New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Streets of Atalya Volume Two: Tentacles

Horacio

Horacio curses vehemently in several dark languages mentally.

"Oh bloody- Dai! Dai!"

Horacio runs after Dai.
    PCs: Horacio, Gorby, Helionaluxis

2. - Top - End - #62

BlackDragon

Firethena takes the tea, though she's looking rather confused.

"Thank you Daewell. You..." *blushes even more* "...oh, he told you THAT story, well that's... that's just great... Eh? Present? I'm not sure what you-"

She stops short, somewhat surprised at Dai's outburst and hasty departure. As he leaves the room, however, Kinslayer abruptly yanks itself out of the sheath on Terry's back, flies across the room, and swings rapidly through the air, smacking Dai in the face with the flat of its blade hard enough to knock the chameleon onto his ass. The sword hovers in midair, glaring daggers at the room in general.

SCREW YOU, mang.

[Dai takes 17 nonlethal.]
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

The stress of the situation takes Terry to the edge of his patience. And then gives him the bum's rush over.

"GODS DAMNI--"

Moron! What the hell makes you think a loop of rope would hold the ****er?!

Terry lunges forward and makes to grab Slayer again--however he can. If he grabs the blade, he grabs the blade.

"You bastard piece of tin, cut that the hell out!"

He, assuming he can, grabs Slayer and thrusts him through the back of his still billowing cloak with a loud rip, then another as the tip pierces on the bottom left edge.

"If you ever even want the chance to steal someone's soul, you will shut the hell up and cooperate like you agreed to in your gods-damned deal! My interest in Vodette is none of your concern, my friends are not your targets, and I swear by whatever good that's left in my damned life I will throw you into the next convenient portal to the positive energy plane if you don't CALM THE **** DOWN!

Realizing his outburst was said aloud, not mentally, Terry stops short and flushes again.
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2007-06-27 at 11:47 PM.
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

Dai pulls himself back up from the floor after getting knocked down.

"I was wondering why the evil artifact would give a damn.

I still am, actually... well, really.

After all, my point of view denies him tasty little soul-snacks.

I'm leaving. I'll not be bullied into accepting her bloodlust.

Not by any of you. Not even the blade. If the worst comes to pass there, I'll see if my theory on how to destroy it pans out."

{I'm going to die because she doesn't grasp the subtle distinction between a show of strength and a threat to kill someone, and this lot are thinking with their little heads. How ironic my attempts to get people to try diplomacy and compromise have forced me to abandon both...

Still. Never compromise your ethics. That would be by far the worse fate.}

5. - Top - End - #65

Horacio

Horacio curses vehemently in several dark languages mentally. The resentment he had been harboring burns into righteous fury.

Tahlion, if you can make me imposing, now's the time to do it.

"Dai! Vodette! The both of you, stop it right now! You are acting like children! Stop and think for a moment what's at stake here!

"There is a man out there, an adventurer, just like us, that gave his own sweat and blood to make the world a better place. And when he was done, all he wanted to do was settle down and raise a family in peace. But these... outsiders, whatever they are, they have tormented his family, killed his wife, and even now are probably trying to sacrifice his son and push him off the edge of insanity into darkness, and we are the only ones in any position to stop them. And you two, both of you, are willing to abandon him because of this bickering?!

"This isn't some mercenary job you can walk out on without a heavy conscience! Lives are at stake here, family is at stake here, a beaten-down father's only son is at stake here, and you're willing to walk out on him, abandon him just because you have some issues with a teammate?! Are the differences between you two so huge that you can't put them aside to help out a grieving father?"

Horacio turns to Dai.

"Dai, a mistake was made, but we all make them. Vodette makes them, Terry makes them, I make them, you make them. We all make crappy decisions sometimes, but we don't just abandon our teammates because they screwed up! We help them overcome it because next time, it might be your mistake you need help with.

"And for the record, that mistake was mine. I mouthed off to him, I started the sh*t, I brought the wrath down on us. If you want to blame anyone, blame me. Quit placing it entirely on Vodette's shoulders. I would've done the same precaution in her shoes; the Underdark's a dangerous place, you gotta know who you're dealing with."

