The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

This makes me glad I finished the series with the manga.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, pacing did get ridiculous.

though one of the problems I think fourth shinobi war has is that for some reason there was just a bunch of new setting ideas suddenly introduced at the end that aren't a 1:1 matchup with everything else in the series. or weren't entirely explained well.

like, the reincarnation and Hagoromo's chakra ghost thing, why Indra and Asura specifically? can there be more people doing this? is it just some technique they never taught anyone else?

or all these facts like that Indra was the one to invent hand seals, that Hagoromo sealed away Kaguya, that apparently Hagoromo made this big religion spread everywhere throughout the world and somehow everyone forgot about its teachings? one would think this all would be very big historical stuff you learn about, even if its ancient history that has nothing to do with modern day problems I feel this is all stuff that would still be required reading in some history class, not kept secret. or that at least, the Ninshuu religion would know all this as their mythology they pass down and carry on the Sage's moral teachings even if they forgot the art of Ninshuu itself for Ninjutsu.

or how apparently, the Uchiha, Senju and Uzumaki bloodlines have existed for apparently a thousand years about, enough time for the rinnegan to be considered a myth, yet these clans have never mixed their blood and accidentally had some random rinnegan child from some forbidden tryst or marriage alliance that could've ended with betrayal anyways? and why didn't Orochimaru with his genetic engineering just steal DNA from both clans and made a forbidden jutsu to combine the DNA into some custom made test tube child for his own purposes? because lets be honest, we know Ororchimaru was aiming for the rinnegan all along, thats the only explanation as to why he both experimented on Yamato and was trying for an Uchiha, he somehow knew that he needed to do all this to get the best eyes for what he wanted.
    and what other bloodline- or eye combinations are out there!? have they never had weird combinations of bastard childs popping up and suddenly doing some weird no one can explain?

oh and Kekkei Toutas, we only ever got one: Dust Release. what about the other potential three-element releases? absolutely nothing. not even in theory. I have my own fanon ideas but y'know...would be nice to know what other combinations are possible....

also, Ninshuu: no techniques from this? its supposed to be for peaceful purposes and such, we never got anything to expand on that concept? why? there is no details on it! its mentioned then ignored as a thing when y'know, I'd very much like to see Ninshuu as an actual thing before Indra made his hand seal ninjutsu innovation, what Hagoromo was teaching them and really aiming for before Indra hijacked that train.

or how the Tailed Beasts never told anyone of their history for like, what 60-80 maybe 100 years while imprisoned for the villages? you'd think that they'd get bored enough to talk about it once in a while. like shouldn't there at least be warnings from the ninjas around to the jinchuuriki "by the way, the tailed beast will speak any lie they can to try and help escape and claim ridiculous things like knowing the sage of the six paths to trick you, don't listen to them."

just a lot of things that being introduced so late, don't really match up with things that happened earlier, or never really got explored even there is ample room to explore them in a new series without more bunny aliens from space/other dimensions involved.

speaking of other dimensions: are the summons from other dimensions or not? given how they need summoning to get here, thats what I assume, that all the frogs and talking animals are actually smart alien animals from different dimensions and that the contracts just summons with beings and dimensions they currently know of, but its not really explained. because they are in there since OG Naruto, so that weirdness can't be blamed on Fourth Shinobi War.
    The reincarnation aspect just seemed to me to be more gutting of the series original thing which was hard work and determination beats fate and bloodlines. Oh wait, PSYCH! You were destined all along to be capable of these things due to how history unfolded!

1000 years of constant warfare that only in the last 100 or so settled down to the point where actual villages could be a thing that exist means a LOT of information gets lost. Clans are wiped out, records get destroyed, peaceful pursuits are abandoned in favor of melting enemy faces for survival, etc etc etc. I found it fairly reasonable, if a bit compressed for it to have faded into barely even myth. And for even clans like the uchiha to barely have any record of this stuff in their most secret of locations.

I also agree its unlikely, but considering, again, the state of ancient enmity between the uchiha and the senju especially, and how every clan was warring against every clan until, again, like the last 100 years or so, AND that the rinnegan isnt some sort of certain thing to happen any time they mix, I can see it taking this long to happen. As for orochimaru, I think at the time the mix of uchiha and senju dna was done to strengthen the sharingan and make it easier to use. The rinnegan was myth, but they DID learn the senju bloodline made your body strong enough to fully use a bloodline not your own. Also, wood release was clearly an absurdly strong bloodline on its own, hashirama proved that very eloquently, so of course orochimaru wanted to create child soldiers with it under his command.

Wasnt crystal release a thing? Or was that filler only? or even fanon? But imo its probably a lack of reason to keep adding these things in that we didnt see more. its not like we saw every possible combination of TWO elements either.

Wasnt ninshu basically all about connecting people together? If so every naruto fist bump was ninshu as he dragged people into his mental landscape and had conferences with the various bijuu and such.

The bijuu hated the people they were forcibly sealed into. Why would they tell their life history? Up until B, it was basically unheard of for anyone to have a true partnership with their bijuu so at best we had total subjugation and control, which doesnt lend itself to history lessons.

Yeah summons are strange, and the funny thing is, had kishi gone early on with the "Yep, other dimensions are a thing and they come from there" explanation, it would have primed the pump from the start to the idea of other dimensional enemies showing up to cause issues. Like, oh I dunno, KAGUYA?!?!?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #903
    Colossus in the Playground

The intent of summons was that they're just smart animals. Spirits, I guess. Some were talkative, some were not. It is definitely an early installment weirdness thing, yeah.

Legend of Trains Avatar by Pinkhaired August. Choo choo!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

On the Reincarnation thing: Naruto and Sasuke aren't literally Ashura and Indra reincarnated.

It's the brother's chakra that reincarnates into the descendant who is most like them, not their souls.

Naruto isn't Ashura. Naruto inherited Ashura's chakra becuase he was born a no-talent loser whose only starting advantages were a huge liability(the Nine-Tails) and something that is completely useless in most practical matters and in his case at best minimizes one of the many drawbacks of the Nine-tails power(the Uzumaki clan bloodline of "living for a long-ass time.") but managed to train and become stronger and make firneds and become stronger becuase of and for their sake.

Since NAruto's like was most similar to Indra--a No-Talent Loser who made a lot of friends and worked hard to become strong with their help--he inherited Ashura's immortal chakra.

