to chase after the distinctive fellow. Even if he did manage to get the hat he wanted to bop the man with his torch, seeming to care a little less with every jog further from the stage if he actually does anything effective with it. Still, he knew it was less effective than trying to maybe pull ahead or otherwise ready himself in case the man stepped out of the way for the third time and if he could then he'd rather bop him as the Fedora ran past him.

Show
    Same ole rolls for Acrobatics and Perception?
    (1d20+10)[15]
    (1d20+10)[25]

I don't know if I can figure out that he's going in a straight line. If I can then I'd like to double move and bop him with an AOO as he passes me (or at least stop that incessitent fleeing).
    If not then standard ole Move forward and bop with torch.

Attack: (1d20+9)[20] Confirm: (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage: (1d2)[2] B (1d4+1)[4] F

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Beatrix kneels next to the corpse, her black pants darkening as they try to match her crimson detail, and looks to the bird shaking its head. She pulls his eyelids closed and sighs.

Nippy spoke, "Sorry, friend."

She joined the bird in gesturing a shake. "Better luck next time.", she prays. She raised. Blood exclusively not her own dirtying her cloths. "Check the guard's opponents." The archer next to her catches an inquiring glance from her, she draws a miniature shovel, trying to line up the perfect shot from atop the stage. Her familiar flying toward where Kyria fires.

Show
    Nippy
    Full-Round: "Run" east, above the mob of creatures.
    Free: Knowledge Check on the Creatures (1d20-1)[6]

Beatrix
    Only if she can hit three enemies does she cast:
    Create Pit (The closer to an ally the better)
    Else: Delay (I want back on top of initiative)
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2016-02-21 at 06:41 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

And that's why one should not brag about one's aim right before firing, even if only in your mind. Kyria scowls and nocks another arrow to her string. There are so many of these creatures... but she can't really think of a more effective way to help. A grease spell runs the risk of tripping up fleeing bystanders as well as creatures.

Motion catches her eye; one of them has broken away from the pack and is only a few feet from the stage, going after a halfling with a crossbow. "Oh goody, a new target." Something so close will be a little easier. Once again she looses her shot.

Show
    Fire at critter number 8. This time I get Point-Blank Shot, yay!

Attack: (1d20+7)[9]

Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

13. - Top - End - #43

MonkGuy

Show
    You ready your aim at the advancing creature and pull the trigger. The bolt sails true and pierces the monster right between the eyes as you sighted. The creature's head snaps back on impact and falls to the ground lifeless.

One of the humanoid things rushes up to Shandri snarling and takes two swipes at her. The first catches Shandri somewhat slightly off-guard by the inhuman speed of it and almost makes contact however the warrior of Tyr appears to burst into a vaporous mist the split-instant before contact is made, resuming form immediately after the creature's arm passes through the mist. Now knowing how fast her opponent is, Shandri instinctively moves back a step before the second swipe makes contact.

Show
    You try to get a good look at the creatures to assess further dangers you or your spur-of-the-moment party seem to be in but, with all the speed of things happening and commotion, all you can tell is that these creatures appear to not be alive in the typical sense of the word.
    Show
    I couldn't get you to target 3 no matter how I sliced it, you could get 2 however, the two in the back.

Another creature rushes up to the holy warrior before them and tries his luck at swiping at her. Shandri sees it coming and readies herself for the first attack however she has to take her eye off it for a split second to see the first creature that she doesn't see the second attack come. Again however, the warrior burst into a misty cloud and the raking claws of the monster pass harmlessly through. Shandri resumes form once more.

Show
    The man in the duster sighs and pulls out a second revolver before firing twice at you, the revolvers cracking above all the noise around you, the first shot glances harmlessly off the cobblestone but the second pierces your arm emitting a small spray of blood and shooting a lance of pain through your body.
    Show
    10 Damage

You try to retaliate by thrusting your torch at him however the pain in your arm causes you to fall short of your target and the man once away steps back into the crowd, leaving you.

Another monster runs up to Shandri as it sees she is the nearest and attempts to swipe at her. The beast appears to be injured as the its first swipe is rather slow and hesitant, almost as if it's off-balance. The second however connects with her back, rather, it would but yet again the warrior of Tyr bursts into a mist that causes the creature to miss its mark.

