New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trogland X: The Trog Tribe Turns Ten

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    Here is a link to the group picture making a toast to absent friends.
    I thought we were toasting absinthe friends.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

I count as both ;)

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

I am now back home in Scotland after a great week in the US.

Massive thanks to De and Gryff for housing me for the couple of days that we weren't in JC.
    Also a huge thanks to the organisers in JC that gets everything sorted with the hotel and getting the events planned.

Mango, you're a monster when it comes to chowing down that Full Nelson in less than half an hour. Ordering it this year was a mistake for me. I knew it was even as I placed the order, but it had to be done.

Thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome again. Meetups like these truly shows that the world is a lot smaller nowadays than it was only 15-20 years ago, when people started getting to know each other over the internet.

Hopefully, I won't be too jetlagged over the weekend as I managed to sleep for most of the flight back home.

9.5/10. Would gladly do again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Some things I learned from Trogland X:

1) Thems that gets to the restaurant last get relegated to the lonely overflow table. (Zeb & Alarra may feel me on this one.)

2) People don't remember their shirt sizes.

3) Having the cookout *at* the hotel was way more convenient, and avoided the late-afternoon "crash" that happens after the ropes course event (though that is a great space...)

4) A full lance vs lance Battletech scenario takes too long for one sitting. (If I do something like that at Trogland again, think I'll go with 2 on 2 or something.)

5) Reverent One employs dark dice/card magic.
    5b) "$%*! Davion" ~ Mango

6) Running No Thank You, Evil! for multiple kids without getting totally derailed requires quick thinking and a lot of energy.

7) It is apparently possible for something to have a sugar content in excess of 100%. (those candies were so good they made my teeth hurt)

8) It's really difficult to sweep up Goldfish crackers on carpet with a broom.

9) Not taking pictures means, well, I don't have pictures - but it also means I get to have a lot more fun actually playing games and talking to people.

10) You people are awesome. (But really, I already knew that)

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    9.5/10. Would gladly do again.
    You better - we're getting used to having you here.

~PS
    "One Penguin To Rule Them All..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm invisible...I'm invisible...I'm baby mice-ing invisible!" ~ Diva De

The Boot. Fear it.

Thanks to Trog for OotK icon
    Also, thanks to El J, Kubb Ambassador

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Lexi's thank you list:

Thank you Mauve and Virginia for convincing me to play Paperback. And not just because I won, but I really did enjoy playing with you... and the two boys at the table.

Thank you Mango Kumquat for taking the picture to Rabbit for me. I hope she liked it.

Thank you KuReshtin and Archie for bringing lots and lots of delicious candy and beverages, and some not-so-delicious ones as well.

Thank you Gryff for hosting Zombicide: Black Plague for us. That was a great game.

Thank you De, Tim, Archie, Edie, Zeb, and Alarra for playing Zombicide and being awesome players. It was fun cooperating with you.

Thank you for all those who played Werewolf. Sorry I failed to kill the last one. Sorry Chris.

Thank you to Haruki, Archie, Virginia, and.... the pixie forgets who else played 7 Wonders. But it was a fun game.

Thank you Chambers, Kevin, and Tim for playing Munchkin with me.

Thank you Mystic Muse for coming down and staying with me for the weekend. Sharing the cost of gas and the room helps me immensely.

Thank you Mystic's mom for asking Krade and I to stay the night at their lovely home, and making a delicious roast for us.

Thank you Krade for once again sharing a ride with me, and inviting me to stay over at your house on the way down. And for paying for the second tank of gas. I really appreciated it.

Thank you Edie, Alarra, Mauve, and Katie for going to Jellybean's. I love the time we share.

Thank you to all the wonderful places we dine in huge groups: Hokey Smokey, Mid-City Grill, Mello Mushroom Pizza, Rainbow Asian Cuisine, and even IHop.

Thank you Best Western for being a wonderful host, though not as wonderful as years previous. Wish we'd gotten the conference room Friday Night as well.

Thank you to those who every year help organize Trogland. Without you, would there even be a Trogland anymore?

Thank you Atreyu, for being the best Llama a henchpixie could have. *hugs* I love spending time with you, and wish it could be more.

And finally, Thank you to everyone I didn't mention. It was fun meeting new people, and enjoying time with those I know.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Mango, you're a monster when it comes to chowing down that Full Nelson in less than half an hour. Ordering it this year was a mistake for me. I knew it was even as I placed the order, but it had to be done.
    Yeah, that was a mistake for me, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Thank you Mango Kumquat for taking the picture to Rabbit for me. I hope she liked it.
    For some reason I had it in my head that Ku had sent that. And, um... I discovered that the cover isn't sealed when the second fell out as I was taking it out of my car. Fortunately it fell into the seat instead of onto the wet ground.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Whew! Thanks, Mango. Did you like the second poster?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

I found it amusing. Very well-drawn. The minimal shading made it reminiscent of the cartoon.
    Spoiler
    Show