Sasuke, as an Uchiha prodigy who started strong and got stronger while also turning into a jerkass becuase 'Ashura' got something he wanted(in this case, Naruto being targeted by Itachi) and who went increasingly closer to the darkside, was most similar to Indra and inherited Indra's chakra.

Think about it: The First Hokage was the last person, before Naruto, to be Ashura's Transmigration. If it was literally Reincarnation, then HAshirama couldn't have been brought back with Edo Tensei while Naruto was alive becuase his soul would be occupied.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Troll in the Playground

What Rater said. The rules of reincarnation are different than other rules of reincarnation.

The chakra reincarnates if your personality which is not assigned at birth in Naruto land. If your personality is similar enough [though not identical] to the personality of Indra or Asura, and you are specifically a genetic descendant of Indra or Asura. Your soul is not reincarnating, but instead your chakra profile becomes similar enough due to genetics and personality [and in Naruto personality is shaped by hard work] that the chakra profile latches onto you.

This is similar to the Egyptian idea of the Royal Ka, where the Royal Ka is an aspect of the soul (the Egyptians believed there were multiple aspects of the soul) and when a Pharaoh / King is crowned [which the gods influence who becomes king] then the Royal Ka aspect of soul will enter the king at that moment, like a binder in 3.5 can create a vestige binding into themselves.

In Ancient Egyptian ideals this explains how different kings may not be from the same bloodline as the previous Egyptian king, it also explains why a 3 year old does not have the Royal Ka, but when the same person becomes king at 12 or 30 or 50 or 60 suddenly they are more than they were at the 3 year old self.

Think about it: The First Hokage was the last person, before Naruto, to be Ashura's Transmigration. If it was literally Reincarnation, then HAshirama couldn't have been brought back with Edo Tensei while Naruto was alive becuase his soul would be occupied.
    I am not going to track this down but this is specifically said at various times during the manga between people like Sasuke and Madara. They are not the same, they are not the same point of view, nor are they same souls between Sasuke and Madara. No there is just something that is in common between them, but they are not literally each other reborn with a memory wipe, no they just have some compatibility with Indra.

So yeah what Rater said.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

6. - Top - End - #906

It's still completely shattering the "hard work and determination is what makes you strong, not bloodline limits and destiny".

Also, there doesn't feel to be any significant difference between "inherited their chakra" and "reincarnated them", and I don't believe there's any in universe sources that say that's true. The idea that there being more than one "soul" active at a time is also incorrect, because like... that's not how reincarnation works on a spirituality level. Time is immaterial and non existent to a soul, you can interact with someone who you will later be, or once were. That's the entire point of it. You don't enter into a new shell to pilot for a couple years, you are reborn at some place and some time, sometimes before and sometimes after your previous life, and go through the cycle again.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

"My descendant, you have proven that you are hardworking and determined and so have inherited the power of my son, who cultivated this power by Hard work and determination."

I fail to see how that ruins the idea that the key to success is hard work and determination.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "My descendant, you have proven that you are hardworking and determined and so have inherited the power of my son, who cultivated this power by Hard work and determination."

I fail to see how that ruins the idea that the key to success is hard work and determination.
    "But, if you weren't my descendant we wouldn't be having this conversation."
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's still completely shattering the "hard work and determination is what makes you strong, not bloodline limits and destiny".

Also, there doesn't feel to be any significant difference between "inherited their chakra" and "reincarnated them", and I don't believe there's any in universe sources that say that's true. The idea that there being more than one "soul" active at a time is also incorrect, because like... that's not how reincarnation works on a spirituality level. Time is immaterial and non existent to a soul, you can interact with someone who you will later be, or once were. That's the entire point of it. You don't enter into a new shell to pilot for a couple years, you are reborn at some place and some time, sometimes before and sometimes after your previous life, and go through the cycle again.

It is both, simultaneously. I love and adore Kishimoto who has written a story that is probably superior to any I could write if I could dedicate 40 to 80 hours a week to writting.

But Kishimoto failed at threading this needle and explaining how it is both. Rater (who is echoing my opinion) is trying to say that Naruto unlocked his potential, and the potential existed in all the Senju descendents if they could align themselves to the beliefs and ideals of Asura. To explain what Kishimoto was trying to describe but failed to do so in his narrative we need to craft an alternative narrative of how Kishimoto could have told the story.

For example a Ōtsutsuki gaiden oneshot that is the length of 3 to 6 chapters. In this oneshot show Asura past and Indra's past. And in that comic that immediately comes after the oneshot that is part of the main story, show Naruto unlocking Asura chakra should have been a series of puzzles that Naruto was subconsciously unlocking throughout his lifetime.

Like finding a set of keys and creating a connection / bond with those keys during his life, and then suddenly Naruto combination locked with adopting similar ideals through his own unique Naruto experiences, Naruto's chakra became similar to Asura chakra. Naruto's chakra became similar to Asura chakra, much like how via empathy and theory of mind one can understand another person's experience without living another person's experience directly. And through this empathy Naruto unlocked a hidden potential that no one realized was there but it was always there.

Likewise the Ōtsutsuki gaiden oneshot also shows Indra's past and through Indra's life experience he recognizes the limits of bonds, and instead developed a deeper spiritual awakening with his own soul. That bonds and empathy may be good but one must also develop ones internal power in order to protect the things one cares about, the things that one loves. Indra in the end was able to become strong but this strength did not make Indra happy for he could not protect the people he loved, even though the strength he did create did protect the people he loved some of the time, and also was a source of internal strength. Indra though he became strong learned to hate the world that he also loved for the world is not as it should be, and that is a tension that will always exist in this material reality. Love and Hatred are tied to loss, to pain, to suffering, and it is the other end of the coin contrasted with growth and connection; and that is okay.

Well after the Ōtsutsuki gaiden oneshot show that Sasuke was also unlocking the Indra combination lock, and becoming more like Indra in outlook and beliefs. The potential was always there but to access it one must solve the "puzzle" of another person's mind and that requires theory of mind and a type of empathy.

-----

After doing said oneshot then you have these two people have a sudden power up, and while they are the reincarnation of the two brothers, they are not the two brothers, but someone who can understand the two brothers for their life experiences are similar, yet not the exact same. They walked in the two brother's shoes close enough that they can inherit the brothers powers without training or having a perfect recreation of the bloodline with the exact same parents.