Horacio turns to Vodette.

"And Vodette, I know you're skilled with that sword, I know you've been around the block a few times, but the you've... been acting immature. Lashing out at us, refusing to trust us but expecting trust in return, insisting your own modesty is more important than the party's safety... It's... I know it's all strange and disorienting, but you have to face it with courage. Being a warrior isn't just about how you handle a sword, it's about how you face all the trials life throws at you, your dedication and will to do what needs to be done, to tackle the problems no one else will. You've shown courage in battle, but now I need to see how brave you are out of it.

"And... I know I said some painful things that night, but I could see it was bothering you. I'm... sorry. I just want to help you. I've been through some painful times in my life as well; I know how it feels. Sometimes a kind ear makes all the difference.

"But the point is, we all have our flaws, we all have our arguments, and the Gods know there have been times I've wanted to sock the lot of you over one thing or another, and I'm sure you've wanted to sock me as well. Especially Daewell.

"But there's no one else I would rather trust watching my back right now. There's no one I want off this party. We need every angle, skill, and tool we have to pull this off. So please, come to some sort of understanding. We have too much at stake here to let bickering rip us apart like this."

Horacio breathes out and slumps his shoulders. He looks physically exhausted, almost worn out.

"Family's on the line here, family of an adventurer just like us. If we don't stick up for each other when push comes to shove, who will?"

Xan Yae, please let this work...

6. - Top - End - #66

Tokugal Ardolin

"Horacio's right. Don't dismiss what he says as a mere pep talk: he's right. Any one of us leaves, and we're easy pickings for whatever it is that's added us to its hit list, right after Gaudemus."

"You think I didn't want to leave after I got my money? I did. But I decided that this stuff was too big, too important, to--aw, Horacio's right. I'll leave it at that."

Tokugal caught the halfling's eye and gave a nod of support.

"And if you make it come to blows, you're just doing their work for them," he added.

A part of his mind wondered what Kumoru made of these 'professionals'--and what Firethena thought of awakening to such a circus.
    "So it works in practice. Who cares? Does it work in theory?"
    Spoiler
    Show

PolkaBear by Ceika | Eckher by Wayril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Characters: Clunch Lian
    PolkaBear avatar courtesy of Ceika

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Vodette

Still quite red in the face, she takes several steps back in her eyes glaring at everybody in turn.

I have done NOTHING wrong, and I will not accept him saying I have blood lust. I haven't shown anything like it. I like fighting, yes. It's what I know. But I have yet to ATTACK ANYTHING BEFORE IT HAS ATTACKED US. If Dai would be able to open his eyes and get down of his damn pedestal that he's ever so happy to sit on and look down upon all of us, then maybe he would realize that. If he wants to leave, fine! I haven't had any problems with you, Dai, before this. Frankly, I have no damn idea how this came about. Maybe you're cracking under the stress, I don't know. Whatever it is, I know that I don't deserve any of it. If you're saying that killing Crush was blood lust, well if you call fending off some underdark creature as it tries to attack you or eat your brain, then yes I have blood lust. That is something I wouldn't feel ashamed about because that is actually called defending yourself. And these people are my friends, which is why I am going to stay with them. They're yours too, so I guess the ability to read people that you're bragging about is actually s***.

Vodette stops for a moment, breathing very heavily. Her voice was raised to shouting several times during her 'speech'. She's now struggling to regain herself.

They want you to stay with us. So I am willing to put aside whatever problems we have and just work together.
    Last edited by boxboy582; 2007-06-28 at 11:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Failyn Sunswift, Human Monk
    Init +7 HP 40/40 Bloodied 20 Healing Surge 10 (0 used /7)
    AC 23 Fort 18 Reflex 22 Will 17 Speed 6
    Str 16 (+3) Con 10 (0) Dex 20 (+5) Int 8 (-1) Wis 13 (+1) Cha 10 (0)

Spoiler
    Show
    If all the world is a stage....I want better lighting.

