New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLI

At a table, there is a man. And on this man there are clothes. Baggy, unassuming clothes that are easily a size too large, but fairly dressy for such a pedestrian tavern like this one. A poor man's best suit, slightly scuffed but well looked after, and older than he'd like, held on his awkward frame by belt and button.

But beneath his poor exterior is a smile, and a glance, and from rolled up sleeves come immaculately white gloved hands, holding and splitting and riffling a pack of cards with extreme precision. He slides the pack into its pale wooden box before him for a moment, flicking a pair of round, red sunglasses from a pocket deftly to perch them on his nose, using the motion to comb fingers through his messy brown locks before tapping the pack on the table to free it and begin the shuffling anew.

A small briefcase sits, open to one side of the table, and chips line its padded rows in a rainbow of familiar colours. Virginal white, coal black, navy blue, forest green, and deep, cherry red glisten as if polished, offset by alternating rows of crisp, sharp-edged white dice.

The gambler shuffles his cards and waits, patiently, for his first game of the night.

((Scene open to anyone ))
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2016-03-07 at 07:50 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

A large man shuffles in awkwardly. Very large. Larger in height and weight than most humans, though those are only the first of the obvious inhuman traits about him. The others being his four muscular arms, each with a three-fingered hand, his trotters sitting below his baggy pants, the twin tails curled at his backside, his blue-grey skin and coat of bristly blue hair, and his distinctly porcine head. His limbs and overall frame are thick and sturdy, which is belied a bit by the fact that otherwise he's a bit fat. Covering his belly is a brown jacket over a thin shirtthat fits him but isn't entirely flattering. Sadly for him, the only outfit he has that's cut very well in that regard is his suit, and he's not going to just wear that everywhere.

He stops at the man's table after looking around and trying his best not to bump into anyone. He can't quite place why. Maybe it's the clothes. Yes, probably those. He senses a kind of kindred spirit in someone who can't quite get better-fitting clothes. Or maybe he's just curious. He's not sure.
    "You playing alone, friend? That's the least fun kind of playing." he says with a small smile, trying not to bare too many of his teeth. They're straight and white, but he's still a bit unsure of how smiling looks with his little tusks.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #93

"Of course not. Just opening an invitation. What will you bet, then? The chips only cost you if you lose." He gestures to the case, relegating his shuffling to one hand by riffling the cards between his thumb and fingers. Something in his demeanor seems at once eager to play and wary of losing, a desperation to win rolling off of him now that the game's begun.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

The pig-person (who despite his considerable girth is only nineteen. His voice might reflect this, to those who would recognize it. Though to the average person, his size and face structure might make it hard to tell.) gives a very awkward smile and sits down gingerly on the chair opposite the man. Unless he foresaw his opponent's size, its wood creaks in protest but holds up as it's made to hold the weight.
    "Well, I did bring some money with me. Not a lot. I admit I don't know if I should be wagering anything when I don't know the game yet. After all, if it's something I haven't played you'd thrash me. Probably." he says, his upper arms patting his chest, belly, and thighs as he tries to remember which of his pockets he put his wallet in, while his lower arms press tight to the seat he's on, trying to hold it together.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Adir quits his swallowing to stagger up after his wife. He sets the bottle back down roughly without cleaning off his dark-streaked mouth, and then practically flops off his stool. The stag nearly falls down himself before trying to wrap his arms around Sakura. "This s'what happens! When yer drunk," He grins. Yes, clearly she's drunk already. "You gotta sit down. Can't have you hurting yourself."
    Sakura leans heavily against her stool, like it's the only way she's going to keep standing up. Apparently she doesn't realize she could sit again, despite Adir's suggestion. "So why do I wanna drink stuff that makes me dizzy again?" Sakura wonders with a giggle.

6. - Top - End - #96

"Oh there's no game, only a gamble. And what we wager depends on the cards we're dealt." The man deals out five cards, considers, and then deals another.

"Pick any one you like, or I'll pick for you if you're not fussed."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam (for that is his name) frowns now, looking at the little cards. What is the usual color for the backs of playing cards? Blue or red?
    "If the cards determine what we wager, why did you ask my bet before you dealt?" he asks, but points to the fifth card anyway. He seems like he already wants to win, so Sam's going to assume that his opponent's face when he decided to throw another in means something good for Sam.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Lyov chooses to ignore those words, for the sake of Nimaah's well-being. A well-being that stands the chance of being less-well if Nimaah carries on talking tactlessly. He picks up his cane and places it on his lap, both visible hands tapping the cane's body.

"No, owa cweator is 'Fatha'! I meant Woss! Begins with an 'awh'! Woss! My sahw-vant and cweation!" Ilyona declares proudly, then attempts to dopeslap Nimaah. Her hands are fast, too. "Don't talk to bwotha like that, awh else we ah going to leave."‎

9. - Top - End - #99

The normal backs for cards can be blue or red, yes, though these are a faded black. "Because what you bet and what I wager are two different things. I was dealt these cards, and now I pass the risk on to you." With a very measured, slow movement the man flips the card, pulling back his sleeve with the other hand to make it absolutely clear he's playing fair.

When he flips the two of clubs, he winces momentarily before seeing what it is and breaking into another small smile, "Bad news, my friend. Bad, but not the worst. My apologies for your loss." A faint, green smoke begins to waft from the card as it crinkles around the edges, charring as the ink begins to run.

"Curse and be cursed, friend, for the love of a cruel goddess will hound you evermore. She will bind you, hound you, cripple you so you may have no other. But it is not the most terrible thing in my deck. No, not so." As the green smoke coils above the table, it moves back and forth searchingly, and the gambler pushes back his chair to scoot away from it, presenting a less inviting profile than Sam.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

"I still don't understand when I'm supposed to say what I bet, then. he says, but his eyes widen and he falls greatly silent as the man gives his prediction.
    Then, after a long, terrified pause, "Nope!" he says, and kicks at his end the table, hopefully sending the card sliding towards the other end, as he sits up from the chair that was barely supporting him anyway and backpedals away from the table and its weird searching smoke.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-03-07 at 09:28 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

The card slides across the table and slips, pristine now and almost unnoticed, into the deck box as the smoke continues to waver searchingly. Then, slowly, it moves towards Sam... before turning and alighting on a man to his left, serenely enjoying a stout. The man does not even notice as the emerald vapors fill his lungs, ears, eyes, and vanish entirely within him, calmly drinking and chatting to his friends without a care.

The gambler steadies the now rocking table, and picks up the case full of chips that was scattered on the floor in the hubub. And then he slides five other cards back into his deck, removes the two of clubs from his deck box and does the same with it, and begins shuffling once more, completely unfazed by Sam's reaction. Another smile, another shuffle, another invitation for another soul to sit opposite him and risk.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam lets out a great sigh of relief, and finds some other table to sit at, one without curses, and ones that for a silver piece can have beer. Every so often, looking at the poor guy who took that bullet for him, metaphorically speaking. He really hopes he didn't ruin that guy's life.
    The chairs are still too small, though. Darn it.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Knight View Post
    Lyov chooses to ignore those words, for the sake of Nimaah's well-being. A well-being that stands the chance of being less-well if Nimaah carries on talking tactlessly. He picks up his cane and places it on his lap, both visible hands tapping the cane's body.

"No, owa cweator is 'Fatha'! I meant Woss! Begins with an 'awh'! Woss! My sahw-vant and cweation!" Ilyona declares proudly, then attempts to dopeslap Nimaah. Her hands are fast, too. "Don't talk to bwotha like that, awh else we ah going to leave."‎
    Nimaah sees the slap coming, and brings an arm up to block it. She's pretty fast, too. "Hah! If you're looking for a polite and cultured conversation, you've come to the wrong place. The only people I show respect to are those that have earned my respect and those with the political power to make my life hell. They only get the bare minimum respect, too; you want me to look at you and tell you I think you're neat? Do something to make me think you're neat."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal hesitates for a moment. She hadn't really thought about that before. She just wanted to help people. Buuuut...

With some minor tweaks, I'm pretty sure my way could give you those results. I mean, look at Spider-Man. And the Avengers. And every other hero back home.
    "Well, then." Malicebot #8 says that as if it's a response.

Except, it's not a response. Not really.

He'll have to catch up on reading all the things about them. He immediately starts downloading Spider-Man comics and movies about the Avengers into his database. Also, Wikipedia articles on every Marvel character, to find out what other ones he'll have to download. He already knows a lot quite a bit about them, for obvious reasons, but if he wants to completely surpass them he'll have to know everything they've done.

And then, in the tone of a threat, he says, "Maybe I'll just have to completely surpass them in every way." He swishes his cape. It seems like an appropriate moment. Then, he starts walking towards the building's doorway. Over his back, he says, "Just you watch: before long, nobody will even have heard of the Avengers." Because he'll be so much greater than they are. Coming from that Ultron-like body, that sounds a little ominous, but...it's all in good fun, right?
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2016-03-08 at 03:55 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, thank you for saving me the trouble, then." Lyov says, getting up and leaving the tavern. His sister looks at him, then at Nimaah, then back at him. "You made bwother mad. I don't like you." She simply says, before following him.

"Blimey! I thought the sods'd never leave!" A dark-skinned boy of about 15-years old with an afro and clothing that looks like the sort a former test-subject/lab rat would wear sidles up to Nimaah, taking Lyov's spot.

"Right? And the way they acted! What you said at that last part, respecting those that earn your respect? Sister, you've gotten the bloody point!" His sister, identical in all but gender and hairstyle, takes Ilyona's former spot beside Nimaah.

"Oh yeah, we were listening. Don't mind us, Numa. So... I'm Currant..." The boy begins, and his sister finishes the sentence. "And I'm Dixie. Currant-Bun and Dicky-Bird, to be precise."‎

"We're Cockney." He says.‎
    "If the British accents and rhyming slang didn't give it away." She quips.‎
    "We were test subjects, too." He frowns slightly when saying that.‎
    "I think you're lucky she didn't force anything on you. Their crusts are well and truly knackered." The girl shakes her head.
    "Are we rabbiting too fast?"
    "People say that a lot."‎
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-03-09 at 09:20 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Maybe a smidge," Nimaah admits, "But don't think I'm slow. You two are rather prompt for some sociable barflies. There some bad blood there?" She asks, ordering another drink, "or maybe those two just do things that you'd rather not happen at all?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    "Well, then." Malicebot #8 says that as if it's a response.

Except, it's not a response. Not really.

He'll have to catch up on reading all the things about them. He immediately starts downloading Spider-Man comics and movies about the Avengers into his database. Also, Wikipedia articles on every Marvel character, to find out what other ones he'll have to download. He already knows a lot quite a bit about them, for obvious reasons, but if he wants to completely surpass them he'll have to know everything they've done.

And then, in the tone of a threat, he says, "Maybe I'll just have to completely surpass them in every way." He swishes his cape. It seems like an appropriate moment. Then, he starts walking towards the building's doorway. Over his back, he says, "Just you watch: before long, nobody will even have heard of the Avengers." Because he'll be so much greater than they are. Coming from that Ultron-like body, that sounds a little ominous, but...it's all in good fun, right?
    Definitely ominous. But, Krystal is a bit hopeful about Malice's future.

Hopeful, but not stupid.

She pays for her drink and goes to follow the Ultron lookalike.

Well, guess we got some work to do, huh?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

A man around his mid 20's walks in, covered head to toe in white steel-plate armor which has gold designs on it. The shield he carries is also white and has a gold lion's mane as an emblem on it. On his left side, there is a long sword, with a gold scabbard and hilt, and on his right, a knife with a plain leather scabbard and a grey hilt. The helmet has one eyepiece which goes across the area of his eyes. The Paladin looks around and walks up to the bar. He says to the bartender "I'll have a drink, do you take gold pieces?"
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-03-08 at 05:34 PM.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Sakura leans heavily against her stool, like it's the only way she's going to keep standing up. Apparently she doesn't realize she could sit again, despite Adir's suggestion. "So why do I wanna drink stuff that makes me dizzy again?" Sakura wonders with a giggle.
    "Ah-I dunno," Adir says perplexedly, wide-eyed, as though he's just been shown the truth of the world. "S'fer people with troubles, like yer average layman such's I. I guess you're untroubled. Shoulda known you wouldn't need the happy juice. Yer already too happy." The antlered man shuts his eyes and holds up his hands on either side of him, gesturing exaggeratedly with a 'what can you do' frown on his flush face.

((OOC: Welcome 8bit!))
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-03-09 at 04:26 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

((OoC) Thanks Murkus, I hope I can be of some relevance to the plot) I turn to the antlered man and say "Excuse me sir, but do you know where I can get a hold of the bartender? I have been riding for three days, and I need some good ale. This seemed to be the only bar in town, and the nearby stable has outrageous prices. Do you know how much they charged for my mount's stay in the stable? It was ridiculous, and I didn't even pay for grooming or feed. Ah, it could be worse, this town seems very nice, and this tavern has style. May name's Steve by the way, what's yours?" Steve extends his gauntleted hand to invite a handshake
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah-I dunno," Adir says perplexedly, wide-eyed, as though he's just been shown the truth of the world. "S'fer people with troubles, like yer average layman such's I. I guess you're untroubled. Shoulda known you wouldn't need the happy juice. Yer already too happy." The antlered man shuts his eyes and holds up his hands on either side of him, gesturing exaggeratedly with a 'what can you do' frown on his flush face.

((OOC: Welcome 8bit!))
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    ((OoC) Thanks Murkus, I hope I can be of some relevance to the plot) I turn to the antlered man and say "Excuse me sir, but do you know where I can get a hold of the bartender? I have been riding for three days, and I need some good ale. This seemed to be the only bar in town, and the nearby stable has outrageous prices. Do you know how much they charged for my mount's stay in the stable? It was ridiculous, and I didn't even pay for grooming or feed. Ah, it could be worse, this town seems very nice, and this tavern has style. May name's Steve by the way, what's yours?" Steve extends his gauntleted hand to invite a handshake
    Sakura leans to the side, looking past her husband at the newcomer. "Hi. I'm Sakura. We have some drink." Sakura snatches the bottle from Adir's hand... or attempts to. Instead she takes a tumble and ends up splayed on the floor. "Eep!"

For reference, Sakura (though she's not pregnant now) and Adir (in his natural place at Sakura's feet ).

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Sakura leans to the side, looking past her husband at the newcomer. "Hi. I'm Sakura. We have some drink." Sakura snatches the bottle from Adir's hand... or attempts to. Instead she takes a tumble and ends up splayed on the floor. "Eep!"

For reference, Sakura (though she's not pregnant now) and Adir (in his natural place at Sakura's feet ).
    Steve rushes over to Sakura "Are you alright Ma'am?" He extends his hand to help Sakura up. "My name's Steve, I saw you two bickering when you walked, are you two married to each other?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Firbolg in the Playground

The bartender appears through a brief kalaedioscopic hole in the fabric of time and sets down a mug of Balthor's Best.

"Ale, right. Sorry about that. It's going to have been very busy."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The bartender appears through a brief kalaedioscopic hole in the fabric of time and sets down a mug of Balthor's Best.

"Ale, right. Sorry about that. It's going to have been very busy."
    Steve turns over and puts down some gold pieces on the counter "Thank you, good sir. Do tell me if there is any money missing from the tab, and I will pay it. Keep the change." Steve puts down his shield and picks up the mug (the other hand is still outstretched)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Halfling in the Playground

"I wouldn't get a hold on the bartenders. They usually start the nightly massacre if someone cops a feel," Adir advises with a slight slur, stepping smartly over beside his 'clumsy' dearest and the paladin so graciously offering her a hand up. He takes Sakura's arm and will (entirely unnecessarily) also help her to her feet, not to be outdone. He just as graciously simply offers Sakura the still-swishing bottle, now feeling quite a bit more pliable. The stag looks over the top of his wife's head with about a foot advantage, grinning his idiot grin at the paladin-stranger. "Hi, Steve. Yea, she's Adir, I'm Sakura, we're married as married could be." He puts out a shaky, well-worn hand and shakes Steve's firmly. "Very normal name, Steve. That's nice. Sorry fer so much trouble with the horse-feedin' n' lodgin'."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

"I wouldn't get a hold on the bartenders. They usually start the nightly massacre if someone cops a feel," Adir advises with a slight slur, stepping smartly over beside his 'clumsy' dearest and the paladin so graciously offering her a hand up. He takes Sakura's arm and will (entirely unnecessarily) also help her to her feet, not to be outdone. He just as graciously simply offers Sakura the still-swishing bottle, now feeling quite a bit more pliable. The stag looks over the top of his wife's head with about a foot advantage, grinning his idiot grin at the paladin-stranger. "Hi, Steve. Yea, she's Adir, I'm Sakura, we're married as married could be." He puts out a shaky, well-worn hand and shakes Steve's firmly. "Very normal name, Steve. That's nice. Sorry fer so much trouble with the horse-feedin' n' lodgin'."
    "Thanks, the lodging situation could really be worse, but still, 100 Gold for one night seems like a lot for a stable, but I'll probably get a cheaper room for myself here" says Steve, he picks up his shield and takes off his helmet. You can see that he is a caucasian human and has blue eyes, brown hair, and a 5 O' Clock shadow. He takes a drink of his ale. "You guys have great ale here, I wish I had more time to stay" He sits down at the nearest empty seat. "Are you drunk? It seems so. If you want, I can see if remove poison also removes drunkenness."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Firbolg in the Playground

The gold is swept up and counted away. Its plenty.

"I don't know if sobering the customers up is going to be good for business."
    On the one hand, they might then need more drinks to regain their previous state of mind. On the other, they may well feel that they're not getting what they paid for.

((Usually one would wait for all the other players - so Gulaghar's Sakura as well as Murkus's Adir - before replying. Feel free to ignore the bartender for such concerns; they're not important here))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The gold is swept up and counted away. Its plenty.

"I don't know if sobering the customers up is going to be good for business."
    On the one hand, they might then need more drinks to regain their previous state of mind. On the other, they may well feel that they're not getting what they paid for.

((Usually one would wait for all the other players - so Gulaghar's Sakura as well as Murkus's Adir - before replying. Feel free to ignore the bartender for such concerns; they're not important here))
    ((I'm sorry, this is my first FFRP, so I'm not familiar with the rules))

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura is pulled heavily to her feet, and she immediately leans back against her stool again. "Yeah, super married. See?" She holds out her hand, laden as it is with a pretty large diamond ring. And then her hand is filled with their drink. Oh, she takes a sip. Still delicious. "Oh, we were trying to get drunk. It was his idea." She sloshes the bottle at Adir. "For some reason."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Sakura is pulled heavily to her feet, and she immediately leans back against her stool again. "Yeah, super married. See?" She holds out her hand, laden as it is with a pretty large diamond ring. And then her hand is filled with their drink. Oh, she takes a sip. Still delicious. "Oh, we were trying to get drunk. It was his idea." She sloshes the bottle at Adir. "For some reason."
    Steve has a serious look on his face "I'm not sure how drunkenness will do anyone any good, too much alcohol dulls the mind and weakens the body, but since you two don't want to be cured, then I can't" Steve then quickly changes to a friendlier expression "Anyways, do you guys need any help around here? As a Paladin, I always offer my services to others to ensure that injustice does not go unpunished"