New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Evolight Outer Plane

Evolight: Outer Plane

You awaken in a strange place. Your room, in which resides a scrying location to observe the Inner Plane, your Avatar, your artefacts and notes of your miracles. Strangely enough, your artefacts and your Avatar feel more real than yourself. You also notice a door and you know something is through it.

When you pass through the door, you would notice you came through a dark blot. You would be in a green-blueish sphere, standing on a green bridge towards the center disk. On the large disk resides a watery pool, which can be used to scry the Inner Plane from. And there would be three other dark blots, three other doors. You would know you can shape your own dark blot as you wish and likely much of this surrounding as well. But the watery pool and the doors seem almost untouchable..

OOC Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5677847
    Immortal Status: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102818
    Species Status: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102816
    Inner Plane: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102813

Note
    Remember to indicate when things happen at the top of your post. Please describe your room in your first post. You are free to change your own appearance (not that of your avatar) while in the Outer Plane. You can change your room and the central room at will, but the central room will revert its original shape at the start of each turn. The exception is your door, which you and only you can alter.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2009-01-25 at 03:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Evolight Outer Plane

Turn 1.0, Eliyanna's Room, Eliyanna Shadran

Spoiler
    Show
    It is cold. Dastardly cold. A young woman with pale skin and black hair reaches down to pull up the blanket, only to feel that there isn't one there. Mumbling curses at the world, she finally has the courage to open her eyes against her pounding headache, expecting lances of light to shoot into them the moment she does.

It is pitch black.

She blinks, then blinks again. Finally she stands up from the cold nothingness on which she had been laying and begins to take stock.

"I...am blind?" she asks, her voice seemingly sucked into the void surrounding her the instant it leaves her lips. She shivers, wrapping her arms around herself, trying to hold back the chill.

"Even if I can't see the fire there should be one around here somewhere..."

And with that simple phrase, a torch appears, fixed to a rough wall made apparently of stone. The woman blinks against the harsh light, shielding her eyes until they adjust. When she finally does lower her hands, she walks over to the torch, taking it from its sconce. She savors the warmth for a bit, and then waves it around, trying to distinguish shapes and finding none.

"What am I in, a cave?"

Suddenly her voice echoes from stone, and the blackness feels somehow...closer. The woman can feel stone beneath her feet, and hear water dripping in the distance. A cool breeze brushes by her, and the torch flickers, casting shadows. She experiences this, and the wheels in her head begin to turn...

"More torches." And all the walls of the cave are suddenly festooned with torches, revealing the stalactites and stalagmites of the cave, casting strange dancing shadows on the walls. The woman grins, and begins calling out orders, sometimes shouting, sometimes whispering, but each time they are heard and the world around her begins to morph.

Now she is standing in an old mansion study, a large warm fire crackling sedately in the fireplace. Comfortable chairs rest around it, and an endtable holds a crystal glass with some brown clear liquid residing in it. A lush carpet of red with gold embroidery covers the wood flooring, and the ceiling reaches high above the ground, an unlit chandelier scattering the light from the fireplace around the room. Books rest in shelves, collecting dust. Windows look out onto a green expanse of land, and farther out a lake reflects the moonlight and starlight of the night sky up above. Beyond that is a forest, shrouded in darkness. The woman smiles, then frowns. "Nice, but I need to be faster." With that, she closes her eyes and exhales. When she opens them again, she is out next to the lake, standing next to its mirror sheen. She turns and looks into the forest, there seeing a strange shape. Walking into the forest, she breaks a branch off of a tree and it comes alight, working as a makeshift torch. The light from the branch reveals an eight-legged beast. A large brown and black trantula sits there, unmoving.

"You...what are you? You...are me. And yet not me. I did not make you, but I know you. You are...Eliyanna Shadran. I am Eliyanna Shadran. We are one, but seperate." She smiles. "Things are coming together, my pet. I am coming together..." She turns and walks back to the lake. Looking down on its placid waters, she gazes at her reflection...and winks at it.

"Time for a change."

Her body seems to grow darker, her hair floating up around her body. Finally her form begins to dissolve, slowly turning into a black amorphous cloud, shifting in the breeze but not moving with it. The cloud hovers over the lake for a little while longer, then reappears back in the house. It drifts lazily over to the crystal goblet. Inside, in a shimmer given to it by the flickering firelight, there is the hazy image of an island, covered in trees and hills and plains.

"Mmm, what's this then? More things I haven't made..." eminates from the cloud. A tendril of smoke drifts out and swirls the liquid, changing the perspective and appearance of the image in it. This seems to interest the cloud for a while, but then it moves on.

"I wonder if there is anything else I haven't made..."