Nobody suspects the penguin
    Both avatars by Ceika

8. - Top - End - #68

"Friends? In that case, the request I'm about to ask should be only a small burden...

...next time we encounter some-thing that may well escalate from conversation to conflict if threatened, why don't we go with the admittedly unorthodox option of not threatening them?

Just putting that out there.

'Cause, you know, with everything at stake, one might think that, say, accidently angering an elder squid god, and it sounds like we killed a potentially valuable source of information back in the mountain... you know, crazy thought, there was possibly a better possible outcome.

Oh, sorry, I forgot. Respect for the lives and self respect of other sentients is childish. My bad."

9. - Top - End - #69

Horacio

Horacio blinks, then almost says something, but keeps his mouth shut.

"We'll keep it an option, Dai. Now if you could look at that slice of a potentially valuable source of information I tossed you and figure out how much it'd cost to resurrect him and restrict what actions he can take, I'd appreciate it."

(Just as a reminder, Horacio cut off a slice of Crush's tentacles and tossed it to Dai before this lovely argument came up.)

Horacio turns back to Firethena.

"It's a long story, and it's been a long trip. I can explain the basics while we get that present. You remember, Firethena? The thing I asked for that night at the inn?"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Daewell

The wizard continues to stay with Firethena as the conflict erupts around them, pouring tea. Once she's had a chance to get her bearings...

Surely, Horacio, that can wait until we've had a chance to check in with Firethena. As you've pointed out, this is a matter of life and death, and...if we're all content to remain in the room now...

He smiles at Dai.

I'm sorry to have to present this information to you so abruptly, Firethena, but there are larger forces at play and - as Horacio has all but said - those forces threaten Gaudamus and his son.

What he has neglected to mention is that they also threaten our home. This city. It seems likely, according to the church's intelligence, that Gaudamus has established himself as a kind of god-king of the barbarian tribes to the south. At this time, it seems that he has forged them into an army of sorts - an army that he is marching straight at us.

At the same time, it seems that there is something old and outside of the realms that is struggling to get a toe-hold here. Gaudamus is tied up with them somehow, but the exact connection is not clear. Some agent of this evil took possession of an innocent paladin a week ago, and forced him to attempt to kill Father Donovan.

We were successful in reaching Nightfang and Scarlet. They were impressed with Horacio's offer of sushi, and invited us in. We saw Gareth - a bold and strong young man, with an orcish manner and his father's fondness for greatswords. We also met Kara, a half-orc woman, possibly a companion to Gareth. It seems likely that she is a follower of Gaudamus. Gareth and Kara left shortly, we spent the evening...sharing stories with Nightfang and Scarlet. In the morning, they lead us to Kinslayer, which seemed to have become even more active lately. Which it demonstrated by impaling, and sort of adopting Terry.

And...there's more. On our way to meet up with Nightfang, we stumbled across and killed an illithid who introduced himself as Crush. That-

He points to the bit of tentacle on the floor.

- was taken from its corpse by Horacio. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you deserve to know. When we came here this evening to provide an update, there was another presence here. Another illithid, one apparently known as the Devourer. He had, well, there's no easy way to say this. He had taken possession of you, and briefly threatened us with your own considerable talents. Apparently, our actions against the larger threat of the tentacled beings and whatever they serve, mesh with the Devourer's own goals, and he left of his own accord.

And...then you woke up.

He blinked twice, and set down his teacup.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect-o-vision to confirm that all enchantments and possessions are gone from her. Once that's complete, he'll also sweep the room, looking for any magical sensors that might be about.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

11. - Top - End - #71

Horacio

Horacio frowns at Daewell.

He could've broken it to her a bit more gently...

"Daewell's right. We're facing outworldly threats to all our safety. The Devourer we struck a deal with... we take care of the threat to all of us, and they leave us alone. That includes you, Firethena. You shouldn't have to worry about him anymore.

