New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh right I forgot that Orochimaru steals whatever body, but my question applies to both Genders, I don't care if Orochimaru were to take over the sexiest body possible. Nobody should ain't having sex with Orochimaru.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nobody did.

Mitsuki was created artificially-he's a genetically perfect clone.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nobody did.

Mitsuki was created artificially-he's a genetically perfect clone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, how did that happen exactly. Does Orochimaru keep his old dead body around?

and More importantly

Did The Ninja world just like LET this happen? Didn't anyone like Put Orochimaru in Jail for at least Attempted Assassination of the Third Hokage?

3. - Top - End - #33

Spoiler
    Show
    Fro what I can tell, he was treated leniently because he helped save the world, but the Leaf village kept a very close eye on him, just in case.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #34

Spoiler
    Show
    Fro what I can tell, he was treated leniently because he helped save the world, but the Leaf village kept a very close eye on him, just in case.
    If they could forgive freaking SASUKE, I guess cutting orochimaru some slack isnt out of the question. At least orochimaru is a few steps down the list of most powerful bad guys. Hell, 4 tails blood shroud naruto managed to force him to retreat. Im pretty sure naruto could kill him by blinking too hard at this point.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #35

I for one cannot wait for the adventures of Bort, Salad, and Snakeson.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    If they could forgive freaking SASUKE, I guess cutting orochimaru some slack isnt out of the question. At least orochimaru is a few steps down the list of most powerful bad guys. Hell, 4 tails blood shroud naruto managed to force him to retreat. Im pretty sure naruto could kill him by blinking too hard at this point.
    I've previously stated that my personal theory is that Orochimaru behaves himself because, compared to Naruto and Sasuke, he's basically an ant. If he gets uppity, he gets his tongue tied to a pole and the rest of him used as a tether-ball the next time Naruto and Sasuke get board. And he knows it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #37

I've previously stated that my personal theory is that Orochimaru behaves himself because, compared to Naruto and Sasuke, he's basically an ant. If he gets uppity, he gets his tongue tied to a pole and the rest of him used as a tether-ball the next time Naruto and Sasuke get board. And he knows it.
    Although its also possible that his strange reformation was real. Even before naruto and sauke got their uber ultra deluxe power ups, orochimaru seemed to be in a less power hungry chaos causing mood. Something like, "Instead of being the wind that turns the windmills, I shall sit back and watch it happen on its own" I admit im hazy on that stretch of the original series. Most of my grand finale knowledge (of which i count the entire 4th shinobi war) is related to the battles and the chatter that went on during them. I think I saw a bit of the 4 kages chatting with sasuke that orochimaru had setup.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I for one cannot wait for the adventures of Bort, Salad, and Snakeson.
    It was not the beginning. There was no beginnings or endings to the wheel of shinobi generations. History fades into legend, legends fade into myth, and even myth is forgotten when it comes to occur once again.
    In the third generation, considered a fallen generation by some, Bolt, Sarada and Mitsuki are the new generation and reincarnations of ninja! Bolt the son of the Hokage-Messiah, Sarada the daughter of the biggest jerk and deadbeat dad in existence, and Mitsuki the clone of Orochimaru, a team comprised of the offspring of two former traitors and the guy who save the world. Right. This won't end well. It was not the beginning, but it was A Beginning.

In other words, we are all in a big spiritual recycling plant! Here we go again.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #39

Spoiler
    Show
    According to the Wiki, Mitsuki joined the leaf because he's rebelling against Orochimaru.

He's also apparently only partially a clone of Orochimaru.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #40

Spoiler
    Show
    According to the Wiki, Mitsuki joined the leaf because he's rebelling against Orochimaru.

He's also apparently only partially a clone of Orochimaru.
    Spoiler
    Show

So he's basically just Orochimaru's son then? Because...I mean genetically speaking a child is half of your genetics so it's half of your genetic clone.

That's really splitting hairs (and genomes) though.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

I'm confused, how is "Did someone bang Orochimaru" even a question? This is Orochimaru we're talking about, anyone claiming to be his kid should be assumed to have come out of a vat until someone says otherwise.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2016-04-25 at 10:21 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

12. - Top - End - #42

Spoiler
    Show

So he's basically just Orochimaru's son then? Because...I mean genetically speaking a child is half of your genetics so it's half of your genetic clone.

That's really splitting hairs (and genomes) though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, he was created artificially, so "clone."

