New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLI

"Missions, huh? With what kind of goals, if I might ask?"

Here comes a catgirl. She looks kind of familiar. But it would be rather embarrassing if she were wrong. People would think she couldn't tell cat-people apart, when really, that's rather far from the truth.

Cleo give a shrug.
    "Pink's just the best color."
    Nothing else to it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Nimaah smiles, having gotten them to ask the right question, and casually waves off the wrong one. "Why it's called 'Sith' is something of a stupid story, but the important part is this:"

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion."
    "Through passion, I gain strength."
    "Through strength, I gain power."
    "Through power, I gain victory."
    "Through victory, my chains are broken."
    "The Force shall free me."

"Now, help me out here,"
    Nimaah says, drumming her fingers on her forehead, "Where in there does it say, 'conquer the universe beneath a tyrannical regime'?"
    Currant and Dixe hang on to Nimaah's every word. "Oooh."

Dixie taps her chin. "Hmm... what do you think, brother dearest?"
    Currant looks at her. "It says passion gives victory, dear sister."
    "Yes, and victory equals freedom."
    "Some's idea of passion is to rule."
    "To dominate others under their tyrannical boot."
    "Maybe others do have real passions? Though, thinking about it, as silly as 'Sith' sounds, it does sound somewhat foreboding."
    "Well, they do say 'power corrupts'...."

They both look at Nimaah, gauging her reaction.

((I'll wait for Rein first, Rec))

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

The front door of the tavern opens and in steps a tall elf with short, sandy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He's dressed in loose robes of light material and high leather boots. He wears a sash of deep maroon, adorned with pins and badges of various makes and materials. A belt, striped white and blue, wraps around his waist. He carries a simple wooden staff in one hand.

And so, Renault enters the tavern and finds himself a seat at an empty table, out of the way of others. He orders himself a pot of hot water and brews a cup of tea using herbs taken from one of his many pockets. While he waits for the tea to steep, the desert elf pulls a leather bag from his pocket and clears the area in front of himself. Closing his eyes he holds the bag loosely between his hands and shakes it. The contents rattle lightly. After a moment he overturns the bag's contents onto the table. A variety of stones carved in the shapes of animals, or decorated with runes tumble out. Renault carefully sets aside the empty bag and begins to examine the stones and the pattern in which they have fallen.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

"Umm, yes, thank you." Reina says, turning her head to look at Bliss and Cleo, her tail swinging over a bit into her vision as if to check the ribbon and confirm that it is, in fact, pink. "It's pink all right." She isn't sure that it's the best color, but there's no reason to argue that point. The catgirl just believes it contrasts well with the blue of her tail. Which may be true, but may not be. She hasn't had nearly as much practice as others when it comes co-ordinating outfits.

"You have very nice, umm..." Reina hesitates for a moment, trying to decide on what way to politely return the compliment. "Wings," she finally settles on. Might as well go with the elephant rather than trying for a mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    The front door of the tavern opens and in steps a tall elf with short, sandy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He's dressed in loose robes of light material and high leather boots. He wears a sash of deep maroon, adorned with pins and badges of various makes and materials. A belt, striped white and blue, wraps around his waist. He carries a simple wooden staff in one hand.

And so, Renault enters the tavern and finds himself a seat at an empty table, out of the way of others. He orders himself a pot of hot water and brews a cup of tea using herbs taken from one of his many pockets. While he waits for the tea to steep, the desert elf pulls a leather bag from his pocket and clears the area in front of himself. Closing his eyes he holds the bag loosely between his hands and shakes it. The contents rattle lightly. After a moment he overturns the bag's contents onto the table. A variety of stones carved in the shapes of animals, or decorated with runes tumble out. Renault carefully sets aside the empty bag and begins to examine the stones and the pattern in which they have fallen.
    Death, Loss, Trapped, Wealth, and a direction. North and Down. A clear sign if there ever is one, though still open to interpretation. Renault may have a vision of the stones blurring together, sparkling and twinkling in the light of a torch as he, seen from above, approaches a massive underground cavern filled with many jagged crystalline spires. And there in the center, suspended above an endless pit by four of the longest, thinnest spires reaching out from the four compass points of the gulf, sits a crystal more magnificent than all the rest. But there is a darkness within, and as the vision begins to fade there is a moment of instantaneous clarity. A figure, trapped as a fly in amber, sits dead in this eternal prison beneath the earth.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Okay, but then how does an entire empire of Sith work? Where each Sith is beating on all the others, there's tense politics, and of course there's only one emperor. And, furthermore, only complete sadists are proper Sith, and anyone who isn't willing to kill a slave because he's bored is weak. I don't want to go into a full rant right now, because I'm mostly enjoying myself," She takes a messy bite of her food, "But suffice to say that most Sith are completely blind to how to actually RULE anything. They can conquer just fine, in an overly direct and evil way, maybe, but they can't rule with any kind of stability. Too much backstabbing and slave revolts."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Renault's blue eyes shift to take on a golden glow as the vision comes into focus. The elf sways, dazzled by what he's seeing. He nearly falls out of his chair, but suddenly his eyes return to normal and he's left with nothing more than the stones before him. He takes a deep breath to steady himself. "It's been a while since that's happened." He mumbles.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

"Are you quite alright? You look like you just had a vision." says a voice from his table, where sits a small canine imp, bat-winged and long-tailed, his furry red-brown body covered by simple but well-cut slacks and a button-down shirt. He's carrying a tome far too large for him.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have just had a vision, in fact. How did you..." Renault falters a little when he sees precisely what he's having a conversation with. "Ah, forgive me for asking, but are you a vision too?" The poor elf wasn't certain if the Imp was reality or not. You could never be sure in the Nexus.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

"I sure hope not. I'm supposed to give those to people. What was yours about, if it wasn't anything personal?" he asks, but not before he takes his book and bats the bottom against the table, hopefully causing enough of a jolt that the elf can tell he's flesh and blood. Sort of.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

The elf jumps a bit, and quickly checks that his seer stones weren't jostled too badly, before speaking. "There was a cavern full of crystals, beautiful, and at the center, suspended in the air was a large crystal, the largest I've ever seen. There was something trapped within it. Long dead. Imprisoned for eternity. It's almost tragic." Renault explains, his face growing sad. "I was there. I think that means I should search for it. Or will search for it. Something like that. You know how visions are." If the canine spirit gave them out, as claimed, he would certainly understand.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do you have anything else to go on? Giant crystals aren't exactly common but it's not the best point to start a search. And you know, sometimes when things are trapped for eternity, they're trapped for good reason." he says giving a small smile as he says so. After all, beings like that are usually demons.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

"I know, but a crystal used as a prison, could make for a very interesting thesis, if I could study it. The other Masters at the Academy would be pleased to find a new use for Andari crystals." As he speaks, Renault pulls a notebook from his pocket and starts writing down his observations of the seer stones. "And the stones have some things to say. Death and loss. Trapped. Wealth. North and down. That's a clue. I might be able to scry for something more if I can get closer. Also this is just a general reading, if I ask more specific questions, I'll get better results." His notes taken, Renault tucks the notebook away and begins to pick up the seer stones.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

"North and underground is a much better start. At least you can search that sort of thing. Tell me if I can help. I generally don't have as complete records in this realm, but I have more than most." he says with a shrug.
    He seems rather nonchalantly confident for someone so short.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Renault thinks a moment. "Do you know if there are mountains north of the city? My maps are horrendously un-useful in this place. I can barely navigate home when I need to. If I could find an accurate map, I could scry for the place. I could take another reading, as well, for more information, now that I have something specific to ask. Actually, you could help there. Readings work better with two people."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Tep shakes his head. "I have maps I could lend, but I can't guarantee they're of the place you seek. North is good, but it's still too vague. And my maps are only above ground. What is it you need me to do?" he asks, setting his tome down and sitting down upon it.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Renault picks up the leather bag of seer stones and holds it out between himself and the imp. "Place your hands on either side of the bag, loosely. While we focus on a question, we shake the bag and then dump it onto the table and see what turns up. Would you like to give it a try? You'll need to pick a question. It's best to speak it aloud, so that the spirits hear you better." The elf instructs, finding it a bit odd that he is explaining communing with the spirits to what is probably a spirit in of itself. Best to humor it, though.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Tep shakes his head. He eyes his tome for a moment. No, let him keep his cover for now. Why turn down a learning experience?
    "No, you should ask the question yourself. I am not mortal; your spirits might not answer my question so readily as you."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very well." Renault follows the steps he explained asking of the spirits "Where should we search for the Crystal Cavern I saw in my vision?" Before dumping the contents of the bag onto the table again.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "Very well." Renault follows the steps he explained asking of the spirits "Where should we search for the Crystal Cavern I saw in my vision?" Before dumping the contents of the bag onto the table again.
    The stones read Trapped, Weight, Power, Weak, and Sacrifice.

To those that know the way, the passage is always open. The words echo, reverberating off the crystalline cavern walls as the prison becomes crisp and clear in his mind once more. Twelve figures gathered at the edge of the pit, one each to the positions surrounding the gem as they hold ropes going up to the shadowy ceiling, slowly letting them slack as it's lowered as carefully possible into place.

Speak his name to find the way. Know his name to follow it. Know his crime and seek neither. Let this be forgotten for all time. The twelve breathe heavily, steadying themselves after their labor. Preparing themselves for what comes. Each hesitates, but they have come too far. The place is sealed, and none dare speak of him while he still might live.

As one they cast themselves into the pit, and the name would be lost to all time but for Renault's vision. To seek the cavern, he must find the name.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2016-04-01 at 08:35 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

One again, Renault's eyes glow golden, but then he blinks and it's gone, his face turning pale. "Dear goddess, they killed themselves to seal that thing away." He explains what he saw to Tep. The elf then shakes his head. "To find this place, I need the name, but I do not know if I am brave enough to ask for it. Could it be that simple? To just ask? Aiya..." He runs a hand through his hair and looks down at the stones, seeking some sort of guidance.

Again, the elf takes his notebook from his pocket and writes down the reading. "Trapped, Weight, Power, that all makes sense, but weak? What is Weak? Those people? The seal? Myself?"
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2016-04-01 at 08:38 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

"You know of this sacrifice? And still, you seek it? You do so at your own and other's peril, you understand. But if these spirits of yours have never taken offense before, I see no reason why they will this time." he says, flicking his wings.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

"Surely I am meant to seek it? or the spirits would not show me such visions. If I do not, I may be plagued with them. I have seen myself in the cavern. Perhaps I am being led astray, however?" Renault frowns and starts scooping the seer stones into his bag again.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Tep shakes his head.
    "That is not for me to know. The minds of others, especially spirits so alien to my realm, are outside of my knowing. I can only let you make your choice yourself. That is always within a mortal's power. It is their most dangerous and powerful asset." he says with a nod.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Renault's brain shifts gears for a moment. "You're not a spirit? Nor are you mortal. May I ask, just what are you?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Tep shakes his head.
    "I could be what you would label a spirit. But I am not from the same realm as you, and thus your spirits are not the same as such beings from my home. That is all."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

"Interesting." Is all Renault says in reply to that.

"I think I will do one more reading." The elf decides, picking up the bag of seer stones again. "What will come if I seek the Crystal Cavern?" He asks, shaking it between his hands and then, for a third time, tipping it out onto the table.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Missions, huh? With what kind of goals, if I might ask?"

Here comes a catgirl. She looks kind of familiar. But it would be rather embarrassing if she were wrong. People would think she couldn't tell cat-people apart, when really, that's rather far from the truth.

Cleo give a shrug.
    "Pink's just the best color."
    Nothing else to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Umm, yes, thank you." Reina says, turning her head to look at Bliss and Cleo, her tail swinging over a bit into her vision as if to check the ribbon and confirm that it is, in fact, pink. "It's pink all right." She isn't sure that it's the best color, but there's no reason to argue that point. The catgirl just believes it contrasts well with the blue of her tail. Which may be true, but may not be. She hasn't had nearly as much practice as others when it comes co-ordinating outfits.

"You have very nice, umm..." Reina hesitates for a moment, trying to decide on what way to politely return the compliment. "Wings," she finally settles on. Might as well go with the elephant rather than trying for a mouse.

"Ah, you know, espionage, spying, sanctioned murder, that kind of thing."
    Bliss replies, waving her hand dismissively. Jordan doesn't stop her from saying too much, it's the Nexus, after all.

Bliss giggles at Reina. "Aww, you noticed! Thank you, I like 'em! I like you, too, you're funny."

"Bliss."
    Jordan says in a chastising tone, causing her to pout. "I didn't mean it like that, J!" She turns to Reina. "You know I didn't mean it like that, right?"

She changes her seating position so she's closer to Reina than to Cleo, leaving Jordan close to the pink-loving draconic lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Okay, but then how does an entire empire of Sith work? Where each Sith is beating on all the others, there's tense politics, and of course there's only one emperor. And, furthermore, only complete sadists are proper Sith, and anyone who isn't willing to kill a slave because he's bored is weak. I don't want to go into a full rant right now, because I'm mostly enjoying myself," She takes a messy bite of her food, "But suffice to say that most Sith are completely blind to how to actually RULE anything. They can conquer just fine, in an overly direct and evil way, maybe, but they can't rule with any kind of stability. Too much backstabbing and slave revolts."

"So, what should a real Sith be like, then?"
    Currant inquires, thoughtfully.
    "And have Sith always been like that?" Dixie adds.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Near as I can tell they've always been like that. There was apparently a cool one about 200 years back, but hey, that's one. As for 'Real' Sith? That term has been super-loaded, and it seems like people forget that the 'real' Sith were aliens that went extinct a thousand years ago or something," Nimaah says with a frown, "And all the current Sith are are nuts with borrowed ideas from an extinct species and not the just inheritors of the galaxy."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Sakura gives Adir a little poke with her elbow. "That's not a good thing, Adir. You're supposed to get us places!" Oh right, she's talking to Cessie. "Just pick us up however. It's fine!" She tries to be reassuring.
    "Just get outside and wait for me then." She did not want to get inside trog's, so much weirdness going on in that place.

If they go outside they will soon see a steam elemental descend down at trog's only to dispatch in a cloud of steam, revealing Cessie. What are they doing as she arrives?