New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

If we're talking about people who didn't earn their redemption, can I get a uuuuh Sasuke.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    If we're talking about people who didn't earn their redemption, can I get a uuuuh Sasuke.
    You forgot Orochimaru and Kabuto while your at it.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    What makes Obito a terrible villain is as soon as he took the mask off, he stopped being entertaining. Now he's just a whiney little [expletive] that we've seen in other things a thousand times before, only with additional plot armour.
    We are in agreement then, Madara is just far more fun (you said something similar Obito is not entertaining, Madara is.) Being a good villain is not the same thing as being an entertaining villain. Something has to be entertaining in the story but it is not necessary the villain.

Also you have more story to influence your opinion. You have what? Roughly 50 chapters aka a year of manga left (even though you are watching the anime and thus have a 100+ episodes due to filler and slower pacing.)
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #514

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Poor Scar, I don't think he deserves that comparsion...!
    As someone who wants Scar's Nobody to be part of True Organization XIII in Kingdom Hearts III so that I can kick his ass a third time...

He kind of does.

Scar was a bitter, narcissistic brat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    You forgot Orochimaru and Kabuto while you're at it.
    Kabuto was literally trapped in a looping dream-state that he could only escape from by getting his crap together and becoming a better person.

Narratively, maybe, he didn't earn it, but Kabuto made himself as close to immortal as one can get from purely biological means and had become a "dragon" by mastering Sage Mode.

Chances are, he probably wouldn't have just dropped dead, so the second Itachi put him in the illusion it became inevitable that Kabuto would become a better person.

honestly, the only problem with it, really, is that he got out when it was narratively convenient.

And it's my Understanding that Orochimaru is less redeemed and more "Okay, since you helped save the world we'll let you go but we've got our eyes on you and if you do something too creepy we'll kick your ass" and he agreed becuase he's not stupid and knows that he's basically an ant compared to Naruto and Sasuke.

They could tie him to a pole by his tongue and use him as a tetherball and he physically could not stop them from doing it.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #515

You forgot Orochimaru and Kabuto while your at it.
    Sasuke is more egregious since he tried to kill all the ninja presidents after the entire world was saved and all he and Naruto had to do was hold hands. Orochimaru started as a bad guy, his redemption is bad but not as bad as Sasuke's.

6. - Top - End - #516

Sasuke is more egregious since he tried to kill all the ninja presidents after the entire world was saved and all he and Naruto had to do was hold hands. Orochimaru started as a bad guy, his redemption is bad but not as bad as Sasuke's.
    To be fair, Sasuke himself agrees with you.

Remember, he basically called Bullcrap on himself getting off scot-free and spent a couple of years wondering the elemental nations doing good deeds to repent.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

Well...
    Spoiler: Spoilers so that Aotr won't see this
    Show

Kaguya is just completely unnecessary and unconnected to the conflict that has been built up and talked about for years, the whole reincarnation thing was completely last second, Madara should've been the final boss, and a freaking world tree is stupid, its the most cliche and stupid thing ever.

and we definitely shouldn't be defining and defending a genre by its worst aspects. thats a slanted dishonest way of putting it. we can criticize a genre's worst points and still like it, its not this black and white thing where one either hates the whole thing or likes the whole thing, the whole point of pointing how stupid is, is to improve it. there is a difference between expanding the tricks of a thing in a thematic manner and just pulling something out of nowhere with no foreshadowing whatsoever.

because really "if you don't like this part of X, you shouldn't be watching it, because that DEFINES it" is a toxic attitude, because you can say that for anything. you can use that to justify shoving anyone out of any show, or genre or piece of media. so no, I'm not leaving, your argument is invalid and toxic, because its about allowing negative stuff to win for sake of "definition". screw that.
    First off, I didn't ask you to leave. Not sure where the hell that came from, but you need to stop making crap up to try to make the other person you're talking to look bad. Secondly, the Shonen genre is ALL about pulling stuff out of nowhere at the last moment to get the advantage. It always has been. It's what makes the genre fun to watch. "Oh no, the bad guy is winning, we're almost at death's door". "NO, wait! I CANNOT LOSE HERE, NOT NOW!! SUPER OMEGA ULTRA AWESOME POWER UP COME FORTH". Trying to remove that from the genre, would turn it into a different genre. It's not "a part of it", it IS IT. You can't have one, without the other.