And it is this time that the Sage of the Sixth Paths show themselves to Naruto and Sasuke. They can hear the father's voice which is not their dad, for the Sage of the Sixth Paths was trying to communicate to his sons over time and space. Hagoromo when he realizes Naruto and Sasuke can hear them then realizes these are not his sons and he is okay with that and then he explains to them the challenge they will face with both sealing his mother (or remove that storyline entirely and keep Madara), but also explain they must decide what they do with their lives irregardless of inheriting each other's brother's chakra and Hagoromo is only human and thus there may not be a right or wrong answer of how to settle this conflict.

But that indentation story I told is not what Kishomoto wrote, and it may be something similar but not identical to what Kishomoto intended, but the final product of Naruto in the end echos LaZodiac. It felt like a power up that was unearned, and not explained how Naruto and Sasuke kind of did earn it, and the power up seems to contradict the previous stories.

There are multiple ways of telling stories and the indentation is not the only way but one way of many that could harmonized inheriting someone else chakra, and being an ideological (but not soul) reincarnation. The final product to some with Naruto is unsatisfactory in parts, because what Kishomoto wrote is partly unsatisfactory (and that is okay.) While other people can love and adore it for while individual parts are unsatisfactory most of the rest of the story is satisfactory and reaffirms things we identify with as humans.

\_(ツ)_/

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    "But, if you weren't my descendant we wouldn't be having this conversation."
    The Sage and his Brother lived over a thousand years ago.

If the Naruto world has a population comparable to the real world, then roughly two-fifths of the world population are their descendants.

It could have just as easily been Itachi and Karin who gained Indra and Ashura's chakra. Or Nagato and Obito.

If things had gone differently, none of the known Uzumaki would have gotten Ashura's chakra becuase Tsunade would have had it.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

The Sage and his Brother lived over a thousand years ago.

If the Naruto world has a population comparable to the real world, then roughly two-fifths of the world population are their descendants.

It could have just as easily been Itachi and Karin who gained Indra and Ashura's chakra. Or Nagato and Obito.

If things had gone differently, none of the known Uzumaki would have gotten Ashura's chakra because Tsunade would have had it.
    Nods and we also know in the Naruto world [which is different than our world] another way to spread chakra is not just sexual reproduction, you can impart it into others like Obito and Kakashi, but also other numerous examples.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

So Boruto Anime spoilers for an episode I have not watched and I will not watch but some people have opinions about it.

Spoiler: Boruto Episode 133
    Show

So they are doing a time travel arc in Boruto and thus Boruto gets to see people from Naruto's time such as Jirarya. Well something happen and while time traveling the Ōtsutsuki that Boruto and Sasuke are fighting stabbed Jirarya in the middle of episode 133, and it was also in episode 133 of Shippuden when Jiraiya died.

I guess Rinnegan attacks are super effective against Toad Princes, even if the Toad Prince is a sage.

Sidenote I just realized that all the Otsutsuki members are liches of some form. Either they create Karma vessels as in Boruto, or they live through their chakra till their descendents trigger them appearing, and sometimes they reincarnate through this method. This includes Asura and Indra lich chakra.

They are even worse alien parasites than that RWBY character Ozma!

Does this mean Black Zetsu was a Karma?
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-11-24 at 09:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #913

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    So Boruto Anime spoilers for an episode I have not watched and I will not watch but some people have opinions about it.

Spoiler: Boruto Episode 133
    Show

So they are doing a time travel arc in Boruto and thus Boruto gets to see people from Naruto's time such as Jirarya. Well some people are made for the Ōtsutsuki that Boruto and Sasuke are fighting stabbed Jirarya in episode 133, and it was also in episode 133 of Shippuden when Jiraiya died.

I guess Rinnegan attacks are super effective against Toad Princes, even if the Toad Prince is a sage.

Sidenote I just realized that all the Otsutsuki members are liches of some form. Either they create Karma vessels as in Boruto, or they live through their chakra till their descendents trigger them appearing, and sometimes they reincarnate through this method. This includes Asura and Indra lich chakra.

They are even worse alien parasites than that RWBY character Ozma!

Does this mean Black Zetsu was a Karma?
    God Boruto is going to go off the deep end. I wonder how the manga will react to some of this...

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

God Boruto is going to go off the deep end. I wonder how the manga will react to some of this...
    To my understanding this is in between stuff much like Star Wars 1 and 2 and then 2 and 3 had things like The Clone Wars in between stories.

Time Travel in my Naruto works better as movies in my opinion, aka stuff we know is not canon but we are just here for a silly ride to watch in Netflix or whatever streaming service.

15. - Top - End - #915

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    To my understanding this is in between stuff much like Star Wars 1 and 2 and then 2 and 3 had things like The Clone Wars in between stories.
    Right like with that one random girl at the science ninja lab who was secretly an arc villain but then was okay after she was beaten or something?

God no wonder Samurai 8 sucks so bad.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

Right like with that one random girl at the science ninja lab who was secretly an arc villain but then was okay after she was beaten or something?

God no wonder Samurai 8 sucks so bad.
    speaking of which that funnyly happened in boruto one of the girls in science ninja lab indead was the big bad of her anime arc so please do not try divination under influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

17. - Top - End - #917

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    speaking of which that funnyly happened in boruto one of the girls in science ninja lab indead was the big bad of her anime arc so please do not try divination under influence.
    Khadgar please I was specifically... talking about that person.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I've been quite enjoying the time travel arc in Boruto, more than I expected I would. Boruto is at its best when exploring the relationship he has with Naruto, and him seeing Naruto as a kid has brought out some pretty cool moments.

I also quite like that it highlights just how different they are. It's easy to look at Boruto as being just like Naruto was as a kid, but when you see them side-by-side the difference in personality really shows.

Using Naruto music for the arc was a great choice too.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I've been quite enjoying the time travel arc in Boruto, more than I expected I would. Boruto is at its best when exploring the relationship he has with Naruto, and him seeing Naruto as a kid has brought out some pretty cool moments.

I also quite like that it highlights just how different they are. It's easy to look at Boruto as being just like Naruto was as a kid, but when you see them side-by-side the difference in personality really shows.