With that, a hitherto unnoticed door, shrouded in shadow, cracks open. The cloud drifts over too it and wraps around it. Inside there is a small, bare room of cold, worked stone. On the other side of the room there is another plain oaken door with a single gold-colored doorknob. The grain of the wood continually flows and shifts, however. The door that Eliyanna came through shuts behind her. Before going through the other door, the cloud pauses, then reopens the first door. Now, where there was a cozy mansion study, there is a cold torchlit cave. The door is shut and opened again, and now there is a grassy field under a midday sun. The door is shut for the last time, and a cloudy hand and arm reach out for the gold doorknob on the untried door. The knob turns, and the door cracks open.

Turn 1.1, Outer Plane, Eliyanna Shadran

A simple oaken door takes shape at the end of one of the bridges. The grain of the wood constantly shifts and changes, bewitching the eye. A plain gold doorknob serves to open it. The knob turns, and a black shifting cloud slips out of the crack, the door shutting behind it. The cloud drifts around the plain room, circling the pool of water in the center. It also floats over the other three bridges, before returning to the center of the room.

"Well, I didn't make it. I guess that's all I asked for. I wonder if I can alter it as well..."
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2009-01-22 at 11:23 AM.
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Brisivous Outer Plane 1.0

He slowly opens his eyes to test the light, but there is no light. "This place needs light." The room turns into a cave with torches lighting the painting covered walls and a softly glowing, blue crystal floating over a crystal clear pool. A dull brown door stood outm against the cave wall. "That needs to be changed." The door became a blood red door with a n earthen symbol on it and a clay door handle. His eye was then drawn to a draconic figure standing next to a wall. Feeling it was him, but not him. "Very nice." Artefacts were hanging on the wall next to him. "Very very nice. Now let's look at that pool." He moved over to the poll. "Oh, its a window."

Brisivous Outer Plane 1.1

"Let's see. These fire guys look interesting. Hmm.. Let's see how this little guy does." He enters the mirror and appears in the innerplane plane as his avatar with all the artefacts on him.
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2009-01-24 at 09:53 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC: Sorry if I ninja'd anyone ))

Turn 1.2, Outer Plane, Eliyanna Shadran

"Ah well, nothing for it but to try, I guess." The black cloud swirls and shifts faster, and the Outer Plane appearance begins to shift. First, a ring of gold glows brightly on the wall around Eliyanna's door, then tendrils of this gold begin to snake around and away from the door along the wall, covering it in a beauriful design which reaches from ceiling to floor but stops halfway between her door and the ones to either side. Then the walls themselves begin to change, as the featureless sphere becomes a hollow cube of worked stone. Heatless torches adorn the walls at regular intervals, casting their flickering light around the room, illuminating it easily. On each of the four walls, in between the torches, there now hangs floor to ceiling tapestries of black velvet with gold embroidery around the edges. In the center of each is an intricate design in the style of an eight-pointed star done in the form of a celtic knot, done in gold.

The cloud shifts again, and a chairlike object rises from the ground next to the edge of the central pool closest to her door. It seems to be an hourglass shape, with the top hollowed in to form a bowl. It is made of a material akin to obsidian, with veins of polished gold shooting through it. The black cloud settles into the hollow bowl with an audible sigh.

"Well, given as there's one of me and four doors in total, we must assume that there are others. Let's leave them a note." A tendril of black mist wisps out and draws a small circle around the viewing pool. Glowing letters begin to form around the pool.

To all those who arrive while I am away. I am Eliyanna Shadran, the Owner and Ruler of this place. It is by my gracious will that you are brought here, and I welcome you all. As you no doubt have noticed, I have provided you with a pool with which to see the other Realm, as well as supplying you in your own rooms with various other handy items. What you do with them is up to you. Again, I wish you all welcome, and good luck. If I am able I will answer any questions you may have if I am around.

The cloud seems to compress a little into the bowl, giving the impression of slumping into the seat. "Well, that's that. I guess all that leaves is to figure out how to work this pool thing. I can feel a...tug, almost. But how to utilize it? I guess I just go with the feeling..." The cloud calms in the bowl as Eliyanna Shadran manifests her avatar deep in Khiir lands...
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2009-01-24 at 12:52 PM.

-The True Jerian Rumple

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Turn 1.0, Dimos' Realm

A wild thunderstorm was raging. Bolts of lightning striking back and forth, the sound of thunder deafening. Suddenly, something began to take shape in the center of it all, seemingly formed from the wind and the clouds themselves. As Dimos gained consciousness for the very first time, he thought he heard a voice. So strong... It could be heard even over the thunder.

He bowed his head and nodded as he replied. "Yes. Yes, mistress. I will do your will." Fate had spoken to him. He knew the way.

Although he hadn't even existed for more then mere moments Dimos realized that his head was full of knowledge. Who he was. Where he was. What he could do. What he had to do.

Untouched by the raging storm Dimos flew through the room, eventually passing through a door that took the shape of constantly shifting yet totally solid clouds behind him.

Turn 1.0, Outer Plane

Without even fully knowing what he was doing Dimos headed for the center of the room and the pool of water located there. He had never seen it before yet knew exactly what it's purpose was. She had told him.

As he gazed into the water, seeing strange yet oddly familiar lands, Dimos could feel his mind changing, as if it travelled to another body.

All went dark and elsewhere, both very close and an unbelievable distance away, Dimos' avatar opened it's eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Since I don't know anything about Evolight's comsomolgy, I'll leave it open to interpretation whether Dimos' Mistress Fate actually exists or if he's just delusional.
    Last edited by Lykainon; 2009-01-27 at 03:31 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 2.0, Outer Plane, Eliyanna Shadran

The cloud in the chair swirls and grows, as if stretching. It swirls around, as the room slowly melts back to its original form. No, this just won't do..., she thinks to herself, and in an instant the room is reformed as it was after her first makeover job. She looks around and seemingly for the first time notices the other being in the room with her. She floats over to it and says, softly. "Hello. Are you...around? Or are you elsewhere?"

-The True Jerian Rumple

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Evolight Outer Plane

Turn 3.0, Outer Plane, Dimos

Having made decision as he stood by the scrying pool, Dimos decided to take action. He sent his avatar to the Inner Plane but not before leaving a message behind for his peers.

"Immortals,
    I trust you have all discovered the strange objects
    that has appeared all over the lands. We should
    discuss it together. I urge you all to meet me as
    soon as possible at the center of the Inner Plane.

Dimos"

OOC: In case anyone's wondering, the center is naturally B2 and as soon as possible is turn 3.1.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3.9, Outer Plane, Eliyanna Shadran

The cloud begins to boil, and drifts off into Eliyanna's room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eliyanna feels the strength of the Khiir flowing through her form, and she rejoices. Clearly, the little beasts were aiding her somehow. All these thoughts and feelings were whizzing around her mind, until finally she stretched out a whispy arm, and the tip began to glow black. Rather than fade away, however, it remained. This, then, was what her new power had given her.

Researched: Level 2 (Level 1 power, Level 1 Duration) Hallucination (same as Minor Hallucination, just lasts longer)

-The True Jerian Rumple

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 4.9, Eliyanna's Room

Spoiler
    Show
    Eliyanna broods in her room. Attempting to take her mind off of her most recent setback, she instead chooses to focus on her increased power, and practices the feeling of another Miracle.

Researched Level 2 Sense Group Desires, Level 1 Power Level 1 Size

-The True Jerian Rumple

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 5.0, Tumanis' Room

The darkness dims and fades into leaves and forest. The space feels open, full of possibility, with trees as far as vision extends. Tumanis stirs from the treetops and drops to the ground, his frame rustling with movement. He passes his Avatar, resting on the floor as a ball, and a pool of still water in a clearing. He wanders for a time through the forest, until he comes upon a cluster of branches and leaves. It bends and stretches at his gesture, revealing an opening to a slender bridge leading to a clear pool. He sits for a time, still, and learns of the world below. Having discovered the use of the scrying pool, he returns to his room and the pool inside it, and sits, extending his consciousness and his avatar into the world below.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tumanis spends Turn 5.0-5.1 figuring out what is going on, then scrys his avatar down into the Inner Plane.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 5.0-5.99, Eliyanna Shadran, Eliyanna's Room

Spoiler
    Show
    Eliyanna sits in her room, trying to decide what to do next as she peers down onto the world. She had done her best teaching the Khiir how to hunt the Strongbeasts, but she knew it wouldn't be enough. What she needed was inspiration. What she needed was...

THAT!

She watches as the Khiir take down the giant beast, some of their own getting crushed in the process. She smiles wickedly, a thought forming in her head. Now she needed to wait an appropriate amount of time...

((OOC: Sorry all, school decided to kick it up a notch. Hopefully I'll be around more, at least until thursday))

-The True Jerian Rumple

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 6.0, Tumanis' Room

Tumanis spends some time working a piece of wood into another of his Spears, then turns his attention back to the world below . . .

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 7.99-8.0, Tumanis' Room

Tumanis takes an overnight breather from his incredible trek across the jungles and desert and tinkers around in his woods. He eventually comes up with a knife that makes woodcarving much easier, even for him.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I kinda meant to do this somewhere in Turn 7, but the turn ended before I got around to it. The Sathid trek across the desert meant that Tumanis kinda had to sneak away for a day or two to do this. Um, crafting an artifact, by the way: Woodcarver's Knife: Improves woodcarving and makes wood carved with it stronger and more resistant to flame, at Zweans' discretion as approved by Zweanslord. It won't be appearing on the Avatar until mid-Turn 8.
    Last edited by Myani; 2009-02-22 at 04:23 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 9.0, Tumanis' Room

Tumanis spends some time in his room, learning more about his powers, and honing his ability to carve wood - in time, he develops a method to pull the wood out of a tree, shaping it to his desire.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tumains researches a level 2 miracle, Gifts of the Woodlands, that transforms a tree into a similar volume of carved wooden objects. The precess takes a few moments, but is quite impressive as spears, seats, and blocks of wood begin to surface out of the bark as if they were rising out of a pond.

--Pending Zweans' approval as a level 2 miracle--