And nothing about my argument was toxic, I wasn't yelling at you, or berating you. I didn't even criticize you really, I just said I didn't understand your attitude towards not liking the pulling power-ups/moves out of nowhere bit, when that is literally Shonen. Just wanted an explanation as to why you felt that way. But hey, congrats on escalating things needlessly, yeah?

And please note, that I did say that there were PLENTY of things you could criticize Naruto for, and yes, the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rabbit Goddess
    is one of them. That is poor story telling at it's best, and has nothing to do with pulling new moves/power-ups out of nowhere, which is what I was personally defending. There is a difference between a new antagonist coming out of nowhere(which is not specific to the Shonen genre at all(hello, more than half of every FF game ever), and pulling new moves/power-ups out of nowhere(which is all shonen is).

TL;DR: Don't put words into peoples mouth/make crap up out of thin air just to try to invalidate another persons opinion. I'd personally say your response to my post was 100x more toxic and rude than my initial post was. I could understand your response if I was like "Your opinion is stupid, get out of here you scrub, random power-ups rule!!!1!!". Instead, I literally just said "I don't understand your opinion, and here is why".
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2018-10-15 at 09:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #518

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    To be fair, Sasuke himself agrees with you.

Remember, he basically called Bullcrap on himself getting off scot-free and spent a couple of years wondering the elemental nations doing good deeds to repent.
    Sasuke may be being a better person when it comes to Boruto, but I really could not care less about what Sasuke feels is the correct punishment for himself, given all he REALLY did was not be part of his daughter's life for 12 years and then try to kill her.

9. - Top - End - #519

Sasuke may be being a better person when it comes to Boruto, but I really could not care less about what Sasuke feels is the correct punishment for himself, given all he REALLY did was not be part of his daughter's life for 12 years and then try to kill her.
    It's not like Sasuke hit it and quit it. He wasn't around for Sarada becuase he had a 12-year long mission in a place where he didn't have a means of charging a cellphone.

IT's a military village, and he works for it in a military capacity. That kind of thing happens.

Honestly, blame Naruto for assigning Sasuke the 12-year mission instead of giving it to somebody who didn't have a wife/girlfriend with a bun in the oven.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-10-15 at 10:14 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

It's not like Sasuke hit it and quit it. He wasn't around for Sarada becuase he had a 12-year long mission in a place where he didn't have a means of charging a cellphone.

IT's a military village, and he works for it in a military capacity. That kind of thing happens.

Honestly, blame Naruto for assigning Sasuke the 12-year mission instead of giving it to somebody who didn't have a wife/girlfriend with a bun in the oven.
    Forgive my (Possible) ignorance, but didn't Sasuke ask for that 12 year mission as a form of repentance? Or am I just nuts? Could have sworn I read that in the comic at some point.

11. - Top - End - #521

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Forgive my (Possible) ignorance, but didn't Sasuke ask for that 12 year mission as a form of repentance? Or am I just nuts? Could have sworn I read that in the comic at some point.
    Sasuke wondering the Earth doing good deeds as a means of repentance is a separate thing from the 12-year mission.

Sasuke had returned to the village before Sarada was conceived(If Sasuke had impregnated Sakura before leaving in the last chapter of Naruto, Sarada would be several years older than Boruto.)

In Naruto: The Last, it's implied that Sasuke was the person taking the pictures at Naruto and Hinata's wedding at the end.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Sasuke wondering the Earth doing good deeds as a means of repentance is a separate thing from the 12-year mission.

Sasuke had returned to the village before Sarada was conceived(If Sasuke had impregnated Sakura before leaving in the last chapter of Naruto, Sarada would be several years older than Boruto.)

In Naruto: The Last, it's implied that Sasuke was the person taking the pictures at Naruto and Hinata's wedding at the end.
    Ahh, alright then, thanks for the clarification. I've been watching a ton of anime lately(currently on Fairy Tail) so my memory is a bit blurry on certain things!

13. - Top - End - #523

Quote Originally Posted by rater202 View Post
    it's not like sasuke hit it and quit it. He wasn't around for sarada becuase he had a 12-year long mission in a place where he didn't have a means of charging a cellphone.

It's a military village, and he works for it in a military capacity. That kind of thing happens.

Honestly, blame naruto for assigning sasuke the 12-year mission instead of giving it to somebody who didn't have a wife/girlfriend with a bun in the oven.
    HE HAS LIGHTNING POWERS.

Also Naruto explicitly notes that the only reason he can't charge his phone is because HE FORGETS TO CHARGE IT.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2018-10-16 at 12:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

HE HAS LIGHTNING POWERS.

Also Naruto explicitly notes that the only reason he can't charge his phone is because HE FORGETS TO CHARGE IT.
    Well, I can't blame him for that really - not enamorued of mobiles myself. I have one, for emergancy purpioses only, so it is explicitly off at all other times.

I mean, I bet otherwise Naruto would be bugging him every five minutes with silly text messages and shanigans...

Bleakbane Catches Up With Naruto

The Promise That Was Kept

Oh dear. We start off with Naruto and Obito just starting at each other in absolute silence while Naruto extends his hand and Obito slowly moves his foward. Twenty minutes of this is going to be trying...

Wait, no, aha, Obito just reaches for Naruto's throat instead. And Naruto decks him.

Ahahahahahahahahaha!

Not even Obito likes Obito!

You really ARE no-one, dude.

Oh crap, yeah, outside, actual things are happening!

With one last heave, the allied shonobi forces joink the tailed beasts out of Obito and it's all over.

Okay, okay, show - fair do's... The look of complete horror on Obito's face when he loses WAS worth all that bullcrap before. Ahahahahahaha!

There is a pause for blather between Naruto and the Tailed Beasts while Obito stares at his hand. And once again SASUKE, showing hiterto unseen maturity is the one to go "erm, hey, there's a world-ending nutter over there and he ain't dead yet" and goes off to knobble him. (Naruto protests, of course...)

But no, Kakashi shows up FINALLY (late as usual, and kill-stealing, too! You so lazy, Kakashi!) But no, even he is not allowed to gut Obito like the fish he deserves, because Minato grabs his hand. Dangit! He also distresses Naruto by dismissing the Talk no Jutsu as basically Kushina's nagging. That is kinda hilarious. Naruto is sent off to deal with Madara while Minato and Kakashi and Obito have a bit of a chat (because now REALLY is the time for that).

Again, the look of abject horror on Obito's face when Kakashi admits that yeah, he also sees the world as hell, and yeah, Naruto might fail just like Obito did is SO worth it. Ahahaha!

Even more hilariously is Kakashi is saying that the major difference between Obito and Naruto is that people LIKE Naruto. So, in his (hopefully) dying moments, Obito is told that, actually he just failed because he's an unlikable [Richard].

Classy.

And well-deserved!

And now, hooray, after one more episode (which appears to be Gaara in it), Proper Villain should take centre stage (for a bit anyway...)

My First Friend

Obito still hasn't kicked the bucket yet, but Naruto is throwing a giant rasenshuriken at Madara.

Yeah, Naruto dude, he's gonna see that coming a mile off and...

Hashirama has trapped him off-screen in a wood jutsu so he's completely helpless and nowall the shinobi are running into help fight.

MOTHERF- .... -RACKER.

FRAGGING. FRICKING. DAMMMMMMMN IIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

*sigh*

Anyway, Gaara asks Shukaku for help with his sand powers and Shukaku is like "ahaha, no."

So Gaara says, "suits yourself, I was asking, not commanding, I'll get someone else's help if you wanna be a mardy git," which apparetly ticks off Shukaku to the point of helping (sometanuki's jealous of Kuraaaaamaaaa...)

Son Goku says they want to help, and asks Gaara if he's Naruto's friend.

Cue flashback sequence. But hey, it's Gaara, and we don't see enough of him, and hey, it's not a flashback we see very often, so it's all good. Plus we see Gaara a bit more and see him traumatising poor old Kankoro (and apparently murdering all his friends). Gaara monologues on, explaining how he was a monster until he met Naruto, because they were the same (except for, y'know, the murder).

I jest, but of course, the tragic difference between Naruto and Gaara was people DID have a reason to be afraid of Gaara. Yes, it might have been their own fault for starting it, but that made it a self-fulfilling prophecy with all-too obvious results.

Gaara finishes his monologue and Son Goku asks him if something is wrong.

Ahahahahahaha! Really? He wasn't explaining to the tailed beasts, that whole thing was Gaara just spacing out for like fifteen minutes, staring into nothing?

Priceless.

The Adored Elder Sister

Speaking of things we havemn't seen much of since the Chunin Exams...

Filler arc with Hanabi!

Suits me! This means more Hinata, and more Neji. This should be interesting to, since I've never really gotten a handle on Hanabi (perhaps unsurprisngly)...

Well, she started out precocious and deeplu into playing ninja and (like Saskue, it seems idolising her elder sister).

(Small point: the English-ification of the honourifics (here with Hanabi, and also with Konohomaru usually) is awfully clumsey. This is one instance, one feels, where they should have Done An Asterix on the translation and replaced it with something else of equal merit. Not sure what (some sort of nickname, maybe), but "elder sister Hinati" is such a wince-inducing mouthful...)

Ahahaha, Neji was such a [Richard] in the old dayss, I'd alsomost forgotten what...

UNHOLY FRACKING CRAP.

No lie, watching Neji get the curse seal turned on (ye gods, he can't have been more than, like, ten or something) was absolutely shocking. And Hisashi held him in it until he passed out. YE GODS. I found that genuinely disturbing - 'cos they sure didn't flitch away from showing that at all.

Unsurprising, then Hanabi is rather traumatised.

And... The quiet horror of Hanabi talking about Neji as "that man." Her own cousin. That's... Ouuuch.

(I'd probably are a lot less if was someone else, but.. It's Neji.)

Ya see, Bleakbane, the thing about a pre-Chunin Exams Hyuuga arc that we have forgotten, haven't we, how utterly FRACKED-UP the Hyuuga are, and it's probably only the freaking caged bird seal that has prevented someone Itachi-ing them up until now.

Hanabiu sees Hinata sneaking off to play stalker on Naruto, and apparently comes to the conclusion she needs to train extra hard to that maybe Hinata will spend time with her? I'm not hugely clear.

Anyway, that kind of backfires, 'cos it turns out Neji ain't the only progedy around.

Cue tragedy as Hisashi makes Hinata and Hanabi fight, and Hanabi gets way too into it (clearly revelling in fighting with her older sister the ultimate expression of playing ninja) and wins. And thus trapping herself into the role of heir and putting more distance between her and her sister.

That was... Darker than I expected, actually, but I really should have seen that coming...

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

@bleakbane dude just jump in to boruto bandwagon already or get your self phd in masoshism. My children will be old enough to marry when you finaly reach us and i am not married yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

16. - Top - End - #526

I for one am glad Bleakbane's going through all this, it's reminding me of how long, pointless, and terrible it was.

God the Hyuga really are the most ****ed up thing in this. I hope they actually...you know, removed the cursed seal in the future.

Also, concerning the cellphone subject...if you are a ninja on super important business you really need a ****ing cell phone that's always charged. It allows for instantaneous communication! Naruto might bug him with texts, but that's a small price to pay for such a useful tool. Let alone also REMEMBER TO CALL YOUR ****ING FAMILY SASUKE.

17. - Top - End - #527

When I read the Manga of Naruto Gaiden, the thing that shows Sarada, it said that Sasuke was in a place where he could not charge his cellphone, not that he was forgetting to charge it.

And as I said then, Sasuke learning or creating a technique to charge his cell phone battery would require Sasuke to not be missing an arm.

One-handed hand-signs are an advanced technique, you need to be able to do it normally first.

Sasuke lost his dominant arm and elected not to get a replacement.

Sasuke's ability to learn new techniques is permanently crippled--unless he wants someone use a one-handed battery charging jutsu specifically for the hand he's still got, he's not learning that technique.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Sasuke is effectively ambidextrous for we seen many numerous incidents of him using both hands, and even stuff like switching weapons effortlessly between his hands.

Sasuke uses chidori with his left hand, but he writes and uses a bow with his right hand (use the left hand to hold the bow, and the right hand to manipulate, pull back, and release the arrow.). Sasuke also use his sword with his right hand.

So while Sasuke is ambidextrous it appears he actually lost the hand he uses less often for fine motor control tasks. For Sasuke lost his left hand, and the uses of his left hand were often things where he jab, and pointed, but did not use fine motor movements where he uses his right hand more for these tasks that have fine motor control such as writting, or the sword techniques where he quickly switches his grip between his fingers.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2018-10-17 at 06:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529

When I read the Manga of Naruto Gaiden, the thing that shows Sarada, it said that Sasuke was in a place where he could not charge his cellphone, not that he was forgetting to charge it.

