New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE2!-CWBG-III-Fabricated-Claim-to-Fame

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAegis View Post
    I fabricated a claim last round, how do I find out what happened with it?
    Your claim has been fabricated, I would assume. You can now, at your own pace, press that claim. Depending on how well you roll, this will determine if you are successful, need another turn, or they find out you are up to 'shenanigans' trying to (peacefully) take over their region.

Off of that topic, "peaceful" wars from Kellianth are, fyi, a delusion on her part. Gengy knows that wars have lots of death, but IC, Kelli can't understand why people don't just surrender to the rightful rule of the Spring Court when faced with her obvious superior military might, and frankly has chosen not to believe the rumors and lies of her people causing murder and mayhem for no reason.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Updated the Owned Regions table, if you have an owned, named region and it does not show up in this table, please let me know and I will add it! Please don't forget to add your regions to your regions post in the lands thread after they are approved!

Spoiler: Region Table
    Show
    Region Number Region Name
    1 Sasanand
    2 Babanand
    3 Wormwood
    4 Andanand
    5 Piruzikhet
    6 Bladesmire
    7 Cape Halfisland
    9 Luska
    10 Rivo Alto
    11 Aranand
    12 Gullinbursti
    13 Dragon Spine
    14 Silverwood
    15 Cape Silvia
    16 Silverlake
    17 Tillwell
    18 Bereholst
    19 Dhuda Besina
    20 Grayhall
    21 Munda Doan
    22 Limelight Bayou
    23 Deep Fern
    24 Aawino
    25 Primo Crure
    26 Marauder Isles
    29 Sunisle
    30 The White Isles NPC
    31 Sundered Isle NPC
    32 Yahagmir NPC
    33 NPC
    34 Var Entar
    35 Kharsaan
    36 Var Teyra
    37 Rasp
    39 Fiid
    40 Lerr
    41 Elnaz
    42 Nogr
    43 Llurikesh
    44A Colonia
    44B Skianz
    44C Devyns Crez
    45 Kyanos
    46 Calendula
    47 Quartus
    48 Ambrose
    49 Wysteria
    50 Amaranth
    51 Janganand
    52 Havanand
    53 Trifylli
    54 Akovito
    55 Çangalamin
    56 Paschalia
    57 Primus
    58 Tertius
    59 Secundus
    60 Mercivale NPC
    61 Pendrake NPC
    62 Centrata NPC
    64 Autumnal Courtlands
    65 Winter Courtlands
    66 Spring Courtlands
    67 Summer Courtlands
    68 Kyrra
    69 Zlaten
    70 ChornOstrav
    73 Fan'Xabla
    74 Fantastigoria Primacentra
    75 Fan'Gourmet
    76 Evemoor
    77 Fan'Grove
    79 Penrith
    80 Bellarion
    81 Coventry
    82 Ramshorn
    99 A The Silver Spires
    100 The Stormlands
    101 Evergale Valley
    102 The Ashen Badlands
    103 Mizalna
    114 Krriam
    115 Nettofurikusu
    116 Arendar
    117 Golyater
    118 Petravolan
    119 Gwiwjhr
    122 Tannan
    130 Liberantia
    131 Saphiria
    132 Heimat
    133 Tumbledown Marsh
    134 Avonlea
    135 Petrammus
    137 Ligustrummus
    138 Exetilorier
    139 Hakeber
    140 Frescodonia
    141 Adrax Awaria
    142 Xeria
    144 Lignummus
    145 Xeroas
    146 Stagnummus
    148 Alithis
    171 Laraak
    172 Nevarr
    173 Neilor
    176 Reinein
    177 Lenthe
    185 Jade Coalition NPC
    188 Jade Coalition NPC
    189 Jade Coalition NPC
    190 Jade Coalition NPC
    191 Jade Coalition NPC
    193 Jade Coalition NPC Fiolty Acreage
    194 Jade Coalition NPC
    195 Jade Coalition NPC The Puldine Acreage
    196 Sextus
    197 Quintas
    199 Jade Coalition NPC
    225 Puesto Yatahe
    229 Hesterimilli
    232 Etenjord
    234 Manitosa
    235 Puesto Kagun
    236 Puesto Azandi
    238 Svartr Melrakki-ey
    239 Vestan Melrakki-ey
    240 Melrakki-ey
    241 Uldrakka
    245 Holshin
    249 Vallis Khoya
    250 Kherson
    251 Lycarus
    251B Carraig Dún
    253B Qalbal'ard
    260 Aladar
    261 Noricum
    262 The Silver Coast
    263 Hestdal
    268 Kulderust
    269 Stiljord
    270 Northern Aardrosil
    271 The Hunting Ground
    274 Anceris
    275 Cerilin
    276 Audralean
    277 Regnalin
    277B The Undersea of Loch Nacáu
    279 Domumontem
    280 Conlarbores
    281 Western Aladar
    289 Nemeria
    300 Gran Figardenum Sharides
    326 Shafar
    470 Blackwater
    472 Vr'kxian Empire
    503 Valencia
    821 Toldec
    853 Tir Xungla
    D1 Erimos
    P4 Gjöll
    P5 Nifhel
    P6 Náströnd
    P7 Garmr
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