"But that doesn't rule out the tentacled beasts threatening Gaudemus and Gareth. They're skinwearers, infesting people and slowly taking control of them. Luckily, we've discovered a few clues that someone's infested. One of them is marks on the back. So we're doing checks of everyone we can to make sure they're not infected. That includes you, Firethena."

Horacio grins shyly.

"Firethena, do you mind if I check your back for these marks quick? I know it's a bit abrupt, but we need to make sure... I, uh, could give you a back rub or a massage while I'm at it, loosen up those muscles, relieve some tension. This has been pretty stressful for all of us.

"And after that, all of us are going to meet an old comrade of mine. That includes you too, Firethena. She's an expert on dreams and the mind, she can double-check to make sure none of us are influenced or infested by anything. She can give us some advice on what to do and... guidance."

Horacio's grin fades to a sad smile.

"I think we all need a bit of that right now..."

Spoiler
    Show
    If Firethena faints, Horacio immediately gets out the smelling salts to revive her. Not having her go unconscious mid-reply.
    Last edited by Mike_Lemmer; 2007-06-28 at 09:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Vodette

Vodette clenches her teeth. She sees the end of this particular argument is at an end.

Fine. But I'll make a request too. Next time something does escalate to conflict and one of your fellow members is being attacked, how about you take the unorthodox option for you and stay and fight to save your friends life instead of running away.

Vodette steps back into (or farther back into) the room. She folds her arms and looks around. She listens to everybody sum up for Firethena and she does her best to regain her temper. She's making some headway when Horacio mentions checking each others backs.

Still finishing calming down, Vodette completely misses Horacio's attempts to pick up Firethena.

Horacio how about Firethena and I check each other since I still need her to check my back. Call it a girl thing, I guess.
    Last edited by boxboy582; 2007-06-28 at 11:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Both avatars by Ceika

13. - Top - End - #73

Horacio

"The problem is, if both of you are infested, you could cover up each other's infestation. Someone we know is clean has to check."

14. - Top - End - #74

BlackDragon

All things considered, Horacio, I think you're doing admirably on your own... I'd cool it with the offers of back massages and whatnot tho-

Firethena looks rather frazzled, but she blinks and shakes her head to clear it, apparently doing remarkably well.

"...okay... possessed by the Devourer... that... actually makes sense, I was having the -wierdest- dream... something about a tall, dark stranger who was amaxingly good at cunning... ling... guist... ics. He was a... cunning linguist. Very good with the.... with the languages. He knew a lot of them."

She coughs and pushes the blanket off of herself so she can shift positions.

"And now you're telling me Gaudemus is a god and he's about to attack the city and his children are threatened by the wearers of the flesh. And you're still worried about Nefertari's cat toy. Don't worry, I worked on it, I'll show you what I've got so far. But if we're worried about body snatchers..."

She unblinkingly sheds her robe, unfastens the front of her nightgown, and drops it to her waist, pulling up her hair to present an unrestricted view of her torso as she shifts around to make sure everyone can see everything.

"They don't just invade through the back, they can enter through an opening in more or less any part of the torso, so you guys had probable better get your shirts back off and check each other's chests and stomachs too. If you're all satisfied I'm clean I can take Vodette into a spare room and make sure she's alright."

... Terry, you might want to check this cloak for stains.

Firethena rolls her eyes. "Nice to see you too, ***hole."

Daewell detects
    Spoiler
    Show
    no magic on Firethena, again. The room is largely clean too, though he can detect some faint traces in other rooms beyond, and the large tome sitting on the coffee table is lit up with a decent aura. He can detect a magical rune that resembles the elvish letter "f" surrounded by stylized flames on the cover.
    Last edited by Magnus_Samma; 2007-06-28 at 11:50 PM.
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Vodette

Vodette's jaw drops and she coughs involuntarily when Firethena drops her clothes. Vodette swallows and begins walking toward the other room.

Right, so she passes inspection. How about you check me in the other room Firethena? We'll be back in a second.

Vodette walks into the other room.

