New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, I've seen the archives of Naruto Shippuden. the filler is strong, rivals some pokemon seasons in density. I honestly have just skipped to the new series which is better than the original, but I've lost track of my place after the new Team 7 was formed? I dunno I'll have to catch up. though maybe I should see that movie where Naruto and Hinata hook up, just so that I can see Hinata having her win there.
    well you can kinda skip the next to arcs as its basicly give every one a screen time except this weeks one as we basicly in final sketch to chunnin exams and officially start to burn manga content. But somehow Konohamaru and Naruto are gonna be brother in law as if my hunch is correct Hanabi and Konohamaru gonna be the this eras asuma and kurenai duo. but you can wait few more weeks if you want or watch the boring character development arcs or basicly nearly everyone in boruto's class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Wait holy **** you're THAT far behind.

Enjoy the next five million years of nothing but pointless awful war.
    Eh, if it's just like those episodes, I honestly don't mind. Seeing the characters all just fracking about is fine with me.

Hell, anything beats a) Saskue moping, b) Pain's backtory and c) four episode-long flash back of the entire series (three epsiodes of which I DID skip.)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Eh, if it's just like those episodes, I honestly don't mind. Seeing the characters all just fracking about is fine with me.

Hell, anything beats a) Saskue moping, b) Pain's backtory and c) four episode-long flash back of the entire series (three epsiodes of which I DID skip.)
    I mean I'm surprised at how far back you were, I thought you were IN the war arc. And don't worry you're gonna get four episode long flashbacks, just of vaguely pertinent information!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

I mean I'm surprised at how far back you were, I thought you were IN the war arc. And don't worry you're gonna get four episode long flashbacks, just of vaguely pertinent information!
    Last night I finished DVD volume 22, which is episode 283. So the war has just kicked off. And I'm as of last month, nine volumes behind the latest DVD release (which ends at 401).

QUITE a long way...!

(The aforementioned four-episode nonsense was episodes 257-260, the latter three of which I skipped because FRACK. THAT. NOISE. I don't care how many little extra bits they added in, ye gods I don't need to be told that story ad infinitum...)

Actually, on looking up technically the war started in episode 256 (which is why a four-episode flashback hurt). So, that's what, 27 23 episodes to cover the first battle and night...!

And yes, I'm bloody determined to wait until after episode 500 before I watch Naruto: the Last Movie...

Edit: And... on skimming the many, MANY more titles on Shippuden left, actually, I might be wrong, the movie might well be set BEFORE the end of the series, have to work that out once we're done with the crazy-tree-lady stuff...!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-03-21 at 11:04 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275

Naruto the Last takes place after the end of the series. At the very least at the end of the war.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

I just wanted to check, is this also the Boruto discussion thread?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I just wanted to check, is this also the Boruto discussion thread?
    Yes this is also the Boruto thread, and anything else related to Naruto.

Most likely we will see manga chapter 22 in the next 7 days or less. Chapter "021 - How You Use It" came out in the mid 20s on most fan subs and so on.

Furthermore there is a Boruto Anime that has its own arcs.

To my understanding currently Boruto in the anime has graduated the academy and thus is a real Genin but the Chunnin Exams has not happened, aka the Anime is still at a point of the story that is before the Boruto movie.

-----

All of this stuff can be talked about in this thread, but also things like Naruto Fanon and so on. With Spoilers there is no real and hard fast rules besides be respectful and identify things in the spoiler block of what you are talking about for it is kind of the Wild West of where in the story Boruto is for the different media of Boruto are at different parts of the timeline and so on. Then again this is kind of common even in "Epic" storytelling even if you have a single narrator where you start the narrative of an epic poem in the middle and during the poem we either have flashbacks or so on to establish what came before. (Starting the story in the middle is one of the 10 rules of determining whether an epic poem is considered an "epic", literally rule / test #1)
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

8. - Top - End - #278

I keep on forgetting to comment on Boruto because it's super uncompelling to me for the most part. I like the trick they did to drain Aoi's chakra, and it's kinda neat, I'm just super not interested.

Give me more Sarada ninja adventures please.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Question do we have any canon evidence on the rules of complex machinery / unique materials aka ninja tools and Kage Bushin / Shadow Clones? Aka can you do a shadow clone with a ninja tool that has a limited amount of shots and if so what happens?