So what happens if you use a Military action to take a unoccupied region with no army? Is that an autosuccess, or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Kill a PC's father? Well that's just the cost of doing business.
    Steal a PC's boots? Now it's personal.
    Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Unless we're arguing about alignment. In which case, you're wrong.

Former EMPIRE2! Player: Imperator of the Nihoni Dominion
    Former EMPIRE3! Player: Suzerain of the Phœnīx Estates
    Former EMPIRE4! Player: Margrave of the Margraviate of Rhune
    My Awesome Campaign Setting

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post
    Updated the Owned Regions table, if you have an owned, named region and it does not show up in this table, please let me know and I will add it! Please don't forget to add your regions to your regions post in the lands thread after they are approved!
    Thank you for continuing to update this, Pepper! Edited into the first post in the Lands thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    So what happens if you use a Military action to take a unoccupied region with no army? Is that an autosuccess, or what?
    Yes, it is an autosuccess but the region will need to be stabilized within the following two rounds (with stabilization becoming more difficult if its delayed/failed to the second round) to avoid a rebellion.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yes, unless you're competing with another PC for control of the region.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Yes, it is an autosuccess but the region will need to be stabilized within the following two rounds (with stabilization becoming more difficult if its delayed/failed to the second round) to avoid a rebellion.
    Are the TNs on that proprietary?
    Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Unless we're arguing about alignment. In which case, you're wrong.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Are the TNs on that proprietary?
    Yes, and likely to be changed by a number of factors.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

So it's a crap shoot whether it'd be easier to just colonize it or not? Great.
    Last edited by BootStrapTommy; 2016-02-09 at 09:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Not really, no. The TN to stabilize is still reasonable, so is likely comparable to the colonization TN of the first few regions you grab. This makes colonization preferable until your number of regions moves the TN up, as colonization doesn't require a second action to secure the region.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Diplomacy colonization is seen as the more peaceful option, but if you don't mind being viewed as a dictator or tyrant state, using your Military to conquer regions is often 'easier'. TNs to stabilize regions are often lower than the ever increasing TN to Diplomacy a region under your control.

IF (and this is a big if, from a purely player perspective and NOT hard fact 'Quinton Approved' information) the baseline of stabilization is 14, that's easier then Colonization in some scenarios. Each region you own adds a +2 to the TN to Colonize (Diplomacy), then after three owned regions beyond your capital region, your TN to do so (this is 'Quinton Approved' as it's in the rules) is now 16. Still do-able, but difficult. However, in the case of - say - the Rose Courts, the Federation is now in control of over ten regions. Our TN to Diplomacy Colonize a region is over 20, and even with Reggie rolling well on her Dip 10 Score, we're unlikely to make it happen.

Conquering regions, and then stabilizing them, does make us look aggressive in the eyes of Arandi, but from a metagame perspective, the (hypothetical) TN 14 is easier to us then the near-impossible Colonization TN.

The other option, here, is the 'slower' way of diplomacizing regions; you fabricate a claim, then press that claim. The TN could be lower then your Diplomacy Colonization TN, but you run the risk of someone (like the Great Clans of Nifel, if you were near them, because Tychris is also a conquer-hungry player at the moment) just coming in and conquering it, and then rejecting your claim.

Conquering regions come with d10 dice, vs. a Diplomacy Colonization at d6s.

It's really up to you to figure out which is 'easier', and also, 'how do you want to look to the rest of the world?'

Because, speaking as an Aeldir player, I don't like war... but my Federation is damn good at it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Forgive the double post. I didn't want a region submission to be overlooked.

Region: 237, Melzini Archipelago

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    Population: 500,000 Islanders (Humans)
    Resource: Melzinite Bees [Good]
    Required Resource: Wood
    Religion: Island Spirit Worship (minority)

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    There are seven islands in the Archipeligo. Melzini, being the largest, and having the largest population, has exerted and maintained overall control for the past fifty years. The second largest is Warkini, followed by the ‘Twin Islands’, Gini and Fini, and then Roldini and the smallest is Houbini. Technically, the second largest island is Touca, but no one lives there, for good reason. Five of the islands have a volcano on it. In recorded and living memory, the Melzini Mountain has not erupted ever, and is to be ‘resting’ and ‘calm’. Warkini Warcano, however, erupted once, in what historians call the year 24. It has been dormant ever since.

