New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Bleakbane Catches Up With Naruto

Four Tails, the King of Sage Monkeys

Ha! Guy and Kakashi being awesome... While Naruto gets eaten by the giant monkey.

Whose name is Son Goku.

Yeah.

So. I know the mythology and all, but right now, all I think of is DBZA!Goku being the monkey king.

"Oh, hi, there! Could you help me out? I'm kinda tied up by that Madara guy! He's pretty strong, you know, and I wanna fight him! But it's been so long since second dinner and I've been here forever! Chichi's gonna be so mad!"

Nine Tails and Kurama

So, a pair of basically flashback episodes, though from Niney's point of view. Which... actually... Made it not so bad. It being mostly pivotal action sequences, not sad Saskue-angst helped.

And hey Niney, maybe if you weren't such an abject [Richard] to everyone all the time, they might be inclined to be nicer to you. Two way street and all, buddy.

Also, apparently it's pronounced Ku-rama. And all this time, I've been pronouncing it as Kur-ama. You summat new every day.

And, to be fair it's important, because it's showing Niney cracking (as he was ever going to) after sixteen years exposure at can't-be-close-range to every Talk no Jutsu Naruto's ever released AND after getting his arse kicked...

Pahahahahahahaha! And there we go, Naruto makes monkey king vomit him up with shadow clone, and then leaves himself inside (or maybe a clone, its not clear which) to push the chakra rod out from the inside and outside! Fracking priceless, mate, priceless!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Four Tails, the King of Sage Monkeys

Ha! Guy and Kakashi being awesome... While Naruto gets eaten by the giant monkey.

Whose name is Son Goku.

Yeah.

So. I know the mythology and all, but right now, all I think of is DBZA!Goku being the monkey king.

"Oh, hi, there! Could you help me out? I'm kinda tied up by that Madara guy! He's pretty strong, you know, and I wanna fight him! But it's been so long since second dinner and I've been here forever! Chichi's gonna be so mad!"

Nine Tails and Kurama

So, a pair of basically flashback episodes, though from Niney's point of view. Which... actually... Made it not so bad. It being mostly pivotal action sequences, not sad Saskue-angst helped.

And hey Niney, maybe if you weren't such an abject [Richard] to everyone all the time, they might be inclined to be nicer to you. Two way street and all, buddy.

Also, apparently it's pronounced Ku-rama. And all this time, I've been pronouncing it as Kur-ama. You summat new every day.

And, to be fair it's important, because it's showing Niney cracking (as he was ever going to) after sixteen years exposure at can't-be-close-range to every Talk no Jutsu Naruto's ever released AND after getting his arse kicked...

Pahahahahahahaha! And there we go, Naruto makes monkey king vomit him up with shadow clone, and then leaves himself inside (or maybe a clone, its not clear which) to push the chakra rod out from the inside and outside! Fracking priceless, mate, priceless!
    As far as I can tell, all of the Tailed Beasts' names are referances to an east-asian Mythology, an Anime, or both--the Dolphin Horse, for example, is named after Kenshirou's horse in Fist of The North Star.

Son Goku is one of the ones who's both--While he draws most strongly from Sun wukong, he is an animal described as an Ape despite having tails, just like a Saiyan's Great Ape form, and his most recent host was named Roshi.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    his most recent host was named Roshi.
    Wow, I really missed that one. And now that I think about it, Goku being the four-tails might be a reference to the four-star dragon ball, which Goku inherited from his grandfather and made a special point of seeking out even when he didn't have a wish to make.

Nine-tails being named Kurama is a reference to the anime Yu Yu Hakusho, as I recall. I don't know the rest offhand.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2018-04-20 at 09:29 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Wow, I really missed that one. And now that I think about it, Goku being the four-tails might be a reference to the four-star dragon ball, which Goku inherited from his grandfather and made a special point of seeking out even when he didn't have a wish to make.

Nine-tails being named Kurama is a reference to the anime Yu Yu Hakusho, as I recall. I don't know the rest offhand.
    I know that Shukaku(drunk) refers to legends about drunken tanuki being trapped in teapots(Shukaku was kept in a giant teapot when not sealed i a host) as well as stories of tanuki posing as priests(Shukaku's first host was a priest who was so conflated with Shukaku that he was thouht to be one and the same--Shukaku is even stated to have beena human priest who became a demon early on

Gyuki's name is another name for the Ogre-Ox(A Youkai with the forequarters of an ox and the hindquarters of either a spider or an octopus,) so he's basically a Dog named Dog.

