New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by DanyBallon View Post
    First episode doesn't look that bad. It looks like we'll have some time prior to the point where Boruto the Movie happen.

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder however what is about his right eye, since the event we know so far from the manga occurs much later...
    @danny anime appears to be started before kote incident so we have at least 5 or 6 episode arc where boruto tries to learn ninjutsu and saladas day view as her girl friend/ team mate for boruto and for the kakashi style eye i think both fanon and jury is out for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Another chapter of Take Two Round Two is up. Events are moving apace.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shion is awake and trying to figure out how much she has changed, Ghost is fast losing interest in maintaining any sort of cover, danzo is about to make a big move (this is not going to end well) The attack on Iwa is about to take place, lots and lots of big things are going down and I cant wait to see what wildly divergent path the story takes from here.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Another chapter of Take Two Round Two is up. Events are moving apace.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shion is awake and trying to figure out how much she has changed, Ghost is fast losing interest in maintaining any sort of cover, danzo is about to make a big move (this is not going to end well) The attack on Iwa is about to take place, lots and lots of big things are going down and I cant wait to see what wildly divergent path the story takes from here.
    hold on mate if i remember corectly danzo is way dead and killed by sasuke so when did some one put his bastard ass on rinne tensei to resurect him.
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    hold on mate if i remember corectly danzo is way dead and killed by sasuke so when did some one put his bastard ass on rinne tensei to resurect him.
    This is a fan fiction.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This is a fan fiction.
    okay then move it along.

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    okay then move it along.
    Dont worry, I think he is going to die soon. Probably wishing he had been killed a dozen times by sasuke before it stuck. It will be less painful. Personal theory time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Danzo plays things smart, he will NOT go after the oogakari, instead he will go after everyone else. I dont know if he is aware of their refusal to save the day for them like this, though there are various clues for danzo to catch, but so long as he doesnt directly go after them, they would likely stay out of it because its an interesting twist to their entertainment. I could see danzo managing to mind control/take hostages, or otherwise take hold of a large portion of the village while naruto is busy in iwa. Then he comes home and has to deal with this coup. It would also create an interesting dynamic in the village between the crew in the know and the oogakari. After all, its one thing to be told they wont save the day, its something else entirely to experience them leaving the crew high and dry. Similar to neji and his animosity towards the oogakari.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Dont worry, I think he is going to die soon. Probably wishing he had been killed a dozen times by sasuke before it stuck. It will be less painful. Personal theory time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Danzo plays things smart, he will NOT go after the oogakari, instead he will go after everyone else. I dont know if he is aware of their refusal to save the day for them like this, though there are various clues for danzo to catch, but so long as he doesnt directly go after them, they would likely stay out of it because its an interesting twist to their entertainment. I could see danzo managing to mind control/take hostages, or otherwise take hold of a large portion of the village while naruto is busy in iwa. Then he comes home and has to deal with this coup. It would also create an interesting dynamic in the village between the crew in the know and the oogakari. After all, its one thing to be told they wont save the day, its something else entirely to experience them leaving the crew high and dry. Similar to neji and his animosity towards the oogakari.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed. and Naruto is already showing signs of disliking the Oogakari for his own reasons even if he is becoming more like them. Heck the very fact that he just screwed over the Oogakari in some small way by getting the other elemental nations to start thinking outside the Ninja Box is at least some indication that he isn't completely 100% on board with their methods. if Danzo goes this route and the Ninja In the Know get angry at the Oogakari afterwards or heaven forbid one of them dies when one of the Oogakari could've saved them, things are gonna get real tense for everyone, because having The Oogakari's around when they are not your allies is kind of like having Beerus over for dinner....

Yeah, when you think about, the Oogakari are all basically the super-multiversal fan fic versions of Beerus.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed. and Naruto is already showing signs of disliking the Oogakari for his own reasons even if he is becoming more like them. Heck the very fact that he just screwed over the Oogakari in some small way by getting the other elemental nations to start thinking outside the Ninja Box is at least some indication that he isn't completely 100% on board with their methods. if Danzo goes this route and the Ninja In the Know get angry at the Oogakari afterwards or heaven forbid one of them dies when one of the Oogakari could've saved them, things are gonna get real tense for everyone, because having The Oogakari's around when they are not your allies is kind of like having Beerus over for dinner....

Yeah, when you think about, the Oogakari are all basically the super-multiversal fan fic versions of Beerus.
    I dunno if I would go that far,
    Spoiler
    Show
    While he apparently has a really good reason to be pissed at Ghost (I wonder when we will finally get specifics, or if we ever will) that doesnt seem to roll over onto the rest of the family. Plus his throwing the oogakari under the bus in iwa thing made sense both for the reasons he claimed and also because its not like they can actually DO anything to the oogakari clan. They wont find any information of where they came from, so there is no real loss here. With luck, iwa is distracted from blaming konoha by trying to learn more about this mystery group and where they came from and how afraid they should be that more will show up. But yeah, the clan itself is showing less and less willingness to pretend to be anything but obnoxiously overpowered gods. So im thinking events are starting to reach a conclusion. Not in a few chapters, I mean in universe time. They are slowly revealing the truth to the village around them, if events unfold like I listed then they will be greatly disliked and probably take off in order to be left alone, and then they will be able to hang back and watch the fun. After all, its looking like they have more or less taught everyone whatever they wanted to. All thats left is to see how events play out then move on.

On an unrelated note, I think one of my favorite things is how naruto is so clearly obnoxiously overpowered, and yet he has made a big issue about how SMALL he is in the greater scheme of things. Honestly, he is easy kage level even sealed like he is now. Unsealed he is kage+ but in the greater multiverse? He probably would be the equivalent of a chunin. A threat, but easily swept aside by a large portion of reality. Totally unsealed he could rule the elemental nations as its god, to heck with pein. And yet the list of beings out there that he knows of who could obliterate him is so long its hitting the floor and rolling out the door. He is a rainbow trout in a lake full of minnows, but he has also swum through the oceans and seen the sharks and whales that can be found there.

9. - Top - End - #189

New chapter of the Bort manga is out.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's actually just really good ****. Bort hasn't yet earned his name to be said proper, but he bonded withn the damiyo's son over deadbeat dads, playing cards, and throwing shuriken. Almost feel bad the butler did it.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

So while this forum was down I saw this SNL clip and it made me think of Sasuke

And here is the relevant SNL clip.

Women's Group

Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

New Chapter of the Boruto Manga is out.
    Spoiler
    Show

It continues to be really good. I do think its a little stupid Boruto dong figure out to ask his teammates for help, resquing the Daymono's son should take priority over everything else. And they dont explain how he actually found the missing kid.
    But minor complaints like these aside then the overall story was good.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    New Chapter of the Boruto Manga is out.
    Spoiler
    Show

It continues to be really good. I do think its a little stupid Boruto dong figure out to ask his teammates for help, resquing the Daymono's son should take priority over everything else. And they dont explain how he actually found the missing kid.
    But minor complaints like these aside then the overall story was good.
    Spoiler
    Show

I mean the ninja they're dealing with is the ****ing Blob in ninja gear. They're probably not the stealthiest bunch in the world, they left tracks. I think it's creepy that this dude eats brains alive to steal their bodies, and I think the ninja card stuff is still really dumb because, as mentioned this episode, ****ING OROCHIMARU GOT ONE. OROCHIMARU KILLED COUNTLESS PEOPLE. But that said the writing is actually good! Bort is a good manga, and it's connection to Naruto makes me sad because a part of me will always be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Im not certain looking like the blob in your natural shape should make you easier to track, when you are able to change your shape.
    But yeah, it really is the right kind of creepy, like the guy who collected hearts, or the one who made dolls out of people. Naruto at its best is honestly kinda creepy at times. I mean, child soldiers, do we need to take it further?

The problem with Orochimary getting a card is kinda weird though. Yes he killed a lot of people? im pretty certain that all the greatest ninja's have done so. And whatever else, then you cant deny that Orochimary is both extremely fameous, and extremely skilled. That he gets a card seems kinda natural.

]

14. - Top - End - #194

Spoiler
    Show

Im not certain looking like the blob in your natural shape should make you easier to track, when you are able to change your shape.
    But yeah, it really is the right kind of creepy, like the guy who collected hearts, or the one who made dolls out of people. Naruto at its best is honestly kinda creepy at times. I mean, child soldiers, do we need to take it further?

The problem with Orochimary getting a card is kinda weird though. Yes he killed a lot of people? im pretty certain that all the greatest ninja's have done so. And whatever else, then you cant deny that Orochimary is both extremely fameous, and extremely skilled. That he gets a card seems kinda natural.

]
    Spoiler
    Show

I meant more that since he's a huge fatty fat and all of his dudes are idiots (we've seen his best minions get beat up BY SARADA ALONE earlier in the series) so I figured that they might just be bad ninja.

My problem with Orochimaru getting a player's card is that it's like giving Mussolini or Hitler one. Yeah he's super famous and important but also he's evil? Like, as a reminder, I love Orochimaru, he's my favorite character, this doesn't stop the fact that he's allowed to just continue doing what he does is INSANE. Imagine if you're Anko and you see your beloved students playing the dumb card game and they're like "oh man Orochimaru is my favorite".

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I meant more that since he's a huge fatty fat and all of his dudes are idiots (we've seen his best minions get beat up BY SARADA ALONE earlier in the series) so I figured that they might just be bad ninja.

My problem with Orochimaru getting a player's card is that it's like giving Mussolini or Hitler one. Yeah he's super famous and important but also he's evil? Like, as a reminder, I love Orochimaru, he's my favorite character, this doesn't stop the fact that he's allowed to just continue doing what he does is INSANE. Imagine if you're Anko and you see your beloved students playing the dumb card game and they're like "oh man Orochimaru is my favorite".
    Orochimaru

Spoiler
    Show
    On the subject of Orochimaru, he brought back from the dead the 4 Hokage (and use Zetsu as sacrifices so no friendly fire to summon the 4 hokages) and those 4 hokages then saved the united shinobi army multiple times during the war that was a single day that never ended.

All it takes is someone skilled in marketing I mean propaganda and you can turn Orochimaru into a hero.
    Remember he was also the Sanin who was a war hero for the Leaf during 2nd Great Ninja War.
    Pretty much his only downside to strangers is that he attacked the leaf himself so he is a traitor and hero at the same time to the common man of the leaf.

But to other nations he would be seen mostly as a good guy during the war that was way too long yet a single day.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well.. it is honestly crazy enough that kids beat up an adult. But i dont recall any evidence telling that Sarada are not a good Ninja.

Nono.. yeah.. its certainly crazy that he is not either locked up, or "retired" to watch his flower collection in some nicely isolated place. But if your making playing cards of the most influential people from the last century, then dam right Hitler or Mussoline should get one. Hitler for one certainly is among the top 10 most influential people that have lived the last 100 years. I have trouble thinking of anyone else that have had quite as big an impact. And ignoring that because we did not like said change is like putting our head into the sand.

Its the same with Orochimaru. Love or Hate him, and you really should hate him because he is an utter monster, but he is also among the greatest ninja of his generation. And honestly, most ninja's are monsters to their enemies. In the end they are soldiers or living weapons of mass destruction.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    It's rare for Naruto to get a reaction out of me nowadays, but Shojoji trying to eat Tentou's head? Creepy man. As far as the ENS cards go, I think a ninja (regardless of their kill count and so on) has to remain loyal to their home village to even be considered "legit". Sasuke and Orochimaru seem to have been officially pardoned for their previous misdeeds, far as I can tell. Though I can certainly see arguments against including him, the people of the (Naruto) world seem to be willing to look the other way. Shojoji is some kind of missing-nin or something right? And since he's active in the post-war period they probably can't justify carding him.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's rare for Naruto to get a reaction out of me nowadays, but Shojoji trying to eat Tentou's head? Creepy man. As far as the ENS cards go, I think a ninja (regardless of their kill count and so on) has to remain loyal to their home village to even be considered "legit". Sasuke and Orochimaru seem to have been officially pardoned for their previous misdeeds, far as I can tell. Though I can certainly see arguments against including him, the people of the (Naruto) world seem to be willing to look the other way. Shojoji is some kind of missing-nin or something right? And since he's active in the post-war period they probably can't justify carding him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It just feels weird to me. It's like...again, what if Anko, or Kabuto, saw the card. "Oh cute that's a playing card of the person who sort of ruined my life". The playing cards have their stats and abilities, does Orochimaru's cards have special interaction's with Anko's? Doesn't that seem in bad taste? I know it's been enough years for their children to have grown up but I still think it's a little awkward in universe for this to be a thing. I have to imagine that at least some of those bodies are still warm.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Nitpick time, remember I pick the nits for I care

Spoiler
    Show
    It just feels weird to me. It's like...again, what if Anko, or Kabuto, saw the card. "Oh cute that's a playing card of the person who sort of ruined my life".
    Can't speak for Anko, but this does not apply to the modern Kabuto. The whole point of the Kabuto vs Itachi (and Sasuke) with the Genjustu Izanami. Itachi besides trying to defeat Kabuto was also trying to help Kabuto to move on from all the hurt he experienced in his life.

Kabuto sought power for he felt life screwed him, THE WORLD, the ninja world screwed him. Thus the only way to prevent from being hurt in the future is to control the world, to master the world, to make his illusion into the reality.

Itachi disagreed the only way to move forward in Itachi's mind is to accept the world and to move forward.

This is not just part of how the genjutsu of Izanami works, but is the only way to end the genjutsu is to conquer one self via defeating one self and allowing the self to move forward. In many ways it is similar to the very early Part II / Shippuden team where Might Guy and Team Guy must defeat their doppelgangers via becoming stronger than they were earlier prior to pulling the tags. Either the mind or the body must surpass the previous mind or body.

But Izanami is different the only way to defeat this "soul power" / "body power" is with the mind achieve a sort of zen state and defeat oneself in the mind, to abandon your old version of yourself and to be reborn in a metamorphic type of way where you realize your old self is flawed and re-emerge as some form of newer version of yourself.

-----

All of this also kind of is explained via the names Izanami and Izanagi and so on. In Japanese mythology Izanami and Izanagi were the two creation deities, Izanami is female and Izanagi is male, they were in love and mattes of each other. Well stuff happens and Izanami the female, she dies and eats the fruits of the underworld and thus she must remain in the underworld for you can now see her as the avatar of the underworld it is part of her and she part of it. Izanagi journeys into the underworld and finds here, and tries to bring her back but in the end couldn't for the damage is done, the past can't be undone. Izanagi the male flees the underworld and the female now trapped Izanami stated do not leave me (she wanted him to become part of the underworld as well) and if you leave me I will kill 1,000 people a day in order to punish you from leaving me. Izanami both in rage but also crying a bittersweet tear stated he would then bring life to 1,500 people in order for Izanagi not to win.

Then after leaving the underworld Izanagi washes out his tears and blows out his nose and from them we get Amaterasu (incarnation of the sun) from his left eye, Tsukuyomi (incarnation of the moon) from his right eye, and Susanoo (incarnation of storms) from his nose. Note when this happen he is also bathing in a sacred stream to cleanse himself from the underworld but also to represent a spiritual rebirth, he is not the same Izanagi who entered the underworld but a newer version, a wiser version, he has changed.

-----

The tears that Izanagi and Izanami both had when they had to abandon each other symbolizes how you lose the power of the Sharingan eye out of love, but it must be blinded, the only way to move forward is to close the eye and to accept the past.

Kabuto, Itachi is trying to teach to a person who also knows pain with Itachi, you can't undo the past, no amount of power will grant your wish, the only way to move forward is to abandon your old wish and instead take rejoicement in the act of creation. Aka stop trying to gain power but instead put into love in the aspect of creation. This is because you felt abandoned via the world, that you became a monster for the lack of love and the amount of twisted love, well you should do the opposite.

Thus Kabuto becomes an orphan leader / director at the orphanage. He has moved on, he no longer has regrets over the past for the regrets are just unfruitful and nothing will come from them. Now Kabuto has embraced the will of fire, and he will be the father / mother figure he felt was lacking from his own development, he will not allow the same to happen to these orphans.

Kabuto no longer hates the world, he no longer seeks to control the world, instead he dances with the world, and the dance itself will change the world.

Kabuto is no longer trying to change the world's identity, but instead accepts his own past and his own identity, and now he dances with the world a dance of joy but also bittersweet regret but the regret is no longer able to hurt him even though it is bittersweet.

-----

Now Anko on the other hand, she may still have baggage with Orochimaru that she is not willing to let go of. Anko may not be hateful for the most part, but her past teacher probably still can bring out the rage in her.

20. - Top - End - #200

Spoiler
    Show
    It just feels weird to me. It's like...again, what if Anko, or Kabuto, saw the card. "Oh cute that's a playing card of the person who sort of ruined my life". The playing cards have their stats and abilities, does Orochimaru's cards have special interaction's with Anko's? Doesn't that seem in bad taste? I know it's been enough years for their children to have grown up but I still think it's a little awkward in universe for this to be a thing. I have to imagine that at least some of those bodies are still warm.
    You have a good point, but consider
    Spoiler
    Show
    that this is a world where until a decade or two ago, everyone was willing to kill everyone else and there had been three "world wars" over the course of a single mans lifetime. Every time you look at a nin card, you are seeing someone who has blood on their hands and probably has at least a couple people in the nations who can say, "This is the guy who murdered my mother/father/sibling." So yeah, anko probably is not a fan of that card, but if they took down all cards that involved ninja who left bad feelings in people, there would be like... one card left.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: ENS
    Show
    It's telling that ENS is a game/activity targeted at children, who have no personal connection to the way things worked in Naruto's time. It would be like kids in the 1960s playing WW2-related games I suppose*. You might have some veterans of that era shaking their head at how the entertainment industry deals with the subject matter, of course.

*Hogan's Heroes was indeed aired in 1965.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

So just reminding people there is a weekly Boruto anime going on. I haven't been watching it (yet) so I can't comment on whether it is good or not. A few weeks ago there was supposedly an episode where Boruto fights his Aunt Hanabi (Hinata's sister.) The reason for the fight / training is Boruto claims to have manifested the Byakugan, except he can't do it at will, and thus the rational is to put him in a serious fight and the Byakugan will reappear or not and it will be best if another Byakugan user is participating or watching the fight for they will notice better if the Byakugan appears for a brief second or so.

Well even though Hanabi is Boruto's Aunt, Hanabi wants to be called Big Sis / Big Sister Hanabi. This kind of makes sense, for Naruto knocks up Hinata when Naruto is 19 and thus Boruto was born when Naruto is 20. Naruto becomes hokage at about 25 years old, Naruto and the The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring (aka Sarada story) happens when Naruto is about 32 years old (and Sarada about 11, and Boruto is 11 or 12) and Boruto the Movie and the Anime happens the next year when Naruto is about 33 years old and Boruto is about 13, maybe 12.

So doing the math, Aunt Hanabi is 26 or 27, and thus only about 13 to 14 years older than Boruto and she does not like the aunt math for she is 6 years younger than Hinata her sister, and remember Hinata had Boruto when she was still young (Hinata and Naruto born same year, Naruto's birthday is Oct 10, Hinata is born 2 and a half months later on Dec 27th)

23. - Top - End - #203

New chapter of Bort!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bort's actually still not a very good person I think, but I think I'm kinda being forced to allow him to have his proper name now. This chapter was actually pretty good, even if I totally saw what was going to happen the instant he said "attacks I'm aware of". The art is still weird, but it works for this big hulking weirdo.

24. - Top - End - #204

Anyone else still reading Take Two Round Two?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last couple chapters have been huge. The war with akatsuki is finally getting going, and naruto is showing extreme dominance, even if he hasnt actually killed any members yet. He has wrecked nagato, crippled deidara (again, poor bastard) chased konan away to protect nagatos real body, he punted hidan away but he is coming back, Casually slaughtered a single heart of kakuzu (he got better already) launched kisame like a rocket once so far, and treated han like the proverbial red headed step child. All with a stab wound to the lung. Jiraya got to show some badass moves as well, which is pretty cool. I cant wait to see how the battle ends to be honest. Especially epic is the realization that naruto is fighting with an arm tied behind his back due to the lack of sage mode and kuramas chakra. He is spanking an S rank organization at like, half his power. Though sasori just got super scary.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    So just reminding people there is a weekly Boruto anime going on. I haven't been watching it (yet) so I can't comment on whether it is good or not. A few weeks ago there was supposedly an episode where Boruto fights his Aunt Hanabi (Hinata's sister.) The reason for the fight / training is Boruto claims to have manifested the Byakugan, except he can't do it at will, and thus the rational is to put him in a serious fight and the Byakugan will reappear or not and it will be best if another Byakugan user is participating or watching the fight for they will notice better if the Byakugan appears for a brief second or so.

Well even though Hanabi is Boruto's Aunt, Hanabi wants to be called Big Sis / Big Sister Hanabi. This kind of makes sense, for Naruto knocks up Hinata when Naruto is 19 and thus Boruto was born when Naruto is 20. Naruto becomes hokage at about 25 years old, Naruto and the The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring (aka Sarada story) happens when Naruto is about 32 years old (and Sarada about 11, and Boruto is 11 or 12) and Boruto the Movie and the Anime happens the next year when Naruto is about 33 years old and Boruto is about 13, maybe 12.

So doing the math, Aunt Hanabi is 26 or 27, and thus only about 13 to 14 years older than Boruto and she does not like the aunt math for she is 6 years younger than Hinata her sister, and remember Hinata had Boruto when she was still young (Hinata and Naruto born same year, Naruto's birthday is Oct 10, Hinata is born 2 and a half months later on Dec 27th)
    I haven't read the manga so I can't speak to comparative quality, but I've been quite enjoying it. It's a return to the much lower power levels of early Naruto and it's generally lighter and fluffier too. It feels in some ways like the better filler episodes - fairly low stakes stuff but decently written. They just finished the first major story arc which was fairly satisfying.

The one concern I have right now is how they handle Boruto and Naruto's relations. They've started out like they were at the beginning of the Boruto movie, which is to be expected. The problem is that the movie is several years away in-universe. So...how do they deal with that? There's nowhere for either to develop unless they retcon the movie.

Oh, and I quite like Big Sis Hanabi. We never really saw much of Hanabi in the original, and she's grown up to be pretty cool.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I haven't read the manga so I can't speak to comparative quality, but I've been quite enjoying it. It's a return to the much lower power levels of early Naruto and it's generally lighter and fluffier too. It feels in some ways like the better filler episodes - fairly low stakes stuff but decently written. They just finished the first major story arc which was fairly satisfying.

The one concern I have right now is how they handle Boruto and Naruto's relations. They've started out like they were at the beginning of the Boruto movie, which is to be expected. The problem is that the movie is several years away in-universe. So...how do they deal with that? There's nowhere for either to develop unless they retcon the movie.

Oh, and I quite like Big Sis Hanabi. We never really saw much of Hanabi in the original, and she's grown up to be pretty cool.
    i think they need to slight retcon the exams since boruto probably use his eye in the exams and from the look of it in the manga he has weird chakra sense and ability to see tenketsu channels when he needs realy urgently and wanna be sharingan gauntlet kinda makes enough bang that kinda needs its own plotline to properly explain and only guy in the story character can build prototype is denki and he needs pre arc stuff to get idea so retcon is kinda smartest way to handle the situation

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

I really do like the new Manga, and love the much more reasoable power level. Do kinda disagree about Boruto's statement in the new comic though.
    Fat guy is one of the best ninja's we have seen. He has an unusually strong defensive trick, and can more or less perfectly replace a person when he want to infiltrate somewhere.

28. - Top - End - #208

I really do like the new Manga, and love the much more reasoable power level. Do kinda disagree about Boruto's statement in the new comic though.
    Fat guy is one of the best ninja's we have seen. He has an unusually strong defensive trick, and can more or less perfectly replace a person when he want to infiltrate somewhere.
    Yeah that's basically true. He lacks honour though. He's also a super gross fat cannibal.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone else still reading Take Two Round Two?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last couple chapters have been huge. The war with akatsuki is finally getting going, and naruto is showing extreme dominance, even if he hasnt actually killed any members yet. He has wrecked nagato, crippled deidara (again, poor bastard) chased konan away to protect nagatos real body, he punted hidan away but he is coming back, Casually slaughtered a single heart of kakuzu (he got better already) launched kisame like a rocket once so far, and treated han like the proverbial red headed step child. All with a stab wound to the lung. Jiraya got to show some badass moves as well, which is pretty cool. I cant wait to see how the battle ends to be honest. Especially epic is the realization that naruto is fighting with an arm tied behind his back due to the lack of sage mode and kuramas chakra. He is spanking an S rank organization at like, half his power. Though sasori just got super scary.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My favorite part was when Naruto found out about the World Tree thing.

Just.....most epic, funny rant I've heard in a long time, just so much rage at it. So much, and it makes so much sense why he is. You'd be to, if your entire life was leading up to was essentially a big dumb parasite plant when you've already met things so much higher on the totem pole.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah that's basically true. He lacks honour though. He's also a super gross fat cannibal.
    Technically that just makes him a better ninja..