IF Firethena follows she'll do the body search and then return to the room with the rest of the group in it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Both avatars by Ceika

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Daewell

Having survived Scarlet and two helpings of Nefertari, Daewell manages to be relatively sanguine as Firethena disrobes. He looks only with a cool disinterest.

Interesting. Elves maintain much greater muscle tone than humans of an equivalent age. I wonder if it's due to greater skin elasticity, or a lower proportion of body fat.

As Vodette and Firethena make their way into another room, Daewell unclasps his vest and cloak, and draws his own shirt up over his head for a moment so that the others can see.

Hm. We should probably do this as well. I don't believe any of us have actually made good on our offer to reveal ourselves. Which reminds me.

Rising, he tucks his shirt back into place as he strolls to the kitchen and pokes his head in.

Kumaru, I believe that it's fine to come out.

Returning to his seat, he looks around at the others, and then is struck by a thought.

How would Firethena know about the capabilities of the tentacled creatures?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

17. - Top - End - #77

Horacio

Horacio blinks and his jaw hits the floor when Firethena disrobes and explains about the tentacled creatures, but it isn't because she's naked.

Dear Gods, she handled that so calmly, as cool as an Atalya winter night. The whole thing. And she even knew about the nightmare creatures. She even cussed out Kinslayer!

Tahlion, pinch me, I think I'm dreaming.

Something else pings at the back of his mind, though, and he looks for any old scars on Firethena's body.
    Spot check: 22

He quickly recovers and just watches impassively as Firethena leads Vodette out of the room. He starts removing his own shirt afterwards.

"Isn't it obvious? She studied them with Gaudemus. Or she's done her own research into Aerin's death as well."
    Last edited by Mike_Lemmer; 2007-06-29 at 01:23 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

"If anyone had been in appreciable danger or need of help, they'd have more reason to complain."

He looks down at the shred of tentacle with some slight frustration.

"If Crush is amenable to reincarnation, and assuming that would even work, I can bring him back easily enough. Otherwise... it'll be tricky, since we seem to have left the bulk of the body behind to rot.

Cat toy. She called it a cat toy."

(long-suffering sigh)

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Daewell

And...what advantage do we gain by reincarnating that creature?

Not even his employer seemed interested in it, and the topic he was just on his way to investigate, we're already knee-deep in. I would say the LAST thing we want to add to this mix is a magic-using illithid with a perfectly good reason to hate us.

20. - Top - End - #80

Horacio

"Because A, he might've been investigating that cult longer than we have and have some useful info; B, we should be able to place some sort of magical compulsion on him that keeps him doing missions against these world-destroying cults instead of coming to the surface to eat our brains; and C, the Devourer failed to set up a contact with us.

"I'd rather get half my teeth pulled than speak with him again, but not having any line of communication can lead to all sorts of misunderstandings. Ones I'd rather avoid when dealing with... him.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, as the old saying goes.

"Course, I can also see many ways this might be a bad idea, so if you have any opinions or comments, now's the time to speak up.
    Last edited by Mike_Lemmer; 2007-06-29 at 09:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Daewell

The wizard settles back on the couch, where a week ago he, Tokugal and Dai first met Firethena.

Well, if the Devourer wanted communications with us, he seems adequately prepared for the purpose. And if he blocks himself from other attempts at magical communication, then he clearly doesn't want to hear from us either, so having an intermediary only makes him stronger. The only other way I know for Crush to communicate with him is to leave our sphere...again, something I wouldn't recommend. I'll defer to Dai, but I am no expert in such compulsions, let alone how to make such things work on the, ah, "squids".

In short, if you wish to go ahead and bring back that murderous thing, I want no part of it.

22. - Top - End - #82

Horacio

"All excellent points, Dae, many of them the same ones I was thinking of. Granted, you'd think of all of us, I'd be the most opposed to it, but this is a unique situation that could benefit us if it's pulled off right.

A few things about your argument. First, we don't know if he's blocked magical communication to him, unless you've already tried to contact him and didn't tell me about it. I also think the increase in his strength is meager compared to our benefit; his use to the Devourer will be restricted to ways that help both of us.