The Twin Islands are so called this not because of the shape of the islands (Gini is slightly bigger, over all), but rather the two volcanos, Gini and Fini, are roughly the same height and shape. They even have ‘notches’ in the top of their volcanic rims in similar fashions. Both volcanoes are ‘resting’ and ‘calm’ and have not been known to ‘bleed’ any ‘earth blood’ in recorded history.

Touca, on the other hand, is seen as the upstart island. It does not have any large eruptions, but it does erupt on a fairly frequent basis. Once every ten years or so, Touca ‘bleeds’. There is little ash, but the mountain that makes up the angry island of the Archipelago is still unsafe to live on, as exactly when or where the lava comes out of is hard to – if not impossible to – predict. Touca is far enough away from inhabitants that no one is hurt when these mini-eruptions happen, but the more superstitious of the Islanders say that bad times happen when Touca is bleeding.

Currently, in the year 118, Touca has begun to emit red lava from it’s many seems. Historians and superstitious islands have conferred, and find it odd that the very day this started was the same day that Qount Martelo of the Republic of Pavos wrote his warning to the world about the demon that has been loosed upon Arandi.

The climate of the islands supports many tropical trees, sandy beaches, and a diverse island animal ecosystem. Rocks dot the Melzini island, and the rocks are rather soft compared to other types of stone. Islanders have learned to stay away from these rocks, as the other distinct feature of them is that they are quite porous and hollow. These ‘Melzinite’ rocks make for ideal hives for bees.
    Roldini and Houbini are smaller islands, supporting smaller populations, but they are mostly flat and forested, with few hills to speak of. If they had volcanos on them, they have long since been extinct, and – except for the dangers of tropical storms causing flooding (a very rare thing) – they are considered the safest places to live in the Archipelago.

Spoiler: People
    Show
    The Islanders are a peaceful people. Humans with skin that has been kissed by the sun, giving them a near permanent tan, they enjoy their lives just collecting fruit, tending to the Melzinite Bees, and watching their families grow.

They were led by a Council of Seven; one Council member from each island, except for Melzini – with the largest population – having two. The Council was, most of the time, fair and able to maintain order. But the Council and the Islanders were unprepared for any kind of assault, and so were taken by surprise when the Rose Courts claimed their islands. Though there were orders from Lady Spring and the invasion leaders to maintain a peaceful conquest, this was interpreted by some to mean ‘dealing with problems that might arise’. Thus, one by one, each Council member was hunted down, and forced to submit or be deposed and replaced by an Islander more willing to bow to the Courts.

A number of executions take place to secure the region for the Rose Demense, and it requires the skillful touch of the Autumn Court to come and appease the people. Spring Court members are discouraged from visiting the Archipelago for a few years, while things settle.

The Islanders have taken to disliking races of shorter statures, finding them distrustful and brutal. They are quite taken, however, by the beauty of the Matron governoress sent by the Autumn Court to help oversee the transition of the Islands into a member of the Demesne. The current Council of Seven is… unsettled, but trying to cope.

Spoiler: Resource
    Show
    On Melzini, the Melzinite rocks house Melzinite Bees which provide ample honey to the Islanders and also serve as a great hobby for the people of Melzini. Recent techniques have been shared among all the other livable islands, and now Melzinite Bees – and their Melzinite hive rocks – are being shipped to Warkini, Gini, Fini, Roldini, and Houbini. Melzinite hives seem to be made up of soft, volcanic rock, and with the right techniques, entire hives can be shipped anywhere in the world for fresh honey.

The Islanders, though peaceful, have heard of the Ironwood of Melrakki-ey and seek it, or Wood like it, to make spears and weapons to defend themselves; and also make better boats, now that the Rose Courts are sharing their ship making skills with the people of the Archipelago.

Spoiler: Faith
    Show
    Each of the islands in the Archipelago is treated as having a ‘great spirit’. The Islanders are not deeply religious, but they do often utter phrases like ‘Praise Melzini’ if they live on Melzini island and are having a good day. Another phrase could be ‘Touca’s Ill Luck Upon Me’ if they are having a bad day. It’s not a strong religion; there are a few shaman who claim to be able to speak with the ‘great spirits’ of their islands, but few people follow the practices.
    Last edited by Gengy; 2016-02-09 at 10:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

So what you're saying is I should totally do this...