Matatabi is the japanese name for a plant that is used both in tradiitional medicine in China and japan as well as being super-catnip.

Chomei is the term for principal vidya, or principal knowledge, whicch is a concept in hinduism and it's related religions.

Saiken literally means "Rhinocerous Dog" and refers to a type of Youkai.

Isobu is derived from Isonade, a sea monnster with a hooked tail(and the Mizukage who Isobu was sealed in wielded a hooked staff)

Kokuo is derived from the legedary Chinese King Zhōu Mù Wáng(removing the first character the King's name is wqritten with and pronounce the characters the Japanese way and you get Kokuo)and is also the name of Roa and later Kenshirou's horse in Fist of the North Star.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Two-Man Team

Pahahahahahahahahaha! Naruto just completely creamed five tailed beast simultaneously!

And now an intertide from the new BBC documentary Talking With Beasts...

Oh my Lichemaster. Are... Are... Shippuuden, are you trying to do make niney sympathetic? Oh my Lichemaster, you are! Lookit the poor widdly nine-tails, oh my Lichemaster he looks like a sad vulpix! Bahahahahahahaha! This is as bad as that puppy and kid being thrown in the water in the wave arc! (Oh, that was a long-distance callback!)

Okay, so now bro-fisting everyone is a thing...

Haha! Kakashu is talking out the spring time of youth! Ahahahaha!

The Promise of Victory

Ooooookaaaaay. And now we present Random Chibi Biju and Jinchuriki Song in Japanese That We didn't Subtitle or Dub.

Yes. Um, thanks for that Shippuden. And thank frack that isn't the new intro...

And moving on, it's a "catch up with everyone else episode!"

Inochi nearly melts his brain with "go everyone" speech...

Then the actually genuinely awesome sequence of all Naruto's mates thinking about how they are rushing to his rescue (oh they're gonna get creamed this is so tragic) starting with hinata and ending with Sakura, and combined with the music, this was a real laugh out loud with excitement, Will of Fire beeyatch! moment...

And it is immediately ruined by Sasuke appearing and dragging all the fun out of it. Way to kill the good vibes, guys.

Eyes That See in the Dark

Yawn. Sasuke-side episode, while we check in on Team Taka. Suigetsu may hate all of them, but not nearly as much as I do. Yawn.

Konohamuru. You are, like, the same age as the Rookies were when they left the academy, you're actual genin now - you even beat one of the paths of Pain - how the merry hell are you guys so lame and immature? Hell, team SEVEN was not as silly as you and we all know how well they turned out. Did the writers just forget about the start of the show...?

And Karin is nuts but maybe not quite as nuts as I thought...

Huh. I only JUST realised Sasuke's perfect team is a sort of erstaz Team Seven, with Crazy!Fangirl, Unhinged Orange Person With Strange Feral Power and Laid-back Whitehaired Guy. Does... Does Sasuke even realise that is what he's done?

Still, at least this was mostly about Suigetsu, who is the least terrible of the four, and we get to see flashbacls of Saskue getting punched, and that's always fun.

And again, we end with Sasuke, who is completely and utterly bonkers at this point.

*sigh*

You ruin everything Sasuke.

Oh, well, looks like next episode, I actually get to SEE Madara and the Kages face off. 'Bout freakin' time!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-04-22 at 09:10 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366

As it turns out bro fist is the solution to all the world's problem.

I appreciate that the Naruto universe was saved by the Wu Tang Clan.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    As it turns out bro fist is the solution to all the world's problem.

I appreciate that the Naruto universe was saved by the Wu Tang Clan.
    The bro fist is the dialectical. Thesis, Anti-Thesis, Synthesis.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

you can pass to days boruto episode as we are re threading the movie plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Next four:

A Will of Stone

Okay, finally, some Kage on Madara action!

No, wait, that sound so very wrong...

Aaaand they're getting their arses kicked.

Until Onoki pulls it together and Partcle Style the [expleteive] out of Madara!

Who Hashriama inside him!

Well.

Crap.

Again.

Hey, Itachi! This could get interest-

-Saskue.

Bollocks.

Well, guess this IS important, with Saskue wanting answers - one way or another.

Back to Madara.

Did... Did he just push the "weak woman" button?

On... TSUNADE?

Oh, this gonna be GOOD!