Using Naruto music for the arc was a great choice too.
    I agree that I like this arc as well. And Boruto discovering how things were seems to be cleaning up his personality. At the very least it's reducing his brattyness day by day, if only a little bit at a time.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Bleakbane Catches Up With Naruto

Okay, looks like we have an exciting three-episode flashback (at least...) to look foward today, without the mollifiying factor of Sexy-jutus-finally-worked...

Ashura and Indra and The Tumultuous Journey and Ashura's Decision

Ponderous exposition, too, to the point there's very little to say about the individual episodes seperately here.

Indra is a genius who invents ninjutsu and Ashura...isn't.

Black Zetsu cons Indra into activating his sharingan, and Indra slides right off the cliff like all of his decendants will.

Hagoromo decides it is a good idea to send his genius-but-clearly-crazy son and his feckless-but-heart-in-right-place son off to two problem areas left in the wake of the Kaggy Fight to fix the problems therein, and then he'll decide which his successor is.

Showing absolutely NO bias whatsoever at all, we spend the next two episodes with Ashura while ho goes to his village, a lush place in the middle of a barren wasteland near a bit of the Divine Tree. After some prodding around, he discovers through a young lass who is clearly destined to be the founder of the Hyuuga clan that the villagers are dying of a disease he can't cure. Which, to no-one's surprise, turns out to be caused by the Celestial Shrub. The villager elder actually knew, but it was a choice between no water, because they couldn't dig a well or the Divine Tree, since apparently the very thought of leaving moving somewhere else is crazy moon-speech, because its not like in an age of barely-double-digit number villages, there is CLEARLY no available space to go...

Amnyway, Ashura decides to use ninshu to dig a well (I mean, I guess the Divine Tree must be getting water from somewhere, but there's no reason to assume that the water table isn't stupid-far down and won't stay there, but fine) and eventually, after a year's graft, they open the well, which immeidately turns into some sort of upwelling spring, because that's how geology works (*sigh*) and he heads home, confident in that taking his sweet-arse time, Hagoromo will have chosen Indra as his sucessor Just As Ashura Planned.

Joke's on him, though, I ndra's been forced to wait nearly an entire year for him to come back. (We are not told what Indra did, we only had a half-minute scene of him and a load of villagrs standing in front of what was clearly another Divine Tree fragment and him sayin something on the lines "you will never come to an agreement," in which later context would presume us to assume he Did A Murdering of some scale of half or all of the villager as he "restored peace.")

And they all gather to hear Hagoromo's answer. And the sucessor is... Look, come on show, it's clearly Ashura. The one-sided portrayal as Indra as a psychopath whose going to go berserk when he's passed over because he has no people skills basically set him up and a straw man. This is the problem with this bit - there really IS no tension, since it's painfully obvious from the get-go where this is going. For once, the execution does NOT save the concept from predicatability.

But the show insists on dragging it out for at least another episode, because of course it does, before revealing the answer.

Even though it is INSTANTLY obvious from the "next time" section from the visuals that Indra is being passed over, clearly kills someone (probably Ashura) and Goes Bananas, so money is not on him, y'know.

Guh.

Still better than Pain's backstory, or those episodes with Dismally Emo Sasuke, so I guess there's that...

(But dull exposition in the middle of the climax - for like, at least four episodes, right after a good three episode of same - is just mind-boggling, more so, since the show has never actually done that before right in the middle of the action like this...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-12-03 at 09:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Joke's on him, though, I ndra's been forced to wait nearly an entire year for him to come back. (We are not told what Indra did, we only had a half-minute scene of him and a load of villagrs standing in front of what was clearly another Divine Tree fragment and him sayin something on the lines "you will never come to an agreement," in which later context would presume us to assume he Did A Murdering of some scale of half or all of the villager as he "restored peace.")
    It's been a while since I watched it, but the impression I remember getting is that he unilaterally burned the Tree fragment, used his jutsu expertise to essentially conjure up a giant lake of water for them, and called it a day. For the people there, it was essentially a walking deus ex machina showing up out of nowhere and magically fixing things, and then he left and they went right back to their previous lives, just with one less problem.

The difference that mattered for how Ashura did it is that he fostered cooperation and unity among the villagers. Indra fixed the obvious surface-level problem, but left a still-fractured village of people who didn't get along with each other very well. Ashura fixed the deeper problem in the process of solving the obvious problem, leaving a united village of people who worked together and helped each other out, and many of them chose to come with him on his return trip because of how he earned their trust and respect.

The philosophy of Ninshu was all about people coming together in peace and harmony, etc., so this difference in methods demonstrated that Ashura was much more in tune with what Ninshu was all about, while Indra had mostly missed the point and just saw the power that an expert wielder of chakra could achieve.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    It's been a while since I watched it, but the impression I remember getting is that he unilaterally burned the Tree fragment, used his jutsu expertise to essentially conjure up a giant lake of water for them, and called it a day. For the people there, it was essentially a walking deus ex machina showing up out of nowhere and magically fixing things, and then he left and they went right back to their previous lives, just with one less problem.

The difference that mattered for how Ashura did it is that he fostered cooperation and unity among the villagers. Indra fixed the obvious surface-level problem, but left a still-fractured village of people who didn't get along with each other very well. Ashura fixed the deeper problem in the process of solving the obvious problem, leaving a united village of people who worked together and helped each other out, and many of them chose to come with him on his return trip because of how he earned their trust and respect.

The philosophy of Ninshu was all about people coming together in peace and harmony, etc., so this difference in methods demonstrated that Ashura was much more in tune with what Ninshu was all about, while Indra had mostly missed the point and just saw the power that an expert wielder of chakra could achieve.
    oooh, that fits perfectly well with the naruto character I'm roleplaying in a game, the Indra part. because most of the time, it seems half the problems of the Naruto world are due to people not having any idea how social skills work, or the real value of such skills. they just gather jutsu power and focus on how they physically solve it all.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25!