Also we don't know if he's half Orochimaru-the Wiki says he's genetically perfect, so...
    Last edited by Rater202; 2016-04-25 at 10:25 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

So would orochimaru child possess his own dna or the dna of his host, or both?

How would this work with a donor with a female for an egg or a male if he is in a female body?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

. . .

Did this thread seriously begin with the tired "Naruto shinobi ain't stealthy"?

Repeat with me: one of the basic jutsus required from each new genin is how to disguise yourself as anything imaginable.

One of the basic jutsus required from each new genin is how to disguise yourself as anything imaginable.

One of the basic jutsus. Required from each new genin. Is how to disguise yourself. As anything imaginable.

We've seen the main character disguise himself as the opposite sex, a piece of fence, a pile of rocks, a flying shuriken and his own ninjutsu projectile.

Naruto Shinobi wear distinctive clothes, masks or insignia because normally, the only time you see themas themselves is when they want or need to be recognized.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    . . .

Repeat with me: one of the basic jutsus required from each new genin is how to disguise yourself as anything imaginable.

One of the basic jutsus required from each new genin is how to disguise yourself as anything imaginable.

One of the basic jutsus. Required from each new genin. Is how to disguise yourself. As anything imaginable.

We've seen the main character disguise himself as the opposite sex, a piece of fence, a pile of rocks, a flying shuriken and his own ninjutsu projectile.

Naruto Shinobi wear distinctive clothes, masks or insignia because normally, the only time you see themas themselves is when they want or need to be recognized.
    Too be fair, we pretty much ONLY see naruto ever do that sort of thing. I mean, beyond looking like someone else. There was a lot of speculation on it being something unique he came up with. I mean come on, just because you look like a windmill shuriken doesnt mean you have somehow managed to transform your mass into a far smaller form, turned into metal, and yet are still somehow fully sentient and sapient about your surroundings. Thats the most broken absurd bit of nonsense I have ever heard. If that was actually how it worked, there is no way in HELL any shinobi worth his headband would need any other jutsu.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

you have somehow managed to transform your mass into a far smaller form
    I think it works by bending light, when Naruto vs Pein ended and he pulled the "Mass Shadowclones hidden as rocks" thing, when the shadow clones were revealed there was a huge crater with pain in the middle on top of a raised platform of rock.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    I think it works by bending light, when Naruto vs Pein ended and he pulled the "Mass Shadowclones hidden as rocks" thing, when the shadow clones were revealed there was a huge crater with pain in the middle on top of a raised platform of rock.
    Then how the hell was he hurled like a windmill shuriken? Human bodies are NOT very aerodynamic when being spun around like a frisbee.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

We know from Gamabunta versus Shukaku fight that the transformation is partially physical - Naruto turned Gamabunta into Kyubi so he would have claws. As with clone techniques, it's likely part Chakra construct, part illusion.

How deep the transformation is, is not well-established. But as the saying goes, anything is aerodynamic if you throw it hard enough.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Then how the hell was he hurled like a windmill shuriken? Human bodies are NOT very aerodynamic when being spun around like a frisbee.
    Land of Waves Arc? Sauske is just that strong.

During the Pein thing? Frog Sage Mode Hax

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    . . .

To be fair, my argument (though not outright stated there, apparently, which does make me seem like I'm picking fault for no logical reason, for which I apologise) is more rooted in the fact that it's common (especially in fan works) tend to pick on Naruto's orange as being "silly for ninja" or something, while simultaneously giving all the other things that are often worse in other ninja a pass. You mock Naruto for his orange, you should also be mocking the people equally as radiantly visible.

The show itself, fortunately, does not make an issue of it; as you say, it can be written off as either genera convention or at least "well, they could just transform is they needed to" (though they never actually seem to, but go on). I don't actually have a problem with Naruto ninja not "being stealthy" (and I LIKE the orange) - only when one aspect is called out and all the other are ignored. (Principally, one feels, because the authors had an axe to grind or doesnt think orange is "cool" enough or something.)

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    To be fair, my argument (though not outright stated there, apparently, which does make me seem like I'm picking fault for no logical reason, for which I apologise) is more rooted in the fact that it's common (especially in fan works) tend to pick on Naruto's orange as being "silly for ninja" or something, while simultaneously giving all the other things that are often worse in other ninja a pass. You mock Naruto for his orange, you should also be mocking the people equally as radiantly visible.

The show itself, fortunately, does not make an issue of it; as you say, it can be written off as either genera convention or at least "well, they could just transform is they needed to" (though they never actually seem to, but go on). I don't actually have a problem with Naruto ninja not "being stealthy" (and I LIKE the orange) - only when one aspect is called out and all the other are ignored. (Principally, one feels, because the authors had an axe to grind or doesnt think orange is "cool" enough or something.)
    Wasnt the series originally planned to be about wizards anyways? That might explain the lack of stealth in his "ninjas" the basic idea was a bunch of magic hurling people who arent supposed to be invisible dealers of death. As for the fanworks, yeah, but too be honest, most of the authors bringing up the orange isnt stealthy line tend to do it so they can have naruto prove he can be invisible while wearing orange if he likes. And considering he graffitied an entire mountain range while not getting caught, he has a point. Either that, or the village guards SUCK.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

. As for the fanworks, yeah, but too be honest, most of the authors bringing up the orange isnt stealthy line tend to do it so they can have naruto prove he can be invisible while wearing orange if he likes.
    I've seen that, but I've more often seen it (in the sort of "retelling events but Naruto gets [some new thing/trainer] where it was done so Naruto could be put in some non-orange "better" colour.

(I'm afraid I can't name any names in particular. I read a LOT of Naruto fanfiction back in the day (before MLP became a thing and the quality tail-off in the main series haemoharrged away the signal-to-noise ratio to very low levels).)

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I've seen that, but I've more often seen it (in the sort of "retelling events but Naruto gets [some new thing/trainer] where it was done so Naruto could be put in some non-orange "better" colour.

(I'm afraid I can't name any names in particular. I read a LOT of Naruto fanfiction back in the day (before MLP became a thing and the quality tail-off in the main series haemoharrged away the signal-to-noise ratio to very low levels).)
    Fair enough, and that does happen a lot too. Im honestly unsure which is more common. I suppose it depends on if they are telling a "naruto is awesome" story, or a "naruto becomes awesome after so and so helps" type of story. Im still loving the story Mouse of Konoha. Its a slow updater but it covers naruto from age 5 to academy (so far) but it has massive divergences from the canon path. He wears orange, but its for a good reason. Not because "Omg orange is the kami of all colors, dattebeyo!!"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

New naruto manga launched this week and you can find it on some fansub sites. I am posting in this thread but we should really make a new thread for its the spin off series.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

It is going to be a weekly manga in Shonen Jump

The first manga opens up with a time skip showing a battle with Boruto against someone with Boruto being a teenager / young adult (the furthest point in time we seen in the Naruto series) followed by flashing back to right before the start of the chunin exams for Boruto and his team. Boruto the Movie takes place when Boruto is 12 years old (his Chunin Exam) and the 1st manga for this new spin off series happens right before the Chunnin exams so about 15 years after the last manga of Naruto #700 (Naruto #700 occurs, 2 year time skip for Naruto the Movie, an undefined amount of time but lets say a year later Boruto is born, and then 12 years later for Boruto's Chunnin Exam)

----

All I can say so far without using a spoiler block is that the series seems to be incorporating more technology and more steam punk elements than the hodgepodge of technology that we saw in the Naruto Manga during the 80 or so years from the first hokage vs Madara to when Naruto takes place.

25. - Top - End - #55

It's Naruto's sequel so think sticking with the NAruto thread is fine.

Found and read it. My thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    Bort's a **** heel like Sasuke, Salad's their Naruto, and Snakebro by that reasoning is their Sakura, and I'm actually fine with this. It fits. I like the potential this has, it's clearly gearing up to something neat, and from the looks of that flashforward some consequence and power scale correction might happen and it might be good!

So basically, it has potential! But it's also got one major flaw.

HOW THE **** DO YOU DRAW WORSE THEN LATE GAME NARUTO?! Naruto's final chapters really weren't drawn well at all and this chapter is somehow WORSE. The art is just BAD, BAD BAD BAD. IF the art doesn't improve it won't really matter if this series actually ends up being good because I don't think people will be able to stand it.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-05-05 at 12:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bort's a **** heel like Sasuke, Salad's their Naruto, and Snakebro by that reasoning is their Sakura, and I'm actually fine with this. It fits. I like the potential this has, it's clearly gearing up to something neat, and from the looks of that flashforward some consequence and power scale correction might happen and it might be good!