The Risks of the Reanimation Jutsu

And... a repeat of that little song about the biju. Of which I understand, like, nine words - the names - just barely. Um, thank you shippuden...?

Haha, yeah, Kick his arse Tsunade!

Oh. Wood clone. Oh snap. Susanoo through the internal organs. Well. [Expletive].

Itachi finds Kabuto - with Saskue not far behind. And Kabuto... You know, for a spy, he sure does talk a lot. I mean, like A LOT.

Back to Tsunade who just bust out, heals and points out Madara should stop being smug, since they actually made him use a wood clone.

To which Madara's abrupt lack of smug, smirking answer says it all. Followed by a comment he's outnumbered (which Mei calls bollocks on, I mean, REALLY) and in a fit of pique that everyone is not letting him hae his own way all the time, more Wood Madaras.

And his smug is back. (Now that he's got lots of clone between him and the enemy; ya, y'aint foolin' me, mate, your quietly brickin' yourself just a little bit.)

Kabuto, meanwhile, is busy completely misreading the situation and overplaying himself. To my complete lack of surprise Saskue does not help him fight Itachi.

Huh.

Saskue and Itachi ganging up on Kabuto. I am surprisingly okay with this.

No, more than that, this is actually several kids of awesome.

Thank you, Shippuden. Thank you for a rare experience I have not had for a long time - actually being on Saskue's side and rooting for him.

And it occurred to me why.

This past couple of episodes, Saskue has REACTED to stuff. Outside of his usual "I'm too cool" attitude. He's acting actually nearly human (which is not normally a compliment from me, but normally he's below even that low bar!) He's very nearly almost being Saskue-Chunin-Exams, where he WAS actually pretty cool.

'S gonna be a short fight.

Hooray, boring Naruto-walks-down-the-beach end titles replaced with...

*sigh*

...boring Saskue-is-Sad end titles.

Dang it.

Sibling Tag Team

Okay.

Kabuto. Bad At Necromancy... Buuuut apparently Good At Sage. Well, again, snap.

It is NOT going to be a short fight.

Yeah, this IS several kinds of awesome, though.

"How can you work together?" smirks Kabuto, and then Itachi and Saskue proceed to Flashback-Incident strategy copy and it is awesome. (Not sure how useful cutting off one of Kabuto's new horns is, but go on.)

Meanwhole Onoki comes up with the terrible good idea to turn five five-to-one battles into a twenty-to-five one. I mean, you were thinking otherwise, guys and girls? Nevermind, just go with it and-

-did they serious all just leap to attack indvidually after Onoki JUST said that?

*skulldesk*

To Each Their Own Leaf

And, OF COURSE the Sharingarn has another HAX power (and this one sounds even more broken than the last lot...)

Well, it was heavily implied by discussion and fanfic, but I guess here we are, to paraphase a man with a magic gun (where'd he purchase that?) Time 4 Backstory for Kabuto.

Yeah, guys, we established this, no amount of "he's bin 'ard done to" excuses him; that crap didn't fly with Pain it sure as excrement don't fly with freaking KABUTO!

Whelp, that brings me to the end of DVD volume 26 and the end of my current lot. So, you will be given a merciful reprieve for a few weeks, until Volume 32, I think, is out, and I will get the next batch. So you can be sitting dreading that for a while!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-04-25 at 07:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370

No see Kabuto got put into an endless mind control jutsu that forces him through the same repeated events over and over again until he's redeemed and become a super good and pure person without any evil in them.

We're the good guys.

11. - Top - End - #371

No see Kabuto got put into an endless mind control jutsu that forces him through the same repeated events over and over again until he's redeemed and become a super good and pure person without any evil in them.

We're the good guys.
    To be fair, trapping someone in a time loop until they get over their issues and become a better person us both a time tested trope(basically how Groundhog Day ended,) and is actually a lot more realistic than most quicky face-turns.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    To be fair, trapping someone in a time loop until they get over their issues and become a better person us both a time tested trope(basically how Groundhog Day ended,) and is actually a lot more realistic than most quicky face-turns.
    It's also mind rape-y as hell and also it's KABUTO, who doesn't really deserve this at ALL. Meanwhile Orochimaru, who is a directly awful person, doesn't have to get...any of that torture put on him.