At this point I think I've referenced this region more in official capacity than you. It's about time.
    I know. I've been very slack with my region write ups this past fortnight. I blame the weather over here in Australia. It has not been at all conducive to the creative process.

I don't actually own Audralean at this point. However, given I just rolled a twenty-three to press my claim it is very likely I'll get it. So, barring unexpected intervention there should be no need to alter the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengy View Post
    It strikes me as a little odd that the local inhabitants have no cultural or linguistic ties to any of the surrounding regions. I assume you have an explanation for this?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

IF (and this is a big if, from a purely player perspective and NOT hard fact 'Quinton Approved' information) the baseline of stabilization is 14, that's easier then Colonization in some scenarios. Each region you own adds a +2 to the TN to Colonize (Diplomacy), then after three owned regions beyond your capital region, your TN to do so (this is 'Quinton Approved' as it's in the rules) is now 16. Still do-able, but difficult. However, in the case of - say - the Rose Courts, the Federation is now in control of over ten regions. Our TN to Diplomacy Colonize a region is over 20, and even with Reggie rolling well on her Dip 10 Score, we're unlikely to make it happen.

Conquering regions, and then stabilizing them, does make us look aggressive in the eyes of Arandi, but from a metagame perspective, the (hypothetical) TN 14 is easier to us then the near-impossible Colonization TN.

The other option, here, is the 'slower' way of diplomacizing regions; you fabricate a claim, then press that claim. The TN could be lower then your Diplomacy Colonization TN, but you run the risk of someone (like the Great Clans of Nifel, if you were near them, because Tychris is also a conquer-hungry player at the moment) just coming in and conquering it, and then rejecting your claim.

Conquering regions come with d10 dice, vs. a Diplomacy Colonization at d6s.
    d12 in my case. My Colonization TN is already 16, so I was trying to gauge my options, given that I'd only suceed on a roll of 9 or up.

But if my odds are only reduced to a estimated 14, I'm still needing a 9 or up, so doesn't seem to do me any good.
    Last edited by BootStrapTommy; 2016-02-09 at 11:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    It strikes me as a little odd that the local inhabitants have no cultural or linguistic ties to any of the surrounding regions. I assume you have an explanation for this?
    They are remote and a bit backwards, compared to their neighbors. Few people visited them, until half a decade ago. And even then, they were mostly left alone, until the Fire Nation Spring Court attacked.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

They are remote and a bit backwards, compared to their neighbors. Few people visited them, until half a decade ago. And even then, they were mostly left alone, until the Fire Nation Spring Court attacked.
    I thought that Dark and Rando were handling the evil position... It's weird that their doing more infrastructure while the kindabutnotreally children are doing the wars (this round, at least).

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

What can I say? Poppa needs a new M10.

Unrelated, Quinton and anyone else whom would care to review it, Gullinbursti has at last been updated. Of particular note, and the reason I bring it up, there is a slight change to the inhabitants of the region. As there was no formal numbers in the original post made by Kasa, I locked in some numbers (to total the region's 800,000 people) and added a slightly more diverse number of races there. If that does not fly with you, QB, it's a simple matter of fixing it, but I wanted to represent that it had become kind of a hub for trading along the Luska Trade Network.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

What can I say? Poppa needs a new M10.
    If Drustan is Kellianth's Poppa, Balor her Grandpapa, and Cynel is her Aunty...

Who's her momma?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

It's 'Cousin Drustan', 'Grandpop Balor', and 'Aunty Cynel'.

Family is... complicated to Aeldir. Mostly, these are terms of affection - and probably a little bit of an insult - from Kellianth.

"Poppa" in this case, was (Gengy) needs an new M10.

Kelli's Momma is a... matter of Aeldir birth, which, head-cannon, involves the Matriarch of the New (gasp, a previous Lady Spring!) and the Old Gods/spirit worship. The Rose Courts players are still solidifying exactly how Aeldir birth works, to be honest. We've had discussion on it, and there is a general consensus of 'cool thing' and 'fluff that makes sense', but no one among us has yet to write it all down in a manner that is [1] agreed on by the four of us and [2] more importantly, agreed on by Quinton.