And as I said then, Sasuke learning or creating a technique to charge his cell phone battery would require Sasuke to not be missing an arm.

One-handed hand-signs are an advanced technique, you need to be able to do it normally first.

Sasuke lost his dominant arm and elected not to get a replacement.

Sasuke's ability to learn new techniques is permanently crippled--unless he wants someone use a one-handed battery charging jutsu specifically for the hand he's still got, he's not learning that technique.
    I believe they also mention he forgets to charge it as well.

Regardless, he...has lightning powers. It feels like it should be really easy to create a charge for him to use, given he literally creates lightning with ninja magic power juice.

Also he has a Sharingan if anyone can do one handed hand seals it's him, and we've seen him do chidori's in this one handed state and they're made of electricity.

20. - Top - End - #530

Regardless, he...has lightning powers. It feels like it should be really easy to create a charge for him to use, given he literally creates lightning with ninja magic power juice.

Also he has a Sharingan if anyone can do one-handed hand seals it's him, and we've seen him do Chidori's in this one-handed state and they're made of electricity.
    Okay Zodi, gather up enough lightning and concentrate it down to a ball that chirps like a thousand birds.

Now shove it into your cell phone.

If your phone charged... Or do you need a new phone?

Sasuke would need a brand new and much weaker lightning technique to charge his phone. He'd have to learn it and then make a one handed version.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Trying to charge a cell phone with what amounts to a miniature lightning bolt just sounds like a recipe for fried electronics to me. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a technique that can do it, but it would have to be specifically designed for the purpose.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay Zodi, gather up enough lightning and concentrate it down to a ball that chirps like a thousand birds.

Sasuke would need a brand new and much weaker lightning technique to charge his phone. He'd have to learn it and then make a one handed version.
    Sasuke has the Rinnegan, shouldn't shape manipulation be quite easy for him? Maybe I misunderstood Ero-Senin little speech of how elite the Rinnegan was when he fought Pain.

----

(Note I do not care, Naruto is known for its plot holes, for example even if it was just a Guardian someone who had to be Naruto's caretaker during his baby / toddler years for it is not until late elementary years till a child can do the bare necessities of self care. Naruto may have had a crappy childhood but he had to have someone look out for him, yet per the manga he had no one.)

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

I just realized, I only saw snipets of the second attempt at the chunin exam, where shikamaru is leading the chunin exam. However, I never got to see the whole thing. Does anyone know where I would go to watch those or which episodes are the next attempts at chunin exams?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Also he has a Sharingan if anyone can do one handed hand seals it's him, and we've seen him do chidori's in this one handed state and they're made of electricity.
    Come on, Zodi, it's a Sharingan. The answer is obvious: Hypnotize the phone into believing it's charged. If you can genjutsu hard enough to change actual reality this should be simple

25. - Top - End - #535

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Trying to charge a cell phone with what amounts to a miniature lightning bolt just sounds like a recipe for fried electronics to me. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a technique that can do it, but it would have to be specifically designed for the purpose.
    With all due respect I am not a ninja and even if I was all of our tech is made with the mentality of mundane people. Meanwhile in Naruto they have ninjacroll shaped USB sticks and lightsabers that suck out your chakra to make the blade a different element. I think they can handle "chakra charged phone" without it being an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Come on, Zodi, it's a Sharingan. The answer is obvious: Hypnotize the phone into believing it's charged. If you can genjutsu hard enough to change actual reality this should be simple
    I hate this because it reminds me of how Hitman Reborn handled it's illusion characters.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

New Boruto Manga chapter #28 that came out 10/22 .

1) Naruto has the patience of a saint.
    2) Does this make Naruto a good dad? Discuss
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2018-10-22 at 02:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537

Aside from the fact that I dislike the main plot and where it's likely going to go...this chapter was really good. Credit where it's due, this ruled.

Now I'm curious who Kaji is...since he's been to Konoha before. He seems like he's going to be someone we know.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Bleakbane Catches Up With Naruto

Despite the enormous temptation to just keep binging on A Practical Guide to Evil, let's instead watch more child abuse!

Hoora...

Wait, which one of things things was about the bad guys again...?

Hanabi's Decision

Well. That... was an episode that happened.

Really, this was not anything like the last episode. It was... Really more about Hinata than Hanabi (mostly flashbacks as events happened from Hanabi's point of view)... But the arc Hanabi went on was... Weak, with no real resolution other than "I'll try harder and make my own way" but... Not executed very well. Bleh.

