New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default There and back again; a neverending tale.

So back in 2004 (November) - my friend and I began a trek of creating a Neverwinter Nights machinima series called Neverending Nights - and much to our surprise, found folks who enjoyed the madness we had created. The series concluded after 65 episodes (ending in Jan 2013).

I have bounced back and forth with returning to the series and beginning a new adventure - but a lot of the original actors have long since moved out of San Diego. (And I dislike recording over Skype or other means; when it's not a controlled environment where it's very quiet), because several episodes suffered because of it (in terms of audio).

Well, the other day - someone had mentioned that the series is still pretty fun - but pretty rough at 800x600 resolution when they expand it to full screen (it blurs horrible and pixelates).

So then I thought - why don't I re-film the entire series and do what I can to "fix" the audio (as much as possible; in some cases, there's just going to be no helping it, for example when some lines were recorded by someone who lived on the other side of the US and recorded their lines on an iPhone).

Here is the original Episode 01:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3LXflc9np4

And here is the re-filmed 1080p (true HD) version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wr4-u9-zw0

I plan on re-releasing each episode every Saturday (for the next 65 Saturdays, as time permits).

If you enjoyed the new HD version; please share it and help get the word out. I'd GREATLY appreciate it.
    Last edited by Tawmis; 2016-02-23 at 08:13 PM.
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.

As promised, the second episode, re-filmed in 1080p HD has now been released:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuwb...ure=youtu.be&a
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Hmm... okay, I admit it, I'm interested.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Hmm... okay, I admit it, I'm interested.
    Good! I am glad to hear it! :) If you have any questions or anything - please feel free to ask! This series is VERY dear to my heart, which is why I have decided to go back and re-film the entire thing in 1080p HD.

And in the meantime, the third episode is now available:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erd3...mZ1lOZ&index=3

5. - Top - End - #5

For anyone interested/watching -

Episode 04:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2jp...mZ1lOZ&index=4

6. - Top - End - #6

eek Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.

It's Saturday, so Episode 05 HD is out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdM8...mZ1lOZ&index=5

If you have comments, you can comment on the video - or here - I am actively watching for comments, feedback, questions, etc.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Ah yes, even being rich is something the wizard is better at than anyone else...

8. - Top - End - #8

Ah yes, even being rich is something the wizard is better at than anyone else...
    Hah! You will meet Alan the Astounding in the next episode!

Small tid bit - each of these "guest stars" in the first season are close friends of mine. Each one of their character's "personalities" have some basis of truth to them.

For example, for Peter the Ranger (voiced by me) - I have the worse sense of direction. As does Peter the Ranger. (Even if he has a map - much like me)
    Amiee the Armorer (is my wife in real life) - and she loves to shop for clothes. That's why she's the one selling suits of armor.
    Poppy the Salt Vendor is a dear friend of mine (and my best friend's wife) - she literally puts salt on everything she eats. I mean everything. If she is eating salt - she'd probably salt it with more salt.

And Alan the Astounding - well, I won't spoil it - but will explain the story behind his character's "personality" trait after Episode 06 HD is released. :)

9. - Top - End - #9

And if you're a fan of Wizards; released a little early (I have a very busy day tomorrow!)

Here's Episode 06 "He's A Magic Man" 1080p HD!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUO_...mZ1lOZ&index=6

(Anyone recognize where the title comes from?)

10. - Top - End - #10

Episode 07 - Things That Make You Go... Boom? - HD
    https://youtu.be/Bytt4jTOe1U

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Episode 07 - Things That Make You Go... Boom? - HD
    https://youtu.be/Bytt4jTOe1U
    Wait, knowledge (Chemistry) isn't a ranger class skill!

12. - Top - End - #12

Wait, knowledge (Chemistry) isn't a ranger class skill!
    BWHAHAHHA!!! I love that! I wish I would have thought of that when we originally wrote this, and have Grayson say, "Did you just pull off a successful Knowledge Chemistry roll?"

But come to think of it - back in 2004, with D&D - was there even Knowledge Skills being used? I believe it was still 2nd Edition back then? LOL

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    BWHAHAHHA!!! I love that! I wish I would have thought of that when we originally wrote this, and have Grayson say, "Did you just pull off a successful Knowledge Chemistry roll?"

But come to think of it - back in 2004, with D&D - was there even Knowledge Skills being used? I believe it was still 2nd Edition back then? LOL
    NWN itself ran on 3e and NWN 2 on 3.5e.