HOW THE **** DO YOU DRAW WORSE THEN LATE GAME NARUTO?! Naruto's final chapters really weren't drawn well at all and this chapter is somehow WORSE. The art is just BAD, BAD BAD BAD. IF the art doesn't improve it won't really matter if this series actually ends up being good because I don't think people will be able to stand it.
    It's not 'worse'. He's just drawing in a different style to try and separate his works (and succeeded). Hair, faces, bodies, and the environment are intentionally drawn differently than the original Naruto. YMMV on whether the new style is better or worse, I personally think its actually better.

Except Hinata. She just looks weird.

For the plot

Spoiler: undefined
    Show
    So when !DefinitelyNotSasuke says, "I'll send you to join the 7th", the obvious implication is that they think Naruto is dead. YMMV on whether he actually is or isn't, but both he and Bolt at least THINK he's dead.

They also appear to be setting the stage for the initial major conflict of the series to be the clash between technology that can mimic ninja abilities and ninja themselves. We'll have to see how that goes and how effectively he can pull it off as a story.

Also, scientist dude asking Naruto to let Chuunin exam entrants use his new tech is so Obviously Evil it isn't even funny.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-05-05 at 10:41 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I forgot to write this earlier, but one reason why I think it may be apt to do a seperate thread is that the series is no longer written or drawn by the author of the naruto manga but it is now done by two different people with Kishmoto overseeing / editing it.

Creator and Editor is Masashi Kishmoto http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Masashi_Kishimoto
    Note over the 15 years it took to write Naruto doing 700 chapters Kishmoto had 12 assistants over the time (but not all at the same time, for the assistants were continually coming and leaving)

Manga Art is Miki Ikemoto http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Mikio_Ikemoto
    Miki Ikemoto is an assistant to Kishmoto and previous did some of the backgrounds, crowds, etc

Manga Script is Ukyou Kodachi http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Uky%C5%8D_Kodachi
    Kodachi cowrote / collaborated with writting the Script for Boruto: Naruto the Movie, he wrote the light novel adaptation of the movie, and wrote a light novel of Naruto that occurs during the Time Skip between Naruto 700 and Boruto involving the Sand Nation

I bring this up for your comment La Zodiac about the art style reminded me that I forgot to mention this detail.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Uhm...that kid from the intro looks like Sasuke and Naruto's lovechild, right? Also, it appears the marking on both that kid and Boruto are from their own sage modes. Interesting.

I'm still surprised that the jutsu tech of D&D-style scrolls is a complete 180 degree of the past practice of making sure, whatever it takes, that a clan's kekkei genkai or hiden never gets in the hands of an outsider. On the flip side, that deeply rooted tradition also spawned crapton of conflicts and even threats of war, so I can see Naruto going the opposite way and all Oprah, inadvertedly making basic Sharingan a little less unique.

The Sasuke-Boruto comparison upthread is hilarious, considering Kishi is all over Sasuke and now we get the main character being touted as "the Sasuke" of his trio.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    It's not 'worse'. He's just drawing in a different style to try and separate his works (and succeeded). Hair, faces, bodies, and the environment are intentionally drawn differently than the original Naruto. YMMV on whether the new style is better or worse, I personally think its actually better.

Except Hinata. She just looks weird.

For the plot

Spoiler: undefined
    Show
    So when !DefinitelyNotSasuke says, "I'll send you to join the 7th", the obvious implication is that they think Naruto is dead. YMMV on whether he actually is or isn't, but both he and Bolt at least THINK he's dead.

They also appear to be setting the stage for the initial major conflict of the series to be the clash between technology that can mimic ninja abilities and ninja themselves. We'll have to see how that goes and how effectively he can pull it off as a story.

Also, scientist dude asking Naruto to let Chuunin exam entrants use his new tech is so Obviously Evil it isn't even funny.
    Yeah it's a YMMV on the art. Sorry, it's just...a really visceral reaction on my part. The art looks TOO different, but also too similiar. It's an uncanny valley sort of thing, Hinata getting the worst of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure Kawaki or whatever his name is isn't Sasuke . Anyway, I for one think Naruto is full on Dead Dead. Bort's comments and narration make it pretty clear that he's REALLY REALLY dead, and dies sooner rather than later.

Also yes the scientist is such a blatently evil guy that I kind of hope he's not a villain he's just unfortunately cursed to look like a scumbag.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

A new chapter came out for Boruto: Naruto Next Generations making this the 2nd comic of this new series.

There is also a 1 shot about Orochimaru with Naruto Side Story - The Path Shone By The Full Moon's Light .