New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Shattered Lands IC

Spoiler: Gustav
    Show
    "I serve the Order of Saint Sigmund, given the holy task of protecting Antium from the evils of the Dark Lands, be they demons, undead, or the foul necromancers that consort with demons and create undead." Reclining in his chair, Wolfgang adds, "And what of you, Gustav? You mentioned something before about the dwarves, but I must admit I am not familiar with the lands beyond the crater."

Spoiler: DM's Eyes Only
    Show
    Perception
    (1d20+4)[10]
    Whatever Dante's spoiler is for.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Show
    You carry one of their skulls with you? That's very poetic. I think they are happy to still be able to help by guiding you along. Why did you leave? They had a band?! were you the singer?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler: wolfgang
    Show
    "This warrior was banished from his tribe in the Kharum desert as a result of his elvish heritage. He found kinship among a group of mercenaries in the dwarven lands. Unfortunately that band is no more. It was slain by a horde of undead. Thus this warrior no longer has home or kin."

Spoiler: fuma
    Show
    "My band was betrayed by an employer. We were sacrificial lambs so our employer could accomplish some goal of his own. This warrior was on the ground bleeding out with his fellow warriors before being summoned to this party."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Show
    That is very strange. It is very similar to my situation... I wonder if that's what happened to everyone here..

5. - Top - End - #95

DrowGuy

Show
    "The undead are a scourge upon us all, it would seem."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler: wolfgang
    Show
    "Most necromancers do seem to create undead with the intention of destruction and misery that seems to be true. Thank you for your time good knight. However this warrior is beginning to tire and wishes to be well rested for whatever job this party's host asks of us tomorrow. Is there anything else you wish to discuss before this warrior leaves?"

Spoiler: fuma
    Show
    "That is strange. Maybe we should ask the rest of this party tomorrow if that is the case. Thinking of tomorrow this warrior thinks he should get rested so he has sufficient energy for whatever the day brings us. Is there anything else you wish to discuss?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Show
    No I think it is time we get some rest

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

At some point in the evening Madeline comes by your rooms and hands you a silver pen, asking you to sign the guest book for the inn. The next morning is welcomed by shining sun and a knock on each of your doors. You notice as you are stepping out that just outside each of your doors is a line of salt. Madeline is waiting to greet each of you as you step out to take your breakfast, a hearty meal of blood sausage, eggs, and toast. Shortly after you finish up, Torsen appears to see how your night was, "I'm glad to see you all awake and up and about. Was your stay here last night to your liking? Madeline is a great host from what I've seen. We're just waiting for everyone else to wake up and then we're going to finish preparations. We'll find something for you to do. Any questions for me before I head out?"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    It's approximately 7 AM right now. This is a good opportunity to ask any other questions you might have for Torsen, or to go about anything you want to do in the morning before you get to work for the day.
    Awesome Avatar by Miss Nobody.

Spoiler
    Show

I Am A: Lawful Good Human Wizard (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

9. - Top - End - #99

HalflingRangerGuy

Dante leaves the inn quickly after eating his breakfast. He heads for the forest. Before he leaves he whispers something to Gustav.

Show
    I will be back soon, there is someone that I need to talk to face to face. He leaves without another word.

Spoiler: Perception 16
    Show
    As Dante is leaving his eyes are glowing a dark purple color, and it's obvious that this tint is not a natural color.

Spoiler: DM's eyes only
    Show
    Dante is heading out to the woods so he can talk with Coron about everything that has transpired that day. He will return before the chores for the day begin.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Fuma thanks Madeline for the food. Torsen what kind of predators lurk in the forests here? Fuma begins eating as he is waiting for Torsen's response

11. - Top - End - #101

DrowGuy

Show
    Spells prepared this morning.

• Orisons
      • Detect Magic
      • Guidance
      • Resistance
      • Virtue
    • 1st-Level
      • Obscuring Mist
      • Protection from Evil
      • Sanctuary
      • Shield of Faith

Once dressed, armed, and armored, just before leaving his room, Wolfgang casts Protection from Evil on himself. Duration will be 3 minutes, and most notably will prevent Evil Outsiders from making physical contact with him. He's going to head straight downstairs and attempt to bait one of the others into trying to make physical contact with him. So if whichever one that takes the bait happens to be an EVIL DEMON, this should make it immediately apparent.

Oh, and I should probably roll for Dante's thing.

Perception
    (1d20+4)[12]

Wolfgang, having donned his armor once more, makes his way to the common area. Seeing Fuma and (presumably) Gustav, he approaches. "I wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I hope it has not poorly colored your opinion of me." He extends an arm, offering a handshake to either Gustav or Fuma.

12. - Top - End - #102

"Predators? Well, there are plenty out there. The closer you get to the mountains, the more dangerous they are. You're going to have a lot of normal animals. Wolves, mountain lions, things like that. Occasionally we'll get truly beastly versions of them wandering out of the corrupted regions. Then there are the more unnatural creatures. Very rarely we'll get some lycans moving through, but drakes, wyverns and trolls are not unheard of. And then once you reach the mountains proper you get ogres, orc clans, and a few giants. Generally anything more dangerous than an animal knows better than to leave the forest, as they'll be hunted either by the King's men or the nearest lodge."

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Fuma shakes Wolfgangs hand no offense taken sir

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

If that is the case, I should go check on our little friend that just headed into the forest.
    Spoiler: DM eye's only
    Show
    Fuma heads after Dante keeping his distance, but staying close enough to where if something happened he could get there in time. stealth check to remain hidden:
    (1d20+10)[29]

Spoiler: Dante Perception DC: 29
    Show
    You notice Fuma in the distance watching you in a protective manner.
    Last edited by Chrismastree; 2016-02-29 at 06:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Gustav also shakes Wolfgang's hand.

Gustav turns to Torsen, "Do you have any idea what type of job you are going to assign this party to do?"

16. - Top - End - #106

"Well, I haven't quite decided yet. We'll have to see what still needs to be done, but I'm sure we can come up with some manual labor fit for your particular talents. You've still got a little bit of time to prepare though. Give me about half an hour and then find me out in the field. It will be obvious which one."

Torsen goes to leave and begin organizing preparations.

Spoiler: Dante
    Show
    You head back to a small grove of trees you saw on the way into town, only about 10 minutes out. After focusing for a minute, Coron appears walking out of one of the trees. Just as beautiful as you remember her. "These trees are strange, I do not recognize them. We are far from our home now. I have seen these new companions of yours. I do not trust them. The metal man reeks of civilization, and the warrior from the strange land has a deathly chill about him. The elf though... He understands nature. I do not believe he is a threat. But we don't know if we can trust him to keep his mouth shut. Don't reveal my presence unless you have to. We need to buy more time to train, so we can kill your sister."

Spoiler: Fuma
    Show
    You follow Dante for about 10 minutes to a small grove of trees. As you watch he is there for about a minute before you see a beautiful elven woman in the grove with him, though the trees block your vision enough that you don't see where she came from. They appear to be discussing something, though you're too far away to hear any words.

Spoiler: Perception DC 20
    Show
    Though at first you believe the woman to be an elf, her features are even more graceful and elegant than any other elf you have seen. And there is something very primal about her. You also notice that her eyes have a similar purple glow to those Dante shows on occasion.

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Spoiler: DM eye's only
    Show
    Fuma stays and watches. Not in a "curious what is going on" manner but more of a protective manner.

18. - Top - End - #108

HalflingRangerGuy

Dante heads back to the village shortly after leaving. He doesn't say anything upon arrival other than a small nod of the head

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Fuma arrives a couple minutes later. So where are we tasked to work? directing his attention to Gustav and Wolfgang.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

"This party will be working in the fields. In about 25 minutes they are to journey to one of the fields looking for Torsen."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

well we have some time how about we go look at the village before we head to the fields. Fuma heads out to look throughout the town.

22. - Top - End - #112

HalflingRangerGuy

"Sounds good to me." Dante answers

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

"This warrior is content to just wait to begin." Gustav sits down near the fields in quiet contemplation.

24. - Top - End - #114

Stepping outside, you see the quite town just starting to wake up. Taking a quick walk around, there doesn't appear to be too much that stands out. You can see that the building you saw the night before with the bell tower does seem to be some kind of church, with the same holy symbol you saw on the doors in the Inn prominently displayed on the front of the building. Beyond that, it seems the only other notable feature is Madeline's, where you had stayed the night, and the tents and large tables currently read to be set up in a large field just behind the church. A few of the other visitors at the inn have also awoken and are breaking their fast.

After wandering the town for a short while, you do see a new set of visitors arriving. Three newcomers ride in, with an important air around them. The first is a knight, clad in gleaming silver plate armor, intricately wrought with elaborate designs. At his side is a long sword and on his back a similar shield, polished to a mirror shine. At the back of the group is another knight in matching armor, though colored black as pitch. On his back he wears a greatsword as black as his armor. In between them is a joyful but tired looking middle aged man clad in a cloak of black cloth that seems to have silver motes appear and disappear at random inside it. As they draw closer, you see the man in the center has an almost unnoticeable shadow clinging to his immediate surroundings. Every villager that the trio passes instantly stops whatever they are doing and drops to their knees, bowing their heads deeply as they do so. They quickly ride to the church and dismount their horses before entering, with only a quick wave from the robed man to the crowd now gathered outside.

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

It seems like that fancy looking man is rather important. Well, shall we head to the field to get our work done? Fuma says to Dante.
    Last edited by Chrismastree; 2016-03-03 at 08:57 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

DrowGuy

Show
    As the group wanders outside (before the knights show up), Wolfgang casts Detect Magic; duration is 3 minutes. He'll spend the necessary 18 seconds inspecting Dante, then 18 seconds each for Gustav and Fuma. He'll leave the spell on, as he prepared it primarily to try and discern if this was all an illusion. He'll take the time to inspect anything else that appears magical in nature. He doesn't have Knowledge (Arcana), so he won't be able to determine school types, though.

Wolfgang brings up the rear of the group, plodding along quietly. His attention seems elsewhere as he seems to be reading from the small tome about his neck. After a few moments, he closes the tome, letting it hang once more from his neck, and seems to be more alert.

Spoiler: Perception DC 21
    Show
    When Wolfgang was reading, he was also casting a spell.
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 15
    Show
    The spell was Detect Magic.
    Last edited by Rotaretilbo; 2016-03-03 at 01:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

DrowGuy

Show
    Knowledge (Religion)
    (1d20+3)[20]
    Identify possible purposes for a line of salt.

Knowledge (Religion)
    (1d20+3)[10]
    Is that dude undead? And if so, what sort?

Knowledge (Planar)
    (1d20+3)[16]
    Is that dude a demon?
    Disregard if not; I can only use this untrained against demons.

Not being able to preview a post once dice rolls are coded in is really annoying.

28. - Top - End - #118

HalflingRangerGuy

You're right Fuma. I don't like the look of that guy. No man should bow to another, it's just not right.

Dante leaves for the fields to commence his work.

29. - Top - End - #119

And so the party of clueless chumps brave heroes sets off to their day of work.

You easily find Torsen in the field behind the church, organizing preparations. Throughout the rest of the morning and early afternoon he sends you all on varying tasks. Fuma helps chop some vegetables, Gustav works carrying heavy boxes and even single handedly frees a cart that got stuck in the mud, Dante is sent to find some flowers for decorations, and last but not least Wolfgang... stands on one corner of a tent when it gets really windy while people try to get it fastened down. Several more small groups of attendees arrive throughout the day, and by listening to the people around you talking you find that the event later tonight is a long awaited wedding. The townsfolk are also very excited that someone named "Azen" will be doing the rites in person. Towards the end of the work, Torsen disappears for a while. When he returns he is wearing an old and battle-worn, but very well taken care of, suit of armor emblazoned with an emblem of a horse on it's back legs and a treeline behind it. He is practically beaming with pride. He approaches each of you to thank you for your work and invites you into the church for the ceremony, as well as stating there should be enough room at the feast afterward for everyone.

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-13
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-15
    Charisma-14

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Torsen it has been a pleasure working with you to get this happy occasion ready, but I fear we should not over extend our welcome and continue our journey to get back to our respected homelands.