New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    TL;DR: As long power creep exists, only Naruto and Sasuke will ever be useful.
    Naruto is interesting in that unlike Dragon Ball Z where the limited tool set the characters have allows the next villain to literally just be bigger and stronger, we have characters with abilities so useful that they have to actively abstain from using them to allow threats to even exist. The current villains main ability is absorbing energy attacks and shooting them back at people, something Sasuke can completely negate just by using his ability to absorb energy attacks. If Naruto can still use the Truth Seeker Orbs he can also shut down any juts used by anyone other then himself.

Heck the entire Madara arc was just a demonstration of how absurd the ability to ignore entire classes of abilities was. Even after Madara got his upgrade to 10 tails and forgot about his most useful abilities and starting using the truth seeker orbs (which while kind of cool looking seem inferior as a defense and an offense to all of the Rinnegan techniques...) he still had to be replaced by Kaguya, a villain who had 2 abilities, both of which were really ineffective for combat, because otherwise explaining how your heroes can overcome him becomes a test in suspending your disbelief. Essentially power creep has gotten so bad that the only way for villains to be threatening if for the main characters to never fight to the fullest of their abilities. It's not so much that the main characters are so powerful that everyone else is useless but their abilities are so absurdly flexible that any possible challenge can be surmounted easily by either of the main characters. Actually the final fight of the original manga only ends the way it does because Sasuke forgets about his chakra absorption immediately after using it.

TLDR Abilities are so useful that no challenge can even be presented if the main characters don't arbitrarily decide to not use their most effective abilities. It's like the kid with an anything shield on the playground.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    Naruto is interesting in that unlike Dragon Ball Z where the limited tool set the characters have allows the next villain to literally just be bigger and stronger, we have characters with abilities so useful that they have to actively abstain from using them to allow threats to even exist. The current villains main ability is absorbing energy attacks and shooting them back at people, something Sasuke can completely negate just by using his ability to absorb energy attacks. If Naruto can still use the Truth Seeker Orbs he can also shut down any juts used by anyone other then himself.

Heck the entire Madara arc was just a demonstration of how absurd the ability to ignore entire classes of abilities was. Even after Madara got his upgrade to 10 tails and forgot about his most useful abilities and starting using the truth seeker orbs (which while kind of cool looking seem inferior as a defense and an offense to all of the Rinnegan techniques...) he still had to be replaced by Kaguya, a villain who had 2 abilities, both of which were really ineffective for combat, because otherwise explaining how your heroes can overcome him becomes a test in suspending your disbelief. Essentially power creep has gotten so bad that the only way for villains to be threatening if for the main characters to never fight to the fullest of their abilities. It's not so much that the main characters are so powerful that everyone else is useless but their abilities are so absurdly flexible that any possible challenge can be surmounted easily by either of the main characters. Actually the final fight of the original manga only ends the way it does because Sasuke forgets about his chakra absorption immediately after using it.

TLDR Abilities are so useful that no challenge can even be presented if the main characters don't arbitrarily decide to not use their most effective abilities. It's like the kid with an anything shield on the playground.
    like making ramen via rasengan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

@Spellbound: Yeah, and unlike DB Z or Super, "people not fighting at their full power" is not apart of the plot. In DBZ/Super, Goku's fights are all pretty much "Hey look at me, I'm Goku, I'm going to play around my with my foe first before actually powering up to full and ending this because I want to have fun with the fight first even if the world is in danger" while we all know Vegeta's flaw of allowing the villain to get powerful enough for their final form so he can prove how strong he is. Or how both of them don't want to team up for ANY fight.

In other anime? These flaws would be regarded as outright crazy and suicidal. Luffy? he doesn't care about whether his foe is strong, he just wants to be Pirate King and destroys anything in the way of that, and even he would blink twice at their antics. Naruto? He is a ninja, no matter how shonen anime protagonist he is, his job is to kill people who are a threat, and has the tactical sense to try and kill somebody before they power up. Ichigo? automatically powers up to match whatever new thing his foe pulls. And all these protagonists use teamwork to overcome greater foes in some manner.

So yeah, there is a reason why the protagonists always get the LESS flexible, underdog powers while the antagonists get the powers that are more hax. It keeps the underdog dynamic where the protagonist has to expend effort for it be a challenge so that its an interesting story. Its why Ywhach in Bleach is basically a reality warper while Ichigo is still a guy with a sword that fires sword beams.

So yeah. Its like, not even a question of power creep, its the question of batman wizard problem: once your protags are so flexible that they can reasonably defeat any foe, you start getting this problem, or like with power creep, you have to start shifting to something closer to One Punch Man or Superman in its themes, except with wizardly hax rather than punch hax. (DB Super is arguably starting to drift into One Punch Man themes already.)

Bleach probably did the smart thing by ending where it did, as well as having it PL's fluctuate from depowering and repowering. One Piece is a glacier whose power's upper limit seems to be already defined as well as its flexibility being limited to the Fruits at most. Naruto started good with a bunch of powers that your supposed to use smart to outwit your opponent like how ninjas are supposed to, and the early anime did pretty good, but then things like Pain and the Fourth Ninja War happened and it was nothing but bull hax from here.

like, if they had stuck to the level of combat that say.....Orochimaru and the Third Hokage demonstrated as the top level, I think Naruto as a show could've done much better at managing this. Because that fight was memorable and awesome, and Third Hokage technically WON that, even if he died. So yeah, Naruto is a world where your supposed to outwit your opponent, with powers that bypass the need to come up with any plan that isn't "use your hax to instantly win". Thats the main problem.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Boruto Chapter 7 is out!!

Spoiler
    Show
    So the Kages find Naruto quite quickly, and set him free. They take out the big guy using outstanding teamwork, which I have to admit to being surprised at, given I doubt they fight together very often, if at all. Then the smaller Ootsuki guy sets the big one free and then reduces him to a large version of that drug, eats him and evolves into some super being. Quite interesting over-all, nice to see everyone get a chance to shine, and Naruto resolves to do better with his son in the future, assuming they manage to make it out of this situation ^^

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    So the Kages find Naruto quite quickly, and set him free. They take out the big guy using outstanding teamwork, which I have to admit to being surprised at, given I doubt they fight together very often, if at all. Then the smaller Ootsuki guy sets the big one free and then reduces him to a large version of that drug, eats him and evolves into some super being. Quite interesting over-all, nice to see everyone get a chance to shine, and Naruto resolves to do better with his son in the future, assuming they manage to make it out of this situation ^^
    Spoiler: on next chapter
    Show
    ninja tool guy make him more powerful and around the end of chapter we see father son rasengan
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    I would imagine,
    Spoiler
    Show
    skill and experience help make up for a lack of actual practice working together. After all, its not like their skills are a secret from each other. So its pretty simple to come up with a decent plan of action without even thinking too much about it. Now, I say all this as someone who hasnt read the new series, how many of the old kages are still in charge here? By which I mean the ones who fought edo madera. Because that could also help a lot.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Just pointing this out there are several (minor) cosmetic changes in Boruto Chapter 7 compared to the same events from Boruto the Movie. I personally think the cosmetic changes are much better than the same thing from the movie.

Note Ukyō Kodachi and Masashi Kishimoto (the original creator of Naruto) wrote the Boruto the Movie screenplay, and Ukyo Kodachi is now in charge with writting the manga so I guess you can say Ukyo Kodachi in the year plus since the movie came out thought up some minor improvements and canonized them by put them into the manga.

------

On another note Hiramekarei (one of the seven swords, the one Chojuro uses) is still damn cool and I will argue is cooler and more useful than Samehada which is one of the seven sword that Killer B and Kisame use.

Spoiler: Hiramekarei
    Show

Hiramekarei allows you to store your chakra into the two swords, and then manipulate and change the shape of this chakra as offensive and defensive weapons.

Hiramekarei also allows you "to throw chakra needles / ranged weapons" if the target is impaled with these needles there movements are disrupted / stopped similar to Chakra Transmitting Rods / Black Receivers and their ability to use ninjutsu is restricted for these needles disrupt your chakra pathway system. Aka it is something very similar to Hyuga's Clan Gentle Fist. It is "less elegant" but far more effective, kinda like using a shotgun to take out an enemy instead of using karate.

Concerning Traab talking about the villiage kages

Spoiler: Kages
    Show

During Naruto 700 most of the previous Kages / ones that fought Edo Madara are now retired.
    Village Kage that fought Edo Madara Kages after Naruto 700 When Boruto is 12
    Fire Fifth Hokage Tsunade Seventh Hokage Naruto
    Water Fifth Mizukage Mei Terumī Sixth Mizukage Chojuro
    Lightning Fourth Raikage A Fifth Raikage Darui
    Earth Third Tsuchikage Onoki Fourth Tsuchikage Kurotsuchi
    Wind Fifth Kazekage Gaara Fifth Kazekage Gaara

And since Naruto has so many character's here is a quick reminder of who these new Kage's are.

Chojuro is one of the seven swordsman and he is the one always tired and has shark teeth and blue hair. He was also a guardian during the 5 kage summit.

Darui is one of the guardians during the 5 kage summit and he fought Sasuke, Darui also fought the Gold and Silver Brothers

Kurotsuchi was one of the guardians during the 5 kage summit. She is the grand daughter or Onoki and can use a lava release (like Mei but different village). Prior to the fourth shinobi world war and after the 5 kage summit, Naruto and Killer B go to the turtle island to learn how to use the nine tails chakra better. Kurotsuchi was one of the guardians for Naruto and she fought Kabuto and captured him with her lava release. Kabuto changed into a snake and then kidnapped Yamato, followed by Kabuto giving up on capturing Naruto (for now) but taking Yamato back to strengthen the White Zetsu's.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2016-11-24 at 04:52 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

8. - Top - End - #158

I totally meant to post about this when the chapter first came out and just forgot because The Promised Neverland is just that good.

This chapter sure happened.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Kuchijose: edo tensei no jutsu.

So, yeah, boruto is still not over.

Spoiler: cycle of defeat
    Show
    whatshisname easily beats the kages, rather easily is beaten by the mains, gets simply rezzed by the idiot engineer and finally just shadow binds everyone but boruto...
    I mean, it looked fun enough in the movie but here... Oh well.

Also: yes, boruto is totally the only person who can save you, sasuke. There is no one more capable...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

10. - Top - End - #160

Ah Bort. "Naruto Next Generation" is such an accurate name for you. Bort is the Wesley Crusher of Naruto.

Also, Bort's gettin' an anime. It's likely going to be rehashing the movie's stuff first. So once again Naruto is literally Dragonball Z. I don't often mae this joke comparision but when you effectively make Naruto Super, you kinda force me into it. Also, Naruto has some of the most egregious filler of all time...and now they're doing an anime of a monthly series. You blasted fools.

Anyway, thoughts on the chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sasuke here is a list of people who could help you out better than Bort.

*links the entire cast page of Naruto*

I'd like to give extra special attention to Rock Lee, who did nothing of importance in te series despite being a main character. The guy who is a master of non chakra using attacks. The master of Taijutsu. He'd, oh, I don't know, PROBABLY fair pretty well against the guy who's entire strategy is "I eat your chakra attacks to get better". Just a hunch.

Also, I know they're all hurt, but if you're a ninja, in this series, and you can't stop those fat science mans from shooting science bullets at the bad guy, you probably deserve to get your neck snapped by tentacles like Gaara did.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Almost completely different fight scene from the movie, two events are the same though.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

@ Zodi: If I remember, Kaguya is actually from a japanese myth about an alien girl from the moon, so we've already had our first space villain. this is not Naruto Super, this is still Naruto Z, because Bort is only Gohan.

All of Naruto before this? just Naruto, yes even Shippuden, Shippuden is the Piccolo Jr. Saga. it isn't Naruto Z until we start fighting aliens. Which, is the only way up from "threat that could destroy the world".

it isn't Naruto Super, until Naruto starts facing actual japanese mythological gods that control his entire world and all attempts at Bort being a protagonist fail in the face of Naruto solving everything, and Naruto unlocks Yet ANOTHER upgrade that makes him an actual god and not just a reincarnating messianic spirit.

Naruto's toad sage mode and fox mode? just two different forms of Kaio-Ken.

and keep in mind: Dragon Ball doesn't take itself as seriously as the action anime that follow it. Toriyama was originally a gag writer. when DB protags do a stupid thing that drags out the fight, thats an intentional character flaw meant to point out the ridiculousness of the situation. Especially when the characters have the power to literally destroy planets yet use it on things like......having martial arts tournaments, stealing cars, turning people into candy, making clothes for each other, stealing clothes, and eating pudding. all the action anime that follow DB, would be bewildered why the people in Dragon Ball seem so much stronger than them but use their powers for arguably lesser uses than they do. Naruto doesn't have that excuse. The people here use their powers seriously for serious things like politics and defending their loved ones no matter what- Goku just wants to fight things and have fun.

Y'know, whats also different though? the world, as in, DB actually felt like there is a world outside of all the big actiony kung-fu stuff, with ki actually be a secret thing that most Earthlings don't know about, most people still use guns and hover cars, which of course are nowhere near as powerful, but who has the time to earn such great power through training? They don't. in Naruto, the only places we ever seem to see are ninja places. Like we know there are samurai and normal soldiers I think, but they are never featured enough to as if they are there no matter how weak they are. Which is another thing that was strange about DB compared to the anime that follow it: there ARE moments where weak characters matter in DB. Hercule runs face so that the other Z-Fighters can live simple lives, Bulma is the brains so she figures out technology and other brainy stuff, Dende heals people, Yajirobe and Korin supplies Senzu Beans, heck the very existence of the Dragon Radar is thanks to Bulma inventing it to make the premise possible, otherwise looking for the Dragon Balls would take over a hundred years. We don't get any form of someone outside the martial stuff mattering in Naruto.

I'm just making this comparison, because Naruto so far seems to be the only anime that has gone on long enough to start doing stuff that is looking similar to Dragon Ball, and making me wonder if Dragon Ball Z wasn't some precognitive parody of everything that would come after it.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Wonders if La Zodiac still thinks the manga art is bad bad bad.

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Wonders if La Zodiac still thinks the manga art is bad bad bad.
    It's grown on me but it's still got some weird points to it.

Also, credit where it's due: still better then Kishimoto's actual art. No one in this series has a single solid white bar for teeth and appreciate this.

15. - Top - End - #165

The new Bort is out today!

It's bad!

Spoiler
    Show
    Turns out Bort doesn't suck he just unconciously molded his element into the rasengan to make it invisible. This doesn't actually do anything but show just how busted Bort is. The scene where Naruto shares his chakra with his son and we get all these flashes of the good ole days was really cool though...but then the giant Father-Son Rasengan doesn't actually do anything different from the regular jutsu. It doesn't even go invisible because Bort did it. So why didn't he absorb it? Now yes, it's because the Shadow clone stabbed his eye hand, but one it wasn't damaged very heavily, and two was that shadow clone really a physical, Shadow Clone like the type Naruto does? Can Bort even USE that and still do the super rasengan? It seems poorly written, or at least poorly presented. But yeah the giant super bad guy is dead. Hooray?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

And the manga retelling the story of the Boruto: Naruto the Movie is finally over.

It only took 9 chapters that were monthly chapters and thus 9 months. Boruto: Naruto the movie came out in August 7th, 2015 in Japan so it only took 539 days (1 year, 5 months, 20 days) to tell a mostly the same story of an already written movie in a black and white manga with occasional color panels.

Naruto the manga for an original story usually had 17 to 20+ pages every week once you factor in the weeks it went on break and average out those break weeks. While this monthly manga has 45 to 50 pages per month on average and the story is not even an original but instead a retelling.

-----

Now before I sound to complainer, I did enjoy the manga retelling I am just complaining about the slow pace. I wish this story was finished in early to mid 2016 aka less than a year since the movie came out instead of almost 18 months after the movie came out.

-----

So about this chapter the flashbacks were nice and I enjoyed them. It is easier to enjoy these manga flashbacks than the anime flashbacks that go on forever, and that is before they even do fillers, or retrospective / retelling episodes with the anime. (I gave up on the anime at Shippuden 167, naruto in the tailed beast fox mode after raging against Pain). Supposedly after this it gets far worse with the amount of filler and flashback / retelling episodes.

Now spoilers

Spoiler: Boruto Manga 09
    Show

I loved the grin Naruto did when Boruto doubted how powerful Naruto was. The 12 year old Genin is still there living in the now mostly responsible 7th Hokage.

Side note, even if this villain (Momoshiki) supposedly has more raw offensive power to his attacks than Kaguya Otsutsuki , the final villain of Naruto, in my mind he is far less of a threat. This is because he does not

1) have a body that is immune to any attack that is not natural energy based or taijutsu, that being the Ten Tail Jinchuuriki gives you

2) he does not have the near instant regeneration that Madara Jinchuriki or Madara future forms had, and supposedly Kaguya also had

3) he does not have Limbo which Madara had, limbo made only two characters in the manga a threat against Madara, and Madara had other advantages besides Limbo, Limbo was just great.

4) he does not have truth seeking balls which are awesome defense, have regenerative powers, and while not the most destructive form of offense as some ninjutsu are capable, it was a great targeted form of offense especially against taijutsu users

5) he does not have Obito's almost broken space time mangekyou sharingan

... and so on and so on. All he had was a way to absorb Ninjutsu that was roughly as useful as Preta Path combined with power amplification capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac talking Tactical Stuff
    It seems poorly written, or at least poorly presented. But yeah the giant super bad guy is dead. Hooray?
    So LaZodiac is complaining about why the heroes and the villains make subpar tactical decisions. Well if you want to start doing that there are numerous things to complain about over the 9 chapters. For example here is an easy one.

Sasuke in this most recent manga threw his sword at the villain Momoshiki and then attacked with a Kunai Dagger. Well Sasuke that was a stupid tactic and most likely the enemy is going to see through this attack for you already used your teleportation ability against him earlier, and once against his ally while he watched. Sasuke teleportation ability does not need an item to do the swapping (it just increases the range when he swaps with an object or person.) Thus Sasuke should have gotten close before teleporting, should have teleported his sword directly into the villain like he did Madara. Hell he is fighting a Byakugan user, a person with 360 degree continuous vision, why would you throw a weapon and obviously miss only to teleport when a Byakugan user can easily see the sword behind him. If you are going to use a weapon to teleport to, throw multiple shuriken like you did as a Genin and then teleport to one of them specifically, aka confuse the Byakugan with numbers. Targeting to a single place is just going to get you Haired by the Otsutsuki hair technique as you know from personal experience with Kaguya and you also saw Momoshiki defeat Gaara's sand defense with said hair. You are lucky he just decide to kick you away with some body stretch technique that is similar to Cho of the Akimichi clan.

Aka stupid stuff like this are just tactical blunders, now in the heat of battle tactical blunders are common but Sasuke is supposed to be a genius and make the least amount of these blunders unless you are Shikamaru.

-----

Another type of tactical blunder is why did you not grab Orochimaru or Kabuto before heading out, you felt it was useful to bring Boruto, but why not the guy who has premade Edo Tensai's. We are not talking about sacrificing another person to use said Edo Tensai, but instead merely bringing around these reformed evil guys and them using minimal chakra to summon said premade Edo Tensai to help fight this rinnegan level threat. Both of these people are Kage level fighters, Kabuto actually lives in the fire village and runs an orphanage there, and Orochimaru while not part of the village is nearby in a less than a day journey.

Lots of stuff like this is silly.

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    And the manga retelling the story of the Boruto: Naruto the Movie is finally over.

It only took 9 chapters that were monthly chapters and thus 9 months. Boruto: Naruto the movie came out in August 7th, 2015 in Japan so it only took 539 days (1 year, 5 months, 20 days) to tell a mostly the same story of an already written movie in a black and white manga with occasional color panels.

Naruto the manga for an original story usually had 17 to 20+ pages every week once you factor in the weeks it went on break and average out those break weeks. While this monthly manga has 45 to 50 pages per month on average and the story is not even an original but instead a retelling.

-----

Now before I sound to complainer, I did enjoy the manga retelling I am just complaining about the slow pace. I wish this story was finished in early to mid 2016 aka less than a year since the movie came out instead of almost 18 months after the movie came out.

-----

So about this chapter the flashbacks were nice and I enjoyed them. It is easier to enjoy these manga flashbacks than the anime flashbacks that go on forever, and that is before they even do fillers, or retrospective / retelling episodes with the anime. (I gave up on the anime at Shippuden 167, naruto in the tailed beast fox mode after raging against Pain). Supposedly after this it gets far worse with the amount of filler and flashback / retelling episodes.

Now spoilers

Spoiler: Boruto Manga 09
    Show

I loved the grin Naruto did when Boruto doubted how powerful Naruto was. The 12 year old Genin is still there living in the now mostly responsible 7th Hokage.

Side note, even if this villain (Momoshiki) supposedly has more raw offensive power to his attacks than Kaguya Otsutsuki , the final villain of Naruto, in my mind he is far less of a threat. This is because he does not

1) have a body that is immune to any attack that is not natural energy based or taijutsu, that being the Ten Tail Jinchuuriki gives you

2) he does not have the near instant regeneration that Madara Jinchuriki or Madara future forms had, and supposedly Kaguya also had

3) he does not have Limbo which Madara had, limbo made only two characters in the manga a threat against Madara, and Madara had other advantages besides Limbo, Limbo was just great.

4) he does not have truth seeking balls which are awesome defense, have regenerative powers, and while not the most destructive form of offense as some ninjutsu are capable, it was a great targeted form of offense especially against taijutsu users

5) he does not have Obito's almost broken space time mangekyou sharingan

... and so on and so on. All he had was a way to absorb Ninjutsu that was roughly as useful as Preta Path combined with power amplification capabilities.

So LaZodiac is complaining about why the heroes and the villains make subpar tactical decisions. Well if you want to start doing that there are numerous things to complain about over the 9 chapters. For example here is an easy one.

Sasuke in this most recent manga threw his sword at the villain Momoshiki and then attacked with a Kunai Dagger. Well Sasuke that was a stupid tactic and most likely the enemy is going to see through this attack for you already used your teleportation ability against him earlier, and once against his ally while he watched. Sasuke teleportation ability does not need an item to do the swapping (it just increases the range when he swaps with an object or person.) Thus Sasuke should have gotten close before teleporting, should have teleported his sword directly into the villain like he did Madara. Hell he is fighting a Byakugan user, a person with 360 degree continuous vision, why would you throw a weapon and obviously miss only to teleport when a Byakugan user can easily see the sword behind him. If you are going to use a weapon to teleport to, throw multiple shuriken like you did as a Genin and then teleport to one of them specifically, aka confuse the Byakugan with numbers. Targeting to a single place is just going to get you Haired by the Otsutsuki hair technique as you know from personal experience with Kaguya and you also saw Momoshiki defeat Gaara's sand defense with said hair. You are lucky he just decide to kick you away with some body stretch technique that is similar to Cho of the Akimichi clan.

Aka stupid stuff like this are just tactical blunders, now in the heat of battle tactical blunders are common but Sasuke is supposed to be a genius and make the least amount of these blunders unless you are Shikamaru.

-----

Another type of tactical blunder is why did you not grab Orochimaru or Kabuto before heading out, you felt it was useful to bring Boruto, but why not the guy who has premade Edo Tensai's. We are not talking about sacrificing another person to use said Edo Tensai, but instead merely bringing around these reformed evil guys and them using minimal chakra to summon said premade Edo Tensai to help fight this rinnegan level threat. Both of these people are Kage level fighters, Kabuto actually lives in the fire village and runs an orphanage there, and Orochimaru while not part of the village is nearby in a less than a day journey.

Lots of stuff like this is silly.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not arguing about tactical blunders due to the heat of battle, that's reasonable and okay. I'm arguing "why did this actually happen?" in the sense that "wait, is that actually possible? Does Bort have enough chakra to use the Forbidden Shadow Clone technique and still launch the hyper rasengan? And does a tiny, insignifigent looking scratch to the eyeball hand really negate his entire absorbing power?"

Less "These characters are acting sub optimally" and more "I don't think the stuff the story has presented actually makes sense in the context used".

Trust me, I'm ALL for characters making mistakes because they aren't perfect. I actually thought it was really cool, the strategy they did to wound his eye hand. That's GOOD. But the actual way they did it didn't seem right.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

I made a naruto world in world-building, check it out!only focused on a few areas of the story though.
    How am I the tactician when my answers specified enchantment !?

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

I started in a ruined castle with a tiefling warlock attacking.Hack and slash party

19. - Top - End - #169

New chapter! I think the series is switching to weekly now!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bort see's the ghost of the space god he killed that tells him that he's gonna have a ****ed up time and that killing gods makes you special. That's actually pretty cool despite how ridiculous it is! Then we get some silly ship teasing with Sarada and Bort, and how I really just wish Sarada had said "oh so you're gonna **** me and leave for five years then?" when Bort said he wanted to be like her dad.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapter! I think the series is switching to weekly now!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bort see's the ghost of the space god he killed that tells him that he's gonna have a ****ed up time and that killing gods makes you special. That's actually pretty cool despite how ridiculous it is! Then we get some silly ship teasing with Sarada and Bort, and how I really just wish Sarada had said "oh so you're gonna **** me and leave for five years then?" when Bort said he wanted to be like her dad.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What I want is to make a Naruto fan fic where Sarada realizes how screwed up everyone is and goes 100% full snark on everyone and their stupidity. Just full stop "I'm the only sane person in this entire world and I'm going to point out how stupid you all are no matter if your Hokage, my father or the overgod of the moon gods. Oh and my mother is stupid as hell to."

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What I want is to make a Naruto fan fic where Sarada realizes how screwed up everyone is and goes 100% full snark on everyone and their stupidity. Just full stop "I'm the only sane person in this entire world and I'm going to point out how stupid you all are no matter if your Hokage, my father or the overgod of the moon gods. Oh and my mother is stupid as hell to."
    Spoiler
    Show
    She was almost that but then she learned her Mom really is her Mom so now a romantic plot tumour has grown on her face and become...whatever that word that means "not beneign" is.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    She was almost that but then she learned her Mom really is her Mom so now a romantic plot tumour has grown on her face and become...whatever that word that means "not beneign" is.
    Malign? Or am I missing a joke here?

Yeah, that last chapter was... Interesting in parts but I sure pray Sarada doesn't end up a mindless puppy like her mom.. Grow an effing pair... Of whatever girls have. And make sure for once a female penned by Kishi is a good character throughout and not just on occasion.
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Malign? Or am I missing a joke here?

Yeah, that last chapter was... Interesting in parts but I sure pray Sarada doesn't end up a mindless puppy like her mom.. Grow an effing pair... Of whatever girls have. And make sure for once a female penned by Kishi is a good character throughout and not just on occasion.
    No joke I just forgot what the word was.

24. - Top - End - #174

Take Two Round Two just updated and the plot moved forward a bit! Huzzah!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Im worried about the plan for Iwa. Im not sure but im thinking the village is lost, and this is naruto and onoki basically trying to ensure that A) Akatsuki pays dearly for their victory and B) They dont get much of anything for it because most of the troops died fighting them. The battle is likely to get really dark, I hope roshi can be convinced to leave when its clear the battle is over and he can hurt them better by denying them his bijuu than by going into a rage and throwing his life away in a futile gesture.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #175

New chapter! Cause it's a thing now remember!
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm glad to see in Naruto's new ideal world he's still employing child soldiers. Only they get to stop bank robbers instead of killing other children so that's cool.

Also Sarada continues to show she's the actual protagonist by kicking the **** out of two out of the three bank robbers in a really cool display. I swear if she gets Sakura'd I'm going to flip. And she did it all in really ****ty high heels! And then Bort ruins everything because of course he does.

Meanwhile with Narudad, apparently the evil science guy was being mind controlled. SHRUG.

...and the leader of the lame ass bandits who literal children beat up is A MAN WHO CAN COPY EVERY PERSON HE'S EVER MET OR KILLED. WHAT?!?!

Meanwhile, nerd idiots talk about the Naruto trading card game. Bort is involved, and he's mad that he keeps on getting junk rares that are also his Dad. What even is this.

And so we get a buddy cop dynamic, Bort being the bodyguard of the Damiyo's son. Well this is awkward.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter! Cause it's a thing now remember!
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm glad to see in Naruto's new ideal world he's still employing child soldiers. Only they get to stop bank robbers instead of killing other children so that's cool.

Also Sarada continues to show she's the actual protagonist by kicking the **** out of two out of the three bank robbers in a really cool display. I swear if she gets Sakura'd I'm going to flip. And she did it all in really ****ty high heels! And then Bort ruins everything because of course he does.

Meanwhile with Narudad, apparently the evil science guy was being mind controlled. SHRUG.

...and the leader of the lame ass bandits who literal children beat up is A MAN WHO CAN COPY EVERY PERSON HE'S EVER MET OR KILLED. WHAT?!?!

Meanwhile, nerd idiots talk about the Naruto trading card game. Bort is involved, and he's mad that he keeps on getting junk rares that are also his Dad. What even is this.

And so we get a buddy cop dynamic, Bort being the bodyguard of the Damiyo's son. Well this is awkward.
    Spoiler
    Show

Child soldiers are cheaper, you can pay them in trading cards. I swear to Kaguya, if this is some ploy to make a Naruto trading card game I'm stopping this ****. I mean, I guess I'm still a Gundam fan after Builders but Gunplay is part of Gundam, trading cards are not a natural part of Naruto... stop being greedy, guys.

Also, this mind control thing is ****. So him being overly motivated to make his inventions popular is not enough? You need mind control?!

Sarada is so going to get Sakura'd... I swear. This is Kishi. And even here she had to be kind of saved. (?) Even though Boruto ruined the plan so he is less capable still.

Uhm... in a world where elementary students can use shape shifting... how is this imitation power special? I guess the insinuation is it is somehow better but...

And we get an annoying little kid. I know what you're trying Kishi, but including and even worse brat won't make us like Boruto more...
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #177

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah like straight up gunpla is just a part of Gundam. It makes you feel like part of it, making your own custom or just making a nice model to look at. These cards are just silly.

And yeah the idea is that it's not a disguise but that he literally becomes that person so you can't tell it's not him. That's way more serious a power, presumably.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Lets be honest for what Boruto is looking for.

Spoiler
    Show

Boruto is wanting to find the Sexy Jutsu Rare, for he has heard about it and he wants to see it. He is unfamiliar that Sexy Jutsu creator is Naruto his dad.

Overall a good chapter, it was the right length but I wished it was longer or that we got multiple chapters.

Lets be honest, Boruto is so blessed to have Hinata as his mother. We have a saying Mothers have eyes in the back of their heads, but in his case this is actually true! (And mom has a 10+ kilometer range)

Just imagine if his mother was instead Sakura and she had the Byakugan. Talk about always getting into trouble and your mom flying off the handle.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2017-04-03 at 07:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Ladies and gentlemen chunins and jonins boruto anime era has been started happy angsty days

30. - Top - End - #180
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen chunins and jonins boruto anime era has been started happy angsty days
    First episode doesn't look that bad. It looks like we'll have some time prior to the point where Boruto the Movie happen.

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder however what is about his right eye, since the event we know so far from the manga occurs much later...