New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Hey yo this is the Naruto thread, and I have some news that is relevant beyond the regular news of fan fics updating.

Steam has The Last on it. For some reason.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

I hadn't completely forgotten when I said I'd do the new thread, but as there was no concensus, I'd left tit for a bit until I actually had something to say (and things have been busy to the point I also haven't watched Naruto since...!)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hey yo this is the Naruto thread, and I have some news that is relevant beyond the regular news of fan fics updating.

Steam has The Last on it. For some reason.
    All I get is a "sorry not available in your region."

I didn't relise that Steam was particularly regionalised.

Depressingly, I'm not surprised, because of course that sort of thing needs to be encouraged; after all, wouldn't want to deny the big companies the chance to gouge those people not living in [whatever region but most likely US and Canada], for more money later on or something, would we...

3. - Top - End - #3

A thought occurs to me.

The Sharingan and the Byakugan (and their advanced forms) are the conrnerstone of their respective clan's techniques-We have not seen a single person with a Dojutsu who did not either have the dojustus as the sole or at least significant factor in their repetoir of ninja tricks.

We have, in fact, not seen a Hyuuga who doen'st use Juken, and I imagine that when they were still around there were some Genin and Chunin ranked Uchiha whose Sharingan was the only reason they were't grunts and canon fodder.\

So how come Obito was the only dojutsu user who wore safety goggles?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So how come Obito was the only dojutsu user who wore safety goggles?
    One unique character trait per character, and once it's used up it's done. It's why Karin looks so generic, Kishimoto ran out of unique lady character traits.

Yes this is a thinly veiled "Kishimoto is bad at art" joke, but I just remember back to how A just has a solid block of white for teeth and I can't help myself.

That being said from a completely in universe reason you're VERY right, Obito is the only smart Uchiha. Which is why a boulder crushed him and he became the tree servant of a creepy old man who's incredibly evil.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-02-16 at 11:14 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

That being said from a completely in universe reason you're VERY right, Obito is the only smart Uchiha. Which is why a boulder crushed him and he became the tree servant of a creepy old man who's incredibly evil.
    No, that's why he became a tree. He became the old man's servant because the old man put a loyalty seal on his heart, then arranged for him to see his best friend kill his other best friend without context to trigger his genetic mental instability so that he'd be easier to brainwash. Context matters.

But now that I think about it, ninjaing is a profession where you're likely to have sharp and/or pointy object thrown or trusted at your face on a regular basis.

They have protectors that are supposed to be for their foreheads, but really every ninja should be wearing goggles.

And the Hyuga were depicted as being intelligent, where are their goggles?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I raise my oft noted point about Naruto's orange being a vastly more stealthy colour than most of the other characters, with particular emphasis on the Hyuuga's white robes, shiny forehead protectors and the worst offender of all, ANBU masks.

Though to be entirely fair, the show itself never critises the orange, so it can at least be given a pass on the benefit of rule-of-cool. (But a rule that falls apart as soon as you try to start pinning anything concrete to it.)

Sadly, for a show that started out with such promise on teamwork and clever thinking, Naruto has steadily got less adept at it as it has gone on.

(And at some point I might even get back to watching the next episodes again, so you can all have a laugh at the ; I might have tonight, even, but Mum's not very well again so she's still up. Price of vol 23 is now down to £19 as well now, back down to vaguely sane.)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I raise my oft noted point about Naruto's orange being a vastly more stealthy colour than most of the other characters, with particular emphasis on the Hyuuga's white robes, shiny forehead protectors and the worst offender of all, ANBU masks.
    It's not though, especially since the ANBU masks are non-reflective. The forehead protectors are though but still. That bright of an orange color isn't found in nature. It's why hunters use bright orange clothing while out hunting. It reflects light well and has no chance to be mistaken for anything that belongs in well...anywhere. But lets be honest, the Naruto world doesn't really seem all that interested in conveying a logical method of steal missions though when they do, all the characters are in black. Which black is still a terrible color for stealth, they'd want a dark blue-ish color.

8. - Top - End - #8

Then Ninjas are basically Wizards that are also Martial Artists rather than proper ninjas.

Completely honest, in this setting, I think once you've got a strong enough technique and enough chakra/control to reliably spam it, I think you can forgo stealth.

