Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,181 of 1181
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Megadungeon C (IC) II

Dacianne

She nods her head. "Right! First thing in the morning, we head out. Tonight, I am barking for the carnival and being a catch assistant. But, come the morning, we'll go!"

So, unless anyone objected, her plan was to kick around town barking.. then do the carnival stuff, before joining them in the morning.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ettin in the Playground

Endeesy

The way out of the Mage's Guild turns out to be just the same as the way in; at one end of the corridor is the main door out!

The party searches for a paladincraft wand of lesser restoration, but does not happen to find any for sale in any of the usual shops, not even Mario's Discount Magic Supply Emporium!

The party checks around at a couple temples, and the best deal they find is a local (4th level cleric) priest of Sequoia who has lesser restoration prepared and offers to cast it once for a donation of 80gp. But there are 3rd level clerics in the city! They just don't happen to have prepared lesser restoration today. But, as the party is resting for the night anyway, they just put 60gp out of the party fund down for a engineer (3rd-level cleric) priest of Urmaggr to prepare it tomorrow, and so they hit him up in the morning and he casts the spell so Matters is healed for (1d4)[4] Intelligence damage.

Wands of lesser vigor are easy to come by, so the party buys a wand of lesser vigor for 750gp out of the party fund!

Doltan buys a chain shirt! This is easy to find for the regular listed price.

The party also searches the town's shops for an Enveloping Pit, but, again, even Mario's doesn't have one of these rare relics!

There are, however, Bags of Holding of all four types available, plus Handy Haversacks, all for more or less the regular listed prices!

(The party could, of course, ask around a bit to try to find any leads on either a paladincraft wand of lesser restoration or an Enveloping Pit, if'n they so desire.)

The Next Day

In the sky, the Red Wanderer Othag, representing anger and change, is in the constellation of the Hag, representing wisdom and humility. The fortunes of the wise are changing today, or something!
    Last edited by Malimar; 2018-01-18 at 12:30 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Barbarian in the Playground

Doltan

"Anyone feel like asking around? I can haggle and threaten my way out of anything, really, but threatening the good folk of this town out in the open doesn't seem that good an idea."

He turns around to the rest of the party.

"What about you Dack? Learned anything interesting at the fair? I'd love a few leads here. Any secret Thieves' Guild I might have missed?

How about you Argento? You just recently joined, you might know people we don't, and, judging how you keep yourself sharp, you're certainly the people-pleasing type.

And you, Matters? I don't know any 'forged as devout as you, certainly, you'll have some links at the local temples!

We're either looking for a low-priced wand, or, more importantly, a highly valuable relic. Any leads on the relic would certainly give us a place to go."

He then clasps his hands and bows his head.

"Of course, if we can find nothing of the sort, we can always go down and hunt a rather unique magical dagger."

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Dacianne

Out through the in door then off they are shopping. She tries to amuse herself and others with a bit of juggling, while walking to and fro.

As Doltan questions her, she gives a rascally grin. "There's the Knave's Guild of Endseey. If you need something stolen, killed, or a good defense in court, it's the place to go. They have some jobs, from time to time.

She then perks up, "Magical dagger?"

She's been staying at the carnival a while and talking to people.. she thinks if there are any other leads. Was anything missing from the carnival or some guilds?

Spoiler
    Show

local: (1d20+4)[13]

5. - Top - End - #1175

Doltan

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

This is an aid another for a Gather Information rolled by someone more skilled at it than Doltan is.
    (1d20+2)[10]

The magical dagger Doltan is talking about is the one we'd be getting to trade to a shady person for an ability-enhancing tome

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

Argento

"The last known place for the dagger -- according to the missive is the King's Armoury. Not the easiest of places to reach I would imagine." he says in reply to Dacianne, "As for places we may procure those more elusive items, I'll see if anyone knows anything, give me a bit." the young bard Thinks if he had heard of anything that might be of use as he sets off to enquire about how that might procure such unique items as the relic Doltan mentioned.