What I can say is that Aeldir birth is (again, my head-canon) vaguely mystical in nature, and if I had not banned Faith, my Faith fluff actions would be to bring about more Aeldir. Whether this head-cannon becomes reality or not, I cannot say for sure at the moment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Region Write-up Apocalypse

Spoiler: Arcadia (Region 499)
    Show

Show
    Region 499
    Population: 733,000 Humans
    Resource: Wood (Good)

Show
    Terrain: Arcadia is a mostly wooded wilderness rich with wild life, plants are plentiful in the forests but it is not as dense as a traditional jungle. The coast of Arcadia is much like Praetoria's with rocky beaches and small cliffs. It is backed up against the Montes Umbra to the west.
    The region boasts a large logging industry that can barely keep up with the growth rate of the plants and trees in the deep woods.

Spoiler: The People
    Show
    The People: The people are organized in a city-state fashion, with representitives from each major city or tribe meeting to have an annual council in the province capital of Sylva. With all the trees and the growth rate of vegetation many people work hard to keep farms and ranches maintained, it is a hard days work to make sure the food supply isn't overgrown.
    The leader of the council of Arcadia is Benson Adair.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show

Resources: The wood of Arcadia is plentiful and of high quality, but due to the rate at which it grows the loggers must find ways to repair damaged tools, they seek crystals or metal to reinforce the teeth of their saws and the bits of their axes.

Spoiler: Lapisia(Region 500)
    Show

Show
    Region: 500
    Population: 712,000 Humans
    Resource: Stone (Good)

Show
    Terrain: Lapisia is mostly dusty plateaus backing up to Montes Umbra, a few woodlands dot the landscape. Mountain streams from Montes Umbra run down and across the scrublands enough to sustain life to the plants and animals of the region. Most stone in the region is dark colored andesite with veins of granite running through it. At the edge of the plateau runs the steppes that reach far to the north.

Show
    The People: The people themselves are human in nature, more tanned then their northern counterparts. The Lapisians are more democratic then those in surrouding areas. The leader of the region is Talia Lanius, who answers to the council of the people known as the Consilium Vugalia. The capital city of Lapisia is Rytholis, which is nestled into the mountains in the east, other small cities such as Nybara and Kylia reside along the streams running across the plateau.

Show
    Resources: With the abundance of easy to mine andesite stone vast quarries have been established on the plateau and up to Montes Umbra. Quarrying is a labor intensive operation and the people of Lapisia desire a way to unwind after the work day is done, and wish for Alcohol.

Spoiler: Arcturia (Region 512)
    Show

Show
    Region: 512
    Population: 683,000 Humans
    Resource: Vodka (Poor)

Show
    Terrain: Arcturia is primarly windswept plains and grasslands, to the west an elevation increase denotes the start of the western steppes. The coastline is not as rocky as it is to the south, its more sandy and smoother boulders. With few trees or mountains in the area the wind tends to scour the plains, as such there is little to no insects or birds in the region.

Show
    The People: The Arcturians prior to colonization was a mostly tribal society, with tribes moving from place to place to shelter their camps from the high winds of the region. After colonization small tent cities have formed in sheltered areas and councils have formed to govern them and meet with the council of the Protectorate. The largest tent city, Holt's Pass, hosts this regions council meeting.

Show
    Resources: With more permanent settlement the people of the region have started to farm, producing food and extra potatoes are used to make vodka. Due to the high winds of the plains this region desires stone for strong buildings that can withstand the winds.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

d12 in my case. My Colonization TN is already 16, so I was trying to gauge my options, given that I'd only suceed on a roll of 9 or up.

But if my odds are only reduced to a estimated 14, I'm still needing a 9 or up, so doesn't seem to do me any good.
    As Gengy says, at some point colonisation becomes impossible. The highest attainable TN at present is 28, which would be to attain a ninth region that you've discovered (or a tenth region if it's somehow still adjacent to your capital). It is possible to colonise multiple regions at the same TN, but given that there is only a <2% chance of successfully meeting TN 28 without spending a Luck action, which you can only do once per round, realistically nine is the limit of regions that can be colonised. Technologies may later increase that but at present there are none.

Conquest on the other hand is effectively automatic, if the region is undefended, and thus remains a viable option indefinitely. However, what we found in E1 was that people would tend to start conquering regions as the default option almost immediately, once the colonisation TN climbed above 16 or so and thus became riskier. The need to stabilise the region after conquering means that it's easier to acquire regions through conquest, but harder to keep them: it's essentially an anti-metagaming measure. The TNs are secret, but it is possible to gain some idea of roughly where they are by looking at previous attempts to stabilise regions and whether or not they were successful. I'm not sure what precisely they are myself, but I know that they become progressively more difficult with each round a region is left unstabilised, and I also suspect that the TN is somewhat lower than the projected "14", given that rolls of 12 have apparently been successful in the past (though possibly only on the first round).