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Just watched the latest Boruto episode.
    Spoiler: Latest Boruto Episode Thoughts
    Show
    GOD! They could have done that so much better! It really felt like halfway through making this episode the writers were like, "Okay, we're bored of this, we're just going to end it now." And that point was the worst editing I have ever seen in a long time. You had 3 minutes of the camera cutting to each person individually, close up, them staring at the camera, while trying to have a conversation between 1 of 2 different people directly, and also trying to pay attention to fox Naruto having a fight with fishing pole guy, without changing position or even moving their head. And what they were saying did NOT match up with what the next person said, or really even make sense. It was like they had the interns edit and put together the last part of a fight between a new villian that was obviously filler from the start, and then disposed of just as quickly. It didn't even feel satisfying to see fishing pole guy die! I was basically left with the feeling of 'What just happened?' Not because I didn't understand what happened, I did. It was typical 'love finds a way' and 'our powers combined and we shall captain planet this to victory'. Even with Jiraya and Sasuke pulling a vegeta and hitting the fishing pole guy while he was locked in his tug of war with the father-son Kamehameha Rasengan, I was standing there stunned trying to figure out what I just watched.

This part of the fight should have been atleast another 2-3 episodes or fleshed out and paced MUCH better. Also, konohameru and co. got the main cast of other fellow leaf ninja, and they devoted precious time to us watching them do their "We need help" thing, and then nothing became of it. Why did they do that? What was the point? "We're going to save naruto" and then proceed to not show up, when clearly the kono and co. managed to get back to town and find help in the form of what they did find in the time it took for the fight to half conclude. What was the point of that? This really should have been extended an episode or 2. Imagine if fishing pole guy having to fight literally the entire original gang of Naruto attacking together to overwhelm his super-powered butt! But instead, we have a 1-tailed naruto, a Boruto who has used quite a lot of chakra himself somehow managed a gigantic Rasengan, play who's the strongest with the guy who was cheapshotted by a guy with a hole in his shoulder and thoroughly beaten up for the entirety of the episode, and a guy who would have died if not for his future wife half-healing him! And that's another thing, Sasuke wasn't really healed. He was healed enough to regain conciousness, but this Sakura would have to be at the start of her healing training and should have in no way been able to make him in enough fighting form to go toe-to-toe with Freeza's final form! She is no where close to Dende's level yet! (Also, got a really weird creeped out vibe with Girl Sakura passed out on Adult Sasuke's lap. Not sure if anyone else felt that way too.)

All-in-all. Not a good episode. And not a good way to pass on a filler season arc, for a filler villian, that you have been building up on us for all this time, essentially wasting our time needlessly. Hell, I liked Mass Effect 3's original ending better then what I just watched!

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Okay! More backstory! Are we actually going to get more backstory than the actual final boss battle! Probably!

The Successor

The successor is... Ashura, to the surprise only of the character in the show and literally no-one else!

Indra takes it about as well as expected for a Sharingan crazy, murderin' his two best mates to get his manky-yo-yo.

Figthing Happens, during which creative bankrupcy allows Ashura to use a sort of enhanced form of rasangan-thingy and thus totally devalue both Minato and Naruto's special jutsu by making it something that had happened before, excellent.

*eyeglow roll*

Oh, that's where the whole hundred-hands statue thing came from...

Hagromo dies of old age (well, that's sort of surprising), but feels he failed in his objectives. Well... Honestly? Indra's not wrong about his naiveity. As long as humans REMAIN humans, unless you achieve a level of control to ensure they can't be [expletives] by standing over their shoulders with a big stick, they'll ALWAYS be [expletives], so...

And thus ends the flashback, so next episode, we can get back to...

A Special Mission

A flashback to what must be pre-chunin exams - because Sakura still has the long hair... Pre-wave, then?

Well, you did warn me...

So, this is going to be an episode where Team 7 attempt to unmask Kakashi.

Show... Show...

Did... Did you forget you already did this?

Oh, some guy, a "photographer" has shown up to help them. Yeah, that's Kakashi, isn't it?

Yup. Totally Kakashi, calling it now.

Huh. Sakura indicates they've tried this before, which would seem to be a call-back to the last episode they did this, right before the retrieval arc, but that was well-post long-hair Sakura...

And when the inflitrate, the "photographer" is apparently ex-ANBU. Totally Kakashi.

I DID wonder how three newly-minted genin manage to get into the secrey archives unseen, but as this is clearly organised by Kakashi, he will have just have told them to let them all pass, just like he will have pre-arranged the signal for the ANBU to come and catch them at the precise moment before they see his registration picture.

No, Kakashi talking to the "photographer" does't remotely prove anything, for frack's sake, we know he has shadow clone.

I can think of at least two or three ways Kakashi manages to foil them in the next attempt to catch him while he eats with a photograph, starting with carefully only taking pictures when his face is obscured by the birds (perhaps Kakashi-clones) disturbed by Kiba (perhaps Kakashi clones?)

Totally!Not!Kakashi-in-a-henge then is prepared to call it quits, but then the other genin show up (sans team Guy).

Hrm. Given that Naruto wasn't really pally with them until after the Chunin Exams, this episode doesn't know where it is...

Oh dear, though, now Shikamaru is on the case, so Kakashi is all screwed.

They get Hinata (poor, innocent Hinata) to go and tell Kakashi she's found a drowned woman (transformed Naruto) and, to Hinata's credit - because she IS a freaking ninja, after all - she doesn't bat an eyelid about it.

Kakashi checks the woman's pulse, causing Naruto to mentally cheer that Sakura's medicine worked perfectly. (Eh? Sakura didn't have ANY medical skills until after the retrieval arc started, this episode is really a bit wonky with it's continuity. You can JUST about look over it (Naruto being an unreliable narrator here for something Sakura just looked up in a library or something for this specific instance, and maybe the teams meeting up because the others were friends maybe...), but...

Anyway, Kakashi does not give the "woman" mouth-to-mouth (which is probably as well for Naruto, who clearly didn't think that through), but carries her off to the hospital.

Hijinks ensue as the other genin try to stop him (Ino manages to mind swap into a frog (perhaps another Kakashi clone) - but THEN Shikamaru catches him in Shadow Possession jutsu. Totally-not-Kakashi is even with the rookie nine as Kakashi is about to be unmasked, but them Team Guy show up, with Neji and Lee bickering about fighting. But it is Tenten who jostles Shika and makes his jutsu break, running off with a "sorry!" (Still not 100% clear this is pre or post chunin, since the nine and Guy don't actually acknowledge each other...)

Kakashi is a shadow clone! (No, really.)