13. - Top - End - #373

It's also mind rape-y as hell and also it's KABUTO, who doesn't really deserve this at ALL. Meanwhile Orochimaru, who is a directly awful person, doesn't have to get...any of that torture put on him.
    With Orochimaru... I don't think he actually made a face/turn so much as his priorities changed ad he knows that he's nowhere near the top of the totem pole anymore.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Why doesn't Kabuto deseve a horrible punishment? His tragic back-story doesn't give him a free pass from the evil deeds he's committed, ie: necromancy in the name of world domination(or is it world submission? Not sure what the World's Eye plan would be considered). I'd say Mass Murderer, but all Ninja's are that. Illegal human experimentation(both under Orochimaru and by himself), terrorism and a host of other crimes against humanity in general. Kabuto is NOT a good guy pre-mindrape by any measuring stick, and is quite definitely evil. Psychopathic and world domination bent evil. Honestly, mind-rape torture that causes him to become good/altruistic is probably the least bad thing he deserves.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2018-04-26 at 10:39 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Why doesn't Kabuto deseve a horrible punishment? His tragic back-story doesn't give him a free pass from the evil deeds he's committed, ie: necromancy in the name of world domination(or is it world submission? Not sure what the World's Eye plan would be considered). I'd say Mass Murderer, but all Ninja's are that. Illegal human experimentation(both under Orochimaru and by himself), terrorism and a host of other crimes against humanity in general. Kabuto is NOT a good guy pre-mindrape by any measuring stick, and is quite definitely evil. Psychopathic and world domination bent evil. Honestly, mind-rape torture that causes him to become good/altruistic is probably the least bad thing he deserves.
    Misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm saying Kabuto probably doesn't deserve to get redeemed. He shouldn't of gotten a heel face turn, regardless of the fact that said heel face turn was enforced upon him in an incredibly evil way.

16. - Top - End - #376

Misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm saying Kabuto probably doesn't deserve to get redeemed. He shouldn't of gotten a heel face turn, regardless of the fact that said heel face turn was enforced upon him in an incredibly evil way.
    Neither does virtually anyone else in the series who gets redeemed. I mean take neji as an example. Dude tried to MURDER HIS COUSIN. Not because she did him dirty, treated him like the slave he is, etc. But because as a three year old she couldnt defeat the jounin sent to kidnap her which ended up causing his dad to die. He was a massive jerk, a twisted piece of garbage, but hey, he got his butt kicked by naruto till he realized the error of his ways so he is great now! "No hard feelings about the attempted murder, right hinata?"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Neither does virtually anyone else in the series who gets redeemed. I mean take neji as an example. Dude tried to MURDER HIS COUSIN. Not because she did him dirty, treated him like the slave he is, etc. But because as a three year old she couldnt defeat the jounin sent to kidnap her which ended up causing his dad to die. He was a massive jerk, a twisted piece of garbage, but hey, he got his butt kicked by naruto till he realized the error of his ways so he is great now! "No hard feelings about the attempted murder, right hinata?"
    and now I'm picturing a Naruto world where the redemption only lasts as long as Naruto is alive and everyone has just never forgiven each other, so when he goes everything just falls apart because everyone has holding back their negative feelings for Naruto's sake so when he is dead they have no reason to do it anymore, so of course Hinata kills a Neji that was lived through 4th ninja war, various Leaf members kill Sasuke for being a traitorous jerk, Orochimaru and Kabuto die from assassination, somebody kills Gaara for killing those ninja in the Forest of Death, and so on causing a lot of chaos and destruction as a result....and leaving Boruto to clean up his father's mess.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #378

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    and now I'm picturing a Naruto world where the redemption only lasts as long as Naruto is alive and everyone has just never forgiven each other, so when he goes everything just falls apart because everyone has holding back their negative feelings for Naruto's sake so when he is dead they have no reason to do it anymore, so of course Hinata kills a Neji that was lived through 4th ninja war, various Leaf members kill Sasuke for being a traitorous jerk, Orochimaru and Kabuto die from assassination, somebody kills Gaara for killing those ninja in the Forest of Death, and so on causing a lot of chaos and destruction as a result....and leaving Boruto to clean up his father's mess.
    I was picturing more "Dude, we can do whatever we want, destroy entire nations, rape torture and kill whoever we like, then when the heat gets bad, challenge naruto to a fight, lose and claim we are all better now! No jail, just heal the bruises!"

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

I was picturing more "Dude, we can do whatever we want, destroy entire nations, rape torture and kill whoever we like, then when the heat gets bad, challenge naruto to a fight, lose and claim we are all better now! No jail, just heal the bruises!"
    Not mutually exclusive: Naruto because of regeneration, ages faster, slows down faster than most as he ages, and thus eventually loses and the person trying to pull that gambit accidentally kills Naruto and everyone sets out to avenge Naruto and he is like "NOT AS PLANNED!"