Speaking of anti-metagaming...
    What can I say? Poppa needs a new M10...
    ... "Poppa" in this case, was (Gengy) needs an new M10.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    I thought that Dark and Rando were handling the evil position... It's weird that their doing more infrastructure while the kindabutnotreally children are doing the wars (this round, at least).
    Think of it as giving each court a chance to shine at different things. Or maybe maximinzing the number of special actions the federation can take without having to change rulers and lose their 10 in that given stat.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

D1 write up for approval

Show
    Region: D1 Erimos
    Population: Uninhabited
    Resource: None

Spoiler: Society
    Show

Erimos appears to be completely uninhabited and shows no signs of having been previously occupied by a civilization. Currently, traders from the South Sea Company out of Krozna travel through the region and provide desert expeditions with life sustaining resources, setting up temporary trade posts at the small, sparse oases that can be found occasionally throughout the Erimosi Desert. Neighboring Calendula's Camel Kings, or Kamila Basileus, provide caravans and explorers with the camels of their namesake, however no permanent settlements have been founded in the region due to the harsh desert climate and nearly non-existent native resources.

Show
    The Erimosi Desert interior is a vast waste known as The Char, it is said that any man caught out there unawares will have his flesh burned off of his bones by the unyielding desert sun. This inhospitable stretch of dunes is occasionally relieved by small, green oases. Only a handful of these micro-habitations can be found throughout the desert expanse. Often, non-fruiting palm trees and scrub brush can be found surrounding small, shallow pools of underground aquifer fed freshwater. While these are popular spots for the caravans to rest and set up temporary markets, none are big enough to sustain any sizable population, settlements or wildlife. The northeastern edge of the Erimosi Desert, bordering Calendula and Kyanos is slightly more temperate and here can be found a myriad collection of desert shrubs, cacti and wildlife such as small reptiles and rodents, and the large insects they feed on. It is this more hospitable area that houses the newly built outpost that serves as a launching pad for the various desert expeditions and caravans, it is known as Beacon Point for the lights high on the watchtowers that help guide travelers out of the perilous desert.

Show
    The inhospitable desert does not currently provide any natural resources.
    Pepper this region writeup approved!

Forgive the double post. I didn't want a region submission to be overlooked.

Show
    Population: 500,000 Islanders (Humans)
    Resource: Melzinite Bees [Good]
    Required Resource: Wood
    Religion: Island Spirit Worship (minority)
    Spoiler
    Show

Show
    There are seven islands in the Archipeligo. Melzini, being the largest, and having the largest population, has exerted and maintained overall control for the past fifty years. The second largest is Warkini, followed by the ‘Twin Islands’, Gini and Fini, and then Roldini and the smallest is Houbini. Technically, the second largest island is Touca, but no one lives there, for good reason. Five of the islands have a volcano on it. In recorded and living memory, the Melzini Mountain has not erupted ever, and is to be ‘resting’ and ‘calm’. Warkini Warcano, however, erupted once, in what historians call the year 24. It has been dormant ever since.

The Twin Islands are so called this not because of the shape of the islands (Gini is slightly bigger, over all), but rather the two volcanos, Gini and Fini, are roughly the same height and shape. They even have ‘notches’ in the top of their volcanic rims in similar fashions. Both volcanoes are ‘resting’ and ‘calm’ and have not been known to ‘bleed’ any ‘earth blood’ in recorded history.

Touca, on the other hand, is seen as the upstart island. It does not have any large eruptions, but it does erupt on a fairly frequent basis. Once every ten years or so, Touca ‘bleeds’. There is little ash, but the mountain that makes up the angry island of the Archipelago is still unsafe to live on, as exactly when or where the lava comes out of is hard to – if not impossible to – predict. Touca is far enough away from inhabitants that no one is hurt when these mini-eruptions happen, but the more superstitious of the Islanders say that bad times happen when Touca is bleeding.

Currently, in the year 118, Touca has begun to emit red lava from it’s many seems. Historians and superstitious islands have conferred, and find it odd that the very day this started was the same day that Qount Martelo of the Republic of Pavos wrote his warning to the world about the demon that has been loosed upon Arandi.

The climate of the islands supports many tropical trees, sandy beaches, and a diverse island animal ecosystem. Rocks dot the Melzini island, and the rocks are rather soft compared to other types of stone. Islanders have learned to stay away from these rocks, as the other distinct feature of them is that they are quite porous and hollow. These ‘Melzinite’ rocks make for ideal hives for bees.
    Roldini and Houbini are smaller islands, supporting smaller populations, but they are mostly flat and forested, with few hills to speak of. If they had volcanos on them, they have long since been extinct, and – except for the dangers of tropical storms causing flooding (a very rare thing) – they are considered the safest places to live in the Archipelago.