They all give up at this point. "Photographer" bids the teens farewell, and wanders off

Team Guy have a quick talk with Kakashi around the corner about how close that was; now, did he work with them on that or - nope, they're all shadow clones. Which is entirely believably, Kakashi WOULD be quite familiar with them thanks to Guy and it is extremely plausible they'd do that.

"Photographer" wanders off, and is accostmed by Guy, who seems very suspicious of him. Totally Kakashi.

Back in Kakashi's house - HAH! - Kakashi... Takes out his contact lenses... And... make-up.

Huh.

Clever. Very clever. When you have access to stuff like shadow clones and transformations, you forget that there is still room for a totally non-chakra disguise smart.

And... that's his ACTUAL FACE?!?!

I...

Huh.

So it was his real face this whole episode. Okay, then.

I actually feel a little disappointed at how anti-climactic that was. The mystery was better...

Fairly meh, as filler goes, actually, despite what Rodin said earlier. Not a patch on Mecha-Naruto.

Little bit way too obvious and the one twist... Just... Eh. Wasn't that exciting, really. I kind expected rather more out of it than "it's just an ordinary face."

*shrug*

Connecting Thoughts

Oh snap, we were supposed to be saving the world, weren't we?

So, Naruto suckers Kaggy in while beign trapped and Obito plans to kamui to her nexus dimension the next time she opens it up.

Kaggy gets another punch in the kisser (HAH!) and very nearly gets an Uzumaki Barrage (NICE call0back!) and only escapes by running into her pocket dimension, with Naruto only a step behind.

She spots Naruto and she and Zetsu immediately assume it's the real one and those dispating clouds and dispelled shadow clones. Zetsu shows some sense and is like "stop trying to drain his chakra and just KILL HIM!" which they do with a form of petrfication effect. Then she sods off back to the last realm, secure in thre knowledge that WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SHADOW CLONES?!

Because, of course, it was Naruto's shadow clone, plus Sakura and Obito, who appeared and immedately hid inside Kamui space. Because, for the first time in a long while, the show has remembered to Be Clever.

Sakua and Obito team up to search through all the coterminous dimensions to find Sasuke, while Naruto attempts to hold Kaggy up.

(Y'know something? Kaggy? Ain't actually all that smart. And neither, for all his scheming, is Zetsu, at least tactically. Put all our skills into Charisma and manipulation and forgot to actually pay attention to ninja tactics in all those years, didn't we Zetsu?)

Sakura and Obtio find, and great effort, the lava realm, a realm of green pyramids (?) as sea of acid, which nearly kills them, and causes Saklura to have to ditch her jacket and get burned while she yoinks them out of the way (she refuses to heal, because they need to get this done) and then finally Sakura. Both of them are at their limit, but Sasuke is running towards the gap when it finally closes. In horror, Sakura falls back - to be caught by Sasuke, who, of course, got close enough and then substituted with Sakura's jacket, which is honestly what a few seconds earlier I was thinking "why didn't you just do that?"

So, Sasuke is rescued again, and all they have to do is get back now!

Will we get to the end of this battle? Will they be reunited? Will Kakashi do anything other than stand around like a stuffed lettuce, as is implied by the "next time?" Will we instead have an exciting flashback to the time, I dunno, the first time Tsunade met Shizune or something? Or just half-an-hour of Hiruzen sipping tea while he does paperwork? Or a whole episode of Naruto, swinging on The Swing, while other children play or meet with their families, until Iruka comes to take him to ramen or something at the end in a pointlessly maudlin Naruto-Was-Ignored spiel again? (I really wouldn't put it past the show at this point...!)

25. - Top - End - #925
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Just watched the latest Boruto episode.
    Spoiler: Latest Boruto Episode Thoughts
    Show
    GOD! They could have done that so much better! It really felt like halfway through making this episode the writers were like, "Okay, we're bored of this, we're just going to end it now." And that point was the worst editing I have ever seen in a long time. You had 3 minutes of the camera cutting to each person individually, close up, them staring at the camera, while trying to have a conversation between 1 of 2 different people directly, and also trying to pay attention to fox Naruto having a fight with fishing pole guy, without changing position or even moving their head. And what they were saying did NOT match up with what the next person said, or really even make sense. It was like they had the interns edit and put together the last part of a fight between a new villian that was obviously filler from the start, and then disposed of just as quickly. It didn't even feel satisfying to see fishing pole guy die! I was basically left with the feeling of 'What just happened?' Not because I didn't understand what happened, I did. It was typical 'love finds a way' and 'our powers combined and we shall captain planet this to victory'. Even with Jiraya and Sasuke pulling a vegeta and hitting the fishing pole guy while he was locked in his tug of war with the father-son Kamehameha Rasengan, I was standing there stunned trying to figure out what I just watched.

This part of the fight should have been atleast another 2-3 episodes or fleshed out and paced MUCH better. Also, konohameru and co. got the main cast of other fellow leaf ninja, and they devoted precious time to us watching them do their "We need help" thing, and then nothing became of it. Why did they do that? What was the point? "We're going to save naruto" and then proceed to not show up, when clearly the kono and co. managed to get back to town and find help in the form of what they did find in the time it took for the fight to half conclude. What was the point of that? This really should have been extended an episode or 2. Imagine if fishing pole guy having to fight literally the entire original gang of Naruto attacking together to overwhelm his super-powered butt! But instead, we have a 1-tailed naruto, a Boruto who has used quite a lot of chakra himself somehow managed a gigantic Rasengan, play who's the strongest with the guy who was cheapshotted by a guy with a hole in his shoulder and thoroughly beaten up for the entirety of the episode, and a guy who would have died if not for his future wife half-healing him! And that's another thing, Sasuke wasn't really healed. He was healed enough to regain conciousness, but this Sakura would have to be at the start of her healing training and should have in no way been able to make him in enough fighting form to go toe-to-toe with Freeza's final form! She is no where close to Dende's level yet! (Also, got a really weird creeped out vibe with Girl Sakura passed out on Adult Sasuke's lap. Not sure if anyone else felt that way too.)

All-in-all. Not a good episode. And not a good way to pass on a filler season arc, for a filler villian, that you have been building up on us for all this time, essentially wasting our time needlessly. Hell, I liked Mass Effect 3's original ending better then what I just watched!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think this episode should have happened at all.