20. - Top - End - #380

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Not mutually exclusive: Naruto because of regeneration, ages faster, slows down faster than most as he ages, and thus eventually loses and the person trying to pull that gambit accidentally kills Naruto and everyone sets out to avenge Naruto and he is like "NOT AS PLANNED!"
    "Quick, try to leverage our victory into scaring everyone away from fighting us!" "Hey! We killed NARUTO! The most dangerous powerful ninja that ever ninjaed! Dont mess with us while we ever so casually RUN FOR THE DOOR!!!!"

21. - Top - End - #381

That's way different, that's a 12 year old kid who's living under the intense pressures of a ****ing stupid branch house family obligation where Neiji, who is superior to Hinata, was told up and down constantly by everyone in power above him that he is obligated to die for her, like his Dad did for his brother. Neiji's redemption is legit and makes sense, it takes him years to actually become a decent person and he apologies to Hinata, and then actually fulfills the duty that was hoisted on him with a smile. That's DIFFERENT than "Orochimaru was pardoned from all crimes because lol". ENTIRELY.

22. - Top - End - #382

That's way different, that's a 12 year old kid who's living under the intense pressures of a ****ing stupid branch house family obligation where Neiji, who is superior to Hinata, was told up and down constantly by everyone in power above him that he is obligated to die for her, like his Dad did for his brother. Neiji's redemption is legit and makes sense, it takes him years to actually become a decent person and he apologies to Hinata, and then actually fulfills the duty that was hoisted on him with a smile. That's DIFFERENT than "Orochimaru was pardoned from all crimes because lol". ENTIRELY.
    Well yeah, one is redemption, the other is absolution. It still doesnt change the fact that he spent all his early life tormenting the heck out of hinata in whatever way he could get away with, then took his best shot at crippling or killing her the first chance he got to do so without being stopped. All over blaming a toddler for not being strong enough to protect herself. He only got better due to a combo of therapy no jutsu and "Yo, here is the letter that explains everything I was too guilty to give you, thus dooming my child to your constant hate scorn and murder attempts while you also suffered" But it doesnt change what he did any more than kabuto going through his own therapy no jutsu is retroactively not guilty of horrible crimes himself. My point is that there are a lot of terrible people in naruto who get redeemed in the end. Yeah a lot of them have sympathetic backstories, but that doesnt change the crimes they committed. Kabuto is just one of a half dozen or so I ca name off the top of my head.

23. - Top - End - #383

Well yeah, one is redemption, the other is absolution. It still doesnt change the fact that he spent all his early life tormenting the heck out of hinata in whatever way he could get away with, then took his best shot at crippling or killing her the first chance he got to do so without being stopped. All over blaming a toddler for not being strong enough to protect herself. He only got better due to a combo of therapy no jutsu and "Yo, here is the letter that explains everything I was too guilty to give you, thus dooming my child to your constant hate scorn and murder attempts while you also suffered" But it doesnt change what he did any more than kabuto going through his own therapy no jutsu is retroactively not guilty of horrible crimes himself. My point is that there are a lot of terrible people in naruto who get redeemed in the end. Yeah a lot of them have sympathetic backstories, but that doesnt change the crimes they committed. Kabuto is just one of a half dozen or so I ca name off the top of my head.
    Yeah, but of those Neiji and Gaara (and his siblings for that matter) get redeemed as kids, after some actual EFFORT AND WORK went in to earning it. There's actual striving to be better than what they used to be, a note of "I realize I ****ed up and am trying to make up for it" in them.

Kabuto just gets a free pass. Orochimaru as well. Obito too, really, but I'm conflicted on if that's better or worse than Orochimaru.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

"Quick, try to leverage our victory into scaring everyone away from fighting us!" "Hey! We killed NARUTO! The most dangerous powerful ninja that ever ninjaed! Dont mess with us while we ever so casually RUN FOR THE DOOR!!!!"
    And then Boruto comes and was like "surprise, I surpassed my father, and now I'm going to mercilessly kill all the evil people in the land because I want protect my precious people while standing out from my father."
    He then slaughters a bunch of criminals, claims he doesn't want to be Hokage......because he wants to be SHOGUN! and thus conquers and unites all the shinobi nations into one Boruto Shogunate through bloody conquest with him as emperor, and gives the Kote to everyone so that EVERYONE has ninjutsu arts now and so war becomes rare because if you start something, everyone around has a Kote and can fire any jutsu possible at you to stop you. and thus peace finally reigns throughout the land.