Show

Gather Information - (1d20+11)[31]
    Knowledge - Local - (1d20+4)[16] use Lore Song to add +4 to my Knowledge Local (just in-case) bringing it to 20
    Knowledge - History - (1d20+4)[19]
    Knowledge - Arcana - (1d20+4)[16]

Last edited by TankLaser007; 2018-01-14 at 03:04 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Matters

After getting healed of the Intelligence drain, Matters felt much better. "Thanks, everybody. Also, thank you for not using Sequoia's priest. No offence to him or anything, but religious customs and all that.

As for links to the local temple, that might be a problem. I've been more of a travelling pilgrim, not actually affiliated to the church. But I do have some leads from our time in Riverford. Replaying message:"

Matters

"So there's a white dragon somewhere to the west praying on the local livestock, but we probably don't want to fight another one of those just yet. The seventh Count Rogan might be hiding in this town, praying on townsfolk, but he might be way out of our league. An elven ranger is searching for his missing daughter, someone called Lauren. A very beautiful woman called Katya seems to be draining people of their life force but has left the town, so be suspicious of anyone with that name. Oh, and a bloodmage goblin peddler is at the ende of town and the legitimate alchemist is annoyed because it reduces his sales. We could try and convince the peddler to hop it somewhere else, maybe Endeesy ?"
    "End of message. Come to think of it, I think I remember something about Lauren, she might have been in the possession of a spellbook. And there was word about bandits praying on traders but hiding away when adventurers or guards came looking for them, but I think we took care of some of those."

Matters will spend some time searching the shops of Endeesy for a masterwork suit of plate armor.

Show
    So, how much gold did each of us earn ?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ettin in the Playground

Gus

Dacianne is correct: everybody is familiar with the Knaves' Guild, which regulates the activities of, among other things, thieves, assassins, gambling establishments, and lawyers. (The carnival, on the other hand, probably falls under the domain of the Prostitutes' Guild, which despite the name isn't just prostitutes, all entertainers can benefit from its protections.)

Dack doesn't happen to have heard any leads about paladincraft wands, Enveloping Pits, or the relevant dagger.

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    So, how much gold did each of us earn ?
    By my reckoning:

5377.5gp for the sale of the ring of force shield, the scroll, the potion, and the shard. Plus the sell values of the ring of protection (1000gp) and the cloak of resistance (500gp), that's 6877.5 total value.

Divided by 5 (one share for each of everybody except Argento, plus one share for the party fund), that's 1375.5gp value for each of the four original party members (and the party fund). Doltan keeps the 500gp-sell-value cloak, so he gets 875.5gp plus the cloak; Dack keeps the 1000gp-sell-value ring, so she gets 375.5gp plus the ring. Everybody else (including the party fund) gets 1375.5gp.

The party fund was at 1517 and an amethyst (which can be sold for 100gp, which can then be split amongst the party or left in the party fund), adding 1375.5 leaves it at 2892.5gp. Subtracting 60gp and 750gp from that leaves the party fund at 2082.5gp plus the amethyst.

BUT don't add any of that to your sheets yet, because: My math seems to differ by a bit from Xgya's. I'm not sure where the discrepancy arises; could Xgya walk us through his reckoning in more detail to try to figure out which of us made one or more mistakes (it'll probably turn out to be some dumb mistakes on my part, I bet)?

Argento already has begun earning his keep! It takes 3 hours, but between the knowledge he already has and his ability to squeeze rumors out of the populace, he (aided by Doltan and probably by the rest of the party) turns up many leads, some more valuable than others! (In particular, it turns out that people don't tend to be able to differentiate between paladins who can cast spells (and therefore craft wands) and paladins who wield incomprehensible divine forces that are not technically spells (i.e., crusaders).)

