New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLI

Raril's eyebrows go up as the elf changes. Very interesting. "No mutes, but the right spell will have you chatting in Drow in no time. If we pretend the other two are our slaves, that should get us through any drow city we might pass through safely enough."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

"...I will never get used to all this magic that does what you want it to and not just what it lets you do," the shapeshifter mutters. "Anyway, I can do a lot more than just change colors. I can pretty much be whoever and whatever's needed, depending on the situation and what I feel like at the time. I go through names pretty fast because of it, but there's one that sticks with me.

Call me Four,"
    he finishes, his grin returning.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

And it clicks. Raril grins, something he hasn't done genuinely in a long while. "As you said: Fate. Well met, Mr. Four."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Duel]

Wenomir nods to his students.

"I'll explain everything after the duel. For now, just observe my technique. And now..."

He turns to Ambrosia, putting his left hand to his chest and extending his sword-arm in the salute of a Martenian duelist.

"Let us begin."

He assumes a defensive posture, holding his sword next to his face, pointing upwards. He's ready to begin.
    [Duel]

Ambrosia nods. "As you wish." She then steps back and seems to mimic Wenomir's stance and sword position. It appears like she is waiting for him to make the first move.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir begins circling Ambrosia, testing her patience and judging her stance. Then, he moves. In a single fluid motion, he's suddenly closing the distance between him and the scholar, swinging his sword diagonally towards her left shoulder...

...but as soon as she makes a move to defend herself, he alters the direction of his sword mid-swing, aiming a quick thrust at the left side of her chest, instead.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #396

Mia continues watching. She won't interfer unless needed.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #397

Default Re: Trog's Tavern: Don't you ever just get the urge to break out in a musical number?

A new arrival completely unrelated to anyone currently in the tavern appears! Of course, that would be awfully coincidental if she was related to anyone. She doesn't walk into the inn through the door, or crash through its window either, or whatever else is currently the hip thing to do when entering taverns.

She just appears. Not really with a flash or a bang, but rather with a sort-of *wait, did someone really enter the inn? I don't believe you* kind of way. This is because she appears in that pile of half-delirious drunkards there no-doubt is. Because every tavern has one, of the people who have been drinking too much and are almost passed out.

She fits in pretty well, too! I mean, she hasn't been drinking. But she is half-conscious! That's close enough. She also smells like smoke, almost like somebody was making smoked sausage but forgot the sausage and put her there instead. Then, they gave her a really bad haircut as if they were trying to get the world record hair-cutting speed record but only had a sword on hand at the moment. It kind-of matches, however, since some of her hair is burned. Fits, though, since her hair is as black as the charcoal of burnt hair.

Actually, speaking of appearances, she looks like she would fit in very well in the Brazilian Northeast. Why there? Well, that's because whenever I imagine a random person, they're always from there because of how many people I know from there.

Anyway.

She appears in the Nexus for the first time.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    And it clicks. Raril grins, something he hasn't done genuinely in a long while. "As you said: Fate. Well met, Mr. Four."
    The detective raises an eyebrow, intrigued by both the new ally and Raril's reaction. "Just when I thought this case couldn't be more interesting...." Nora remarks.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Orc in the Playground

"You have no idea," Four says, sounding all too amused. "Hope it's not a bad kind of interesting you're thinking of," he adds, maintaining his amused tone - but there's an odd undercurrent of suspicion under the surface. "I'd hate to have given the wrong impression."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

10. - Top - End - #400

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir begins circling Ambrosia, testing her patience and judging her stance. Then, he moves. In a single fluid motion, he's suddenly closing the distance between him and the scholar, swinging his sword diagonally towards her left shoulder...

...but as soon as she makes a move to defend herself, he alters the direction of his sword mid-swing, aiming a quick thrust at the left side of her chest, instead.
    Ambrosia slowly turns as to always face Wenomir as he circles around her, legs pressed firmly into the tavern floor. But when he attacks her features blurs as she hops to the right instead of parrying his attack. Somehow moving just outside of his swing range. She doesn't follow this up with an attack however, mustering up another defensive stance as she backs away from Wenomir. That attack seemed to have come as a surprise to her and she seems unsure what to do now.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir doesn't press his advantage, as might be expected. He remains where he is, sword raised to his face and pointing forwards. He wants to give Ambrosia a chance at attacking. It is a demonstration, after all.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #402

Oh! Right.

In the distant, or rather, the near future, Raril‘s phone rings. It is not a telemarketer, but instead it is Harley calling to say that she is all ready like she promised.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

A man crashes through one of the taverns windows, shattering it. With a look of shock at having actually hit something Adrian Freezes in the air along with the debris from the window. He holds still for a moment before the wood and glass falls to the floor. Then he himself falls, gently landing on his feet.

Ardian appears to be in his mid 20's and is dressed in a dark green trench coat, jeans, and a black shirt underneath. He has a pair of what look like police batons in each hand, they have a spike on the short end and fade to red and blue towards the longer end.

As he sets down on the floor he looks around for a moment before a Beowulf (RWBY) smashes through the remainder of the wall Adrian entered through he quickly touches the beast and it appears to freeze in place unable to move. He then points the long end of his blue baton at the beast legs and a jet of ice and frost shoots out of it freezing the beast to the ground. he steps back and the beast begins flailing wildly trying to attack those nearby. Adrian aims the red baton at the Beowulf, and fires a burst of flame at the head of the beast. It falls to the floor and it's corpse begins to evaporate, Adrian puts the batons away and turns to the Room.
    "Sorry for the disruption, i didn't realize that there were any buildings nearby."
    He walks to the bar sets down a Lien card on the counter "That should cover the damages, as well as a drink"
    Last edited by braveheart; 2016-05-02 at 10:36 PM.
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

14. - Top - End - #404

Default Re: Trog's Tavern

The half-conscious woman finally regains full consciousness, or rather, enough to stand up her way out of the pile of people and walk around, holding her head like she has a huge headache. Her mind is still kind-of hazy, though. "ora...seu safa..." she groans, possibly not making words as she walks around.

Unfortunately, she walks too closely to the Beowulf, just as it starts flailing around and attacking everything nearby. Her arm receives two gouges in it, which start bleeding. Luckily, because she was completely not expecting getting hit, she falls over backwards as well. "...ih," she says.

Then the heroic Adrian takes out the beast. Pretty fortunate for this woman, that she only got two cuts on her arm and a bruise on her rump.

She continues trying to orient herself and get her vision to stop swimming and doing the macarena in her mind.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

While waiting for his drink Adrian turns notices the injured woman on the ground, not being able to understand what she is saying he looks at her inquisitively, "Are you all right?"
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

16. - Top - End - #406

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    While waiting for his drink Adrian turns notices the injured woman on the ground, not being able to understand what she is saying he looks at her inquisitively, "Are you all right?"
    The woman looks up at Adrien. She blinks a half-dozen times, trying to focus on his face. Oh. He said something. Sounded like a question. What question? She looks, trying to figure out what he asked.

Then, realization hits her! He's asking how she is. "Tobei..." she says. Or something that sounds like that. I mean, who even knows what language she's speaking. Wait, he didn't understand that. What did he ask, again? Something something...right. Oh! That's a...language?

Oh. Right. English. This language. What are the words? She learned it once. She thinks through what she's going to say. "Is...good." She nods. Those were the right words. She nods vigorously. "Is good, is good." She tries to stand up, before realizing that she needs her arms to stand up and her arms are a little weaker than normal. She gets into a kneeling position, looks down at her arms. That's red. "Is good."

Then, she realizes that's her blood. "Is..."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Seeing the woman's apparent confusion and disarray Adrien becomes concerned about her wellbeing and grabs a chair for the woman and offers a hand to help her into it, "May I look at your injuries?" He asks as he pulls a small first aid kit from his cloak with the free hand.

HAVE FUN

18. - Top - End - #408

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    Seeing the woman's apparent confusion and disarray Adrien becomes concerned about her wellbeing and grabs a chair for the woman and offers a hand to help her into it, "May I look at your injuries?" He asks as he pulls a small first aid kit from his cloak with the free hand.
    The woman looks up from her arm to see the offered hand. That's pretty clear what that means. She takes the hand and is helped up into the chair. Even though she doesn't understand what he says, she thinks she understands what he's asking. So, she nods, and holds her arm out towards him.

Oh!
    A first aid kit.
    That will be handy.
    The woman will let him perform first aid and help her arm.

((Unfortunately, though, I have to go offline right now; deadtime. Be back some time later.))
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    The woman looks up from her arm to see the offered hand. That's pretty clear what that means. She takes the hand and is helped up into the chair. Even though she doesn't understand what he says, she thinks she understands what he's asking. So, she nods, and holds her arm out towards him.

Oh!
    A first aid kit.
    That will be handy.
    The woman will let him perform first aid and help her arm.

((Unfortunately, though, I have to go offline right now; deadtime. Be back some time later.))

Adrian pulls the woman's arm towards himself in order to examine it more closely and is relieved to find that the scratches don't penetrate the woman's muscles. Adrien then applies some antiseptic to prove of cloth,
    "This is going to sting a little" he warns her, unsure of her ability to comprehend his words he proceeds anyway, Adrien then attempts to clean the area with the cloth. If the cloth touches the wound the woman should feel some slight discomfort

HAVE FUN

20. - Top - End - #410

The woman nods, as if she understands what he said.
    She didn't. Not this time. That particular sentence didn't have very many cognates in it.

The first instant the antiseptic reaches one of the cuts, her muscle spasms. In order to prevent it from happening again, she clenches her fist and her teeth and holds her breath. To be honest, though, she is pretty glad for it. Over time, she has grown increasingly more aware and focused. She is becoming increasingly sure that this isn't just a bad dream induced by carbon monoxide poisoning.

She is, in fact, trying to think of the word for "thank you". What was it, again? She learned this once. It started with an "s"? Or was it a "d"? Dankey? Sankey? Which one was it?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Adrian pauses for a moment when she flinches, but as she seems to recover and focus again he proceeds with the cleaning of the woman's wounds. after he has cleaned out the wound Adrian begins to wrap it with a roll of gauze that was also in the kit. As he is wrapping the wound it dawns on Adrian that he doesn't know this woman's name. Seeing as she seems to understand him at least slightly, he figures that the must be in shock, but probably can speak English once she's gathered her thoughts. "What is your name" he asks as he finishes wrapping the wound.

HAVE FUN

22. - Top - End - #412

The woman has decided that the best way to pronounce "th" is with an s. She nods to what he says, pretending to understand it, largely so he doesn't feel obligated to repeat it. So, now that he is done, she decides to thank him. "Sankey Oo," That's how you're supposed to say "thank-you", right? Then, in her own language, she repeats what sounds like "Brigata." Or something like that. There's an accent, so it's hard to tell if all those letters match exactly what sound they make in English. And, then, finally, she thinks about what he said.

Name! She knows that word.
    That is a word she learned. "Nami ez." She giggles, almost like an excited schoolgirl, because this is something she learned and she never thought she would have to use it and now she can be so cool because everyone told her English was a waste of time to learn! Then, she breaks out in her own arcane language again. "Zhesca zohzu, mice miyamigash meshamaon Zhesi. Ah! Enami. Zhesca." . . . at least, that's what she says sounds like.
    Complete gibberish.
    I'm sure it makes sense to her.

"Uhat is ior enamy?" That almost sounds like "what is your name."

(( This is so hilarious. I am laughing so hard. Are you?))
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

(It is quite entertaining trying to overcome the language barrier)

Nami ez, that's an odd name Adrian thinks to himself, anyway...what ... Adrrian is clearly confused by Nami Ez's words not recognizing it all. Shortly after however he thinks he can make out a sentence, what is your enemy? That's an odd thing to ask of him, he is clearly a hunter and his only enemy is the Grimm.
    "My only enemy is the Grimm" he responds slowly to help this woman understand him.
    "Nami Ez, may I call you Nami?" He asks taking the time to clearly anuncuate each word he says.

HAVE FUN

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril is startled out of deadtime, hearing his phone ring. He answers it and explains to Harley they've picked up a new person for the group and that they would soon be headed to the library. She could meet them there if she wished to.

The conversation ended, he asks the other two "Ready to do some research?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #415

((My computer is going way too slow to try to be online right now...))

Phone Call

Harley replies 'okay', that she knows where that is, and that she will get there as soon as she can. She mentions that she is excited to meet the new person. Then she hung up.

Not Phone Call but instead, language barrier

The Grimm. Of course, 'th's are still hard to pronounce. Da Grim. Dagrim. Dagrimi? That is the oddest name she's ever heard. Adrian would have sounded like a name, but he said The Grimm, which she'll mispronounce and misunderstand as Dagrimi. "Dagrimi," she repeats, because saying things aloud help her remember it more. She nods, to let know that she understood.

For simplicity, I'll call her Nami Ez in following posts.
    In her mind, he's saying that his name is Dagrimi, and he's asking if he can say her name. "Yes. Yes," she says, nodding again, holding out the "y" sound long enough that it sounds like she's saying 'yes' with two syllables. Possibly even three syllables, if you count the slight vocalization after the s. "Nami. Dagrimi."
    Then, looking down at her wrapped arm and hugging herself, she says thank-you again: "Sankey-Oo." Even though they don't share a language, facial expressions don't lie: She does look pretty grateful.
    Fortunately, she does not realize that she smells entirely too much like burnt-wood smoke. That would give mixed facial expression signals.

As a non-sequiter, Adrian's drink arrives. The server, a very friendly elf named Paige, places it in front of him. "Here's your drink, honey," she says.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2016-05-04 at 02:03 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

hmm, Dagrimi, that sounds like the Grimm, just as she seems to be understanding him she says, her own name then Dagrimi, is she saying that she is a Grimm, Adrian's face turns to confusion as he is fairly certain that either there has been some form of misunderstanding between himself and Nami Ez (likely), or she is a soulless monster that needs to be destroyed (significantly less likely), especially as she seems to be expressing gratitude for him helping with her wound.

"I am Adrian" he says gesturing towards himself, "and I don't believe that we are understanding each other miss" he says slowly so that she can hear each word. Adrian is about to continue when a woman with odd ears approaches and gives him his drink, he disregards the ears, assuming her to be a rare kind of faunus,

"Oh thank you miss, if you don't mind me asking, what is a tavern like this doing in the middle of the woods, i didn't even see a structure before i smashed through the window, also how do you keep the Grimm from overrunning this place?"
    Last edited by braveheart; 2016-05-04 at 11:21 AM.

HAVE FUN

27. - Top - End - #417

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLI: where we break out into a Disney Song?

Actually! If Adrian got to know Nami Ez a lot better, he would notice a lot of striking resemblances between her and the Grimm. Too many to be coincidence, even. (However, it really is coincidence because I first wrote that setting information before RWBY even came out...)
    She nods again and says something unintelligible.
    ...even if she did speak English, it would be no help because it's her first day in the Nexus, too, and Adrian is the first one to have met her.

Anyway, Paige thinks a little bit. "Middle of the woods? Usually, we're in the city," she says to herself. She shakes her head, and tries to briefly put her hand on his shoulder. Might as well give a brief explanation before she has to go back to grab more food and drinks to serve. "Well, this is Trog's Tavern. You can find it pretty much anywhere and everywhere. Because you haven't heard of Trog's, I don't know how to really break this to you; to make a long story short, you're not exactly in Kansas anymore. I mean, you're in a whole new world. The place where all worlds combine, to be exact."

She is sorry to go; she would talk more but she's on the clock. "I've got to get back to work now," the elf says. She turns and starts to walk back to get the order from someone else. "Most people around here could probably explain it better," she says as she walks off.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Adrian feels a pit growing in his stomach, he was protecting a research party with his partner, she can handle probably herself though, at least until he gets back. A different world, huh, he doesn't remember anything special, just be knocked back by a beowulf then smashing through a window instead of a tree as he had expected, this place must be pretty odd to if random people can just show up.

Adrian just seems to stare into space, slowly sipping his drink as he contemplates the meaning of this new world for a while.

HAVE FUN

29. - Top - End - #419

With a loud #bang' the door of Trog's opens and a man rolls into the tavern. The man seems to roll all over the floor right in front of the bar. People with keen eyes might notice ared and a light green dust disapearing as he slows down. For a Moment the man keeps lying on the ground, his pants and shirt covered in the dirt he just rolled through. As he realizes that he is on the gorun, he stands up immediatly, leaning on the bar and tries to appear cool.

"Gimmi a beer. no glas."
    he sais to the waitress and takes a look around.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Raril is startled out of deadtime, hearing his phone ring. He answers it and explains to Harley they've picked up a new person for the group and that they would soon be headed to the library. She could meet them there if she wished to.

The conversation ended, he asks the other two "Ready to do some research?"
    Nora nods, grinning. "I'd be glad to. Besides, it's not like I have anything else to do."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!