Spoiler: People
    Show
    The Islanders are a peaceful people. Humans with skin that has been kissed by the sun, giving them a near permanent tan, they enjoy their lives just collecting fruit, tending to the Melzinite Bees, and watching their families grow.

They were led by a Council of Seven; one Council member from each island, except for Melzini – with the largest population – having two. The Council was, most of the time, fair and able to maintain order. But the Council and the Islanders were unprepared for any kind of assault, and so were taken by surprise when the Rose Courts claimed their islands. Though there were orders from Lady Spring and the invasion leaders to maintain a peaceful conquest, this was interpreted by some to mean ‘dealing with problems that might arise’. Thus, one by one, each Council member was hunted down, and forced to submit or be deposed and replaced by an Islander more willing to bow to the Courts.

A number of executions take place to secure the region for the Rose Demense, and it requires the skillful touch of the Autumn Court to come and appease the people. Spring Court members are discouraged from visiting the Archipelago for a few years, while things settle.

The Islanders have taken to disliking races of shorter statures, finding them distrustful and brutal. They are quite taken, however, by the beauty of the Matron governoress sent by the Autumn Court to help oversee the transition of the Islands into a member of the Demesne. The current Council of Seven is… unsettled, but trying to cope.

Show
    On Melzini, the Melzinite rocks house Melzinite Bees which provide ample honey to the Islanders and also serve as a great hobby for the people of Melzini. Recent techniques have been shared among all the other livable islands, and now Melzinite Bees – and their Melzinite hive rocks – are being shipped to Warkini, Gini, Fini, Roldini, and Houbini. Melzinite hives seem to be made up of soft, volcanic rock, and with the right techniques, entire hives can be shipped anywhere in the world for fresh honey.

The Islanders, though peaceful, have heard of the Ironwood of Melrakki-ey and seek it, or Wood like it, to make spears and weapons to defend themselves; and also make better boats, now that the Rose Courts are sharing their ship making skills with the people of the Archipelago.

Spoiler: Faith
    Show
    Each of the islands in the Archipelago is treated as having a ‘great spirit’. The Islanders are not deeply religious, but they do often utter phrases like ‘Praise Melzini’ if they live on Melzini island and are having a good day. Another phrase could be ‘Touca’s Ill Luck Upon Me’ if they are having a bad day. It’s not a strong religion; there are a few shaman who claim to be able to speak with the ‘great spirits’ of their islands, but few people follow the practices.
    Gengy, this region is region approved

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAegis View Post
    Region Write-up Apocalypse

Spoiler: Arcadia (Region 499)
    Show

Show
    Region 499
    Population: 733,000 Humans
    Resource: Wood (Good)

Show
    Terrain: Arcadia is a mostly wooded wilderness rich with wild life, plants are plentiful in the forests but it is not as dense as a traditional jungle. The coast of Arcadia is much like Praetoria's with rocky beaches and small cliffs. It is backed up against the Montes Umbra to the west.
    The region boasts a large logging industry that can barely keep up with the growth rate of the plants and trees in the deep woods.

Show
    The People: The people are organized in a city-state fashion, with representitives from each major city or tribe meeting to have an annual council in the province capital of Sylva. With all the trees and the growth rate of vegetation many people work hard to keep farms and ranches maintained, it is a hard days work to make sure the food supply isn't overgrown.
    The leader of the council of Arcadia is Benson Adair.

Show

Resources: The wood of Arcadia is plentiful and of high quality, but due to the rate at which it grows the loggers must find ways to repair damaged tools, they seek crystals or metal to reinforce the teeth of their saws and the bits of their axes.

Spoiler: Lapisia(Region 500)
    Show

Show
    Region: 500
    Population: 712,000 Humans
    Resource: Stone (Good)

Show
    Terrain: Lapisia is mostly dusty plateaus backing up to Montes Umbra, a few woodlands dot the landscape. Mountain streams from Montes Umbra run down and across the scrublands enough to sustain life to the plants and animals of the region. Most stone in the region is dark colored andesite with veins of granite running through it. At the edge of the plateau runs the steppes that reach far to the north.

Show
    The People: The people themselves are human in nature, more tanned then their northern counterparts. The Lapisians are more democratic then those in surrouding areas. The leader of the region is Talia Lanius, who answers to the council of the people known as the Consilium Vugalia. The capital city of Lapisia is Rytholis, which is nestled into the mountains in the east, other small cities such as Nybara and Kylia reside along the streams running across the plateau.