Also, the best explanation or the orange that I've read was a fic that said he deliberately got a bright orange outfit so that villagers would get headaches when they glared at him.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2016-02-16 at 06:56 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    It's not though, especially since the ANBU masks are non-reflective.
    No, they're WHITE. The absolute worst colour to have for camoflage or low visibility outside of a snow field, especially at night.

There are (albeit it arguebly darker and striped) some orange predators. There are no white predators outside of the Arctic range and even then most only during the winter when there is snow on the ground.

I mean, white is literally the brightest colour that isn't actually a specular reflective surface; that's why it IS white, because it (diffusely) reflects more wavelengths than anything else, so you see it as white... Unless there is snow on the ground, you do not want to be wearing white for camoflage. (I mean, in the natural world, white is used for DAZZLE pattens...!)

Naruto's orange is not worse than white for visibility during the day (given it is orange and not actually hi vis reflective material, despite what people claim1) and it is CERTAINLY not at night.

1If you look at screencaps from the series at night (best screenshots I could find at this hour (I'm 90% certain these are screenshots anyway))

Spoiler
    Show

you will notice that the orange is a lot more muted in lower light. (In both cases, the most visible part of the characters is ther exposed skin.)

Yes, it is fairly visible - but it's not as bad as people claim it is; not all oranges are equal.

10. - Top - End - #10

True, but the only white the anbu wear is for their masks. It makes for a great intimidation technique when suddenly a white face looks up out of the darkness and thats all you can see. At best a shapeless mass blending into the shadows and this white mask. Admit it, if you saw
    Spoiler: this
    Show
    suddenly appear in front of you out of nowhere, you would be startled at best, pants wetting at worst. Because not only did they catch you off guard, you know what they are. The elite. And they are now right in front of you without warning.

Its also a psychological move in that people are going to tend to aim for the bright white target, which means they are attacking your face. You know, where you can see it coming, its a small target, and easy to dodge with?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #11

Also keep in mind the point of the masks isn't for stealth so much as it is "disguising your identity". If they wanted stealth masks they'd just wear hoods and pull their shirt up like Kakashi.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    True, but the only white the anbu wear is for their masks. It makes for a great intimidation technique when suddenly a white face looks up out of the darkness and thats all you can see. At best a shapeless mass blending into the shadows and this white mask. Admit it, if you saw
    Spoiler: this
    Show
    suddenly appear in front of you out of nowhere, you would be startled at best, pants wetting at worst.
    No, I would immediately stab/shoot/Maximised Disintegrate it in the face, as would any competantly trained combatant.

The only people who are going to be intimidated are the ones who pose no threat to a competant ninja anyway, as they will be be green or inexperienced troops - or civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab
    Its also a psychological move in that people are going to tend to aim for the bright white target, which means they are attacking your face. You know, where you can see it coming, its a small target, and easy to dodge with?
    That... that is really not how that works, like, at all. Painting a target on your face, one of the most vulnerable parts of your body, is unfathomably stupid.

Also keep in mind the point of the masks isn't for stealth so much as it is "disguising your identity". If they wanted stealth masks they'd just wear hoods and pull their shirt up like Kakashi.
    Now that is a marginally more defensible rational. Though I don't recall the ANBU ever actually doing that... Mind you, I don't recall the ANBU ever appearing to be anything other than continually Worfed to the point where I'm pretty sure they aren't really all that Elite, they just put the kind of mediocre folks who are not interesting enough to be proper elite jonin.

(No, I do not have a high opionon of the ANBU at all, now you ask...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-02-17 at 03:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Now that is a marginally more defensible rational. Though I don't recall the ANBU ever actually doing that... Mind you, I don't recall the ANBU ever appearing to be anything other than continually Worfed to the point where I'm pretty sure they aren't really all that Elite, they just put the kind of mediocre folks who are not interesting enough to be proper elite jonin.

(No, I do not have a high opionon of the ANBU at all, now you ask...)
    An unfortunate artifact of writing. It's hard to write an anonymous character as meaningfully interesting without breaking the anonymity in some way (at the very least identifying that it's the same anonymous character each time), and anonymity is ANBU's primary thing.