Show
    Waiting patiently for your moment to strike as you begin to be surrounded, you bring your sword upward in an arc that catches the monster in front of you between the legs and mutilates it from the bottom up until your sword is in its chest, to which you kick it off in preparation of another attack.

Another monster appears to be chasing some man who is running away from it while the two bringing up the rear are running towards the commotion with the Tyrian warrior.

Show
    You let loose your arrow at the new target however the halfling appears to have things under wraps as he fires a crossbow bolt into its brain and it falls to the ground lifeless. Your arrow embeds itself in the creature's already dead body.

Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show
    As you fight, your detective mind begins to try to piece together what has happened so far. The prisoner, the attempted break, the monsters attacking the square. You are fairly confident that the group that attempted to break the late Brahm Greyhawk is responsible for these monsters, but that would mean this group is more powerful than simply a handful of thugs if they got their hands on some creatures like these. One other thing that tickles at your memory is the man in the duster. You know you've seen the pistol he used to execute his own accomplice with before as it has a unique look to it but you can't for the life of you remember from where. In any case what was happening here, you figure, is certainly worth investigating.

Show
    New round.
    Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy therefore I am not crazy, isn't that crazy?

14. - Top - End - #44

Shandri grits her teeth as the hail of attacks bears down on her, but at least she's alive, and she still has allies surrounding her, as well as a defensive magic she doesn't quite remember casting. It seems like the best option would be to fight as hard as she can, because fleeing would only delay the inevitable, and she still has allies for this battle.

Golden lightning crackles down her left arm as she adjusts the grip on her sword to strike at the already-injured beast, but in the stress of avoiding strikes the arcing energy dissipates as soon as it appeared.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Spell combat!

Concentration: (1d20+7)[8] vs DC 17 (Taking -1 to Attacks for +1 Concentration bonus)

Shocking Grasp Attack: (1d20+3)[17] vs touch ac of full-health creature.
    Shocking Grasp Damage: (4d6)[12]

Sword Attack: (1d20+5)[17] vs AC of injured creature.
    Sword Damage: (1d10+6)[13]

Buffs
    +1 Black Blade Enhancement: 6 Rounds.
    +1 Black Blade Strike: 6 Rounds.
    1 Mirror Image copy.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2016-02-22 at 03:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Mawr yelps in both frustration and pain before he vanishes from view. Invisible from the man that stole his hat, even if the jerk doesn't realize it, he continues the pursuit, gripping his wound and knowing that he's going to have to take care of it sooner rather than later.

Show
    Standard: Cast Vanish! 2/3 slots left
    Move: Pursue Fedora further. Do I need to keep rolling acrobatics/perception?

Buffs: Vanish 3/3 Rounds left.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

The small bird tightly circles in place. Its head following the women fighting one versus five. The creatures apparently beyond both the master and the apprentices expertise. Nippy can only make out the most basic of their nature and screeches, "Non-living!"

Beatrix continues to stand atop her podium. A stage for her presence. She peers down into the brawl. Her head bobbing as she looks to line up the perfect shot. It never comes... Her familiars cries the information and she yells back, "Ok!" The shovel in her hand digs into her component pouch as her hands and eyes meet it and she draws a different tool for the job. What would my masters say about my indecisiveness?

She finds her trinket. Her facing moves to the fighting again. A guttural draconic chant forces its way through her throat while her hand dances and pulls apart a tiny transparent paper sack filled with ground crystal. The dust burning away in her hand, emanationing around it. She strides forward, an air of pretentious superiority around her. She pulls a clenched fist downward. A golden dust forms just above the monstrous creatures and drops like flour. It puffs and clings to everything. Its glamour twinkling in peoples vision even in blinks.

Show
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Yeah, I doubted that three would bunch up like that. To the top of initiative! (Now I can aim my own spells P:)

Those mirror images help Shandri or Mawr?

Beatrix
    Standard: Gliterdust (Will DC 17) on the four creatures (AH18:AJ19).
    Move: Move to AC16.

Nippy: Delay to Beatrix's initiative.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2016-02-22 at 07:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... at least the halfling didn't get eaten. Positive thinking! Kyria focuses on one of the creatures currently attacking the Tyrran swordswoman and aims again. Deep breath, clear your mind, breathe out... fire! Another arrow flies into the melee.

Show
    Either number 4 or the one at AH18 should be within 30 ft for Point-Blank Shot. Kyria will shoot whichever one Shandri isn't hitting.

Attack: (1d20+7)[11]

Damage: (1d6+2)[3]

18. - Top - End - #48

"Hold on, folks! Miro Swiftfoot to the rescue!" Miro shouts as he runs forward to draw closer to the assembled souls fighting these monsters, before nocking another bolt into his crossbow, "Got a message for ya from my Goddess, Beasties! She says...you're **** out of luck!" He quips before letting loose the bolt toward the back row.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Move to AC 24.
    Standard Action: Attack the Monster at AJ 19

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll:(1d20+7)[10]
    Damage Roll:(1d6+4)[5]
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

MonkGuy

Show
    You reload your crossbow quickly while changing vantage points to get a shot at the monster bringing up the rear. You taunt it to get its attention and let loose your bolt. It sails towards the creature but your taunt proves too effective as it sees you and changes direction to attack you, causing your arrow to miss due to the mislead. Not only does one of the creatures come at you, but the other seems to take notice of you too and decides to rush you.

One of the creatures, the injured one, takes another swipe at Shandri however, one doesn't get to be a holy champion of Tyr by being unprepared. Shandri parries the creatures flurry of attacks with the flat of her blade as it swipes at her and lunges in an attempt to bite her.

Her victory is short-lived as the creature who has flanked her position, now that she is facing the injured one, attacks at her exposed backside. The creature clambers onto her back and bites into her collarbone, just under her helm. The warrior's muscles instantly tense up as she appears unable to do anything other than stare at the creature in front of her while she holds her sword in a defensive stance. The creature's claws also manage to rake Shandri across her side to which she would probably recoil from, if she were only able to move.

Spoiler: OOC Shandri
    Show
    9 damage. I didn't use your Misty Escape because with the other attacks coming your way, the result would be the same so I figured I'd save you that spell, unless you really want to negate the damage to 4 or 5. You're also paralyzed for (1d4+1)[5] rounds. Despite multiple attacks this round I will just roll one paralysis roll because otherwise you'd potentially be paralyzed for quite some time.

Show
    You go invisible almost out of shock of being shot and look at your wound for a moment. The bullet seems to have passed through your arm and you come to the conclusion that you will live. In fury you look up to follow the duster man... only to find that he has disappeared once more. Try as you might you cant seem to find him this time and he must have gotten away when you were inspecting your wound. You now find yourself alone in the last handfuls of people trying to escape.

The monster to the right of Shandri also tries to tear apart its targets flesh and it is somewhat successful. This one takes advantage of her frozen figure and bites her arm as it tries to tear her mail off to get to her flesh. In doing so it also inadvertently scrapes her thigh with its claws.

Spoiler: OOC Shandri
    Show
    10 damage.

All those who are watching the holy warrior in the swath of monsters can see that she is starting to not fare so well and she may need assistance.

Show
    Try as you might you are unable to lift your sword to bring it down on the injured creature in front of you. You also feel lances of pain shooting through your body as you begin to feel the monsters at your back tearing through your mail. Even your blade appears a appears concerned about the situation. Despite your lack of physical control of your body, your mind appears to be intact... at least you figure seeing as your link with your blade remains strong.

Two ghouls rush up to the halfling crossbowman and attempt to attack him but can no more than rake his armor with their claws. They do appear infuriated by the lack of ease at getting to their prey.

Show
    You ready another arrow and fire at the monster however the one you attempt to hit is so close to the woman who is surrounded by them that this throws off your aim as you try to take care not to hit her, the arrow falls off its mark in your caution.

Show
    You weave your magic once more in a position that will try to not hit the warrior who appears to not be moving and send forth an arcing spray of dust that shoots over the woman and on the other side by the two creatures to the east of her.

Show
    New round. Map is updated.
    Last edited by Oseyerys; 2016-02-24 at 02:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Mawr grumbles at the loss of the hat, figuring he'll get it back eventually. Instead he mumbled under his breath, patching up his wound, and hustled back to the stage. Maybe he could get to those other people who were fighting the Fedora and help them!

Show
    Standard: Cure Light Wounds on self (1d8+3)[11]
    Move: Hustle on back to the stage!

Vanish 2/3 Rounds left!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Growling a curse, Kyria takes a moment to scan the crowd of enemies. Looks like most of the bystanders have had time to flee... is the swordswoman paralyzed? This does not look good. They're in a fight, so her fascination ability won't work. It's arrows or a grease spell. The bard steps forward and begins an elven song, a liquid series of notes that sounds painfully incongruous amid the screams and noise of battle. Reaching into her component pouch with her free hand, she pulls out a lump of partially melted butter and tosses it toward the melee on the last note. Thick, gooey grease appears under the feet of two monsters.

Show
    This is my only crowd control that works mid-battle. 5-ft step to AC18 and cast grease on AH18-AI19.
    Last edited by Phasm; 2016-02-25 at 02:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52

"Two on one huh? And here I was thinking this was going to be boring." Miro quips to the snarling monsters. "You know, from far away, all you can notice is the smell...but man, are you guys also UGGGGGLY!" He continued, before smirking and slipping a few steps back. "Come on, chase the Halfling...ignore the nice armored lady..." He challenges, before firing another bolt straight at the closer one.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Free Action: Five Foot Step back to AB 24.
    Standard Action: Fire a bolt at the monster in AD 24.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack:(1d20+8)[13]
    Damage:(1d6+5)[11]
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

The situation is starting to turn for the worse. Shandri stopped moving. The other mage receives an appraising look from her. No clue who she is other than a helpful person so far. "What should we do?", she barks. Her words accented by an icy chant and a swirl of ice pulling into open palm. A snowball, hopefully with a nice solid rock in it, forms in her hand. Her arm pulls and she pushes the object forward launching it.

A whistle calling Nippy back to her shoulder.

Show
    Beatrix
    Standard: Cast Snowball at AG17.

Snowball:
    Attack (1d20+3)[20]
    Crit (1d20+3)[12]
    Damage (3d6)[9]
    Crit Damage (3d6)[12]

Nippy
    Full-Round: Move back to Beatrix

The enemies on Miro would have been hit by the Glitterdust before they moved.

24. - Top - End - #54

MonkGuy

Show
    You take your step back to allow yourself room to aim at the monster in front of you and fire however in your haste your shot is hurried and misses its mark. You curse to yourself for not taking your time as your old mentor taught you.

Show
    You weave your magic seeing the woman in the crowd of monsters in trouble and fire a large ball of ice at the one that appears to be injured. Your ball connects with the back of the creatures skull and you hear a sickening crack as it instantly drops to the ground.

Show
    You make your way back to the stage which is done much faster now that there aren't crowds of large noisy people in your way, you make it there in record time to see a group of people fighting some very scary looking people who don't exactly look like they're "alive".

Show
    Not being able to react to the creatures that are screaming in your face is not only infuriating but slightly unnerving. You frantically try to flex your fingers to start getting control of your body back. This isn't the first time you've been poisoned so you are familiar enough to keep your head to know how to get out of it.
    Show
    Paralyzed for 4 more rounds.

The two creatures closing in on the halfling finally connect with him and while the rogue manages to evade the sweeping claws of one, the other one manages to rake his thigh, cutting through the armor.

Spoiler: OOC Miro
    Show
    7 damage and I shall need the Fort save.

Show
    You step forward to get a better view of the monsters surrounding the Tyrian warrior and cast a quick spell that pays off. The ground beneath the remaining two creatures becomes slick with a greasy slime and both creatures lose their balance and fall prone to the ground. You inwardly praise your shift in luck.

Show
    New round.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Mawr grumbled in Goblin at what was happening while he chased after the hat. He considered for a moment what to do before he decided that the strange tall folks weren't friends like the others who were left. He called out "Mawr help now!" as he hustled toward Shandri and poked her right in the back, letting his healing magic flow through her while he was still invisible.
    Show
    Move: Move towards Shandri
    Standard: Cast Cure Light Wounds on Shandri. (1d8+3)[10]
    Vanish for another round!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

"Finally!" Kyria grins as she pulls out another arrow and nocks it to her string. Maybe the things- zombies maybe?- will be easier to hit now that they're on the ground. Breathe in, aim, breathe out... loose!

Show
    Attack whichever ghoul seems more wounded, flip a coin if Kyria can't tell: (1d20+6)[8]

Damage: (1d6+1)[6]

27. - Top - End - #57

"Ah, so you jerks do have some bite. But you still haven't killed me yet, bastards!"Miro declared dramatically, before he rolled backwards away from the creatures. '...Ok, that freaking hurt...hope I don't get hit again, don't think I can survive another shot like that,' Miro thought more calmly, loading another crossbow bolt. "Hey, idiots...I bet this one takes out at least one of you...I'd say I'm aiming for the dumber one...but I don't know who'd win that." Quipping such, Miro let loose the bolt, aiming for the eyes of the right one.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Five-Foot Step diagonally backward to 23 AA
    Standard Action: Attack the one in 24 AC

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack:(1d20+8)[17]
    Damage:(1d6+5)[9]
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2016-03-08 at 04:32 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

MonkGuy

Show
    You move back once more to ready a shot that you fire at one of the monsters in front of you. The shot rings true as the monster yelps in pain as the bolt pierces his flesh.

Show
    You make a quick judgement call and sprint towards a halfling who is keeping the monsters at bay with a crossbow. You weave your hands into the proper incantation before you reach the halfling and touch him just as you reach him before disappearing again.

Spoiler: OOC Miro
    Show
    CLW heals for 10HP back to full heath for you.

The two creatures continue to advance on the halfling however fail to connect any hits as the halfling is just too agile and dances in and out of their reach as he backs up.

Show
    You ready your shortbow and fire once more at the monster who is attacking the Tyrian woman and, in your caution to not hit the warrior you miss once more. After your shot flies over the creatures head you stare in horror as the creatures swarm the Tyrian warrior and drag her to the ground. Blood sprays everywhere as you know the monsters are tearing into her. This sight appears too horrific for the woman who is on the platform next to you who screams in shock and tears off westwards in fear.

Things are appearing to look grim however you see out of the street leading south a glint of metal and are relieved to see the City Guard hurrying towards you, they are still down the street but they will arrive you estimate in around 15-20 seconds.

Show
    New round. Again I want to apologize for going MIA. Just with people dropping out I didn't know how I wanted to work that into the story without them going "poof" and they're gone. Also the recruitment thread is seeing some activity and it looks as though you will have new companions very soon! THE CAMPAIGN MUST GO ON!!!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Mawr, knowing his time with the invisibility will be up soon, grasps both lit torches and grins. He flares back to existence just as he lets loose a flurry of blows with the improvised weapons, attempting to cook the ghoul that had been punctured by the bolt so that they could bring down the other one before the guard came and put an end to their party.

Show
    Flurry of Blows, HOOOO!
    Attack 1: (1d20+8)[26]
    Confirm 1: (1d20+8)[25]
    Damage 1: (1d2)[1] Bludgeoning (1d4+1)[5] Fire
    Crit 1: (1d2)[1] Bludgeoning (1d4+1)[3] Fire

Attack 2: (1d20+8)[22]
    Confirm 2: (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage 2: (1d2)[2] Bludgeoning (1d4+1)[5] Fire
    Crit 2: (1d2)[1] Bludgeoning (1d4+1)[5] Fire

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

The blood drains from Kyria's face as she watches the morbid spectacle, and her stomach churns. It's not the first time she's seen death, but seeing someone stab a thief in the Undercity and watching someone be eaten alive... there's really no comparison. "Kelemvor, keep her soul safe," the bard whispers.

But there are still living people in danger. Kyria wrenches her gaze away and turns to where she saw more of the pale cannibals out of the corner of her eye. A nimble halfling is giving a good account of himself, but it's still two on one. Once more she reaches into her component pouch and recites the words of power. Another puddle of thick grease appears under the creatures' feet.

Show
    Cast grease on AB23-AC24.