Show
    Resources: With the abundance of easy to mine andesite stone vast quarries have been established on the plateau and up to Montes Umbra. Quarrying is a labor intensive operation and the people of Lapisia desire a way to unwind after the work day is done, and wish for Alcohol.

Spoiler: Arcturia (Region 512)
    Show

Show
    Region: 512
    Population: 683,000 Humans
    Resource: Vodka (Poor)

Show
    Terrain: Arcturia is primarly windswept plains and grasslands, to the west an elevation increase denotes the start of the western steppes. The coastline is not as rocky as it is to the south, its more sandy and smoother boulders. With few trees or mountains in the area the wind tends to scour the plains, as such there is little to no insects or birds in the region.

Show
    The People: The Arcturians prior to colonization was a mostly tribal society, with tribes moving from place to place to shelter their camps from the high winds of the region. After colonization small tent cities have formed in sheltered areas and councils have formed to govern them and meet with the council of the Protectorate. The largest tent city, Holt's Pass, hosts this regions council meeting.

Show
    Resources: With more permanent settlement the people of the region have started to farm, producing food and extra potatoes are used to make vodka. Due to the high winds of the plains this region desires stone for strong buildings that can withstand the winds.
    Aegis all three need Faith sections and a little bit more on the physiology of the people wouldn't hurt my feelings.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2016-02-10 at 11:08 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

IMPORTANT TECHNOLOGY ANNOUNCEMENT

In light of a very reasonable military tech proposal that does not fit clearly into existing tech slots, I've decided to alter the slots slightly to account for an oversight of mine, namely for technologies regarding supply lines.

As such, the "Scouts and Stealth" slot has been changed to "Scouts and Supply". The stealth part of "Scouts and Stealth" has been merged with "Sappers and Traps". "Scouts and Supply" represents innovations in an army's support system, while "Sappers, Stealth, and Traps" represents innovations designed to undermine other armies.

No existing technologies are affected by this change, as all early military technologies have been in the realm of equipment and one case of Cavalry.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Family is... complicated to Aeldir. Mostly, these are terms of affection - and probably a little bit of an insult - from Kellianth.

"Poppa" in this case, was (Gengy) needs an new M10.

Kelli's Momma is a... matter of Aeldir birth, which, head-cannon, involves the Matriarch of the New (gasp, a previous Lady Spring!) and the Old Gods/spirit worship. The Rose Courts players are still solidifying exactly how Aeldir birth works, to be honest. We've had discussion on it, and there is a general consensus of 'cool thing' and 'fluff that makes sense', but no one among us has yet to write it all down in a manner that is [1] agreed on by the four of us and [2] more importantly, agreed on by Quinton.

What I can say is that Aeldir birth is (again, my head-canon) vaguely mystical in nature, and if I had not banned Faith, my Faith fluff actions would be to bring about more Aeldir. Whether this head-cannon becomes reality or not, I cannot say for sure at the moment.
    I WAS JOKING

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

So... Kellianth has been stealth-insulting - or possibly openly insulting - the other Aeldir leaders all this time?!
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    So... Kellianth has been stealth-insulting - or possibly openly insulting - the other Aeldir leaders all this time?!
    I KNEW there was a reason Primus liked her!

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    If they are insults - and I'm not saying they are - they are the type of insults that you are not quite sure if it's a private joke or something else. Kellianth is... always very friendly. But that doesn't mean she can't find creative ways to be mean, while still seeming friendly. Take her 'peaceful invasion'. In complete honesty, she wants an invasion with as little blood-shed as possible, and is quite baffled when people resist the superiority of the Aeldir. This is a - player acknowledged - delusion on her part, but she very much just wants to make friends with the people who live on the land that she now considers to be part of the Demesne. She won't be mean to them... but she might try to be clever.

Frankly, if she has any faults, it's that she wants very much to be seen as both friendly and clever, and goes to great lengths to try and make this so.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

So is it a thing that you can use an action of a type just to fluff stuff for the sake of the bonuses.

If or if not, consider this an open invitation for someone to provide me with a Diplomacy action...

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

So is it a thing that you can use an action of a type just to fluff stuff for the sake of the bonuses.

If or if not, consider this an open invitation for someone to provide me with a Diplomacy action...
    In my (very) limited experience, so far, yes.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

In my not quite as limited experience, it's totally acceptable to fluff actions for the purposes of Stats. So long as the fluff makes sense towards the action.

[Diplomacy] Create treaties across all regions regarding laws of the kingdom.
    This is fine

[Military] Create treaties across all regions regarding laws of the kingdom.
    This is not ok
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself