The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 835
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Haven't read the Orochimaru side story, but have read the new Bort. So yeah, new chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bort learns to Rasengan almost immediately but it's very tiny. Because Sasuke is bad at words he begins with "haha it's very tiny" instead of "that's very impressive good job". So Bort cheats by using tech and Sasuke can tell and he's not impressed at all but he lets it slide. Salad continues to be the best character, wearing some weird fancy shirt and skirt combo and clearly likeing Bort despite him being stupid. "Mizuki is here too".

    Sasuke reveals to Naruto "oh hey by the way I fought other moon demons" and Naruto's annoyed he didn't mention that before "I found a neat scroll in KAguya's moon fort". We end the chapter by seeing said moon demons killing Killer Bee and making clear their next goal is to find and kill Naruto to get the Kyubei. Oh noes.

    This chapter was actually kind of good, in so much that it's clearly setting up for "and then Bort tries to use teh tech in the exam or to save his Dad and it fails and his own natural talents also fail him sine he doesn't bother training HIMSELF."


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    material & internet plane
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Man, I thought the new story would dial the power creep far back to early Naruto levels, but
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently we now get Ninjutsu TMs, and the new threats make quick work of Killer freakin Bee. I mean, sure, the dude may be old and all, but still...

    Oh, and Sakura looks... barely like Sakura at all.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Man, I thought the new story would dial the power creep far back to early Naruto levels, but
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently we now get Ninjutsu TMs, and the new threats make quick work of Killer freakin Bee. I mean, sure, the dude may be old and all, but still...

    Oh, and Sakura looks... barely like Sakura at all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    she has breasts now? Heh, sorry, low blow. Too many pretimeskip fanfics that hate on her to a high extent.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ramza00's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Man, I thought the new story would dial the power creep far back to early Naruto levels, but
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently we now get Ninjutsu TMs, and the new threats make quick work of Killer freakin Bee. I mean, sure, the dude may be old and all, but still...

    Oh, and Sakura looks... barely like Sakura at all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Boruto the movie came out last year in 2015. It is written by the same author as the spin off Boruto manga. It is going to cover some of the same ground as Boruto the movie before advancing to the new plot. Those two people are the same villains in Boruto the movie. I am going to keep the rest of the post focusing on the manga only and pretend the movie Boruto the Movie does not exist since there is going to be some overlap.

    Yes there is power creep with these two villains who Sasuke speculates is from Otsutsuki clan (remember Sasuke was searching dimensions trying to figure out Kaguya's plans). One of these two new Otsutsuki villians, the one who did not fight Sasuke but did fight Killer Bee, has a white hand and a black hand and rinnegan in the palm of each hands. He absorbed the tailed beast ball from Killer B with his right hand which is the color white (probably similar to Preta path), and the returned the attack and amplified its power with the left hand which is black. This same villain that Sasuke did not fight also have two byakugan in his normal eye sockets.

    Now the rinnegan in the palms of each hand are unlike Danzo's implanted sharingan, we see his hands with the rinnegan open and active like you have your eyelids open, but we also see his hands at other times with the same white black coloring but the rinnegan is not there similar to the eyelid being closed. In sasuke's situation with the rinnegan the rinnegan can remain on but if he does not recharge his chakra he can only use it for so long before it deactivates, he then can keep the eye open and still use his sharingan and mangekyou sharingan but not the rinnegan abilities. Or he can close his rinnegan eye to recharge it faster. In Naruto the last movie as well as the Naruto Gaiden the Seventh Hokage (the one that focused on Sarada Uchihia) we see that Sasuke's rinnegan will retain the circles all the time but it is not fully active until the 6 tomoe appear and Sasuke can turn on and off the six tomoe.

    -----

    But on the subject of power creep. Yes we are going to see some villains that are strong enough to fight Naruto and Sasuke just from a narrative standpoint if the goal is to kill these two demigods in some sort of battle.

    That said I would not be surprised that most of the villains instead of the big bad will be fighting at early Shippuden / Part 2 power levels instead of the insane power levels that we saw in the 10 Tails / Madara / Kaguya levels. This is to allow Boruto, Sarada, and their team mate Mitsuki to have room to grow.

    We already know that Sarada is roughly early Shippuden / Part 2 levels due to her having similar strength as her mother Sakura during her fight with Sasori, plus Sarada has a very early Sharingan.

    We also know that Mitsuki can access sage mode though so far he has not demonstrated any form of mastery and this sage mode only seems to work when Mitsuki is emotionally aroused similar to how in Naruto before the time skip when the Kyuubi chakra can appear if Naruto was angry or in danger.

    So regardless of the fact all three team members are still technically genins who are about to take the Chunin exams, it is obvious that in a real life power level these team members are at least Chunin level and maybe weak Jonin level.

    -----

    As for the technology that allows people to use ninja techniques without mastering chakra or learn clans special abilities, it was kinda of a narrative neccessity. If the villages are working together instead of feuding, you had to create a way for outsiders to accumulate power easily to be serious villains. Thus it was going to be something like they came from another dimension, or they are using biology and cloning to create soldiers (this was done before with the Zetsus), and I think a more technology based explanation was one that made narrative sense.

    Now another option instead of technology providing tm like ninja abilities was some form of secret society that was working within the villages and plans to undermine them from within, like a secret cult who finally declare themselves as the villains. Since it is a secret society, this society could recruit from the existing Chunin and Jonins. If they went this route arguably they could create a different style of manga where it is a secret war where the heroes are fighting terrorists but since you do not know what side each of these people are on, you will see a lot more sneaking, spying, and ninja like behavior where the goal is to locate this secret society and destroy it from within.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2016-06-06 at 12:14 AM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Boruto the movie came out last year in 2015. It is written by the same author as the spin off Boruto manga. It is going to cover some of the same ground as Boruto the movie before advancing to the new plot. Those two people are the same villains in Boruto the movie.

    Yes there is power creep with these two villains who Sasuke speculates is from Otsutsuki clan (remember Sasuke was searching dimensions trying to figure out Kaguya's plans). One of these two new Otsutsuki villians, the one who did not fight Sasuke but did fight Killer Bee, has a white hand and a black hand and rinnegan in the palm of each hands. He absorbed the tailed beast ball from Killer B with his right hand which is the color white (probably similar to Preta path), and the returned the attack and amplified its power with the left hand which is black. This same villain that Sasuke did not fight also have two byakugan in his normal eye sockets.

    Now the rinnegan in the palms of each hand are unlike Danzo's implanted sharingan, we see his hands with the rinnegan open and active like you have your eyelids open, but we also see his hands at other times with the same white black coloring but the rinnegan is not there similar to the eyelid being closed. In sasuke's situation with the rinnegan the rinnegan can remain on but if he does not recharge his chakra he can only use it for so long before it deactivates, he then can keep the eye open and still use his sharingan and mangekyou sharingan but not the rinnegan abilities. Or he can close his rinnegan eye to recharge it faster. In Naruto the last movie as well as the Naruto Gaiden the Seventh Hokage (the one that focused on Sarada Uchihia) we see that Sasuke's rinnegan will retain the circles all the time but it is not fully active until the 6 tomoe appear and Sasuke can turn on and off the six tomoe.

    -----

    But on the subject of power creep. Yes we are going to see some villains that are strong enough to fight Naruto and Sasuke just from a narrative standpoint if the goal is to kill these two demigods in some sort of battle.

    That said I would not be surprised that most of the villains instead of the big bad will be fighting at early Shippuden / Part 2 power levels instead of the insane power levels that we saw in the 10 Tails / Madara / Kaguya levels. This is to allow Boruto, Sarada, and their team mate Mitsuki to have room to grow.

    We already know that Sarada is roughly early Shippuden / Part 2 levels due to her having similar strength as her mother Sakura during her fight with Sasori, plus Sarada has a very early Sharingan.

    We also know that Mitsuki can access sage mode though so far he has not demonstrated any form of mastery and this sage mode only seems to work when Mitsuki is emotionally aroused similar to how in Naruto before the time skip when the Kyuubi chakra can appear if Naruto was angry or in danger.

    So regardless of the fact all three team members are still technically genins who are about to take the Chunin exams, it is obvious that in a real life power level these team members are at least Chunin level and maybe weak Jonin level.

    -----

    As for the technology that allows people to use ninja techniques without mastering chakra or learn clans special abilities, it was kinda of a narrative neccessity. If the villages are working together instead of feuding, you had to create a way for outsiders to accumulate power easily to be serious villains. Thus it was going to be something like they came from another dimension, or they are using biology and cloning to create soldiers (this was done before with the Zetsus), and I think a more technology based explanation was one that made narrative sense.

    Now another option instead of technology providing tm like ninja abilities was some form of secret society that was working within the villages and plans to undermine them from within, like a secret cult who finally declare themselves as the villains. Since it is a secret society, this society could recruit from the existing Chunin and Jonins. If they went this route arguably they could create a different style of manga where it is a secret war where the heroes are fighting terrorists but since you do not know what side each of these people are on, you will see a lot more sneaking, spying, and ninja like behavior where the goal is to locate this secret society and destroy it from within.
    Spoiler: end of movie/ manga arc
    Show
    one of the shin's clones sacriface himself so sarada can get eternal mangeko sharingan and by the way watch kyubi in movie pulling part 1 naruto on bolt so naruto seal kyubi on both kids as emergency/ keep an eye for them

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Aotrs Commander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    I just admit, nothing I'm seeing is particualry inspiring me to want to carry on when - or perhaps even if! I laboriously get to the end of Shippuden's anime. I may just stop at Naruto the Last movie and call it a day.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I just admit, nothing I'm seeing is particualry inspiring me to want to carry on when - or perhaps even if! I laboriously get to the end of Shippuden's anime. I may just stop at Naruto the Last movie and call it a day.
    I agree, I just get this feeling like, "Ok, the story is over. Its done. My interest is finished. No, I dont want to see what happens to the next generation." On the other hand, I AM pleased they didnt go some cheesy epilogue route like, "And then our Messiah, our Lord and Savior, Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze lead the elemental nations into an era of peace and prosperity that lasted for hundreds of years. Oh, and he finally got together with hinata and had kids. The End." That things are better, yet still far from perfect is a nice touch imo. Still dont want to read it though.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    I'm literally only reading it because I unironically like Salad's character as "the non emo Uchiha".


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ramza00's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm literally only reading it because I unironically like Salad's character as "the non emo Uchiha".
    I blame this on Shizune (Dan's Niece, Tsunade first apprentice) for ruining Salad.

    Sasuke and Sakura did their best to continue the Uchiha legacy via mixing wonderful parenting techniques and the best genetic stock available to Konoha. With the destruction of the Uchiha clan, it made complete and utter sense for Sauske to mate with a enthralled woman who possess a split personality. Sasuke and Sakura were loving parents, they did their best to truly mess up Salad for Salad's own sake, to help unlock the emo Uchiha potential that lies dormant in Salad

    It is due to Shizune's brainwashing, as well as the interference of that damn pig Tonton that Salad turned out ... kinda normal. Damn them

    (What was said above may be containing a little sarcasm and a little jest )
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    I blame this on Shizune (Dan's Niece, Tsunade first apprentice) for ruining Salad.

    Sasuke and Sakura did their best to continue the Uchiha legacy via mixing wonderful parenting techniques and the best genetic stock available to Konoha. With the destruction of the Uchiha clan, it made complete and utter sense for Sauske to mate with a enthralled woman who possess a split personality. Sasuke and Sakura were loving parents, they did their best to truly mess up Salad for Salad's own sake, to help unlock the emo Uchiha potential that lies dormant in Salad

    It is due to Shizune's brainwashing, as well as the interference of that damn pig Tonton that Salad turned out ... kinda normal. Damn them

    (What was said above may be containing a little sarcasm and a little jest )
    news flash guys there is enough material to jump start whole clan with name of shin uchiha bastard has enough clones to basiclly make whole clan by self and by the way forget the orochi brat put shin uchiha in their team

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    I blame this on Shizune (Dan's Niece, Tsunade first apprentice) for ruining Salad.

    Sasuke and Sakura did their best to continue the Uchiha legacy via mixing wonderful parenting techniques and the best genetic stock available to Konoha. With the destruction of the Uchiha clan, it made complete and utter sense for Sauske to mate with a enthralled woman who possess a split personality. Sasuke and Sakura were loving parents, they did their best to truly mess up Salad for Salad's own sake, to help unlock the emo Uchiha potential that lies dormant in Salad

    It is due to Shizune's brainwashing, as well as the interference of that damn pig Tonton that Salad turned out ... kinda normal. Damn them

    (What was said above may be containing a little sarcasm and a little jest )
    Don't forget everyone's favorite water boy ****ing up his attempt at playing Jerry Springer. Okay so maybe the reason why I like Salad is because everyone involved in her backstory is someone I like as well. I really like Suigetsu because he's so...not involved in any of the stupid ninja bull**** and just wants to have a cool sword.

    And then he interns at Orochimaru's scienceman but he's still just slightly stupid enough to not realize that an "exact genetic match" means it's Salad's umbelical cord and not Sakura's.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ramza00's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    So Boruto the Movie came out in Japan on bluray this week (7/6/2016) so we may see a fan sub of this soon. (note it will cover much of the same starting material of the boruto the manga until the manga catches up with the movie and then moves the story further down.)

    But one of the things about Boruto the Movie is that they had an OVA animated version of the two parter manga "The Day Naruto Became 7th Hokage" it has already been fansub and you can find it on several video sharing sites on the internet.

    Watching it, all I can do is feel sorry for Naruto. Here is a normal guy, with normal parenting problems, and children while wonderful are also pure EVIL at times.

    Watching this OVA should be mandatory prior to every Father's and Mother's day. We as former kids, or still kids / teens sometimes do not understand what we do to our parents at times.

    Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    news flash guys there is enough material to jump start whole clan with name of shin uchiha bastard has enough clones to basiclly make whole clan by self and by the way forget the orochi brat put shin uchiha in their team
    Shin Uchiha was not an uchiha actually but instead had transplanted organs and/or dna. It is not clear if he would pass down the uchiha dna to his descendants.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Haven't read the Orochimaru side story, but have read the new Bort. So yeah, new chapter!
    Whats the name of the story?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ramza00's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Whats the name of the story?
    Naruto Gaiden The Road Illuminated by the Full Moon
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Just wanted to toss in an interesting fic One Small Kindness. Its actually a mikoto uchiha based story, Sasukes mom comes to pick him up from his first day at the academy, decides to let him play with Naruto instead of yanking him away and history changes dramatically. Its primarily based around the setup for the uchiha massacre.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Chunin Exam stars! Gaara's new design is awful and all of their kids seem really ****ty people. Bort would of lost if not for Mitsuki's snake arms and Salad's...ninja parkour gear, of all things. But during capture the flag he resorts to using the tech gauntlet and that is bad.

    Also, Naruto continues to be a genuinely awful father, and Salad shows that she's very willfully trying to avoid walking the path Sasuke did. Nice. Mitsuki continues to basically just be a throwaway snake child.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Chunin Exam stars! Gaara's new design is awful and all of their kids seem really ****ty people. Bort would of lost if not for Mitsuki's snake arms and Salad's...ninja parkour gear, of all things. But during capture the flag he resorts to using the tech gauntlet and that is bad.

    Also, Naruto continues to be a genuinely awful father, and Salad shows that she's very willfully trying to avoid walking the path Sasuke did. Nice. Mitsuki continues to basically just be a throwaway snake child.
    by the way did any one saw kurama pulling his part one self while bort doing someting like naruto

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    and all of their kids seem really ****ty people
    Of course they are, they are kids..

    Though regarding Naruto, i dont think he is being nearly as bad a father as some of the others we have seen in the previous generation. He is extremely busy though, but thats mainly due to his position.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Of course they are, they are kids..

    Though regarding Naruto, i dont think he is being nearly as bad a father as some of the others we have seen in the previous generation. He is extremely busy though, but thats mainly due to his position.
    and he is using shadow clone jutsu 24 /7 if you watch the movie he dispell the clone instant he heard we are closing the program sentence from anouncer

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Gaara's new design is awful
    Oh, I'm not the only one thinking so, good.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Just caught up on the whole manga... Really not sure if I'll bother to continue, though. I mean, yeah, Sarada is not terrible but apart from that... Boruto is a pain and I hope this is intentional and we are not meant to like him...
    I also honestly wonder what Naruto's problem is. a) he's not smart enough to do any actual Hokage work, leave that to Shika and people with a brain. b) he can make like a thousand clones. Who are basically identical. Why have one of them attend to his family, if at all. You effing know what it's like to not have your dad around.
    This is another case of Kishi doing something awfully convoluted to create drama.

    Oh, also, ninja weapons are evil and forbidden because... well, I guess Kishi realizes the consequences of making weapons of mass destruction available to anyone. Is scientist guy going to be a big bad?

    New Lee already got kicked out of the tournament, such a shame... And what kind of a weird first exam was that? "Give up or not?" Uhm, okay... that's the lesson people will learn from such a trick question, sure.

    What I do like... the chapters seem to tie up their respective story parts well enough.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Of course they are, they are kids..

    Though regarding Naruto, i dont think he is being nearly as bad a father as some of the others we have seen in the previous generation. He is extremely busy though, but thats mainly due to his position.
    Well yes but I mean their designs are kinda...meh, as well? They basically seem like "We're like team Gaara of the past only thing time it's because we're edgelords and not because one of us has an evil racoon inside of him that makes him carve Love into his forehead and kill people.

    Also I'll be honest, Naruto isn't a bad father at all. He's just...the president of a country who's overwhelmed by the fact that hey guess what dumb tiny orange ninja child, being the president is a HARD JOB. Ninja President Chip Zanuff doesn't have enough time to even HAVE kids, let alone spend time with them. What made you think youj could? This is the guy who went "I wanna be the Hokage!" and when he did, he realized...****, this is actually a really rough job especially after you win the day so hard that there's almost no point to fighting anymore.

    Naruto's basically doing the best he can.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Oh, I'm not the only one thinking so, good.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Just caught up on the whole manga... Really not sure if I'll bother to continue, though. I mean, yeah, Sarada is not terrible but apart from that... Boruto is a pain and I hope this is intentional and we are not meant to like him...
    I also honestly wonder what Naruto's problem is. a) he's not smart enough to do any actual Hokage work, leave that to Shika and people with a brain. b) he can make like a thousand clones. Who are basically identical. Why have one of them attend to his family, if at all. You effing know what it's like to not have your dad around.
    This is another case of Kishi doing something awfully convoluted to create drama.

    Oh, also, ninja weapons are evil and forbidden because... well, I guess Kishi realizes the consequences of making weapons of mass destruction available to anyone. Is scientist guy going to be a big bad?

    New Lee already got kicked out of the tournament, such a shame... And what kind of a weird first exam was that? "Give up or not?" Uhm, okay... that's the lesson people will learn from such a trick question, sure.

    What I do like... the chapters seem to tie up their respective story parts well enough.
    We are almost 100% certainly supposed to hate the **** out of Bort for being an annoying little **** child. He's like Sasuke if he was the protagonist, but was INTENTIONALLY made insufferable for a plot point instead of just being accidentally annoying.

    That said you're right Kishimoto is smart enough to realize "hey technology has capsulized ninja technique that are akin to wmds that's probably not good. I just hope he plays it right.

    I'll admit Naruto being smart with what he actually uses his clones for might be a good idea, but given he's no longer got the fox inside of him I think it makes sense that he, in his older age, isn't able to go for as long as he does now.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Underworld
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    no longer got the fox inside of him
    Um, one: If that were the case he'd be dead, and two: in Naruto Gaiden, where we first see Sarada's issues with Sasuke, Naruto uses Kurama Mode(jmaybe Kurama sage mode) when fighting Shin. He kind of needs Kurama for that.

    Remember, there are two Kuramas now because of Minato ripping him in half before he sealed him.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here.

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Um, one: If that were the case he'd be dead, and two: in Naruto Gaiden, where we first see Sarada's issues with Sasuke, Naruto uses Kurama Mode(jmaybe Kurama sage mode) when fighting Shin. He kind of needs Kurama for that.

    Remember, there are two Kuramas now because of Minato ripping him in half before he sealed him.
    Right I forgot he had the other half inside of him. Still it does make a degree of sense that he's weaker due to age, right?


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Underworld
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Right I forgot he had the other half inside of him. Still it does make a degree of sense that he's weaker due to age, right?
    Uzumaki clan has exceptionally strong "Life chakras" that mean that they live for a far longer time then normal, so no he's probably still in the Prime of his Youth unless he got majorly screwed up and had to rapidly regenerate several times(which shortens his life.)

    The only way he'd be weaker is if he's out of practice, which is a fair assumption to make--The world has been at peace for over a decade and he's been working a desk job for a while. Not a lot of chances to stretch his legs, so to speak.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here.

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Uzumaki clan has exceptionally strong "Life chakras" that mean that they live for a far longer time then normal, so no he's probably still in the Prime of his Youth unless he got majorly screwed up and had to rapidly regenerate several times(which shortens his life.)

    The only way he'd be weaker is if he's out of practice, which is a fair assumption to make--The world has been at peace for over a decade and he's been working a desk job for a while. Not a lot of chances to stretch his legs, so to speak.
    Yeah, I think I said that as well.

    Speaking of stretching, both Mitsuki and Salad have some sort of rope like ability. Do you think Bort'll get one as well?


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yeah, I think I said that as well.

    Speaking of stretching, both Mitsuki and Salad have some sort of rope like ability. Do you think Bort'll get one as well?
    he get kurama chakra grab like naruto v2 cloak ( check the early naruto and bolt you see same scene with kurama faking sleep( so we can say naruto sealed other half in kids))

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Hey there's a new Bort out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chunin exam continues. Fighting that is boring, but bubblegum bomb ninja is interesting. More cheating by Bort, and Naruto tries to be a good dad but is bad at it. Then he discovers his cheating.

    Meanwhile, the harbingers of plot and bad writing approach...


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hey there's a new Bort out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chunin exam continues. Fighting that is boring, but bubblegum bomb ninja is interesting. More cheating by Bort, and Naruto tries to be a good dad but is bad at it. Then he discovers his cheating.

    Meanwhile, the harbingers of plot and bad writing approach...
    Its a ninja exam,
    Spoiler
    Show
    if you cheat and get away with it, that should get you extra credit. Naruto only passed the first stage of HIS exam by exploiting a loophole. Some would consider not answering a single question and yet passing anyways to be cheating, even if he didnt do it on purpose. Someone wrote it in a fanfic once and I really liked it, "If it is not forbidden it is allowed, and for a ninja its only cheating if you get caught"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Its a ninja exam,
    Spoiler
    Show
    if you cheat and get away with it, that should get you extra credit. Naruto only passed the first stage of HIS exam by exploiting a loophole. Some would consider not answering a single question and yet passing anyways to be cheating, even if he didnt do it on purpose. Someone wrote it in a fanfic once and I really liked it, "If it is not forbidden it is allowed, and for a ninja its only cheating if you get caught"
    Spoiler
    Show

    Yeah but he cheated in a bad way, if that makes sense? He just used technology to be good, without any actual skill involved. He'd of been out in every round if he didn't have friends who are actually just good ninjas.

    One could argue Naruto was the same way but at least he TRIED.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

    Yeah but he cheated in a bad way, if that makes sense? He just used technology to be good, without any actual skill involved. He'd of been out in every round if he didn't have friends who are actually just good ninjas.

    One could argue Naruto was the same way but at least he TRIED.
    True enough.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •