New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tales from Shade Academy (IC)

Verden stops the truck. He looks out the window at the rushing dog.

"He's just letting his owner know someone's here," Verden says, leaning back in his seat, "If nobody comes to see what the dog's barking about, we'll just slip past him."
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Team BRJN

The girl with the fans leaps clear of the on coming dragons with more than enough time to avoid them and lands in a crouch safely behind her hit squad as they open fire with automatic weapons, though thanks to Bashe's defensive maneuver only a tiny amount of the projectiles manage to find their target. Whilst this is going on Nicoale's mind can't help but be drawn back to Jason's earlier comments, how dare he just dismiss the oppression and discrimination Faunus have to live under out of hand like he did! He might have quietened up now but you know he's just waiting for an opportunity to 'put you back in your place' Caladbolg'd set him right...

And Jason who does Nicoale think she is sitting on her high horse just because you hadn't wasted your time learning everything about her precious terrorists. So some people had it hard, so what? That doesn't give them the right to do what they do and it definetely doesn't give her the right to act like she's better than you! And after you defended her...a good right hook would show her who's boss.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    Nicoale make a DC21 Toughness Save
    Nicoale and Jason make a DC20 Will Save vs Impaired/Compelled/Controlled to attack each other
    ----
    Jason: Fine
    Minni: Fine
    Goons x6: Fine
    Nicoale: Fine

Team BRJN are up!

Verden & Sky

The dog presses up against the passenger side door barking hysterically and flecking the window with slobber until a rabbit faunus in oil stained overalls marches across the yard towards them.

"Oi! Leave the nice customers alone you horrible thing!" She laughs and yanks the dog away by it's collar. "Name's Geanie and this is my yard. What can I do for you nice fellas?"

Team ????

The cracked screen lights up, immediately flashing up '10% power', the background looks to be some kind of shovel/rifle hybrid lying in the sand. The contents of the phone are pretty unremarkable but certainly mark the owner out as being one of the many bandits that roams the lurk in the desert and prey on travelers and the smaller settlements that dot the sands which would certainly explain the large amounts of dust you found.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

After the Faunus woman restrains the dog, Verden opens the door and hops out.

"Name's Verden," he says, offering a hand for a handshake, "We were looking to sell this truck, and Nessa told us that this was a good place to do just that."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Jason was basically operating under the impression that Nicoale had his back, but the fact remained, he was the one who picked this fight. It created a certain obligation. So when one of those bullets went flying past Bashe, too far to the side for it to be heading for Jason, he hurled himself in the way of it. The shot bounced harmlessly off his Aura-formed scales.

That being said, having just jumped in the way of a bullet for her made it kinda obvious to Jason that the sudden violently-prideful anger that flared up towards her was being externally induced.

"Raahhh! Oh no you didn't just try to lay the mind-whammy on me!" he snarled as he forced himself to think clearly, redirecting the artificial anger right back towards his foes. "And you lot! Did you not hear me when I said Gingerbread Men! BURNING CYCLONE!"

The scales vanished, and Bashe and Ryuu lunged forward, Bashe becoming a highly translucent white as Jason invested a mote of Wind Dust into him, while Ryuu took on a sunset-bright crimson as he was invested with fire. Bashe went for the goons, attacking with wind-augmented speed, while Ryuu struck for Fanny Pack with a searing bite!

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Nah.

Free: Swapping back to Dragon Fists for the Elongation.

Free: Swap to Sear and Galespeed.

Standard: Attack with Burning Cyclone, Multiattacking for 2. I'm using Multiattack to attack Minni at (1d20+6)[24] and one of the goons at Routine 16.

On a hit, Minni takes Toughness DC 23 vs. Damage, and if she fails to beat DC 18, she also loses Toughness equal to the points below. The Weaken does not have Multiattack, so it only applies to her. The goon simply takes Toughness DC 23, and if he drops, use Takedown to move on to the others with Routine attacks.

Current Status: Normal.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Coale eyed Jason's unsuspecting back. One shot is all it would take to put him in his place. He hadn't even seemed to register all the 'No Faunus Allowed' signs hanging in shop windows on the way here! Coale readied her railgun- and watched as Jason lept to the side, taking a bullet that had been meant for her.

Even if he'd been impervious to the bullet, he still could have pressed the attack instead of going out of his way to protect her. Then she realized her anger hadn't abated, and she'd been about to shoot her partner in the back. The false anger she'd felt towards Jason was burned away by the genuine article, and Coale's rage burned cold.

She shouldered Caladbolg as she focused her semblance on the fan girl's goons, marking all their positions. In mortar mode, Caladbolg was capable of launching heavy ordinance almost 3 miles. In Railgun mode, all that energy was being applied to launching a metal jacketed high caliber bullet, which was still a much smaller projectile. Even at the partial strength she normally fired at, what those rounds did to unarmored aura-less targets wasn't pretty. But after the fan girl's mental whammy, Coale wasn't feeling merciful as she fired her opening salvo.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move: Nah
    Standard: Shoot furthest Goon with Quick-Shot. Power Attack 1 for Routine Attack 17, Damage DC 24.
    If Goon drops, use Takedown to continue Routine Attacking goons at the same bonus.

If Jason's multiattack dropped all the goons,
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hopping out of the truck as well and keeping a wary on on the apparently either exitable or rabid dog, Sky nods. "We recently came across some bandits, and considering they did not need this anymore, we were guided here. What sort of price still working, slightly used truck fetches around here?" he inquires, watching her keenly for her reply. Although the faunus looks like honest sort, he would much rather not get scammed if he can avoid it. Splitting the money with headmistress already hits their earnings for this enough.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Team BRJN

Between the pair of them Minni's goon squad doesn't stand a chance and they're all quickly sprawled out on the ground, their armour doing nothing to protect them in the way that Minni's aura shielded her from Ryuu's bite. Another wave of negative emotions threaten to turn Nicoale and Jason against each other as Minni leaps over the help and lashes out at Jason with the razor sharp edges of her fans in a whirling dance of blades.

Spoiler: Perception (DC15)
    Show
    The wall. The very important wall that protects the city from bandits and roving packs of Grimm? It's starting to crack.

Show
    Jason make a DC23 Toughness Save
    Nicoale and Jason make a DC20 Will Save vs Impaired/Compelled/Controlled to attack each other
    ----
    Minni: Fatigued
    Nicoale: Fine

Team BRJN are up!

Verden & Sky

"Bandits hey? Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of blokes!" The woman lets go of her dog circles the vehicle, inspecting it with a critical eye whilst her pet immediately makes a beeline for Sky, jumping up on to the Atlisian native and licking his face excitably. "Tell you what, 'cause you're Nessie's boys and I like you, I'm gonna do you a deal. We'll call it 150 Lien for the whole thing lock, stock and barrel. How's that sound?"

((I scoured the internet for information on what a Lien might be worth and I couldn't find anything so I'm just gonna go right on ahead and lazily assume that 1 Lien = $1))
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2016-04-20 at 02:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Jason was already wise to Minni's mind-whammy, so ignoring it this time was a trivial matter, and his aura absorbed the impact of her fan without trouble, a faint tracery of scales appearing just above his skin where it slashed across. "Negative!" he said in a cheerily bombastic tone, a big ol' grin on his face.

With the odds unevened in their favor, the smart play seemed to be setting Nicoale up for the finisher. "GLACIER BREATHING PUNCH!" he yelled, Ryuu slinking around behind her while he contracted Bashe back, releasing some Water Dust into both of them. Bashe turned a deep sea blue as Jason lashed out with a heavy, confidently aggressive punch. If it hit, Bashe would breath out a blast of water that would knock her back into Ryuu's coils before Bashe lunged forward, the two dragons working to bind her as the again-ice-like Ryuu sank his frozen teeth into her, freezing the water around her.

If he bound her successfully, he'd take a couple steps back, both to get out of reach of those fans and to give Nicoale an opening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Activate Freeze and Riptide.

Standard: Attack with Glacier Breathing Punch, All Out Attack for 5, Power Attack for 2, at (1d20+11)[24]. On a hit, Toughness DC 25 vs. Damage, Fortitude DC 20 vs. Dazed+Vulnerable/Stunned+Defenseless Affliction, and Strength or Dodge DC 22 (after +2 from Extra Limbs) against Move Object used as a Grab. Jason does have Improved Grab and Improved Hold, so attempts to Escape the grab will be at -5, and he's not Vulnerable while Grabbing.

Move: If she's either Dazed or Grab, move back out of her reach so that she'd have to move or use a ranged attack to attack him, maintaining the Grab by extending the dragons. Otherwise meh.

Current Status: -5 Defense this turn.

It was then that he noticed the wall cracking. "Hey wait stop!" he shouted. "What's that?" he asked, looking warily at the crack.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2016-04-20 at 02:04 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright, now we know we definitely want someone on watch at all times.
    The attempted return!

Nexus Character: Ary

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Well, I was counting on you for someone. If you don't have a spare character, I start to get worried.
    Here're a bunch of old avatars made for me
    Spoiler
    Show

Sig space limited so credits to the creators of my avatars

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Coale was prepared for the next mental blow but still felt a haze over her thoughts. She'd failed to beat it back entirely. Her ears focused sharply on the fan girl. No way was Coale going to let this girl beat her.

With the rabble dispatched, Coale turned her railgun on the enforcer and started weaving the barrel. Most Aura users learned to track a gun and avoid incoming fire. Coale had simply practiced how to hide where she was aiming. She tracked her target, waiting for an opening. Then, in the background, she saw the cracks start to form in the wall. The wall, which protected the city from Grimm. Then the girl jumped to avoid Jason's freezing strike and Coale had her opening. She pulled the trigger.

Most of the time when Coale fired Caladbolg she only let the magnets partially charge to get the shot off quicker, letting the gunpowder do most of the work. Admittedly, the heavy caliber bullet alone provided more penetrating power than she needed most of the time. This was not most of the time. The entire time she'd been aiming, the railgun had been building up charge. Backed by the full power of Caladbolg, the heavy caliber round roared as it split the air.

Then she cast her Semblance over the wall and a vision of a swarm of Gimm led by a massive Creep greeted her. "Grimm Attack," she breathed

Show
    Move: Agile Feint (-5 for Move Action): (1d20+9)[23]
    Standard: Aim at Minni
    Extra Effort: Max Power Attack, Max All-Out-Attack Charged Shot on Minni. Attack roll: (1d20+11)[26]. On Hit, DC 28 Dodge vs Damage & DC 23 Fortitude vs Weaken (Toughness)
    Free: Switch Semblance to Farsight and look outside the wall

Impaired, -5 Defense, Distracted (Vulnerable)
    Coale will be fatigued next round.
    Last edited by Dorni; 2016-04-20 at 08:59 PM.
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

There are times that Sky's patience is truly sorely tested, and it seems that his day of initiation into Shade will be one of such days. He has never been particularly fond of excitable pets... Not getting his face messed up. The two put together are enough to make him grit his teeth.

But he will still not do anything violent... Because he is civilized. And also because he does not want to alienate the merchant, no matter how sorely she needs to teach her pet manners.

Slowly yet insistently stopping the dog from licking him by putting his hand in the way of the thing's snout, Sky speaks out in tense voice. "Could...you tell your dog to back off?" he says slowly. "And 150 lien for an entire vehicle? That is hardly enough to buy food for a week. These things go in the thousands, surely."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Verden chuckles at Sky's predicament. He leans against his staff, contemplating the situation before giving a shrug.

"Eh, for the effort we put into getting this, 150 Lien is okay," Verden says, "Although, supporting the Huntsmen means a brighter future for Vacuo, know what I'm sayin'?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Persuasion: (1d20+7)[23]

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Team BRJN

Minni sliced through Jason's attempt to harm her aided by her razor-sharp fans, the whole thing would be rather elegant if not for the fact that they were, you know...locked in combat with her. This routine however was no match for the sheer amount of power put out by Nicoale's railgun, which easily pushes through the slight girl's spinning and twists to nail her hard, her aura barely holding up against the attack.

"They should have paid." Minni replies smugly to the both of them before the wall behind her gives way under a combination of caustic bile and the mass of Grimm slamming against it. The girl leaps out of the way, her aura propelling her on to the relative safety of the roof of Earl's shack as the smaller Grimm flood through the hole. Towering over them the large creep stamps through and lets out an enormous shrieking roar!

Show
    Minni fails her Toughness Save by 2 degrees takes a Bruise and is Dazed
    ----
    Minni: Fatigued/Dazed/Bruised x1
    Nicoale: Fatigued
    Alpha Creep:Fine
    Creep x10:Fine

Verden & Sky

"Not a dog person? He's just being friendly." The woman laughs, picking a piece of junk of the ground and hurling away, sending the dog bounding off in hot pursuit. That done she continues to circle the truck, stopping in front of Verden "Here's what I'll do for you..." whatever she was going to say is cut off by the sound of crumbling masonry and a piercing shriek of Grimm calls.

"Oh bloody hell, something's breached the wall! New deal, you two stop whatever the hell that was getting any closer and we'll call it 300 square!"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

"You're behind this!?" Jason shouted in shocked fury, his brashly confident demeanor finally giving way to actual anger.

See, there was something important to know about Jason.

Yes, Faunus had gotten a raw deal, and that wasn't cool.

Yes, the White Fang was hurting a lot of people, and that wasn't cool.

Yes, companies like Shnee were greedy and exploitative, and that wasn't cool.

Yes, criminals like Minni and her Mr. Carpenter were preying on other people, and that wasn't cool.

This was all generally Bad Stuff, and somebody should definitely deal with it. And hey, when Jason saw a situation where he could try to be part of the solution, sure, fair enough, he was down.

But at the end of the day, yes, Jason considered these all relatively minor problems. He didn't really see them as his responsibility, and he didn't really think about them that much. Maybe that was insensitive of him. But what could he say?

They just couldn't compare to the giant rampaging hate monsters that had taken over something like 99% of the entire planet!

And if this Minni had just done something that put one of the last four bastions of civilization in danger, because some guy hadn't paid a debt?

Well, that there changed things. That meant she wasn't just some punk criminal. That meant she was working with the Grimm, a traitor to civilization as a whole.

"FIRE BREATHING FISTS!" Jason shouted at the top of his lungs, extending Bashe out to before the encroaching Grimm while Ryuu snaked up towards Minni, both of the dragons loosing gouts of Dust-fueled flames from their maws.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: I'm good.

Free: Activate Ryuu's Breath and Bashe's Breath.

Standard: Using the Feature to target two individual 60' cones rather than a single 120' cone, fire breath the Grimm with one hand and Minni with the other. Dodge DC 18 for half, Toughness DC 23/19 vs. Damage.

Current Status: Normal.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Nigel was fine letting the silence draw itself out, it was only natural after such conversations, but eventually he filled it with humming as he busily moved about despite the approach of the mid-day sun which would soon force the rest to seek shade or cook, he had no such worries.

Eventually however, he decided to try and get to know his team again.
    "So! Other than becoming huntsman, what are we all looking to specialize in while at Shade? I'm planning on doing the core Dust Mage and Aura Artist curriculum instead of fully specializing, while pursuing engineering."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jason, we can deal with her later! We have to stop this now" Coale called as she fired into the mass of oncoming Grimm, every shot precise.

Show
    Standard: Quick Shot on nearest Creep, Power Attack 2, Routine for 16, Damage DC 25. Use Takedown to continue firing.

If Minni runs, will track her with Semblance. Insight 30 to notice.
    Last edited by Dorni; 2016-04-30 at 09:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

"Whoa!" Verden exclaims at the sound of incoming Grimm. He whirls around, no longer leaning on his staff. He points his staff in the direction of the Grimm sounds and looks carefully to see if he can identify what's going on over there. After doing so, he rests his staff on one shoulder and runs towards the sound, activating his aura.

"You got a deal, miss!" Verden yells over his shoulder, "Come on, Sky-guy!"

Once he sees some form of Grimm, he takes cover to keep himself out of sight as he looks over the situation.

Show
    Perception: (1d20+6)[12]

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

His thoughts about the annoying dog and possible price negotiations regarding the used junker of a car suddenly forgotten at the new development, Sky nods in response to the faunus' words, taking off alongside Verden. If Grimm breach the wall and properly invade Shade barely any time after his arrival, his academic career is likely going to take a nosedive... And countless innocent people are going to get butchered.

It seems that there is no rest for the weary when it comes to their profession.

"Stick close. I can move us both rapidly around if I can touch you" he notes to Verden before also attempting to take stock of the situation.

Show
    (1d20+5)[12] (Perception)

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Team BRJN

The lesser Grimm don't stand a chance against Nicoale and Jason's combined assault and even Minni takes some licks, only just managing to leap off of the shack's roof as the whole building is ignited by Ryuu's flaming breath. Her work done and having no desire to brawl in broad daylight with a pair of Huntsman Minni takes off as fast as she can, a fact that doesn't escape the notice of Nicoale's sharp Faunus senses.

Protected by its sheer bulk the Alpha Creep is unaffected by Bashe's blazing breath, returning in kind with a gout of caustic green bile.

Show
    Jason make a DC20 Dodge Save and then a DC20/15 Fortitude Save vs Weaken Toughness and a DC20/25 Toughness Save
    Nicoale make a DC20 Dodge Save and then a DC20/15 Fortitude Save vs Weaken Toughness and a DC20/25 Toughness Save
    ---
    Minni fails her Toughness Save by 2 Degrees is Dazed and takes a Bruise
    The Creeps fail their Toughness Saves and are Incapacitated
    ------
    Minni: Fatigued/Bruised x2
    Nicoale: Fatigued

Team BRJN are up!

Verden and Sky

From a distance the pair can make out a gap where a portion used to be along with the top of some enormous creature easily noticeable towering over nearby buildings. Unfortunately for Verden even at his top speed it would take him far too long to simply sprint to the beast's location, if only he knew someone capable of warping shortcuts in physical space...

((Okay so we've got the other team waiting for this scenario to resolve so here's what I'm gonna do. Grim you can take a free power stunt for the purpose of getting Sky and Verden to the Creep fight))

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Verden slows down, turning around to look at Sky. He snaps his weapon into rifle form, putting it up to his shoulder in preparation.

"Alright then, Sky," Verden says, his face much more serious than it was before, "Get me a sniping post."

He looks down the scope, getting ready for action.

Show
    Readying an action to shoot the first thing that looks like a Grimm.

Attack (four points of Power Attack): (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: Toughness DC 23

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Jason glared at the building and abruptly told it to cease its shenanigans, investing Ryuu with some ice dust to put out the flames with another breath.

The Alpha Creep's own shenanigans were met but a sudden flaring of Aura-forged scales, the caustic substance striking them harmlessly and splattering down to sizzle through the ground. Jason turned his glare upon it, and sent Bashe and Ryuu lunging forward, Bashe attacking with Wind-Dusted speed while Ryuu spat a focused jet of flame through his teeth. "SEARING WHIRLWIND FLURRY!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Might want to come up with a use for this action one of these days.

Standard: Ryuu's Breath as a Counter on the burning building at (1d20+8)[16].

Extra Effort - Additional Standard Action: Sear+Galespeed on the Alpha Creep at (1d20+8)[19]. On a hit, Toughness DC 23+Multiattack vs. Damage, and if it fails to beat DC 18 (no Multiattack) it loses Toughness equal to the points it failed by.

Current Status: Fatigued as of next turn.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Nodding with serious expression as he runs along with Verden, Sky grabs the fox boy's shoulder with his gauntlet, his weapons unfolded and ready for battle. He seems utterly focused to his task, the air warping slightly about him in odd aura reflecting light chaotically all around. "Will do. Keep an ear out, I am going to try and get us a strategy once we have clearer line of sight and can better see what's going on" the atlesian huntsman in training says in determined tone.

He has to focus for this. This is first time he has attempted to try pushing his teleportation this far, and with a passenger no less… But he HAS to try. They are sorely needed, and if he won’t be able to get them where they need to be, innocent people will most likely die.

His aura intensifying, Sky lets out a grunt of effort.

The space around them shatters like glass, twisting into knots and non-euclidean corridors going on forever. It is likely quite odd experience for a first timer, and not quite like usual one for Sky either. And it tires him like something else altogether too. Overcharging one’s semblance always takes it’s toll.

Luckily enough, they exit the disorienting spatial trip in split second and end up on top of the wall overlooking the entire affair. "...That is a big Grimm" he notes sagely, his spear already in it's blaster configuration as he prepares for battle.

Show
    Using the extra effort to switch Sky’s teleportation down 2 ranks to get Extended and Easy modifiers, and teleporting Sky and Verden to the top of the wall with extended teleport (that uses up 2 move actions).

Luckily no fatigue, since free power stunt.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Can't let it escape

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Dazed
    Standard: Power Attack 2 Aim for the Legs. Attack Roll: 1d20+6[/roll]. On hit, Dodge DC 20 vs Weaken (dodge) and Dodge DC 20 vs Hindered/Immobilized Affliction. Fort 20 to recover from Affliction.

Last edited by Dorni; 2016-04-24 at 12:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Team VJNS! (Maybe?)

Jason's quick thinking extinguishes the flames around the shack almost as quickly as the began, more or less saving the building, but that's probably of little comfort to him right now.

Even with the sudden appearance of more Hunters the enormous Grimm stands strong against all comers, roaring triumphantly as each blow is easily absorbed by its armoured body. In retaliation it leaps in to the air with an energy that belies its bulk and comes crashing back down shaking the ground and the very foundation of the wall around it!

Show

Jason make a DC20 Dodge Save and a DC20/25 Toughness Save and a DC15/20 Fortitude Save vs Dazed&Vulnerable/Stunned&Prone with Instant Recovery
    Nicoale make a DC20 Dodge Save and a DC20/25 Toughness Save and a DC15/20 Fortitude Save vs Dazed&Vulnerable/Stunned&Prone with Instant Recovery
    Sky make a DC10 Acrobatics Check to avoid falling off the wall (DC21 Toughness Save if you hit the ground)
    Verden make a DC10 Acrobatics Check to avoid falling off the wall (DC21 Toughness Save if you hit the ground)
    ----
    Jason: Fatigued
    Nicoale: Fatigued/Bruised x1
    Sky:Fine
    Verden:Fine

Team VNJS are up!
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2016-04-25 at 03:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Jason grunted and slid back a step from the force of the shockwave, but his Aura kept him in good stead. "Welcome to the party!" he called over to the other two Hunters is they appeared.

This thing was tough. What they needed was an exposed weakness to hit. "GLACIER BREATHING PUNCH!" Jason yelled, the dragons lunging forward and taking on forms of ice and water as they struck, aiming to freeze the creature and bind it tight, to hopefully leave it open to the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Meh.

Standard: Attack with Freeze and Riptide, Power Attacking for 4, at (1d20+4)[16]. On a hit, Toughness DC 27 vs. Damage, Fortitude DC 22 vs. Dazed+Vulnerable/Stunned+Defenseless Affliction, and Strength or Dodge DC 22 vs. Move Object as a Grab attempt.

Current Status: Fatigued, 1 Bruise.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Coale dropped to one knee, one elbow proped on her other knee in a prone shooting stance that she'd adopted purely by choice and absolutely not because of the force of the Grimm's last attack.

Her purely precautionary measure to stop splitting her attention following the fan girl died when two newcomers appeared on the wall. Clearly they were Shade students, but the other first years shouldn't have made it out of the desert yet; these two had to be upperclassmen. Coale wasn't about to be 1-upped by them. A lesser student would settle for killing this Grimm; Shade's future top student was going to slay the grim, protect the town, pick up the package, and locate the Carpenter's hideout.

Even as she lined up her shot, she thought furiously. Just standing here shooting wasn't going to cut it. Grimm lived to kill. Sooner or later it would tire of smashing up the wall. If it destroyed Earl's shack they'd loose the package. If it made it to Buffer it would kill indiscriminately. They needed to get its attention and hold it in place or lead it away from town. But they'd need to get past it first.

"Hey Jason!" Coale called between shots. "I've got an idea. Think you can handle an airdrop?"

Show
    Move: Dazed
    Free: Drop Prone
    Standard: Power Attack 2 Aim for the Legs. Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[15]. On hit, Dodge DC 20 vs Weaken (dodge) and Hindered/Immobilized Affliction. Fort 20 to recover from Affliction on subsequent rounds.

Last edited by Dorni; 2016-04-25 at 11:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Verden sways for a moment, but maintains his position. He waves his cap to the Huntsman who greeted him. However, he quickly puts it back on and looks over the massive Grimm. It was big enough to soak all the fire they had sent towards it, even with the other Huntsmen down below firing on it. Surely there was a weak point on him. He watches one of the Huntsmen firing at the Grimm's legs.

"Good idea!" he thinks.

Verden carefully aims each of the Grimm's legs, firing off a shot at each of them. He aims for the kneecaps, hoping to cripple the beast and render it open to attack.

Show
    Spending a Hero Point for a Power Stunt.

Down You Go!: Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; vulnerable, defenseless); Limited Degree

Stolen Sight (Power Attack 5, All-out Attack 5): (1d20+12)[22]
    Fortitude DC: 23

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Smiling dryly at the cavalier attitude of the boy bizarrely growing dragons out of his hands, Sky goes on to follow Verden's example, sending out a blast of warped space at the Grimm. He is not bothering with exactly aimed shots, instead merely looking to add little more damage on top of the strikes of other students and see how the Alpha Creep would react.

Show
    Attacking the Alpha Creep.

(1d20+10)[23] (Attack)
    DC is 21

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

"Down!" Jason called back to Coale with a big ol' grin.

"DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!" Bashe added enthusiastically.

"I'm not sure what's worse. The fact that this woman seems to be actively looking for excuses to send us hurtling through the air at irresponsible, possibly-lethal speeds, or the fact that I approve of the idea every time."

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Despite its size the beast proves surprisingly nimble, rolling clear of Jason and Nicoale's attacks before turning its attention to the source of the shots that ping off of its hide. Roaring angrily it hoses down the wall with the contents of its gullet, the substance hissing as it begins eating through the stonework.

Elsewhere, and convinced that she's not being followed, Minni sheathes her fans in the holster on her back giving Nicoale a girl look at her face and the small pair of stumps jutting out from the top of her mouth. The sound of their battle had not gone unnoticed and she was able to slip in to a crowd of people being rushed out of the area easily enough.

Show
    Verden make a DC20 Dodge Save and then a DC20/25 Toughness Save and a DC20/15 Fortitude Save vs Weaken Toughness
    Sky make a DC20 Dodge Save and then a DC20/25 Toughness Save and a DC20/15 Fortitude Save vs Weaken Toughness
    ---
    Jason: Fatigued/Bruised x1
    Nicoale: Fatigued/Distracted/Prone/Bruised x2
    Sky:Fine
    Verden:Fine

Team VJSN are up!