Urashiki had already been beaten twice before - first by the Kages, then by Boruto and Shinki. His defeat this time came from clever tactics that were only possible because Boruto is observant, then Jiraiya getting to show off how awesome he is, and finally by a team up attack (Naruto Stream) between Boruto and Naruto. Job done, let's wrap things up and go back to the future.

But no, we just HAD to have a one-winged angel form. One that removes all of Urashiki's interesting powers and turns him into a DBZ character that's flying around at super speed and firing off ki blasts. Then we get a re-hash of the Super Rasengan from the battle with Momoshiki, complete with the Rasengan bursting through the clouds and exploding. Yay.

It added nothing to the arc, and devalued the earlier victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Fairly meh, as filler goes, actually, despite what Rodin said earlier. Not a patch on Mecha-Naruto.

Little bit way too obvious and the one twist... Just... Eh. Wasn't that exciting, really. I kind expected rather more out of it than "it's just an ordinary face."
    Well, I didn't catch it. I knew that photographer dude was suspicious, but I had NO idea that it was Kakashi. And the fact that they revealed his face right from the start of the episode when they had been teasing it for TWELVE FREAKING YEARS still blows my mind. Dramatically revealing it and having it be something goofy would be a letdown no matter how they did it after that length of time. Revealing it without revealing it? Now that's clever.

Will we get to the end of this battle? Will they be reunited? Will Kakashi do anything other than stand around like a stuffed lettuce, as is implied by the "next time?" Will we instead have an exciting flashback to the time, I dunno, the first time Tsunade met Shizune or something? Or just half-an-hour of Hiruzen sipping tea while he does paperwork? Or a whole episode of Naruto, swinging on The Swing, while other children play or meet with their families, until Iruka comes to take him to ramen or something at the end in a pointlessly maudlin Naruto-Was-Ignored spiel again? (I really wouldn't put it past the show at this point...!)
    Next time, on Naruto Shippuden (Not a spoiler)

Actually, what DOES come next?

*checks episode list*

Pfffft.

Yeah, have fun with that.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think this episode should have happened at all.

Urashiki had already been beaten twice before - first by the Kages, then by Boruto and Shinki. His defeat this time came from clever tactics that were only possible because Boruto is observant, then Jiraiya getting to show off how awesome he is, and finally by a team up attack (Naruto Stream) between Boruto and Naruto. Job done, let's wrap things up and go back to the future.

But no, we just HAD to have a one-winged angel form. One that removes all of Urashiki's interesting powers and turns him into a DBZ character that's flying around at super speed and firing off ki blasts. Then we get a re-hash of the Super Rasengan from the battle with Momoshiki, complete with the Rasengan bursting through the clouds and exploding. Yay.

It added nothing to the arc, and devalued the earlier victory.
    You know what, you're right. I completely agree.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

Woo! Possibly now we have can have the actual boss fight!

The Two of Them... Always

By which I mean we can have an unecessary 15 minute Obito flashback!

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Following that, we skip back to the actual fight, as Sasuke and co are returning. Kaggy and Black Zetsu make the blindingly obvious, IDIOT mistake of assuming the Naruto with the truthseeker orbs is the real one, when anyone was actually a ninja (i.e. neither of these two chumps) would have seen that as the most obvious distraction tactic. But, as we have established, Kaggy and Zetsu (whom I don't think we've ever seen actually FIGHT properly) are relying entirely on High Stats and OP Jutsu, not actual strategy.

Sasuke and Sakura arrive with Obito, (only partly shaking Kakashi out of his dumb stupor (DUDE, you don't have the sharingarn, but you're supposed to know, like, a thousand jutsu, I'm sure you could, like toss a shuriken at her or something. Frack's sake YOU KNOW SHADOW CLONE, you can help by absorbing some of the damage, at any rate!) Naruto is breifly distracted by the arrival of Sasuke, and gets skewered and to everyone's surprise (since apparently they all drank from the Stupid Well this morning) it is not, in fact Naruto. (And, if I were to hazard a guess, the Naruto the truth seeking orbs go to next would ALSO not the be real Naruto...)

Kaggy decides enough is enough, and transports them to the funny green pyramid world, which is aparently a high G world. Kaggy tries to fire her petrification spears, but misses (hah!), and Kakashi and Obito decide to hurl themselves in front of the spears. Obito, I can understand, he's about out of chakra, but again Kakashi YOU KNOW SHADOW CLONE, why sacrifice yourself, you dimwit, CLEARLY shadow clones can take the hit!

It looks like they're not going to make it, but SURPRISE RIN GHOST WRIST-YOINK (I mean, clearly, they DO need her help...) But Obito is not letting Kakashi muscle in on his "I'mma die with Rin alone" time so kamuis the spear that would hit Kakashi. So, Obito's dying, Kakashi is stood there and what exactly is stopping Kaggy from just doing this again folks? I dunno, just maybe an idea ATTACK HER while SHE can't move either!

*skullpalm*

Also ahahahahahaha, Kakashi's so useless he can't even be allowed to heroially sacrifice himself!

(Actually, given as I rather like Kakashi as a character, this complete sucks monkey-balls he's been Sakura'd harder than pre-Chunin Exams Sakura this fight.)

Thank frack, though we've finally seen the last of Obito.

You Better...

Wow. Obito suire is taking a LONG time to disintegrate.

Let's have another 15 minutes of flashback! That's not old!

While Zetsu, like complete numpty, sitting there mocking them. (Given the way Kaggy's back-spikes are crumbling, it may be she can't use any more of that attack.)

Sasuke, at least, is using the time profitably, because his eye is recharged, and he promptly nearly takes Kaggy's head off by teleport-attacking and she only is saved by teleporting them to her principle dimension.

Sasuke is like "right, I'll be the distraction, let's go" while Naruto, apparently takes a big swill of the Stupid Juice and just stands there while Obito goes on for another ten minutes or so.

JUST FRACKING DIE!!!!!

Ye GODS.

Oh, hey, that's right, while Naruto, Kakashi and Sakura have been LITERALLY DOING NOTHING for the past ten minutes, SASUKE, FREAKING SASUKE is being the responsible heroic one and busy fighting the end level boss single-handedly.

