New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Unit stats (mainly Parson's)

Can stats just naturally change? For most of the Erfworld crew, I would say no. Not without outside help anyway. But Parson is completley different. He was brought in with a leadership of two, but that was with him not knowing anything of Erfwold and having no experience there.
    Now he has the 3D specs, the Uber Watch, and some recent experience with battle planning and execution. How will these affect his Leadership Score? Will they affect it?
    It is kind of disheartening to think that no matter how good Parson may become, he would still be "just a two"
    ...still keeping my jack boot on the neck of the little man...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio Anejo View Post
    ...Your life isn't going to get any worse...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Unit stats (mainly Parson's)

Units can be promoted (just look at Stanley), presumably getting better stats. Maybe Parson can self-promote?

Would be interesting to know if Parson's leadership bonus only applies to units in the same stack as him (i.e., those garrisoned at GK), or if they apply to all units on his side, including the dwagons out in the field.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzypaws View Post
    Units can be promoted (just look at Stanley), presumably getting better stats. Maybe Parson can self-promote?

Would be interesting to know if Parson's leadership bonus only applies to units in the same stack as him (i.e., those garrisoned at GK), or if they apply to all units on his side, including the dwagons out in the field.
    It says that they apply to all units from his capital

4. - Top - End - #4
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Parson noted that it applies to all units of his capital.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

I assume the pun was unintentional, but yeah that would be a good exploit all though being able to give yourself a +infinity leader bonus would kill the plot immediately.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Parson is already chief warlord. The only position open to him to be promoted to is overlord. Stanley might have something to say about that option.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Flakey View Post
    Parson is already chief warlord. The only position open to him to be promoted to is overlord. Stanley might have something to say about that option.
    As, eventually, might all of Gobwin Knob... in Parson's favor... Army>>>Stanley...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually, Stanley>>>Army. The guy plans to keep on going even if the entire capital (and thus presumably everyone in it and connected to it) gets destroyed, after all.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Well actually, I'm thinking about games like Disciples, a turn-based fantasy wargame. Individual units can gain levels and become more effective. Likewise even in Civilization 4.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well actually, I'm thinking about games like Disciples, a turn-based fantasy wargame. Individual units can gain levels and become more effective. Likewise even in Civilization 4.
    And in the most recent comic Stanley talks about Leveling his Warlords.
    So perhaps Parson's stats could increase, but not over time; I think he has to gain EXP first. How he does that (croaking, or ordering/overseeing croaking?) remains to be seen.