1) complex machinery / unique materials can't be replicated but other things like simple tools, weapons, clothes can be replicated by kage bushin?

2) complex machinery have their energy / number of shots reduced between the clones?

3) complex machinery is completely replicated by kage bushin and there is some other limiting factor besides "chakra" to preseve something similar to the idea of conservation of mass / energy and so on.

4) something I have not thought of.

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Question do we have any canon evidence on the rules of complex machinery / unique materials aka ninja tools and Kage Bushin / Shadow Clones? Aka can you do a shadow clone with a ninja tool that has a limited amount of shots and if so what happens?

1) complex machinery / unique materials can't be replicated but other things like simple tools, weapons, clothes can be replicated by kage bushin?

2) complex machinery have their energy / number of shots reduced between the clones?

3) complex machinery is completely replicated by kage bushin and there is some other limiting factor besides "chakra" to preseve something similar to the idea of conservation of mass / energy and so on.

We do not have any evidence for or against any of this. PRESUMABLY any stuff used by a shadow clone is made of the same stuff a shadow clone is made of, though.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2018-03-23 at 01:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

We do not have any evidence for or against any of this. PRESUMABLY any stuff used by a shadow clone is made of the same stuff a shadow clone is made of, though.
    Thank You LaZodiac for this data point, but I am still keeping this question open. I want someone who is more - "retentive" than you are, and once I find that angry person to confirm my intuition that this has not be answered in lore / canon I will close my book on this curious question.

I am trying to figure out how to put this into a kitsch metaphoror is this metaphor quiche, I just can't remember too many words that sound alike in my head...I feel you are much too a waterbender and I am want a firebender to confirm my intuition that no one has explained enough how shadow clones work with ninja tools.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post

Hm.

Hm.

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

what do you count as "complex machinery"? because TECHNICALLY, human bodies are machines made of bones, water, carbon and whatnot. they're really complex, arguably more complex a lot of machines. and they can replicate those just fine. and a clone could just spit saliva from their mouth, (I'm surprised that isn't part of a waterbending assassination technique to turn spit into a bullet that can pierce skulls).

the sources I read say that the chakra HAS to be evenly distributed to every shadow clone, so therefore the force of which that clone can hit is also evenly distributed. More clones means more directions to hit from but less force behind the blow. for ammo, technically if we think about it, Naruto's kunai counts as ammo, and therefore so does his clothes, his headband and so on. after all, they're all matter and therefore there is no difference, its just the clone naruto and his clothes, they are all fragile and hit like a feather. If there was a limited amount of shots for complex machinery not connected to the machinery, the same would hold true for Naruto's clothes and therefore all narutos past a certain point would all be naked.

Since this does not happen, limited ammo is out. the only logical conclusion is that if you handed Naruto a pistol and he made a shadow clone of that, that pistol would have just as many shots as the original.....its just that both guns would just hit half as hard, since your dividing its chakra in two.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #283

Hm.

Hm.

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

what do you count as "complex machinery"? because TECHNICALLY, human bodies are machines made of bones, water, carbon and whatnot. they're really complex, arguably more complex a lot of machines. and they can replicate those just fine. and a clone could just spit saliva from their mouth, (I'm surprised that isn't part of a waterbending assassination technique to turn spit into a bullet that can pierce skulls).

the sources I read say that the chakra HAS to be evenly distributed to every shadow clone, so therefore the force of which that clone can hit is also evenly distributed. More clones means more directions to hit from but less force behind the blow. for ammo, technically if we think about it, Naruto's kunai counts as ammo, and therefore so does his clothes, his headband and so on. after all, they're all matter and therefore there is no difference, its just the clone naruto and his clothes, they are all fragile and hit like a feather. If there was a limited amount of shots for complex machinery not connected to the machinery, the same would hold true for Naruto's clothes and therefore all narutos past a certain point would all be naked.

Since this does not happen, limited ammo is out. the only logical conclusion is that if you handed Naruto a pistol and he made a shadow clone of that, that pistol would have just as many shots as the original.....its just that both guns would just hit half as hard, since your dividing its chakra in two.
    That's different, given Naruto's shadow clones are from the Forbidden shadowclone technique, which makes this clones actual living breathing beings (and sends their experiences to him once they poof). A regular shadow clone is just kinda smoke or water or whatever. That being said, those clones also have clothing, though I do not recall if we've seen any using actual full on weaponry before, so your point makes sense.

14. - Top - End - #284

Naruto's Shadow Clones are the only Shadow Clones. There are no regular Shadow Clones, they're eithe rShadow clones or they're not.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Naruto's Shadow Clones are the only Shadow Clones. There are no regular Shadow Clones, they're eithe rShadow clones or they're not.
    I'm probably getting the terminology wrong but my point stands. They were teaching the students a standard clone technique in school, which is the basis of which all the other clone techniques like water, stone, sand, etc come from. Naruto got his hands on the Forbidden Shadow Clone Technique which is unique in that instead of just making a body double that takes a hit and poofs, he actually splits himself and his chakra.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Since when does how hard a gun hits depend on how much chakra it has?
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

I'm probably getting the terminology wrong but my point stands. They were teaching the students a standard clone technique in school, which is the basis of which all the other clone techniques like water, stone, sand, etc come from. Naruto got his hands on the Forbidden Shadow Clone Technique which is unique in that instead of just making a body double that takes a hit and poofs, he actually splits himself and his chakra.
    naruto episode 1 all class except naruto pass using regular clone jutsu. only naruto pass via dangreous version of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Rater is right, your referring to the "Clone" jutsu, not the "Shadow Clone" Jutsu, those are two separate things.

Clone jutsu is just illusions, they can't touch or affect anything. the reason its taught as a basic school technique is because they're only useful as a distraction. basically nothing but the ninja version of the after-image technique.

Shadow Clone is the one thats solid and can affect things, with the added bonus of sending your memories back to your original self when they get poofed.

while all the other elemental clones, are used to get around the Shadow clones high chakra requirement by simply finding a material and putting chakra into it.

in short: clone jutsu doesn't matter for this, because clone jutsu is so useless compared to all the other clone jutsus out there, that we almost never see it actually being used after a while.

@ Douglas: Exactly. though a ninja could still enhance it with chakra like they do with their simpler weapons.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

To add on to what others have said, the regular clone jutsu does not "go poof" when hit, your hand/shuriken/kunai just passes through it. This is both a weak spot and a strong spot compared to the Shadow Clone, as while the Shadow Clone can interact with the world, it will become dispelled with a single hit, whereas the clone jutsu can't interact, it also can't be dispelled through physical means, so if you can distract the enemy and they forget which copy of you is just a copy, they make the mistake of assuming the clone is you and vice versa, thus buying you more time to complete a critical jutsu/land a fight finishing hit.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Bleakbane Catches Up With Naruto

Next six episodes, in brief...

Bahahahahahahaha! that Helmet-splitter dude went down like a CHUMP.

Gaara, that girl (who apparentrly just appeared this episode...?) knows Talk no Jutsu. If she isn't a jonin already, promote her.

Two-part Tsunade + Raikage arc...

Pfft. Guy and Kakashi just kicked two more Smuckmens of the Mist - and Kakashi literally had his eyes closed! Those dolts are SO bad at their jobs. Heck, the only ones who are worse are all the dunces (presumably genins) who keep forgetting to attack with jutsu and fricking DODGE (or use substitution).

Aaaand Omoi just beat another one in an embarrassingly sad fashion. Not very smart are they? These are supposedly legends, right?

Also, mate, I think I'd be releived, though, since given her teeth, when she said she liked you and wanted to eat you, I do NOT THINK that was in anyway innuendo. Dodged a kunai there, mate.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-03-24 at 08:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291

You're talking about the resurrected Swordsmen, right?

It's actually a plot point: None of Kabuto's Zombies want to be there and since he consciously left them with at least a little free-will instead of surpressing them completly, they're fighting back from the Inside.

(A couple of the ones who he's not puppetting directly actually make a point of telling the people fighting them their weaknesses)

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

You're talking about the resurrected Swordsmen, right?

It's actually a plot point: None of Kabuto's Zombies want to be there and since he consciously left them with at least a little free-will instead of surpressing them completly, they're fighting back from the Inside.

(A couple of the ones who he's not puppetting directly actually make a point of telling the people fighting them their weaknesses)
    Not the Swordmuppets, though, Zabuzu aside. Kakashi even called out the pair he and guy duffed up for basically getting their rocks off on killing people and enjoying every moment, without the slightest care who it was they were killing.

(I mean, these were the "slaughter your comrades to graduate guys," so the only surprising thing is that they are just so BAD at their jobs...)

Also, explodey-sword-guy's sword is the second stupidest sword I have ever seen. (And it's close heat between that and Tobitodara's banjo.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-03-24 at 09:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Also, explodey-sword-guy's sword is the second stupidest sword I have ever seen. (And it's close heat between that and Tobitodara's banjo.)
    the one that's just a self-replenishing scroll of Explosive Tags on a stick?

I'm legitimately confused as to how that actually counts as a sword or how you can use it without setting off all the tags at once and blowing yourself to smitherines when you hit the other guy with it.

It sounds like the kind of weapon that's only practical if you're already at a point where's you're both (practically) invincible and at a level of skill or power that's so much higher than everyone else that you can afford to just screw around and look cool instead of focussing 100% efficieny.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Bleakbane Catches Up With Naruto

Next six episodes ('cos still crap).

Mini-Arc, the uncharacteristically shortly-named Power. No idea what to expect here at all...

Well, that escalated fast...

Shippuden... Did... Did you just decide to randomly Do A Movie?

Because that was definitely a Naruto movie, in six parts.

The story centering really on Naruto plus Not The Main Cast, a straight-foward villain, gratuitous cameos for Everyone (i.e. Team 7/8/Guy/10), including guest-stars Hidumb and Deidumber, incomplete-Naruto-Most-Recent-Power-Up-Form... And a sky-beam. A fricking SKY-BEAM!

What the what?

I mean, it was a pretty GOOD Naruto movie - not the best, but t'weren't bad... Just... Left-field much?

And it peaked a bit too soon. The last couple of episodes were where it went a bit silly (though I was hilariously amused).

Ms guard-lady? I... think you may not be Good At Parent. The slap-the-kid was a bit harsh (speaking as someone not inherently against a single admonishing tap to be administered when absolutely necessary - never did me any harm, but that's about all we can say on these boards), but not unforgivable, but - leaving the five kids (one of whom is FOUR) unmonitored by ANYONE is... Wow.

And everyninja else? Seriously, not even HINATA thought "hey, maybe one of us should watch the kids or make sure someone does?" Really?

And now I feel sorry for Boruto...!

First hilarious thing. I counted. There were FOURTEEN fricking ninjas going to rescuse Naruto, plus guard-lady.

How the FRACK did the kids get there first? What, did Kakashi get them all lost on the road of life or something?

Nice as it was to see everyone, their contributions declined steadily into those last pairs of episode to the point of hilarity, especially in the final episode, where Teams Eight Guy and Ten, just vanished from the proceedings, and Sakura and Sai reached new levels of ineptitude. (And poor Hinata's role seemed to be "show and get punched inna face!")

Seriously, I was in hysterics and the point Naruto was doing all the heavy lifting and the two non-shinobi civies running off to save the world, and apparently at NO POINT did anyone think "yeah hey, how 'bout we send, I dunno, one or two or our surplus of ninjas sitting on their arses to, I dunno, help them!"

And at the point things go south, with the dynamic duo about to fall to thir deaths, that Sai remembers NOW he needs healing... And thus Sai and Sakura fail to stop the five kids running off towards a long-suffering-Naruto's uncontrolled Kyuubi rage.

You had ONE JOB, Sai and Sakura, ONE JOB!

(I was howling with laughter at this point.)

No, true to form, the four-year-old girl has to do Yamato and Kakashi's job for them calming Naruto down, so NARUTO (who has been everyone's punching bag this movie - I mean he even got a nut-shot!) otherwise known as The Only One Aside From Kakashi Maybe Who Is Actually Been Doing Anything For The Last Episode And a Half can save the day!

Priceless.

It also never did explain what that thing was, but the implication to me that i was some sort of alien device. (It looked WAY too advanced - it had a SCREEN for frack's sake - to be just arbitarily advanced ancient technology.) So, apparently the Scrin have been the Elemental Nations...

Well, that was an amusing diversion. It's a pity it didn't keep up the pace of the first two-thirds (episodes three and four were great and I was especially thinking "more please!"), but it was still amusing, even if a bit in spite of itself. I could stand to have some more totally-not-a-movie arcs like this.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-03-25 at 09:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

There is something genuienly wrong, structurally, with Boruto the series.

"Using those drones to do sneak attacks from above, that's not very ninja like at all!" you ****ING **** KNOCKER IT'S EXPLICITLY NINJA-Y. The fact that the series takes what Bort here says 100% seriously shows that there is something fundementally broken with this series that it will never recover from.

Also: hey an answer to the question we were talking about right there. It cannot copy complex machinery. Cannot make the science tools with shadow clone technique. Just straight up said so.

My complaints aside the twist of how Bort wins this fight was actually really well forshadowed and hinted at. The first "clone" that Aoi hits doesn't poof and just falls into the rubble, it was really well executed. I think Boruto's prooobably earned the right for me to call him by his name correctly. And we end it by meeting our villain, Koji and his GIGANTIC STEAM PUNK TOAD ROBOT SUMMON. Boruto, for all it's flaws, will probably always have really funny **** in it.

26. - Top - End - #296

Zodi? A reminder that when Naruto says Ninja they actually mean "Kung-Fu Wizards who engage in Mercenary Work" rather than the traditional "peasant what murders people for money via a combination of stealth, illicit;y learned martial arts, and nobody taking them seriously because they're simply day laborers and/or prostitutes."

These ninjas are soldiers in international wars, often times fought in the open, and tend to fight each other directly instead of sneaking around and killing each other when their guard is down.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Zodi? A reminder that when Naruto says Ninja they actually mean "Kung-Fu Wizards who engage in Mercenary Work" rather than the traditional "peasant what murders people for money via a combination of stealth, illicit;y learned martial arts, and nobody taking them seriously because they're simply day laborers and/or prostitutes."

These ninjas are soldiers in international wars, often times fought in the open, and tend to fight each other directly instead of sneaking around and killing each other when their guard is down.
    LaZodiac's point stands. That is both a ridiculous and downright dangerous attitude for a combatant to have, period. They aren't Klingons, they aren't samurai (and hell, even KLINGONS appreciate sneak attacks); if Boruto is getting bent out of shape and someone not fighting by the rules where they all stand neatly in a line for him to punch them (or Byankurasenshurikenpalm or whatever it he does, I don't know!) then he's being a larger, naive idiot than Naruto frequently was; on a par with the British colonial army of the 18th/19th century if we want to see how well that Stupid pans out if not dealt with.

From what I gather, I bet Himawari wouldn't think that, she sounds like Flurry Heart in ninja form.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-03-27 at 10:25 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298

I do get that, and later on Koji is like "ah, so you used ninjutsu. Was it instinct, or did you want your final moments to mark you as a shinobi?" so I really do get it. Ninja in this universe are magic warriors with a slight stealth bent to them since they're also used for infiltration.

BE THAT AS IT MAY, what the **** part of ANY of that has to do with "you're using drones to drob chakra bombs on me from above, that's not ninja-y at all!" when IN THE SAME CHAPTER Boruto throws HIMSELF at Ao, pretending to be a shadow clone, so he can perform A SNEAK ATTACK that if he was a little bit more malicious about doing a murder, would of killed Ao OUTRIGHT, slicing him in half with his lightsaber.

It's VERY SILLY and an indication that something is genuinely wrong with this series understanding of words and what they mean.

29. - Top - End - #299

I'm just saying, Naruto Ninjas who use sneak attacks in combat are usually cited out as being unusual and are either especially dangerous or complete chumps with no middle gorund.

For the most part, we usually only see face to face combat out in the open.

So "Open face to face combat" is what's traditional "Ninja" in this world, and thus remote sneak attacks from aerial drones are not, in fact, Ninja-y in setting.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #300

I'm just saying, Naruto Ninjas who use sneak attacks in combat are usually cited out as being unusual and are either especially dangerous or complete chumps with no middle gorund.

For the most part, we usually only see face to face combat out in the open.

So "Open face to face combat" is what's traditional "Ninja" in this world, and thus remote sneak attacks from aerial drones are not, in fact, Ninja-y in setting.
    Honestly thinking back to what Koji said, I think it's more that he was using the drones and not that it was a sneak attack that was the concern. If he had set up like, paper tags, it would be less bad. But since it's just floating cyberdiscs it's "less ninja" than it could be. Since the divide seems to be between "natural fighters with magic" and "cyborgs with tech".

Either way it's all very silly, still. Also, over under on Koji's steam toad being a reconstruction of Jiraiya's toad friend who died with him which means Jiraiya'll be back as a cyborg thing? I say: slightly likely.