Well, NEXT episode looks like it should be more fun...

Madara Uchiha Arises

First half of the epsidoe was recapping - at LEEEEEENGTH what happened, like two episodes ago, and more whinging from Obito. Ye gods, he won't even frcking DIE with the beats stripped out of him.

Mercifully, he decides to suicide with the reborth jutsu (no, mate, that IS the easy way out, atoning is the hard way, why am I not surprised you think the opposite)...

And the Black Zetsu shows up, snatches hos body and resurrects Madara a heartbear before Sai seals him.

Oh dear.

(And I mean that is "ahahahaha, FINALLY!" sort of way.)

Madara is all "just according to plan... Even if a bit out of sequence..." Showing that, like, all true masters, he's got a solid grasp of how to Plan B.

The later half of the episode is Madara being incredibly smug and awesome - and (once more) Sasuke actually getting in and being kind of cool. Hopelessly outmatched, but since that face-heel turn of his, he is SO much more watchable!

And it's gonna get more fun yet...!

Zetsu, meanwhile, is going to use Obito's dying body to fight Minato and Kakashi, because why not?

Madara meawhile, deftly out-manouveing Sasuke with his eyes literally closed, heads over towards the Tailed Beasts...

"I'm ging to capture you, filthy beasts."

Ye gods, that man has style.

The Hidden Heart

Madara proceeds to attack the Tailed Beasts. With his eyes closed.

The Allied Forces do the sensible thing and run the frack away.

Except Gaara, because he's fracking GAARA. Hell, he and Shukaku even manage a dirty justu using penetrating sand inside the body to basically blood-bend. Nice.

And then the tailed beast smack the immobilised Madara about like a rag doll, and then slap him all together (with Naruto and B) and then Gaara and Shukaku seals him away in a big sand mausuleum.

"Did they get him?" a ninja asks.

No. No, you did not get him, you silly fool, that's frack damn Madara Uchiha.

Of course they didn't! He busts out with Susanoo, just in time for White Zetsu to show up with a rinnegarn right eye.

Madara, bels 'im, proceeds to have a jolly old manical laugh (style!), because he's so pumped up with adrenaline and being alive again, and implies that he let himself get banged-up because he's got Hashirama's healing factor.

Madara then yoinks the Gedo statue right out of Obito and summons it to him. (To his credit, Kakashi acts fast enough to Kamui one of its arms of and Madara is slightly impressed. Slightly.)

Maddy then proceeds to knock all nine tailed beasts flat with one attack.

(Meanwhile, Obito is trying to stop Black Zetsu from taking the left eye, while Kakashi and Minato stare gormlessly).

Naruto, is at this point, kind of bricking himself as he realises that Obito was just a tool and this was Madara's plan all along.

No, really?

Madara then unleashes the chains and grabs all nine beast hilariously easily. He nearly yanks Kurama right out of Naruto, but then spoil-sport White Zetsu reminds him he's got to do it in order.

So Shukaku is draged foward instead, causing Gaara to grab the chain with his sand and be determined enough we get a flashback of Shukaku about that old monk he was in once. (Ah, that's where old monk thing came from.)

Doesn't matter, though, it's Madara Motherfracking Uchiha, and Shukaku gets yanked fowards anyway...

Whelp, looks like next episode will be the last episode, Madara clearly wins and kills everyone, series over, we can all go home now.

(Okay, clearly it isn't but...)

See, this is the difference between Madara and Obito. Madara has EARNED his ridiculousness and he plays it off with such joy and aplomb I'm... Actually rooting for him (though that could be because I have been reading way too much A Practical Guide To Evil recently..) He is such a genuine delight to watch.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

I, Madara do Susanoo with no eyes, even though it requires two eyes / mangekyou sharingan per lore.

But I, Madara get to do it anyway with no eyes. for I am [censored] [censored] Madara Uchiha (New Lore explanation, I get to do it with no eyes for I did once in the past with two eyes. Thus now my eyeless body can do it.)

Question do you have the senses of your Susano avatar?

30. - Top - End - #540

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Question do you have the senses of your Susano avatar?
    It's basically just a Stand so yes.

Also yeah, Madara is ****ing OP as hell and ridiculous, but they build him up across the entire damn series. It earns it.

Eyeball powers still dumb as hell.