"And even murderous things can be useful... if pointed at the right targets. There are plenty of races in the Underdark that want to see all our heads on a platter; I wouldn't mind a bit more infighting among them, especially if it sabotages more plots against the surface.

"Of course, it all depends on how durable those restrictions are. If any middling caster can dispel, I won't risk it. I won't be responsible for bringing back a flayer that can prey on Atalyans.

"Well Dai? How about it? Is there an easy way to put durable restrictions on what our friend Crush can do... and eat? Doesn't matter if you can't do it, just if somebody can... I have a few friends I could ask for aid on this."
    Last edited by Mike_Lemmer; 2007-06-29 at 11:05 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground

Terry nonchalantly wraps his cloak a bit more around Slayer and loosens it around his neck. Rather not end up hung in an attempt to slow him down. He chooses to ignore the greatsword's comment.

"Now, personally? I have no problems with resurrecting Crush. Yes, he's about as trustworthy as a drunken dandy, yes, he's probably evil, and yes, he's probably got a massive grudge, but damn it, he didn't do anything to us without provocation. Yes, he nibbles humanoids' skulls. ...I still wouldn't mind seeing him brought back."
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.

24. - Top - End - #84

"I think people may be missing an important detail - reincarnation would bring him back as some other type of sentient. He won't be an illithid any more... which may be enough of a deal-breaker for him to refuse to come back at all."

25. - Top - End - #85

Horacio

"Not reincarnation, resurrection. You know, high-level cleric spell? I'm asking you to figure out the details, not actually do it yourself."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Daewell

Well, Horacio, I'm not sure how to proceed. You say that you won't be responsible for bringing back a flayer who can prey on Atalyans, but that's exactly what you're proposing.

I know of no way to bring him back in a way that reliably makes him loyal to our cause. Raising him from the dead unleashes another illithid on our city. Reincarnating him makes him something other than an illithid, and probably unable to reliably contact the Devourer without being, well, devoured - even if he is willing to return.

Perhaps Dai or your church can offer a solution. Until then, I'd suggest we focus on other matters of discussion.

For instance, can you tell us any more about this "Devourer", and his role in the city?

27. - Top - End - #87

"Resurrection would require a powerful Cleric willing to bring an Illithid back to life. I don't think we're going to find such an individual, based on the comments Crush's master made.

As for Geasing him... no spell wrought by men cannot be undone... at least, as far as anything we could conceivably obtain. We could go to great lengths to inconvenience whoever might want to unravel such a spell... I'm not sure how much that would help.

I'm not the most competent Wizard here, though, actually, I think I only make top three, so someone else might have a better idea of that though."

28. - Top - End - #88

Horacio

"The Devourer was an old bogeyman among the flayers. Scared them more than our interrogators, so I heard; they wouldn't spill anything because whatever fate they had in store, his was much worse for betrayers. Most of us wrote it off as an urban legend; the rest of us remembered how often those legends turned out to be true. His interest in Atalya is indirect at best, thank the Gods.

"I fought flayers the entire war and this was the first one that warranted his personal attention. The odds are the same as bumping into a disguised God on the street. We got very unlucky... and then very lucky. And if he decides to go against his word, we are all probably very screwed. But I asked for a truce and erasure of past 'crimes' with him for our services saving 'his' world; if he keeps his word, his forces won't bother us if we don't bother them.

"That might cause complications in the future, but we'll cross that bridge if we reach it. For now, I'd stay on his good side. Resurrecting a minion who had his personal attention might be worth that. Or it might be worth nothing. Just an idea.

"And noted, Dai. I'll ask my clerics about it when we reach the church. They don't ask many questions, and they enjoy challenges like this. Now, could I have the slice back?"

Horacio takes the slice back when Dai offers it.
    Last edited by Mike_Lemmer; 2007-06-29 at 07:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

"Please, take it. Try to keep it from rotting away entirely though."

He hands it back over.

30. - Top - End - #90

Horacio

"They last a while. Trust me."

Horacio takes it back.