Paladins:
    • Most paladins follow Numiel (although there exist regular paladins of every Good deity plus Urmaggr and the Ancestor Spirits, and there exist variant paladins of every deity, Numiel's got the bulk of them). Only the world's most powerful paladins would be capable of crafting the wand sought by the party, and most paladins are more inclined to adventure slaying evil than to spend time crafting. A good place to find a paladincraft wand would be either the Archbishopric of Shell, where most paladins of Numiel get their orders, or the Bishopric of Terrasurrexit in Romus. But both of those would be a long boat trip. One could perhaps send away to one of these places by mail, but it would take many weeks for the message to arrive and for the wand to come back.
    • A planetouched paladin of Sequoia was on the continent the other month helping a bit with agriculture, but last was heard she was headed to the floating library-city of Myth Selu'glaurach to research soil properties. Also a long boat trip.
    • Prior Trakis, a paladin of Numiel, was murdered several months ago at the St. Arossi Monastery of Numiel at Perch Hill. A new prior has not yet been dispatched to join the Monastery from the Archbishopric of Shell. It's possible that he might have crafted a wand before his death, but not likely. Still, the Monastery is the closest lead, paladin-wise.
    • Prior Szabla, the prior of the Monastery of Numiel before Trakis, went missing a couple years ago, though there are vague rumors that he may have "gone bad" and was killed recently.
    • Milla Hillthorn, the rebel leader in the northeast of Gus, could be a paladin (of freedom, presumably), but there are contradicting reports that she uses incarnum instead.
    • A paladin named Kataun has been seen about the continent, adventuring. His party is known to have defeated the ogres encamped between Saint Phil and Nopants, rescued two granddaughters of the Omorashi Scorpion Emperor, and so on (and there are rumors he's traveling with a wizardess named Lauren, relevant to Matters's lead).
    • A paladin named Eleanor has been seen about the continent, adventuring; most notably, her party is known to have won all eight challenge levels of the Arena of Inglip, causing the gropagas of Inglip to declare the project concluded and pack up the arena.

The Enveloping Pit:
    • Enveloping Pits were devised as traps, created by the Burning Hate or one of its top lieutenants and granted to powerful kobold lords during some historical (pre-Inundation) period when the kobolds were most favored by the god or said lieutenant. Today, these pits have a reputation as being (mis)used for extradimensional storage instead of trap by cultists of the Burning Hate, which is the use Doltan has heard of. Theoretically, this use as storage can be accessed even by non-worshippers, and one only needs to establish the necessary divine connection to make full use of it as a trap. Theoretically.
    • There aren't many kobolds around since the Inundation. One way to find some might be to find chromatic dragons, who might keep a few as servants. But most of the rumors about chromatic dragons are vague. A white one and a blue one have been spotted near Mount Dis, and Cladius the famous adventurer was overheard complaining about a black one somewhere within the Don't Drink This River cave.
    • There are some whispers of kobolds dwelling in a compound near the center of the city owned by Sir Randolph the White of the Kingsguard. Indeed, if any kobolds were encountered by adventurers, they would probably be brought directly to Sir Randolph for the 1,250 gold for the "live individual of any race partially descended from a chromatic dragon" bounty.
    • The monsters emerging from the Cave of Burning are mostly demonic in nature, and could potentially have some leads on these dracodemonic relics.

As for the dagger, there is the "Slay the Enormous Betentacled Monstrosity" bounty, with a reward of "a single book or scroll of your choice from the Royal Library or a single article of your choice from the Royal Armory", but from having been nearly killed a couple times adventuring near there, the party suspects this bounty is far beyond their capabilities at the moment.

And Matters easily finds a couple of masterwork suits of plate armor for sale.

9. - Top - End - #1179

Doltan

"Well, there's something in our league that both counts as a mission and might lead us to the relic!

I say we go and help this Sir Randolph.

I didn't know that Pit was meant as a trap though, that's new! I didn't know it was inherently Evil either, but given the use we plan to make out of it, and the fact nobody among us would even think of making a divine connection to the item, I would guess it would be better in our hands than theirs.

Kobolds are crafty, their place will more than likely be trapped, but they're otherwise nuisances, no? I say we can tackle those."

Spoiler: Matters
    Show
    The gold awarded per person was 2143 gold pieces. Doltan only added 1643 because he kept the cape, and Dack got 1143 and the ring of protection.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Dack

She is fairly confident in what she knows and doesn't know. Unfortunately, there's not much for her to add to their current predicament. Thankfully, no one asked about the prostitutes' guild or what guild that carnival fell under. It was always an awkward conversation.

The dagger sounds interesting, but in King's Armory sounds dangerous.

Then, she perks up. "Traps, pits, Sirs? I'm in. I like this idea! Yes, I agree to go along with this!"

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

After the long hours spent snooping an schmoozing it was nice to finnally have found a direction into which they might go.

"If it's Kobolds we want then Kobolds it shall be!" he says, "count me in."