25. - Top - End - #385

Yeah, but of those Neiji and Gaara (and his siblings for that matter) get redeemed as kids, after some actual EFFORT AND WORK went in to earning it. There's actual striving to be better than what they used to be, a note of "I realize I ****ed up and am trying to make up for it" in them.

Kabuto just gets a free pass. Orochimaru as well. Obito too, really, but I'm conflicted on if that's better or worse than Orochimaru.
    Orochimaru getting his freedom is pretty flat out nuts, but I think that was a combo of things. Mainly his actions during this war, combined with the knowledge everyone has that, yeah, if we want him dead, its going to be really tough because he isnt madera, He wont charge face first at your army and expect to win, he will run away and live to sneak attack another day. He is really really absurdly good at that. He should summon giant cockroaches, not snakes. So its probably a combo of that and "Look, you really helped us out in various ways, so dont give us another reason to kill you, and we wont expend the stupid amount of effort pinning you down and being certain you are dead would require. Which if it didnt work, would mean we have you back as an immortal enemy... AGAIN" As for kabuto, the only reason that is even remotely acceptable is how the jutsu works. He has to really truly deeply and meaningfully regret his actions and want to atone, there is no fooling it. And considering what happens with sasuke, it probably would feel more than a little hypocritical to punish kabuto at that point.

26. - Top - End - #386

Sasuke being redeemed is also something I feel is really really stupid, for it's own reasons.

Also god what DID Orochimaru do during the war, exactly? I'm not questioning you, just trying to remember. Cause all I recall him actually, actively doing was necromantizing the four Hokages. All in an attempt to teach Sasuke how to be a good guy. Which he proceeded to ignore entirely. They did help out with the war effort that aside, but that feels like it wasn't 100% his goal (since Orochimaru himself states that all he really cares about is seeing how things'll change, he is only on the hero side because he finds the new generation more interesting).

27. - Top - End - #387

Sasuke being redeemed is also something I feel is really really stupid, for it's own reasons.

Also god what DID Orochimaru do during the war, exactly? I'm not questioning you, just trying to remember. Cause all I recall him actually, actively doing was necromantizing the four Hokages. All in an attempt to teach Sasuke how to be a good guy. Which he proceeded to ignore entirely. They did help out with the war effort that aside, but that feels like it wasn't 100% his goal (since Orochimaru himself states that all he really cares about is seeing how things'll change, he is only on the hero side because he finds the new generation more interesting).
    He did save Tsunade's life, and, IIRC, the other Kages' as well.

Also, Sasuke didn't ignore the "be a better person" lesson so much as he just interpreted it in a way that only makes sense when you're crazy,and if it wasn't for Orochimaru brinigng back the Kages, Naruto would have died so he's indirectly responsible for saving the world.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #388

Well for one thing
    Spoiler
    Show
    he put tsunade back together again, which meant the other kage could get healed after the royal butt whupping they got from madera and while he may not have revived the previous hokage for that reason, they were a rather large help against madara and obito.
    And again, trying to kill him would likely have gone badly and just created yet another immortal enemy for them to deal with down the line. His entire skillset revolves around never being killed. No, not even then. So probably best to give him an amnesty for deeds done during the war, and keep a close eye on him rather than outright try to kill him and probably fail. He may not be a madera level threat, but the dude is a serious pain.

29. - Top - End - #389

Right, Orochimaru stitched them back together. Tsundade's slugs held them together but it wasn't until Dr Orochimaru came in to actually help that they didn't die. Forgot that.

30. - Top - End - #390

New Boruto time!
    Spoiler
    Show

Kishin fights them, paralyzing everyone, but Konahamaru is smart and has an anti sealing thing on him that he can activate to get out of seals. Smart one, kid! Then he gets set on fire, after Kishin shows HE can use a rasengan as well. But his Rasengan has weird swirls inside of it. Konohamaru might die, but then Boruto uses the Karma mark on his palm to suck up all the chakra and pass out, briefly getting that sort of devil-y look. Kishin decides to leave them, since he "saw something interesting today".

Then we end with meeting another passed out Karma owner, who I think looks like the dude from chapter 1 maybe? Interesting...I bet he was the "cargo".