14. - Top - End - #14

d20 Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.

NWN itself ran on 3e and NWN 2 on 3.5e.
    Someone hit me. I can't even believe I forgot what version of D&D NWN ran.

I clearly need some sleep...

(You can see how - the character I voice, Peter, and I ... are... way too similar at times).

15. - Top - End - #15

Episode 08 in HD:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovs8...ature=youtu.be

This was one of the episodes that had audio issues in the original. I tried to fix it, but sadly there was only so much I could do. :(

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

The sound's fine; the armourer's business acumen less so.

17. - Top - End - #17

The sound's fine; the armourer's business acumen less so.
    Hahahah! Why... whatever do you mean? :)

18. - Top - End - #18

Wow, it's been 12 years since I joined the forum (just realized that, looking at my avatar... Happy Birthday to me!)

But that's not why we're here!

Episode 09 in 1080p HD is now available!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmyZ...mZ1lOZ&index=9

Now that Peter & Grayson have flashy armor - will they be able to find some flashy weapons?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

Apparently. Also, really really cheap weapons, given that a longbow and a sword of (some kind of light effect) should set them back quite a lot more than 10 gold.

20. - Top - End - #20

Apparently. Also, really really cheap weapons, given that a longbow and a sword of (some kind of light effect) should set them back quite a lot more than 10 gold.
    Well, the Weapon vendor shows he's not all that great at math, himself, when he talks about 50,000 gold being divided by two equals 20,000 gold... So right there, you know he's already not the sharpest knife in the drawer. :)

21. - Top - End - #21

Episode 10 in 1080p HD is now available!

Peter the Ranger and Grayson the Fighter come across their good, old, friend Pawl the Dorf - who wants their help exploring a cave. What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Nq...Z1lOZ&index=10

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

It's actually a gnome, of course.

23. - Top - End - #23

It's actually a gnome, of course.
    That joke continues throughout the series. :)

24. - Top - End - #24

When we originally released this episode "back in the day" - it was a fan favorite. So much so that we would eventually implement the three goblins into the story much more...

Episode 11 - HD - Deep, Dark, Revenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVgO...sgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ

25. - Top - End - #25

Episode 12 - Where There's Smoke... in 1080p HD is now available!

Peter, Grayson and Pawl begin discussing the pros and cons of lighting a campfire in an enclosed cavern... What could go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKWG...Z1lOZ&index=12

26. - Top - End - #26

Episode 13 in 1080p HD - "In & Out, A Hero's Tale" is now available!

Peter and Grayson awaken to find that Pawl the Dorf still hasn't returned... while Peter "talks to the fish" in the lake... a mysterious voice begins to speak directly to Grayson's mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4c0...sgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ

27. - Top - End - #27

Episode 14 in 1080p HD - "Here Comes The Sand Again"
    (For those missing the reference, it's a spoof on the 80's song title Here Comes The Rain Again by the Eurythmics).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79C2...sgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ

Will Peter and Grayson find their way out of the Arreis Desert? (Anyone notice something odd about the name of the Desert?) And where is Pawl the Dorf? Before this episode is over - one of them will be called "A Great Hero." How? Why? Watch the episode and find out!

28. - Top - End - #28

amused Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.

Episode 15 in HD is available!

How can the situation for Peter and Grayson get any worse? Just watch, because it certainly does! BUT - Peter has come up with a new plan as they travel the deserts of Arreis! Will it work out? (Are you really wondering if it will? Because if you are, you've not been watching this show!) This episode also brings back a familiar face! (And foreshadows the coming of another character...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxNJ...sgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ

29. - Top - End - #29

Episode 16 in 1080p HD is now available!

Peter & Grayson's luck can't remain "bad" all the time right?

Well, their luck finally takes a turn and Peter & Grayson seem to get a break! Also, the episode ventures around back to Pawl the Dorf whose luck also changes!

This episode introduces four new characters to the series!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCzm...Z1lOZ&index=16

30. - Top - End - #30

Peter and Grayson head to the "Hero's Bar & Keep" for a drink... and a show? Things take a very strange twist for our dynamic heroes... very strange indeed... and the lady, seen at the pier previously (where Alan the Astounding most recently passed out), makes her presence known... and how does that tie in to our would be heroes? Watch Episode 17 of Neverending Nights and see!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmzA...sgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