Zetsu, like a COMPLETE moron, now take the chance, as they are flying overhead, to actually stick his head out and take a few more cheap shots. Naruto flips out and PUNCHES KAGGY'S HAND OFF while yelling how Obito is one of his precious people! Ahahaha! Wow, I cannot wait to see the expression on her fa-

-cut to Obito and Rin talking in the afterlife.

*eyeglow twitch*

*eyeglow twitch*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Warning. Speech-to-text systems failing due to audio volume exceeding system threshold parameters. Please hold.

Re-establishing system.

System will continue translating on input of intelligible speech.

Speech detected, resuming speech-to-text translation.

-estilential, pus-filled, gerbil droppings!!!

OKAY.

MOVING.

ON.

(Seriously, I genuinely buried my skull in a pillow and screamed.)

(Well, you were bang-on there, Rodin.)

Sharingan Again

PLEASE can we finish the boss fight now?

Okay, so in the pre-credits, we see Naruto chop of her arm again, with Zetsu attached and pin it to the ground with two of the truth-seeking spheres morphed into spikes. NICE!

*cut to Obito and Rin the afterlife*

MOTHER-

Warning: Critical invective levels reached, system interrupt.

Okay, so Obito is... Just going to go back the life to give Kakashi a gift.

SURE! WHY NOT?! If death is but a doorway, as Vigo the Carpathian said, to quote Asterix and the Goths, they ought to replace that door with a curtain!

Yep, sure enough, Obito just Kamuis himself back to the prime and pops into Kakashi's head and tells him he's got to be Hokage now. (Apparently mostly motivated by him wanting to get Rin all to himself for a bit...) After MORE FLASHBACKS.

And Obito's gift is... Kakashi has two sharingarn now, plus they are immortal sharingarn.

Yeah, okay, fair play, that's pretty excrementing awesome.

After the intro, ACTUAL FIGHTING is finally happening!

Naruto chucks a full-on nine tailed-beast beast bomb (one from each beast) rasangan at Kaggy, and she don't dodge that and the explosion goes on for quite some time. (Sasuke looks like he needs a breather, to be honest, but to be fait, he was actually DOING HIS JOB while everyone else sits round gawping.)

Kaggy loses control and bloats into a multi-armed vagule rabbit-y thing, whose arms are also no-save absorb. Naruto and Sasuke are busy dodging, and Naruto yells for Sasuke to teleport a fleeing Sakura out of the way, and a larger susanoo grabs her.

Naruto shouts "great job" to Sasuke, who being the smart one, is like, "wait, BLUE?"

Oh dear Kaggy, here is Sharingarn FRACKING Kakashi, with his FLYING fully-formed susanoo, so you can suck it, female canine!

Now he's finally allowed to be Awesome, Kakashi starts off by severing several of the arms with giant shuriken which deal kamui on a successful hit!

Okay, fair play, this WAS kind worth Kakashi sitting around for a while to go to nought to Awesome (but on the other hand, it de-values him a little by rendering him useless without HAX eye-powers...)

Kaggy yoinks some more chakra, though, and regains control, and creates a giant expanding truth-seeker orb that's going to create a new space-time and frack everything up.

So Team Seven's last mission is to seal her PDQ. Fortunately, Kakashi Has A Plan.

Said plan starts with a load of Naruto shadow clones briefly obscuring Naruto and Sasuke, which any idiot can see is going to mean that transformations are involved, but Kaggy doesn't even rate as high as an idiot.

She shoots a load of bone-spears at Kakashi, and oh no, it hits him even through the susanoo - except he just PHASES THROUGH IT (ahahahahaha!) and then thwacks her with a full on kamui-female-parent-copulating-amaratsu-lightning-blade!

Zetsu is "oh crapbaskets." Naruto and Sasuke are at this point mid-leap, Kaggy shoots a bone-spear from her left arm into Naruto and surprise (no, it isn't), it's a shadow clone! Sasuke, on the other hand, surprise (still no), is the real Naruto. Zetsu manages to use Kaggy's severed arm to shoot a bone-speat at real!Naruto, but Kakashi, falling away, kamuis it away. Sasuke replaces the disintegrating shadow clone, and now Kaggy is kind of screwed. She had a moment of indecision about which plane to shift to and tries to escape by flying straight up -

- RIGHT INTO SAKURA'S FEMALE-PARENT-COPULATING FIST, FEMALE CANINE!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nice!

Kakashi, falling away, feels a moment of pride in his EXTENDED FLASHBACK TO MEETING TEAM SEVEN.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!

And we FINALLY end on the shot of Naruto and Sasuke having landed their blows, and Kaagy hilarious bent over double (like, "spine-snapped-in-half") with Sakura's fist on her head!

I SERIOUSLY considered breaking a habit and watching another three episodes, but after typing this up, it is, like, two o'clock in the morning now and it's not my weekend, so we will have to wait (as it'd likely be, like four-five in the morning before I were done). (Now on the penultimate DVD volume, though!)

Okay, so these three episodes were about one episode's worth of fight (which to be fair, had some good moments in it) almost COMPLETELY ruined by the excessive flashbacks (including to stuff we saw TWO EPISODES AGO).

I mean, I have been defending Naruto for the most part but... This final bit is just straight-up bad, man. The pacing is abyssmal, even by Naruto standards - hell, even Dragonball Z is going "come on, dude." (Hell, The Room might be better paced...) We spent more time on flashbacks this last bit that on the actual fight, which pretty much killed all the tension.

The real killer is all of this is wasted on OBITO. Where was this time being spent on NEJI'S death, a character that would actually DESERVES this treatment?

Still, we should be out of this now - to the final phase next time!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-12-17 at 09:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Tsukuyomi as genjutsu has got nothing on Flashback no Jutsu. Its the real unbreakable illusion of the series....
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25!

29. - Top - End - #929

What Sakura just did here is the last thing of relevance she'll ever do in the entire series.

Anyway, I want to specifically call out that when Obito died he more or less tells Kakashi "haha I get to **** Rin in heaven first loser" and I'll never not respect how god damn stupid that is. He literally stole Kakashi's death so he could be with Rin and win their stupid childhood crush contest. It's the dumbest thing in the world.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Literally everything Obito has done in the whole series is because he went insane when he saw Rin commit Suicide by Kakashi

You're at all surprised that he's still obsessed with her.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other