Though now that I think about it, he could have gone for making the organization as a whole into a character.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

14. - Top - End - #14

Caught up on the anime's episodes. Man, Kankuro is the only one with a decent Infinite Tsukiyomi dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

So, at some point, y'know, I may actually get around to watching more of the DVDs.. Been kinda busy lately (and Mum going into hospital has not greatly improved matters...)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

So, the newest update for Take Two has appeared, and reading it has gotten me to thinking. What is the most powerful Naruto those of you who read fanfiction have ever come across?

For me I'm waffling between three of them: Take Two's Naruto, who at his current level of power(and for those who don't read, he has had his powers sealed by his OC trainer to pretty much a fraction of what he's capable of) can wipe out an entire Hidden Village without much issue; Echoes two primary Narutos, one whom is The Big Bad known as The Warlord, and the Naruto that is opposing them. Both are world travellers with obscene levels of power(The Warlord could come to a new world, and without destroying the planet go down and wipe out the entire population of the world in a matter of minutes); The final Naruto to make my list is the Naruto from the Sakura-based version of the "Chuunin Exam Day" story(this is not the one most fanfic readers know, it is a different one). The Naruto from that story is also a world/timeline traveller who is so powerful that his power alone completely dwarfs the Ninetails, basically makes it insignificant. He manages to go through an entire army full of multiple copies of the most powerful Ninja and iirc Bijuu that could be gathered by the Big Bad of the story, a super-powered Sasuke.

An honorary mention would go to the Naruto of the Nightfall fanfiction. The last time I read the story(a minimum of 15 or so chapters ago, it's been a solid year n a half since I last looked at it) that version of Naruto was on the cusp of combining all 5 elements into a single Rasengan, which if I'm not mistaken would basically make it a Truth Seeking Sphere. This Naruto has the Rinnegan is pretty damn powerful, but compared to the other four mentioned here is basically a baby still.

The main 4, to put it into perspective, would easily be at SSJ4 Goku level of power, and The Warlord(who I think is my ultimate pick for the moment) could very much go Toe to Toe with SSJG Goku and possibly pull out a win.

17. - Top - End - #17

Perfection: Naruto the Chimera, has a Naruto that is effectively invincible before he's a ninja.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #18

Hmm, Time Braid is certainly a contender. As you said, its a naruto powerful enough that in the final confrontation, he is in an area meant to suppress the nine tails power, he is fighting pretty much all of akatsuki at once, an army of zetsu clones, multiple brainwashed jinchuriki, and two brainwashed naruto versions unleashing plenty of kyuubi juice. And all that wasnt even expected to stop him, the goal was to use that just to slow him down enough and weaken him to the point where sasuke's plan to win might have an actual shot. Its just hard to say for sure, because other than rawr energy blast and naruto winning, you dont get to see his overwhelming power on a level like take two. Mainly since that naruto isnt the main character. That being said, I would certainly put my money on sakura beating her take two counterpart, assuming presence shenanigans didnt no sell her abilities.

You know what? Im giving it to time braid naruto, if only because its been so long since I read echoes and I have missed numerous upgrades so I cant recall his feats there. Even with his established power levels in take two, its acknowledged that naruto cant just crush akatsuki in a straight up fight, and time braid naruto does it while simultaneously rampaging through multiple jinchuriki as well. Yeah he has some backup, but honestly, it was mainly his work.

I was going to include some of the standard "Hey naruto, even though im an evil demon fox, im going to give you 8.5 tails of chakra to keep and show you how to abuse shadow clones to be kage level before the academy graduates" But yeah, most of the really super powerful narutos could roflstomp kyuubi easily. There is one higher up naruto, though not on time braid levels, Black Flames Dance In The Wind: Rise of Naruto. Its a dark naruto story, and while he is super powerful, the author made sure to give him equally or even greater super powered opponents. So its not as obvious as it sometimes gets in gary stu naruto stories where he blinks and orochimaru dies instantly. I kinda lost track of the story awhile back. It is a really slow updating fic, and its so heavily au that its hard to keep the details straight in between.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

now I'm imagining a Naruto so powerful, that every time he tries to save the world, he accidentally destroys it instead and has to constantly time travel to fix his mistake, to the point where he is basically the One Jutsu Ninja.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    now I'm imagining a Naruto so powerful, that every time he tries to save the world, he accidentally destroys it instead and has to constantly time travel to fix his mistake, to the point where he is basically the One Jutsu Ninja.
    So Naruto "Dragonball" Uzumaki?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Perfection: Naruto the Chimera, has a Naruto that is effectively invincible before he's a ninja.
    Since I had never heard of this story before(I almost never read anything below 150k words as I find it a waste of time, it's hard to tell a good fanfiction of naruto without hitting around the 200k mark) I went to check it out. Wish I had stuck with my normal rule, only because the story is quite interesting, but been abandoned for years ><

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Since I had never heard of this story before(I almost never read anything below 150k words as I find it a waste of time, it's hard to tell a good fanfiction of naruto without hitting around the 200k mark) I went to check it out. Wish I had stuck with my normal rule, only because the story is quite interesting, but been abandoned for years ><
    Umhmm. It could have been great.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

didnt the naruto in the reaching for a dream fic eventually become a god?

at least thats what i remember from him taking over a universe at the end of that entire fic
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    didnt the naruto in the reaching for a dream fic eventually become a god?

at least thats what i remember from him taking over a universe at the end of that entire fic
    Yep, he became a primordial force of creation and destruction. Cant believe I forgot about him. He is a reality altering god who can do anything he wants including creating pocket dimensions he can toss jerks into so they can try to survive a live action D&D game. He is certainly above take two naruto as he can literally just wish the world to not exist. Or to grow arms and legs and go cavorting off into the greater galaxy. Whatever he would find more amusing. I think he would actually get on well with ghost and crew as he is a perverted and massively chaotic being that is kicking around on their power levels (though ghost would easily crush him most likely) Though his wife would likely get very pissy very fast at no longer being the big dog on campus. Honestly, most of the family would likely be able to beat them, but primarily because that naruto hasnt fought anyone other than his wife on equal terms or worse since becoming a god. But that aside, I bet naruto would have a ball hanging out with them. A bunch of near omnipotent beings who dont take very much seriously and mainly enjoy having a good time screwing around? Yeah, he would find that great fun.

As for great stories that got abandoned, I miss Foxhound. It had such potential. The author just created this bloodline out of whole cloth called the Unlimiter. Basically, human bodies can only get do big, so strong, so fast etc, before they hit a hard cap. Narutos bloodline means he will never stop improving so long as he keeps working at it. He can keep getting stronger, faster, having more chakra, having more stamina, etc etc etc. For so long as he lives, this will continue. That means theoretically, he could reach a point where his baseline stats are superior to 8 gate gai. It could take decades of training to reach that point, but its possible.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

I am highly disappointed in myself for forgetting about the Reaching for a Dream Naruto as well. I think it's mostly because I almost don't see him as Naruto anymore after so many adventures in different places. All the other Naruto's mentioned(well, maybe not Echoes as much) still retain a fair amount of their "Narutoness", the Naruto from Noodlehammers fics though is virtually an OC by this point in time.

But yeah, he's definitely the top of the heap. He'd probably have great fun toying around with The Warlord before crushing him like a bug, which is kind of scary considering how powerful The Warlord is.

Still gotta give Ghost and the Family the win against him and Xanna though. They aren't just god's, they are basically the gods of the gods of the gods.

Not 100% that Xanna would flip out finding she's no longer big dog on the block though, wasn't it in the Superman crossover she made a connection with the "god" of that world/universe, and even told Naruto that he shouldn't mess with it, even though it wasn't exactly a cohesive consciousness like them, it still had the power to go against them. Which shows she knows there are other gods out there and some can match them. She'd probably butt heads with the Family once or twice, realize she's outmatched and just be on her way.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2016-03-08 at 06:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I am highly disappointed in myself for forgetting about the Reaching for a Dream Naruto as well. I think it's mostly because I almost don't see him as Naruto anymore after so many adventures in different places. All the other Naruto's mentioned(well, maybe not Echoes as much) still retain a fair amount of their "Narutoness", the Naruto from Noodlehammers fics though is virtually an OC by this point in time.

But yeah, he's definitely the top of the heap. He'd probably have great fun toying around with The Warlord before crushing him like a bug, which is kind of scary considering how powerful The Warlord is.

Still gotta give Ghost and the Family the win against him and Xanna though. They aren't just god's, they are basically the gods of the gods of the gods.

Not 100% that Xanna would flip out finding she's no longer big dog on the block though, wasn't it in the Superman crossover she made a connection with the "god" of that world/universe, and even told Naruto that he shouldn't mess with it, even though it wasn't exactly a cohesive consciousness like them, it still had the power to go against them. Which shows she knows there are other gods out there and some can match them. She'd probably butt heads with the Family once or twice, realize she's outmatched and just be on her way.
    Nah, she was really annoyed that when naruto suggested they go beat up hades for giggles it basically stepped in and said no. She HATED the idea of some other entity out there telling her what to do, or looking over her shoulder or whatever. In fact she insisted they leave right away, not out of fear of conflict, but out of sheer annoyance that this being would always be there waiting to disapprove of some random thing they wanted to do. She did feel pity for it, because it was less an entity and more a general consciousness, but while it might not be stronger than her directly, it was likely it could exert its power over a greater area. So sort of like dumping an ocean over you. Sure your umbrella is awesome and powerful, but thats still an ocean being dumped on you. It is going to get messy.

But as to how that would translate to the family? Eh, it depends on how long it takes them to try and impose limits. Like, "Look, we are playing with this world, keeping our displays of power below a certain threshold, please dont mess it up." Even though she likely would have done the same normally, the very idea that there are beings capable of telling her what to do would likely just drive her nuts. Her character is very much so "I am the greatest, the supreme, the ultimate, noone can tell me what to do" Naruto is pretty much the only exception to that rule, and even then its a lot of push and pull between them.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

So I am finally watching the Shippuden later anime episodes of the day that will not end. I am not a big fan on how Shippuden tries to prolong the series forever, with too many flashbacks, with too many non canon filler side quests, and with too many purposefully slow down the battle or recap to make the fights last longer.

That combine with a really bad taste in the mouth of the Kyubbi vs Pein and I just gave up on it years ago....

--------

But I just realized something after watching the Shippuden anime.

So the original page of the six paths, Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki and his brother Hamura Ōtsutsuki purposefully shared their chakra and in the process gave the ability of people to generate their own unique chakra from their body and spirit. There are three types of energy that are the source of chakra.

• Physical energy (身体エネルギー, shintai enerugī) is collected from each and every one of the body's cells and can be increased through training, stimulants, and exercise.
    • Spiritual energy (精神エネルギー, seishin enerugī, English TV: Mental Energy) is derived from the mind's consciousness and can be increased through studying, meditation, and experience.
    • Natural energy (自然エネルギー, Shizen enerugī, English TV: Nature Energy), is energy that can be collected from the atmosphere and terrain. If one can collect the natural energy from around them and combine and balance it with the spiritual and physical energy that makes up their chakra, they can become sages and enter Sage Mode, allowing them to use senjutsu.

Hagoromo and Hamura's goal was to spread chakra around for in the process it allows people via their spiritual energy to relate to one another. They hoped that this spread of spiritual chakra would allow people to relate and understand each other due to the limits of words to share owns inner goals and dreams and it is the misunderstanding or ignorance of others that often lead to conflict and conflict that can escalate to death and blood war.

This was the goal of the philosophy/religion of Ninshū (忍宗, Viz: Ninja Creed, Literally meaning: Shinobi Sect). In effect it was supposed to create a very primitive form of empathy / telepathy between people and thus better help people understand each other and achieve peace.

The problem though it also gave people new tools to fight each other and kill each other and this lead to the creation of Ninjutsu (忍術, Literally meaning: Ninja Techniques). Aka ways to kill each other involving things like physical fighting, fighting with weapons, fighting with illusions (genjutsu), fighting with the elements, and fighting with things that manipulate form and reality (yin and yang style techniques) as well as sealing techniques.

--------

This is the Chakra receivers first introduced in the Pain arc

Back in the Q&A (not on panel of the manga, but instead in the fan interaction of Shonen Jump during the pain arc) we learn what it takes to make the chakra receivers. Pain literally mixes his own blood with his chakra and this takes material form.

• Pain can then disrupt your chakra with his own chakra using this technique. Preventing you from using your own ninjutsu or even moving.
    • He can also control bodies living or dead through chakra rods.
    • He can also use dead bodies as a source of techniques via transmitting his chakra which is then transmitted to the rods and then dispersed through the dead body. He can be several miles away but in effect it is like his chakra nervous system was still attached to the dead bodies chakra system like artificial forms of limbs via using his "dead body robot drones."

Pein transferring charka over long distances is just like the goal of Ninshu was, transmitting chakra over long distances and having chakra influence each other bodies kinda like a genjutsu but not with the goal of taking over other peoples bodies or senses but instead showing more of yourself in ways that is hard to do with words or actions.

Now later on we learn this ability is not unique to Pein but all the users of the Rinnegan can use this ability (Black Zetsu uses its as well but he was attached to a Rinnegan user at the time). Later on we learned that these chakra rods have more abilities
    • They can be used as weapons and were stronger than most materials.
    • They can be combined with chakra chains, and used to drain chakra or reseal tailed beasts even if the beast is still in a human host.
    • Will Materialisation such as when Black Zetsu was supposedly created by Madara but was actually created earlier by Kaguya. Also when Madara placed the cursed seal on Obito's heart and when Madara finally takes control of Obito to cause his resurrection.

Yet these chakra transmitting rods disappear if the person is knocked out cold or is killed.

--------

We also saw something very similar to the chakra rods and that is the truth seeking balls.

Truth seeking balls are made out of all 5 elements being shaped into a single entity. They can also have light and dark (yin and yang) chakra added to them as well though the initial Obito truth seeking balls lacked this effect and not until he reclaimed complete control of the Ten Tails did they gain this ability.

All the users of the Truth Seeking Balls have had all the chakra of all 9 chakra beasts and thus were effectively jinchuruki for the 10 tails (Naruto, Obito, Madara), or were a descendant of Ōtsutsuki clan and they have access to six path sage mode (Hamura brother of the Sage of the six paths, Asura son of the sage of the six paths, Hagoromo the sage of the sixth paths)

But the thing is we actually learned something very special about the ten tails.

The original chakra tree that preceded the ten tails, which eventually bears a chakra fruit is formed from the blood of mankind and the wars that man fought prior to chakra.

And such you can say the ten tails and the tails beast themselves are pretty much the living embodiments of the blood of mankind. The blood that was shed unwisely because men have dreams but men find it hard to communicate their dreams to others and thus their is misunderstanding and ignorance and this leads to blood conflict.

Put another way the Chakra Beasts, the tailed beasts are living regrets of mankind who wanted an ideal world but man's arrogance got in the way instead of man being receptive and understanding and trying to cross the divide between people.

Now the truth seeking balls can be converted into chakra rods. But more importantly the truth seeking balls can nullify and block all ninjutsu that does not have sage chakra, but they can also be used for creation where they can literally rewrite reality / the world such as when the Sage of the Six Paths used the Sword of Nunoboko in the distant past or when Kaguya almost created a new reality in her fight with team 7 with that massive truth seeking ball.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

So there is gonna be another Naruto One shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    It is about Orochimaru's kid.

Who asked for this, and More importantly Who in the name of the great lord of the dark let Orochimaru into her pants.

29. - Top - End - #29

Spoiler
    Show
    The kid in question(Mitsuki, the blue haired kid and Noruto an d Sarada's team mate) only ever refers to Orochimaru as his parent and refuses to clarify when Sarada asks which parent Orochimaru is.

According to Narutopedia, he's a synthetically created human.

Essentially he's one big experiment by Orochimaru.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2016-04-25 at 06:29 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    The kid in question(Mitsuki, the blue haired kid and Noruto an d Sarada's team mate) only ever refers to Orochimaru as his parent and refuses to clarify when Sarada asks which parent Orochimaru is.

According to Narutopedia, he's a synthetically created human.

Essentially he's one big experiment by Orochimaru.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh right I forgot that Orochimaru steals whatever body, but my question applies to both Genders, I don't care if Orochimaru were to take over the sexiest body possible. Nobody should ain't having sex with Orochimaru.